House to Conclude Eight-Year Run in May

Get More: Cancellations, News

House Ending May 2012It’s official: House is checking out.
Calling it a creative decision made by the show’s producers, Fox announced Wednesday that the Hugh Laurie-fronted medical drama will conclude its eight-year run in May.
The early announcement ensures that series creator David Shore will get his wish to give the show a fitting farewell. “I want to do [the ending] right,” he told TVLine over the summer.

House Swan Song Scoop: 3 Things You Need to Know About The Series Finale (and Beyond)

Below is a joint statement from Laurie, Shore and fellow exec producer Katie Jacobs:

After much deliberation, the producers of House M.D. have decided that this season of the show, the 8th, should be the last. By April this year they will have completed 177 episodes, which is about 175 more than anyone expected back in 2004.
The decision to end the show now, or ever, is a painful one, as it risks putting asunder hundreds of close friendships that have developed over the last eight years – but also because the show itself has been a source of great pride to everyone involved.
Since it began, House has aspired to offer a coherent and satisfying world in which everlasting human questions of ethics and emotion, logic and truth, could be examined, played out, and occasionally answered. This sounds like fancy talk, but it really isn’t. House has, in its time, intrigued audiences around the world in vast numbers, and has shown that there is a strong appetite for television drama that relies on more than prettiness or gun play.
But now that time is drawing to a close.  The producers have always imagined House as an enigmatic creature;  he should never be the last one to leave the party.  How much better to disappear before the music stops, while there is still some promise and mystique in the air.
The producers can never sufficiently express their gratitude to the hundreds of dedicated artists and technicians who have given so generously of their energy and talent to make House the show it has been – and perhaps will continue to be for some time, on one cable network or another.
The makers of House would also like to thank Fox Broadcasting and Universal Television for supporting the show with patience, imagination and large quantities of good taste.  The Studio-As-Evil-Adversary is one of the many clichés that House has managed to avoid, and for that the cast and crew are deeply grateful.
Lastly, the audience:  some have come and some have gone, obviously. This is to be expected in the life of any show. But over the course of the last eight years, the producers of House have felt immensely honored to be the subject of such close attention by an intelligent, discriminating, humane and thoughtful – not to mention numerous – audience.  Even the show’s detractors have been flattering in their way.  Making the show has felt like a lively and passionate discussion about as many different subjects as could possibly be raised in 177 hours.  The devotion and generosity of our viewers has been marvelous to behold.
So, finally, everyone at House will bid farewell to the audience and to each other with more than a few tears, but also with a deep feeling of gratitude for the grand adventure they have been privileged to enjoy for the last eight years.  If the show lives on somewhere, with somebody, as a fond memory, then that is a precious feat, of which we will always be proud.
Everybody Lies.

Here’s Fox president Kevin Reilly’s statement:

While it’s with much regret, and a lump in our throats, we respect the decision Hugh, David and Katie have made. A true original, on the page and amazingly brought to life by Hugh Laurie, there is only one Dr. House. For eight seasons, the entire House team has given us – and fans around the world – some of the most compelling characters and affecting stories ever seen on television. They have been creatively tenacious and collaborative throughout this incredible run, and they are amongst the most superior talents in the business. For all the above, we wholeheartedly thank them, and the fans who have supported the show.

Cast members present and past were quick to comment on the news via Twitter, with Jesse Spencer saying a simple, “Fare thee well, House,” and Olivia Wilde calling it “the end of an era. Shows like that don’t happen, well, ever. I’m honored to have been a part of such a brilliant story.” (Will Wilde return as Thirteen? Read our follow-up story here.)
TVLine’s Renewal/Cancellation Cheat Sheet has been updated to reflect House‘s passing.
Hit the comments with your eulogies as well as an answer to this question: Which House alum do you most want to see return before Princeton-Plainsboro closes its doors for good?

Comments (310)

• thank god.

Comment by Mike – February 8, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes, Yes, YES. Best news of the season! So elated I could walk on air. :)
      Congratulations on officially running the show into the ground, David Shore. You and your lapdog (government name: Greg Yaitanes) should be proud.

