Fringe Exclusive: Lost's Henry Ian Cusick Cast as [Spoiler] – But in Which Universe?

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Henry Ian Cusick FringeLost reunion alert: Former island dweller Henry Ian Cusick is headed to Fringe this spring, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Cusick will play an FBI agent assigned to a Fringe case in this season’s 19th episode. It’s unclear if this is the same role we told you about earlier this week, that of an “Alternate Universe Agent” that possesses strength and confidence as well as strong comic timing. Safe to say it is (except, as we know, the FBI doesn’t exist “over there.” Or at least it didn’t before Peter vanished. OK, now we’re all confused.)

The gig reteams Cusick with his former Lost boss (and Fringe EP) J.J. Abrams, hence the “reunion” we touted above.

Cusick recently wrapped production on the first season of ABC’s new Shonda Rhimes-produced drama Scandal, which premieres on April 5 after Grey’s Anatomy.

Fringe airs Fridays at 9/8c on Fox (new episode tonight!).

Comments (32)

• I think you meant It premieres April 5th

Comment by Henry – February 10, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know, in this alternate “alternate universe” he could easily be son of Peter and Liv. Or not. Just thought.

Comment by Liz – February 10, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m guessing it’s or not, since he doesn’t look like either, I mean their kid will at least have blue eyes, haha.

Comment by Josh – February 10, 2012 11:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know, in this alternate “alternate universe” there was no Peter and Olivia and no son for them to have had…

Comment by Bec – February 11, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic!!! I love Henry Ian Cusack! High time he returned to the screen.

Comment by alex – February 10, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great actor, great news! The guest stars on Fringe, almost always leave their mark, and with Cusick, certainly no different.

Comment by Zepp – February 10, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news! I love him!

Comment by Jake – February 10, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news, brutha!

Comment by Mary – February 10, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice! “see you in another UNIVERSE brutha!”

Comment by John – February 10, 2012 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love.

Comment by Eliz – February 10, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so the man who was unstuck from time and space until he found his constant (in the Lost World) now appears in a time and space with multiple universes (Fringe). Seems a perfect fit.

Comment by forrest – February 10, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hilarious! Can’t wait to see Desmond on Fringe!

Comment by Amy – February 11, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t forget Lance Reddick was also on Lost.

Comment by carolyn – February 10, 2012 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jorge Garcia was also in Fringe for one very short scene.

Comment by austen. – February 10, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it. Fringe can do anything, and I will still love it.

Comment by Emily – February 11, 2012 01:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I can say is Y-E-S!! I love Fringe and this is just icing on the cake. Can’t wait!

Comment by kirads09 – February 11, 2012 03:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Desmond!

Comment by Lance25 – February 11, 2012 03:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they are also looking for a female agent for this ep…..Rebecca Mader please and thanks

Comment by troy – February 11, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For the female agent my vote is for Annie Wersching. So loved her as Renee on 24.

Comment by kirads09 – February 11, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Very good, this choice, kirads09. But I would vote for the FBI agent, actress Meghan Markle, who staged so outstanding, the character Amy Jessup, as an FBI agent at the beginning of the second season of Fringe.

Comment by Zepp – February 11, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe ratings are really bad. I don’t see it being renewed.

Comment by WKD2 – February 11, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. The writing has been all over the place, probably due to the constant threat of being dropped. Loved it at the start, all the talk about ‘the pattern’, the early shape shifters. Now it’s just a tangled mess, lost all attachment to the characters.

Comment by Martin – February 12, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is exactly the reason the ratings are low. The writers hope for a certain degree of intelligence from the viewing public. Like, oh you know, like actually paying attention and using your brain a bit. There are just too many simple minded people with Neilson boxes tuned to “Survivor”, “Fear Factor” or the “The Bachelor”. Maybe a better comparison…most of the American public would rather read a comic book than invest time into a novel.

Comment by JC14 – February 13, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • since I’m steeling myself for the possible non-renewal – I bought all three prior seasons so I can watch them over and over — it really does take brains to follow the story line

Comment by Mimi – February 15, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELP ME! Just got finished watching Season 1-3 on dvd. Need to find where I can watch the first 7 episodes of this Season (4). 7-CURRENT is on Hulu. I started dvr’ing it 2 weeks ago. I am hooked and don’t want to wait.

Comment by Denise – February 11, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe nobody is discussing what they think the “weird” episode is going to be considering the nineteenth episode is now always a “weird” episode. I have no idea…I was thinking – not seriously – they would use Muppets but that would be dumb.

Comment by StarvingSound – February 12, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS SAGA IS DIVING ME CAZY OF EXCITMENT. WOW!

Comment by Achiles – February 12, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh. What if he’s the guy from the last nineteenth episode that’s supposed to kill Olive?

Comment by StarvingSound – February 12, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • !!!

Comment by Skye – February 12, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey J. J we want Lost back!!

Comment by Johann – February 12, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know, the ratings would not be so bad were it back on a decent night – most shows moved into a Friday night slot are doomed.
    I really hope we get another season if not more. I love this show.

Comment by Fringe fan forever – February 15, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post