The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Sunday

On TV this Sunday: We’re back to that “wayyy too much” stage, including a Simpsons milestone, the start of a new Race, the Downton Abbey season finale, Pan Am‘s final flight and more. Somehow, we boiled it all down to these 11 picks.

8 pm The Simpsons (Fox) | In the show’s 500th episode, the Simpsons are evicted from Springfield and join an off-the-grid community outside of town. D’oh!

8 pm The Amazing Race (CBS) | Season 20 premiere: The 11 teams — including a pair of married professional clowns — find themselves skydiving from a plane at 10,000 feet. (Check out the full cast.)

8 pm Once Upon a Time (ABC) | David finally agrees to tell Kathryn about his relationship with Mary Margaret, as runaway groom Prince Charming searches for Snow White. (View photos here.)

Spoiler Alert! Video: Michael Urie and Yvette Nicole Brown Do a Scene from Downton Abbey‘s Finale

9 pm Downton Abbey (PBS) | Season finale: Neither the Granthams nor the servants can enjoy the Christmas season’s merriment when they are forced to turn against one of their own; Thomas and O’Brien are up to old tricks; Daisy tries to make sense of her future as Anna holds tight to endure the present; Richard’s brutish behavior forces Mary to choose between two kinds of ruin.

9 pm The Good Wife (CBS) | You almost don’t need to know about the big case (though it’s a damn good one) — just be advised that Jonathan Groff (Glee), Denis O’Hare, Rita Wilson, Amy Sedaris and Parker Posey all guest-star tonight.

9 pm The Walking Dead (AMC) | Rick, Hershel and Glenn fight to survive against new foes (both dead and alive); Shane, after finding Lori in danger on the road, makes it his mission to bring her back to the farm.

9 pm Shameless (Showtime) | Jasmine invites Fiona on David’s boat for one last summer blowout — neglecting to mention that she also invited Steve and Estefania; Karen snaps and kicks Jody out; Lip and Ian come to blows.

10 pm Eastbound & Down (HBO) | Season 3 premiere: Kenny enjoys a new lease on his baseball career as the closer for the minor-league Myrtle Beach Mermen.

10 pm House of Lies (Showtime) | With Marty accepting a monogamy challenge from April, Jeannie is put in the position (so to speak) of having to “satisfy” a female client.

10 pm Pan Am (ABC) | Season finale: As 1964 arrives, Ted becomes increasingly nervous about his wedding plans; Kate wrestles with suspicions about those around her; Laura receives a startling offer; Maggie is placed is a perilous position.

10:30 pm Life’s Too Short (HBO) | Premiere: A faux documentary series starring diminutive actor Warwick Davis as a conniving fictionalized version of himself. Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant costar.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. kevin says:

Too bad I have to skip The Simpsons’ 500th episode but I’m excited to watch Season 20 of The Amazing Race as well as Pan Am which may end up as a “series finale”.

2. kirads09 says:

Once Upon A Time
    Celebrity Apprentice – only due to Clay Aiken. Watching until he wins or is fired. My money is on him to win.

3. T.t says:

Amazing race followed by good wife while i TiVo shameless and walking dead

4. jw says:

Come on, the Simpsons are ever a first choice anymore, let alone “worth watching”.

5. Danielle H says:

Pan AM :( Pity they didn’t at least try to advertise the last half to give this a chance!!

6. Isabel says:

Finally, a new episode of THE GOOD WIFE!

7. Emma says:

Once Upon a Time-day is always a good day (and suddenly Sunday is my favorite day of the week) :-)

8. fotreya says:

ONCE UPON A TIME, of course

9. rebecca says:

Shameless!!!!!! This show is so wrong.. but I can’t stop watching.

10. Josh says:

DVRing Once upon a time and Family Guy Flipping between Simpsons and Amazing Race!

11. Holly pelkey says:

I am waiting to watch house … With Hugh Laurie and the rest of the cast. But in the mean while I might watch a lil Simpson ? That’s a maybe, but I need my Monday show..

12. Elizabeth says:

I’ll be DVR’ing Once Upon a Time and The Good Wife while I’m mourning the end of Downton Abbey in real time.

13. K says:

Amm hello?? Eastbound and Down premiere tonight!! How could you leave that off????

14. PAN AM – This is a must for me as I flew as a purser for Pan Am from 1962-1964. It was a wonderful time for exploring the world. We (the Pan AM family) have so many exciting stories to tell. We just hope for Season 2!

15. Ells says:

ONCE UPON A TIME immediately followed by DOWNTON ABBEY live. Grateful for Showtime East to DVR SHAMELESS and HOUSE OF LIES earlier.

16. mdaily says:

Downton Abbey
    The Good Wife
    too much good TV, not enough hours in a day or enough eyeballs to watch it all at the same time, though I wish I could!

17. juan says:

Well sad that DH isn’t on the list, but that plus OUAT, and the series finale of Pan Am

18. Templar says:

Bittersweet because it’s Downton’s season finale, but really looking forward to OUAT And DA.

19. fernando says:

I will be watching my ABC line up. Once Upon A Time, Desperate Housewives, and Pan Am season finale, ABC dont be a fool and give it a second chance, look at Happy Endings, you need to give time for a show to grow and I think a new night for Pan Am will do it, Tuesday night at 10/9pm I think it can do good behind DWTS result shows and give Body of Proof a season 3 but move it to Sunday nights or Pan AM on Thursday at 8/7 before Grey’s and if no room for it in the fall make it a summer show and pair it with Rookie Blue.

20. Nina says:

I will be mad if ABC does not renew Pan Am. They have let go of so many good shows just as Eastwick, Dirty Sexy Money, Life on Mars, and so many others without giving it a season 2 and seeing how it could improve.

21. Jay says:

Tonight’s Downton is the best of the series. I’m so excited for you who haven’t seen it yet.

22. Jules says:

Well that’s easy!
    Be watching A fantastic repeat of Bob’s Burger while waiting for the 500 Epi of
    the Simpsons..and after its Walking the dead

23. Lauren K says:

I’m so freaking sad that Downton is ending tonight. I love that show like the raisins in my Raisin Bran. I’m also addicted to OUAT and I’m a little sad for Pan Am. I think that show could have been great if they had just found an identity. I hope ABC gives it another chance.

24. Hannah says:

LOL that you list eleven shows, including the dead Pan Am, yet ignore DH.

25. pat says:

26. Sara says:

I think making it a summer show and pairing it with rookie blue is a great idea. Rookie blue is my favorite summer show along with the glades on a&e. That would be a perfect summer line up for me :)

27. jenny says:

thanks to tvline i got hook on downton abbey…..

28. maggie says:

I watched Once Upon A Time followed by Downton Abbey. So sad that DA is over for the year.

29. Julie says:

Congrats to the Simpsons on their 500th episode! I’m so sorry I had to miss it for Once Upon a Time though but it was worth it ;)
    Can’t believe it’s been 500 episodes already! Crazy!!!

30. G says:

Not a night for me anymore, but will watch Amazing Race, CSI Miami, and DVR Desperate Housewives. I will catch Family Guy later online or Hulu.