Comment by Saint Alicia – February 8, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Question: How was it hurting you that it was still on the air?
      Plenty of people are still watching and enjoying it, and you can very easily not watch it…

Comment by Brendan – February 8, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m with you.I watched House for seven seasons.This last season,I only watched about 5 episodes yet it never crossed my mind to start a Get House Cancelled campaign.I simply stopped watching.How hard can it possibly be to simply not watch instead of spending your time reading articles about the show or watching it just so you can criticize it? Without a doubt, House was an amazing show, high quality actors,story-lines,drama and everything else you can think of.I for one am grateful that I had the opportunity to watch such a show.Farewell House :)

Comment by Roxane – February 9, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • because they’re complete idiots, there’s no way they could’ve understood the show.

Comment by Sofia – May 21, 2012 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alum I’d most likely to see back: DORIS EGAN
      She knows how to write House, House/Wilson, and a decent patient story too.

Comment by Dee – February 8, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed – finally. The show bottomed out at the end of the third season. With all the interesting new pilots, I’d prefer to see them have a better chance (or, heck, give Terra Nova another 13 episodes).

Comment by Tarc – February 8, 2012 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’d like to see Terra Nove return as well.

Comment by Lisa – May 22, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • House is an abusive bully and a jerk. What started out with quirky became the total focus of the show. He was just so mean and so far out of line that I stopped watching. I got the diagnosis a couple of times before he did and a.) I didn’t almost kill anyone in the process b). I didn’t bully or verbally abuse anyone.

Comment by cfmmusicscene – May 14, 2012 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • competing with a character, eh? Your mother must be very proud! idiot!

Comment by Sofia – May 21, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I actually liked his humor. Although it did get edgy at points. The only bad part was when house and cudi started to get together.

Comment by Adam – May 22, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad face

Comment by Jade – February 8, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I jumped into this season randomly. I don’t like Charylene Yi on House. She is just not the right fit. If you asked me from the few episodes I’ve seen this season if House should be cancelled, I would’ve said yes. Watching last Monday’s, I would say no. That was a refreshing, and probably one of their best episodes to date.

Comment by Esaul – February 8, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oops. I hadn’t meant to put my comment there. xD

Comment by Esaul – February 8, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A year to two too late, but better late than never…
    …and better to realize it than beat a dead horse (*cough*greysanatomy*cough)

Comment by Sparky – February 8, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grey’s Anatomy has actually one of its best seasons now. I’d give it at least 2 more seasons.

Comment by Goku – February 8, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’d only give it as many seasons as Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo are willing to give it… any season without one or both of them is one too many.

Comment by Ben – February 8, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally agree about Ellen Pompeo. She’s the heart of the show. And true, Grey’s is having a great season right now, makes me want it to continue for another one.

Comment by AnnClau – February 8, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • five years to two too late

Comment by sara – February 8, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • whats up with the whole to two too late ?
        if you don´t know which word to use thats sad
        and it doesn´t have a point to use all three
        (i know they all sound alike)
        same goes for @Sparky (or are you the same person)

Comment by lalez – February 8, 2012 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, Olivia Wilde. Your move.

Comment by Snapy – February 8, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Preferably to Haiti. The last thing the finale needs is another 13 fest.

Comment by SooverOW – February 9, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t say I’m surprised. But wishing all the cast and crew best luck for the future!

Comment by carlie – February 8, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope to see most of the cast again; but it’s time to say goodbye.

Comment by Anna – February 8, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So shall I begin the ‘GET LISA EDELSTEIN BACK FOR THE FINALE’ chant?
    All kidding aside though, 8 years is a great run.

Comment by Kristen – February 8, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes, we should. it’s only fitting they bring cuddy back for the last bit!

Comment by Mandy – February 8, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only logical way to give fans closure is to bring Cuddy back, romance or not.

Comment by hope you read this, tptb – February 8, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • maybe she will come back for wilsons funeral

Comment by littlewitch – May 16, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes please bring Cuddy / Lisa Edelstein back for the finale. Cuddy is missed and the story between House and Cuddy deserves some proper closure after 8 years.
      I’m sorry to hear this news but based on this season I think this is the right time to end the series. Thanks to Hugh Laurie and the cast (especially LE and RSL and JS) for all he stellar performances over the years.
      Hey could they also bring Doris Egan back to co-write the finale with David Shore? That would be something!

