Scoop: Matthew Perry Returning to NBC as Star of Comedy Pilot Go On

Matthew Perry Go OnNBC is welcoming an old Friend back into the fold.

Matthew Perry has been tapped to headline Go On, a single-camera comedy from the actor’s former Friends colleague Scott Silveri about a sportscaster who, while trying to move on from a loss, finds solace in his mandatory group-therapy sessions.

Julie White (Law & Order: SVU, Transformers) is set to co-star as a widow stuck in the anger stage of grief.

Perry, who attempted a sitcom comeback last season with ABC’s short-lived Mr. Sunshine, will next be seen playing a new foil for Julianna Margulies on The Good Wife.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots

1. ken says:

hate to say it, but this sounds like another flop for matthew perry. a shame, because he deserves a hit. maybe he should reach out to cable like matt leblanc and lisa kudrow did.

• Josh says:

Why don’t you let the writers write the show, the director direct it and the actors act it before you make a statement like that.

2. Emily says:

I’m excited to see Matthew Perry in another comedy so soon. I loved Mr. Sunshine – they never should’ve cancelled it. It was offbeat and quirky, but a good show.

3. Melissa says:

I think his last two shows ( Mr. Sunshine and Studio 60) were good shows lost in the shuffle, hopefully this one will stand out enough to stay :)

• rachel says:

studio 60, to me, is one of the best shows to never be given a chance.

• janie says:

I totally agree with Melissa and Rachel! I AM glad to Perry went back to comedy. His sense of timing is exquisite, and we all need a laugh these days.

4. Andrea says:

I’d rather his role on TGW became recurring. Matthew Perry in a comedy isn’t as enjoyable to me as Matthew Perry in a drama.

5. Jordan says:

Can somebody please tell me why on Earth NBC remains intent on having single-camera comedies? Do they not realize that the ones they currently have are NOT bringing in the ratings?!

• Josh says:

Because maybe they are paying more attention to the content of the show as opposed to how it is shot?

• Jordan says:

Take a look at NBC’s ratings for its entire lineup (minus The Voice), and you’ll see why it’s in desperate need of a hit. The content of a show could also be incredible in front of a live studio audience à la Big Bang Theory. The execs at NBC don’t seem to understand that the majority of people don’t like shows shot with one camera, especially if they suck.

Idk, I just feel that NBC has been losing money for years now.

• Scott says:

It’s an easy answer. At one time, NBC were the kings of comedy shows. Remember when they had Cheers, Friends, Mad About You, Frasier and Seinfeld? They won’t give up until they’re top again.

6. Forwarders says:

I agree about the single camera – lose it. No one likes ms except directors and NBC.

7. forwarders says:

“it”

8. joe says:

how many times does this loser get a chance? plenty of others out there who aren’t former drug addicts

• rachel says:

so….you’re saying that people don’t deserve second (or third) chances? what does his history of substance abuse problems have to do with his being cast in a new show? ugh.

on a more positive note, i LOVE matthew perry, and am stoked to see him come back to TV.

• goldie925 says:

You’re right about not giving anyone a 2nd chance.. Must be nice to walk on water like that… wow

9. juan says:

I’m happy that he is getting another sitcom but I hope this one is better and is successfull

10. Scott says:

Ditto Melissa!!!

11. karen says:

Me parece excelente actor es un genio del humor
    Es mi actor favorito sos el mejor me encantas me matas de la risa cuando veo friends jaja
    Seguí así!!!

12. estefania says:

Me parece un excelente actores un genio del humor
    Sos mi actor favorito te veo en friends todo los días
    Me matas de la risa sos el mejor
    Seguí así!!!! ;)

13. Ann says:

I love Matthew.. His “Chandler” character was really under-rated.. Definately will watch it..