The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Monday

On TV this Monday: How I Met Your Mother hosts a heart-to-heart, Hart of Dixie meets the parents, PBS profiles President Clinton and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features, we’ve singled out nine programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm House (Fox) | House and his Ukrainian “wife” Dominika make a deal to convince Immigration that they are a happily married couple. Rena Sofer guest-stars. (See exclusive clip here, watch Ausiello and I discuss the series finale in the latest Spoiler Alert!)

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | When Robin breaks up with Kevin, Ted confesses his feelings to her; Barney embarks on a mission to find something private of Marshall and Lily’s. (View photos.)

Pretty Little Liars‘ Ian Harding Gives TVLine a Juicy ‘Ezria’ Update,
Teases That the ‘A’ Reveal Isn’t the Season Finale’s Biggest Shocker

9 pm Alcatraz (Fox) | Madsen and Hauser hunt down a former Alcatraz inmate who is out to poison innocent victims. Meanwhile, more details emerge about Madsen’s grandfather.

9 pm The Lying Game (ABC Family) | As Emma searches for evidence that can help Ethan’s case, she clashes with Ted and Kristin; Sutton, encouraged by their time together in hiding, has her own plans for Ethan.

9 pm Clinton: American Experience (PBS) | This two-parter (concluding Tuesday at 8 ) examines “a presidency that would define the crucial and transformative period between the fall of the Berlin Wall and 9/11.”

9 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | When Lavon’s parents (Ghostbusters‘ Ernie Hudson and One Life to Live‘s Valerie Pettiford) visit Bluebell, Lavon thinks it’s the perfect opportunity to introduce them to Didi — but things don’t go according to plan; Lemon and George make a big decision about their future.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Smash‘s Unlikely Troublemaker and More!

10 pm Castle (ABC) | Castle and Beckett, with CIA agent Sophie Turner (Jennifer Beals), race to find the “Linchpin” in order to stop the first domino in a chain of events that will plunge the United States into war. (Watch a video sneak peek.)

10 pm Lost Girl (Syfy) | Bo and Lauren’s search for the cure for a disease that’s killing Kenzi yields unexpected fruit.

10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | Five-0 investigates the murder of a man dressed as a Hawaiian NaKoa warrior found near the site of a historical war reenactment. Philadelphia Phillies outfielder/Hawaii native Shane “The Flyin’ Hawaiian” Victorino and Olympic speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno guest-star.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. kirads09 says:

Hawaii Five O
    Pawn Stars
    Lizard Lick Towing

2. Brandy says:

Lying game, pll, hart of dixie, gg, smash, 2 broke girls

3. Juan says:

PLL, lying game, castle, being human, lost girl, smash, and voice

4. Sally says:

I’m really looking forward to House. I like Dominika, and let’s face it, House pretending to be the nice husband can only end in a disaster, it’s going to be endlessly entertaining to watch!

5. kevin says:

The Voice & Hawaii Five-O. On Demand: Alcatraz.

6. monday says:

HIMYM, Alcatraz, Castle. Is Lost Girl worth checking out?

7. Nidine says:

Since i dislike this House plot with the russian wife, i´ll skip this one. OTOH can´t wait to see House´s mother back. I loved the actress in The Silence of the Lambs.

8. King says:

2 Broke Girls, Alcatraz, Hawaii Five-0 and Castle

9. Kate says:

I can’t wait for CASTLE!!!!!!!!

10. lexy says:

Hart of Dixie!!

11. Elizaa says:

Monday is a busy night. PLL, Hart of Dixie, Castle, Being Human and Lost Girl.
    And, Syfy, I want to say a big thank you for introducing me to Lost Girl. I’m enjoying this show. I now have a major girlcrush on Ksenia Solo and Anna Silk. And Kris Holden-Reid is muy caliente.

12. Karin says:

Alcatraz and Castle. I don’t like silly placeholders with predictable story lines, so House is on hold for me till April.

13. asfas says:

HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls, hart of Dixie and Smash!

14. Ellen says:

Mondaynight = Hart of Dixie night!! Love that show.

15. cher says:

HIMYM, HOD, Alcatraz and Castle!

16. Shane says:

Definitely skipping House. That green card wife was a cheap and vile plot the first time around. It really cheapens his character, and it certainly does nothing to improve the poor depiction and treatment of women on that show.
    Castle is a must see.

17. Nicky C says:

HIMYM, 2BG, GG, Smash, and Castle. Monday is such a busy tv night for me. Will catch up on The Voice, House, Alcatraz, HoD, PLL tomorrow.