Comment by Bel – February 8, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yes J’d like to see Cuddy back for an happy ending..after years of sorrows and pain!! Let love win!!!

Comment by lisa fan – February 9, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I want to see her again.

Comment by tvfan – February 9, 2012 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • me too! bring Lisa E back!!

Comment by lipsticksocialism – February 9, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Apologies to all the House fans, but this news makes me giddy because it gives me more hope for Fringe.

Comment by Rebecca Parker – February 8, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one. If, and that’s a big if, Fringe gets one more season, it will be its last.
      As much as I enjoy House, it really is time for it to go.

Comment by Todd – February 8, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thats the same thing I was thinking too!! I have watched House from the beginning and have never missed and episode so I am sad to hear that it will be over. I think they should move Fringe to House’s timeslot to get it off of Friday’s and I think it will have many more seasons!

Comment by Angie – February 8, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fringe and Alcatraz back to back on Mondays would be awesome but highly unlikely. I’m just hoping that Fringe gets a final 5th season to wrap the show up well, even if it is on Fridays. Fringe is easily the best show on TV right now.

Comment by Nicole – February 8, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love that you apologized first to those of us who are House fans, rather than just attacking the show. Good luck on a Fringe renewal.

Comment by CAM – February 8, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh I so hope that Fringe is given a final season…if it gets a final 13 episodes and ends on 100, that would be perfect.

Comment by Alex – February 8, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i actually think if they renew it they are going to make it exactly 13 episodes because of syndication. That brings in a lot of money just look up which shows air in reruns all the time.

Comment by lalez – February 8, 2012 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with this sentiment, and would add that I’m very glad House is ending on its own terms. It means that to me, I will never consider it to have been cancelled (even if it would have been this year). To me there is a huge difference between ending on your own terms and getting the can.

Comment by Ben – February 8, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree.

Comment by majamababe – February 8, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • News Flash: House WAS cancelled. Do you really think David Shore wanted to pull the plug on his money machine? No way, dude. FOX put this turkey out of its misery. Shore and his playmates are just trying to put a dignified face on it. But this show definitely is NOT going out on top.

Comment by Oh, Grow Up – February 8, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I doubt that House was summarily canceled.
          This has more to do with Hugh Laurie wanting to opt out.

Now if you want to get into reasons why Laurie wants out, then you might have a reasonable argument that he does not like:
          a) The way the story line has played out

b) How the character of House himself has evolved from a troubled but likeable rogue or even crusader (of sorts) into:
          c) An unsympathetic, bitter asswipe of his own making
          It has been reported that Laurie wants to pursue some musical opportunities – maybe along the lines of what John Tesh has done.
          If so, good for him.
          Except for the most star struck fans, however, there can be no doubt that the story line of the past year (season 7) hastened the demise of this show.

Comment by J. Norman – February 9, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • We have no reason to believe that any of that is true. If anything, the man is tired of the 12 hour primetime days he’s been doing for eight years. But, it has been cited as a ‘creative decision,’ most likely to prevent the show from being run into the ground, and we can’t assume that Laurie had anything to do with it.
            In any case, he probably doesn’t really care about the story line (or at least not enough to resign in protest).

Comment by Kat – February 17, 2012 02:16 PM PDT
        • Every show is cancelled. I think you missed my point entirely.

Comment by Ben – February 9, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I hardly think so. It’s still their most watched show, and FOX certainly doesn’t care about the quality if it’s the ‘money machine’ you say it is. Shore does care about the creative aspects, though, and it’s easily imaginable that he wanted it to go out on his terms, so that it wasn’t simply ended. They’ve long been hinting that season eight was going to be the last.

Comment by Kat – February 17, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t want to be the one to say it, but… yeah! Now we need Alcatraz to get canned, and anything else they’re willing to toss would be great too. Fox isn’t really swimming in hour-longs that I love, so I won’t be picky.

