Scoop: Hangover's Justin Bartha Joins Ryan Murphy's NBC Comedy Pilot The New Normal

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Justin Bartha The New NormalRyan Murphy has found a husband for Book of Mormon‘s Andrew Rannells.

The Glee boss has tapped Hangover actor Justin Bartha to play Rannells’ better half in The New Normal, his single-camera sitcom pilot about a blended family made up of a gay couple and the surrogate helping them have a baby of their own.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

Georgia King has been cast as their surrogate, Goldie, and, as previously reported, Ellen Barkin co-stars as her glamorous grandma.

Murphy will direct the pilot and serve as an EP alongside Ali Adler and Dante Di Loreto.

Normal marks Bartha’s second stab at sitcom success. His first, NBC’s Teachers, was axed in 2006 after just six episodes.

Comments (7)

• Oh I love this guy. He’s adorable!!!! I’ll watch. :D

Comment by Daniela – February 22, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my god, are you telling me I have to watch a Ryan Murphy show now? Justin Bartha in National Treasure (no joke) made me realize I’m gay. WHY MURPHY? WHY DO YOU CAST PEOPLE I LOVE IN YOUR HIDEOUS SHOWS?!

Comment by Sam – February 22, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No jokes here, just agreement with that second statement. I really love the lead couple here, but on the other hand, Ryan Murphy. I will have to regretfully decline watching this show. I don’t need to force myself to deal with any more bad writing than I already do by watching The Walking Dead.
      For the record that is my opinion and I hope no one suddenly decides to start a Walking Dead argument in the comments here.

Comment by R.T. – February 23, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Teachers. I thought it was so cool.
    I’m SHOCKED that Ellen Barkin would agree to play a grandmother (even if a glamorous one)

Comment by Mark – February 22, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why are you surprised? She’s like 70!

Comment by MikaMikea – February 22, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • More like 57 at the moment.

Comment by Edith – February 23, 2012 01:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this show is gonna be a hit, I know it. First of all, it’s Ryan Murphy so at least the first season is going to be a hit. But then again it’s Ryan Murphy, it will go worse with time. Two gays and a surrogate—HILARIOUS

Comment by shizzy – February 23, 2012 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post