18. l says:

2 broke girls
    Mike and Molly :)

19. Fernando says:

Pretty Little Liars, Hart of Dixie, Smash DVR Lying Game

20. Mari says:

PLL and Castle!

21. carol says:

Definitely skipping House, it has become must-not-watch TV for me since Cuddy left. The Green Card bride was among the worst storylines ever conceived in television history, an embarrassment to a previously fine show and an insult to all thinking adults.

• monday says:

Oh, take it easy. I believe for many ‘thinking adults’ House turned too a Seinfeld-esque experience, in the ‘Plan 9 from Outer Space’ sense. Train wrecks could be entertaining too, if you enjoy slapstick comedy.

22. jenna says:

I’m really disappointed. I thought HIMYM was doing phenomenal this past season with episodes such as Marshall’s dad dying, Barney developing real feelings for Nora and Robin deciding between Kevin and Barney. But for the last 2 episodes I’ve felt that the show is just going around in circles with little progression (although I will say that I’m curious about Becky Newton’s new character) and now with Ted and Robin being potentially ‘on again.’ We know they don’t end up together and it just feels so repetitive.

• Ari says:

I agree with you about Ted and Robin. The problem with Ted is he is so insufferable when he is in a relationship. I don’t want him dragging Robin down too, she has her own issues going on this year (her wardrobe! Ech). I’m hoping this revisit to 2007 leads Ted to go on a big push to actually find the mother. HIMYM is getting a little long in the tooth and probably won’t make it much further than what it is currently contracted for. Introduce the mother, last season should be dating and end with their engagement. Ted and Mother get engaged, final scene of HIMYM, the gang is at McClarens, Ted and Mother show up and announce their engagement. The end.

• Michelle says:

Agreed. Although I’m glad with the outcome of tonight’s episode, It still felt like a throw away episode for me. I feel as if the show is just at a stand still, even if Ted doesn’t meet the mother can’t he have a long term relationship?? The amount of random girls that have come and gone, he is looking more and more like barney!

23. Hannah says:

HIMYM, 2 broke girls, The lying game!

24. G says:

Pretty Little Liars, Lying Game, Hart of Dixie, Hawaii Five-Oh.
    I would also be watching HIMYM, but I will pick it up on DVD for my collection of all seasons, that and there is too much on Monday night for my DVR to catch it all.

25. A says:

CASTLE, pretty little liars, how i met your mother.

26. TMW says:

Where’s SMASH? Apparently there’s a kick-ass version of a certain Bruno Mars song on it tonight. No, not the one with “suck” in the title.

27. Grace says:

I’ll be watching [H]OUSE just like I have been for nearly 8 years now. LOVE IT and HUGH LAURIE is AMAZING!!

28. Jodi says:

Monday Night is a nightmare for me. I wish they would spread out the good shows a little more! My DVR is practically smoking…..

29. Domenica says:

SMASH all the way!!!

30. Memya says:

Being Human lost girl Alcatraz Smash bad girls club

31. Jake says:

The entire 8-10pm block on CBS, followed by some Smash. That’s it.

32. Jules says:

Well that’s easy…can turn my back on [H]ouse the only reason I enjoy Monday and never miss an episodes(even repeats) in 8 yrs…
    And at 8pm I be glue to my tv at FOX… And prefer watch Alcatraz after, against the crappy CBS comedy(predictable) lineup or the overodose of singing& boring host of the Voice

33. Justin says:

I’LL be watching Being Human, Lost Girl, House, Alcatraz, 2 Broke Girls, and Hawaii 5-0 tonight. I love Mondays!

34. Jen says:

Watching Hart of Dixie! One of the few good shows on the CW. Shame it is on the bubble. People need to watch it live and DVR something else. Those ratings need a little boost!

35. Sam says:

The Voice
    Dvr Smash

36. Joey says:

What was the ending song on tonights episode of “How I Met Your Mother”? 2/20/2012 episode was called “No Pressure”

37. Martina says:

Last night’s 2.5 men is the worst episode ever, this show used to be so funny :(

38. NPHfan says:

Hey ! My name is Victoria.I’m thirteen years old and I’m German.Episode 17 is a the end so sad . I have looked episode 17 before I was going to bed . When the episode was ending, I was sad . My parents didn’t understand my feelings. Everyday I say to my friends HIMYM and NPH are my live.:) I love HIMYM and I love NPH . Good night and bye.