Comment by Drew – February 8, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing! One show less to compete for Fringe. I need one more, just one more season of Fringe. A pairing of Alcatraz and Fringe won’t be happening. EVER.
      As much as I loved House, I stopped watching halfway through last season. Still, I have immense respect for the amazing Hugh Laurie and the cast. I hope they bring back Jennifer Morrison (OUAT), who was the one who made me watch House in the first place.

Comment by GK – February 8, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s absolutely the right call. Little bit sad even though I’ve been everything from disgusted to offended with it over the past few months, but this is much better than letting it limp on into a 9th season.

Comment by Dani – February 8, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 requests.
    1. it ends playing you can’t always get what you want.
    2. all the ladies: edelstein, wilde, and morrison return for the finale/funeral (i mean lets be real, that is how it’s going to end) no matter how improbable that is. with all of their projects they have going on. but i can hope can’t i?

Comment by dz8 – February 8, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely agree

Comment by Abby – February 8, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree.

Comment by Gabrielle – February 8, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes to both requests. I’ve never been so obsessed with a television show. And even if it should have ended a couple of years ago, it’s been a fine run and I’ve enjoyed it tremendously. Thanks for some great entertainment and fine writing and performances.

Comment by Cantare – February 8, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Right call. I will miss Hugh Laurie terribly, though.

Comment by katie – February 8, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :((((((((((((((
    Best medical show there ever was.

Comment by nonabgo – February 8, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ER was much better

Comment by ML – February 8, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I want what your smoking.

Comment by Idamandan – April 3, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its kinda sad but it was about time.

Comment by Amy – February 8, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First thought: More hope for Fringe!

Comment by Alex – February 8, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so upset, best show ever. I just can’t imagine TV without House. Hugh Laurie is the most talented actor around!

Comment by Kate – February 8, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and i am BEYOND irritated that he’s yet to win the dang Emmy for this role. seriously, premium cable ain’t all that great.

Comment by rachel – February 8, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree I could just cry that it’s going to be over!!! I can’t believe all the bad things I have read on here if you actually hate the show you wouldn’t google something about the show being cancelled and end up on this site and comment you just wouldn’t watch anymore!!!!

Comment by Amy – May 15, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :-(
    Even though there’s a lot of haters on here, I still loved the show and I’m sad to see it go. There’s less and less shows on the air I actually like these days, so it’s never good when another one bites the dust.

Comment by Kasper – February 8, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very true, that show is still to this day better than 90% of what there is on TV today (especially broadcast network TV), so it will be definitely difficult to say goodbye to such a brilliant show.

Comment by ck – February 8, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree. All shows do have a shelf-life, and I suppose it’s good that it’s going to end before it ever becomes as bad as all the internet trolls say it is now, but I really thought (still think, really) that it had a ninth season in it. Either way, it’s been a great run, I’m grateful for every last episode we got.

Comment by Brendan – February 8, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Very well said. Couldn’t agree more. Will miss it terribly, but all good things must come to an end.

Comment by tripoli – February 9, 2012 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you ask me, House jumped the shark when he had to pick new doctors, re: reality series. And that was several yrs. ago. I predicted the end back then, surprised the show lasted longer than that.

Comment by Ltb3105 – February 8, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bye House. I´ll miss doctor Cuddy much more than I´ll miss you but it was good while it lasted. I hope Lisa Edelstein can be back for the last episodes.

Comment by MMM – February 8, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, Hugh Laurie should be thanking his lucky stars! He didn’t think the show would last past the 1st season, and look….he’s a megastar!

Comment by Ltb3105 – February 8, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hugh Laurie is a megastar because his work on “House” has shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a brilliant actor!

Comment by AreKay – February 8, 2012 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sad to see House go, but I’m happy it is now. Season 8 has been mostly great, and fixed a show that, at times, was in trouble in Season 7. That said, Hugh Laurie’s contract was up this year. It was almost certain House would end now, if the ratings kept it alive till now. This expiration date has been clearly visible for 4 years.

Comment by Benjamin – February 8, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news. It should’ve ended two years ago. I hope Lisa Edelstein, Jennifer Morrison and Sela Ward will return

Comment by nikki – February 8, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love House, and have watched it through the good times (“Three Stories”) and bad (anything with “Huddy”). I will miss the show and the good doctor’s cranky genius…but I also think it may be a good time for retirement. That being said I will sincerely miss Hugh Laurie on my tv on a regular basis!

