Scoop: Dollhouse Alumna Dichen Lachman Boards ABC's Undersea Drama Pilot Last Resort

Dichen Lachman Last ResortDichen Lachman is heading 20,000 leagues under the sea for her next project.

The Dollhouse/Being Human beauty has joined the cast of ABC’s Shawn Ryan-produced undersea drama pilot Last Resort.

Set in the not-so-distant future, Last Resort follows the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who become fugitives after refusing to fire their missiles. Ultimately, they make camp on an island that hosts a NATO listening station and declare themselves an independent nuclear nation.

Lachman will play Tani, an intelligent and naive bar owner on the island.  She is the daughter of an elder tribesman.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

Andre Braugher stars as the captain and Scott Speedman is set to play his second in command. Autumn Reeser (No Ordinary Family) and Daisy Betts (Persons Unknown) round out the impressive ensemble.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots

1. Saul says:

That’s cool, Dollhouse was somewhat mediocre (and that’s coming from a huge Joss Whedon fan) but I liked her in it. And Last Resort is looking like the most intriguing network pilot for next year, hope it gets picked up.

2. Mac says:

Between the talent behind and in front of the camera on this one ABC may as well just send it to series now.

3. J says:

Good. She’s a great actress, but I cannot stand her on Being Human.

• rehabber says:

I kind of like her on Being Human, the spoiled little rich vampire, but my favorite characters are Josh and Henry, not a fan of Aidan and love they kept Kyle’s name Henry.

4. TheDude says:

Love the cast, but the premise sounds ridiculously stupid.

5. cj says:

i LOVE LOVE LOVE dichen lachman.
    i realize this takes place in the “not so distant future”, but i know right now women aren’t allowed to serve on submarines, so just for authenticity sake i hope they don’t try to sneak on any women submariners, unless they explain otherwise.

• tarc says:

Um… the article states that she’s a civilian bar owner on the island that the soldiers take over for a new nation.

• ultimate troll says:

Why do you give a crap about authenticity’s sake if you’re willing to dismiss that the show is set in the future where women may be allowed to serve on submarines?

6. Shhkllj says:

Good thing it’s set in the future, not “right now” then.

7. Melanie says:

So incredibly excited to hear Max Adler’s joined the cast too!!! Dare I hope his character is a regular? Just … wow. What great, great news. (Doesn’t hurt that Scott Speedman’s in it too.) This is definitely one I’ll be watching!

8. dlgr says:

soooo so thrilled to hear Max Adler from GLEE got picked up for this as well!! GIVE ALL THE WORK TO MAX! :D! So proud!!!!!!! \( ^∇^)/

9. Megan says:

Dichen Lachman is beautiful and being that women as of 2012 are allowed to serve on Submarines I would love to see a strong female character trying to find her way in a male dominated world. I hope she’s not just the love interest but a strong power gal.
    I’m very excited to hear that Max Adler joined the cast as well. I love him on Glee and I’ll follow his career anywhere. I can’t wait to see this pilot!

10. Reni says:

what an amazing cast!!! i love Scott Speedman and Autumn Reeser, but my biggest joy was to hear that Max adler will also be on the show!!! can´t wait!

11. Markella says:

The plot sounds great! Hope the pilot does well and I hope Max Adler sticks around!!!

12. Fluffhoof says:

I’m pretty excited for the Last Resort thanks to the fact that they got Max in it. Woo!