Pilot Scoop: GH's Jonathan Jackson Heads to Nashville, Mena Suvari Joins NBC Comedy

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Jonathan Jackson has officially rebounded from his recent General Hospital departure with a role on ABC’s musical drama pilot Nashville.

Also among the latest pilot castings: American Horror Story’s Mena Suvari, a My Boys alum and True Blood’s Michael Raymond-James.

Jackson, a four-time Daytime Emmy winner, joins Nashville — which centers on the country music scene and its various denizens — as Avery, a sexy aspiring musician with a bad boy streak. Deadline first reported the scoop.

No stranger to music, Jackson belongs to an indie rock band, Enation, where he handles lead vocals and plays guitar. The former soap stud’s last primetime gig was a recurring role on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

In other pilot news per our sister site Deadline:

• Mena Suvari (who recently appeared on FX’s American Horror Story) and Kyle Howard (My Boys) have nabbed co-starring gigs in the untitled NBC comedy from former Community scribe Hilary Winston. The project centers on a shy woman who, after a tough breakup, leans on her co-workers — two of which will be played by Suvari and Howard.

• Michael Raymond-James has been cast opposite Titus Welliver in NBC’s Midnight Sun, a thriller that centers on an investigation into mysterious disappearances within a group living on a cult-like commune in Alaska. The alum of Terriers and True Blood will play the local police department’s second-in-command officer.

Which pilot castings have your interest piqued?

Comments (7)

• Ugh, I am so excited! I will watch anything Jonathan Jackson is on! He’s the only reason I was still watching GH with my mom.

Comment by alyssa897 – February 23, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH HEY. It’s the guy who tried to get it on with Topanga!
    #90schildproblems

Comment by Bored – February 23, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Titus Welliver and Michael Raymond-James, it has to be picked up! Even if the show feels like a Happy Town, fate wise.

Comment by damian – February 23, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! I had zero interest in this show, but with JJ in it I will definitely be watching.

Comment by Renee – February 23, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man…now I have to watch Nashville! Jonathan Jackson? Singing? Yes please!

Comment by Sarah – February 23, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suddenly I find myself interested in Nashville.

Comment by lacey – February 24, 2012 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love JJ so will definately tune into Nashville!

Comment by susan – February 24, 2012 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post