Comment by Linda – February 8, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they weren’t so arrogant handling the last season’s finale fiasco, they could have easily pulled off another season. Many viewers left because of their obnoxious attitude rather than casting changes. Great lesson to future TPTB.

Comment by RIP – February 8, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You have no idea why “many viewers left.”

Comment by luminous – February 8, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And you are, apparently, illuminated? I didn’t say “all of them”. I have access to the relevant media poll data due to my job. Lots of people indeed left because of the finale.

Comment by RIP – February 8, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • akshuly my uncle works @ fawks media and he says otherwaise!!11!one!

Judging from the responses on this site, the reasons vary widely. Personally, I started losing interest when it became more about the characters than the cases. Season 7′s “Huddy” IMO was when the show officially jumped the shark, though many seem to feel it did long before that.

Shame to see it go, really. This was one of the few shows I actually watched. Here’s hoping for a great finale! :)

Comment by Donovan – May 11, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Preach. Though it was sad Cuddy left, I was willing House into cancellation based on DS/GY’s behavior ALONE.
      Guess spitting in viewers’ wasn’t such a good idea…

Comment by Saint Alicia – February 8, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Loved Huddy and since their break up, plus with Cameron and Thirteen gone, it just feels dead. Should have ended last season to be honest

Comment by Nicole Vinuya (@_jkv97) – April 10, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Many viewers left” for many different reasons that we can’t know about. I stopped watching because of the time changes

Comment by AnnClau – February 8, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I stopped watching last season because of huddy. This is such sad news. I was enjoying the show again this season.
        Mostly i will miss watching Hugh Laurie every week. He is the reason the show is successful, despite the opinions of other “fans” who often post here.

Comment by Ava L – February 8, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’ve been abused and battered by my ex husband. For people like me that finale, and especially its justification by the producers, was another punch in the face. And that’s what I will remember of House MD.

Comment by --- – February 8, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m so sorry about your husband. How are you doing now?

Comment by robert ariadne – February 9, 2012 07:25 AM PDT
      • I left then too. The car crash, the way they handled the fallout, etc. is why I stopped watching. Didn’t help that they lost Cuddy. Show hasn’t been the same without her, but the crash and everything after is what killed it for me.

Comment by Lia – February 9, 2012 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And now, here is Jules with an incoherent rant that is written in poor English about how Fox doesn’t support their older shows.

Comment by Sg.Grant – February 8, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sad to see the show end in May. However it is no surprise. I just can’t understand why this announcement wasn’t made in September instead of now. It was public knowledge that Hugh Laurie and David Shores contracts were up at the end of Season 8 and that they didn’t really want to continue. House MD is still the best show in TV and one of the few shows I like. I wish Hugh Laurie happeness in the future. I have watched his shows long before House came along.

Comment by Txhlfan – February 8, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope for a satisfying ending to the series. Great run.

Comment by Sally – February 8, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rest in peace, House. You will be missed. :(

Comment by Emgee – February 8, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are a complete idiot who should stick to cartoon watching – House was brilliant – I watched all 8 seasons and enjoyed them all – House is gone – Long live House…….The eponymous star was brilliant and insured good earnings for the cast – 8 seasons proves my case…..

Comment by Mike Lexis – May 23, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Series finales define a show, and having it be planned gives me hope. Here’s to a Six Feet Under-caliber farewell.

Comment by Emily – February 8, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huh? I’m sorry? I thought House ended two years ago, with the episode ‘Help Me.’

Comment by mara – February 8, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to this.

Comment by Sneaky Microbe – February 8, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Amen to this.

Comment by luminous – February 8, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been a pretty big House fan. Have watched past seasons of it on DVD multiple times, and when the show was in it’s stride, I think it was one of the best shows on TV. I think Season 6 was the last really great season of House. Although there are parts of Season 7 that I liked a lot, and I am a fan of the Huddy relationship, I hated how the season ended and I think the show has been going downhill since then. I do not think that House can regain it’s formal glory and because of that, I think the producers have made the right decision and it is time for the show to end. Like other people here, I really hope that Lisa Edelstein will come back for the finale. The show has not been the same without her. I would also like it if Olivia Wilde and Jennifer Morrison came back, but I am not sure if they will, where as I heard one of the House producers say in an interview that he would be interested in having Edelstein come back for the finale if this is the show’s last season and would try and make it happen. I am crossing my fingers for that.

Comment by Roxie – February 8, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to miss House!
    I’d love to see Jennifer Morrison in the finale.

Comment by Paula – February 8, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sad news :(

Comment by adambramble – February 8, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As with all Fox shows.. we should start talking about the House Movie right?

Comment by TC – February 8, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want Lisa Edelstein to return. But honestly I want CAMERON to return most of all.

Comment by mara – February 8, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want Cameron back too…i think the show became unwatchable at the time she left. Bring her back with a better GoodBye!

Comment by afk – February 8, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Cuddy is back for the last one!

Comment by Daniel Fugate – February 8, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LISA VUELVE

Comment by kel – February 8, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news of the month!
    Finally, they’re putting out this show out of its misery.
    That presse release makes me laugh honestly. So full of BS!

Comment by eli – February 8, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been an avid fan since the very beginning. When it began, my son, a medical student, told me that a lot of his professors watched the show and said it was the most accurate one, medically, they had ever seen and recommended their students to watch! I think that was a great thumbs up! I will be sad to see it go and will always wonder where Greg House will go… he couldn’t be fiction, just couldn’t be!

Comment by Harolene Leguizamon – February 8, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not as accurate as early ER, but the first two or three seasons were pretty decent. And after that you could still play guess-the-diagnosis based on the writing instead of the patient, which was also fun!

Comment by Elke – February 8, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Lisa Edelstein!!!!!
    We want CUDDY!

Comment by xelus – February 8, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see Cameron come back to help Chase. Thumbs up to the cast and writers of the show. House is a true original.

Comment by CAM – February 8, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Lisa Edelstein back!!!!!!

Comment by norhu – February 8, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Lisa Cuddy back to the season finale.

Comment by Christie – February 8, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We all saw this coming.. The show signed his death sentence when TPTB let Lisa Edelstein go.

Comment by John – February 8, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it sounds like a smart choice. They’ve made the decision way in advance so they have time to write a proper ending. I haven’t been watching anymore, but I’ll happily tune in to the last episode. Personally, I would love to see the whole original cast and team together. I especially hope Cameron returns.

Comment by AT – February 8, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally need Cutner back before the finale. I mean, we never did see his body, was it really him?

Comment by moventura – February 8, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Lisa Edelstein for a proper closure.

Comment by ! – February 8, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stopped watching the show during the sixth season, will make sure to see the finale though. I really hope to see Cuddy and Thirteen again, but mostly would love to see Cameron come back!

Comment by maya – February 8, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is very dear to my heart, and I will miss it very much! But, it is right for them to cancel it.

Comment by Babybop – February 8, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While the show is clearly not what it used to be, but I always remained a loyal fan. I know the writing has withered (although this past episode was fantastic) but no one can deny that the HOUSE writers created a fantastic show with a character that was like no other in tv history. He was compelling and complex, and they managed to keep his personality just as witty and complicated for eight years. It is really a true testament to the greatness and complexity of this character when a cliffhanger becomes when he says, “I was wrong. I’m sorry.”
    I can’t say I was shocked by this, but I was hoping for one more half-season. HOUSE will always have a special place in my heart and in the history of American television.

Comment by Sam – February 8, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love your comment about “I was wrong. I’m sorry.”

Comment by luminous – February 8, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love for Cuddy and Cameron to return. It would be awesome to get the old gang back together one last time.
    As for the show itself, I’m heartbroken. It’s very sad House was cancelled. It was such a great such and it will be remembered as an icon.

Comment by Jane – February 8, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As far as I know Lisa Edelstein isn’t doing anything right now.
    Dear David Shore,
    I don’t care what you, FOX, or Universal have to do, you need to write Cuddy into the series finale. Pay her whatever she wants.

Comment by Don J – February 8, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post