American Idol: Top 10 Auditions of Season 11

“We’re going to Hollywood!” Or at least that’s our destination this week on American Idol. But before we get caught up in the sleepless nights and tearful collapses of the callback rounds, let’s review the 10 Best Auditions we’ve witnessed over the past three weeks. Check out our countdown, then post your own rankings in the comments section.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Collette says:

My favorite isn’t on here. It was Ashley Robles. She must have fallen apart during Hollywood week, but she seemed to have it all at her audition.

• darcy's evil twin says:

I really liked Ashley Robles as well. I also liked Kristine Osario (the tattooed chick that tried out in Houston) better than Bailee Brown – Kristine’s voice was far more interesting and blew me away. I also liked Jairon Jackson (Aspen – he sang an original song and had kind of a Bruno Mars/MJ vibe) and Haley Smith (Aspen – despite the fact she is a vegetarian). There was also a guy that tried out in Aspen named Devan Jones that I liked.
      And I loved Lauren Gray from St. Louis.

• darcy's evil twin says:

I wasn’t real wild about Hallie Day from the Pittsburgh auditions but I did like Samantha Novacek (the girl with the planking sister).

2. Lo says:

No Gabi Carrubba, Kyle Cruz, or Shannon Magrane? Blasphemy!

3. Marko says:

Baylie definitely deserves no 1

4. Tay says:

Johnny, Brittany, Heejun, The Dixons, Phillip, and the most gorgous Baylie are my favorites. Along with Jane Carrey.

5. winnie says:

I hope it gets better for me because I sure am not into it this season so far. I was excited for Colton as much as they almost “MADE” him or “LURED” him into auditioning when he didn’t want to and then break his heart by sending him home on hollywood week again. I am not feeling you American Idol. I am more excited for the contestants of The Voice. Sorry.

6. Ben says:

Rooting for Heejun all the way.

7. Linda says:

Johnny is good. The brother and sister? Meh. Heejun? Not bad, but his voice sounds kind of odd a lot of the time. I like Brittany.

8. Ryan says:

A few of these were solid, but:
    1) What is up with your Ashlee Altise obsession? She’s clearly going to be cut in Hollywood, because she isn’t a great singer and nothing about her screamed “star.”
    2) Baylie Brown was far too bland to be #1… she was memorable in Season 6, but not so much this time around.
    3) Ashley Robles, please? Rachelle Lamb? Elise Testone?

• darcy's evil twin says:

Ryan – I feel the same way about Ashlee Altise, but then again last year Mr. Slezak was inexplicably intrigued by Brent Lowenstern, the geeky looking kid with that wild red hair.
      I call it “The Milli Vanilli Formula”. If they look interesting, different, or unusual, they must be good.

• Brandon says:

Doesn’t Ashlee Altise kind of look like a female Urkel? You know, when he would do drag as cousin Myrtle?

• Wilson says:

HaHA! We will see! Even if she does not continue on American Idol she already has songs with major artist & Has been featured in MANY magazines! & stop being a hater..she can really sing!

10. lethargic says:

Can we bring back Haley?

11. Nikolas says:

Johnny really needs to do his next audition shirtless. It will sail him right through the competition (and that shirtless shot in his video clip was WAY too brief).

12. Fran V says:

Hate to see you rank Baylie #1 because she’s probably already got a target on her back. I remember her first audition from my first season of watching Idol and I’ve been hoping she’d come back ever since. The girl’s a star.

13. Tahoe Mike says:

You got most of my favorites on your list, though I might quibble a bit with the order. I am so rooting for Amy Brumfeld the tent girl, I just liked her at first sight.
    I think that Heejun is going to be road kill in Hollywood. I think he has learned to cover songs by wrote, and will get hammered with the “Make it your own,” club. I’ll take Reed Grimm in his place. I can’t wait to see what that guy does next.
    Ashlee Altise doesn’t do it for me either. I liked Ashley Robles from San Diego better, as long as she doesn’t sing any more Whitney.
    I am looking forward to seeing more from “Wolf,” Angie Ziderman (the Blue Bayou stuff), The Ex Wives club (both of them), Skylar Laine (the Deer Hunter), and Creighton Fraker (He’s nuts!)
    I’m also looking forward to finding out who they held out on that we haven’t seen yet.

• darcy's evil twin says:

I kind of liked Reed Grimm but oh boy – after Casey from last season I am a bit gun shy of guys like Grimm.

14. Seven Types of Ambiguity says:

Okay, that’s a really nice list. 5 are in the top 24, one makes the top 42, two make the top 60, and three get eliminated in Hollywood week. And, accorging to Nigel, we still haven’t seen all of the top 24 . . .

• Josh says:

Spoilers sites aren’t always right about Idol…

• RTW says:

Please, if you’re going to reveal spoilers, could you at least start your post with “Spoiler Alert” or something of that nature. Thanks.

• Seven Types of Ambiguity says:

Did I mention any names? How is that a spoiler? If you think this is a spoiler, you must have been doing your own research on the Internet, ‘cuz I didn’t say who, just how many.
        And Nigel is the one who revealed you ain’t seen all of the Top 24 yet.

• RTW says:

True, no names were mentioned, but “5 are in the top 24” is enough of a spoiler for me. Maybe I’m alone, but I get my Idol kicks (and I think others do as well) when Idol itself does the revealing. And no, I don’t do my own research – that’s what Mr. Slezak’s here for and why I continue to return to

15. Paul says:

Is American Idol still on?

16. Idol Perfect Predictor says:

I’ve picked every winner from Season 1 on by Hollywood week, a perfect record. Doesn’t mean I’ve liked every winner, not by a long shot.
    This season is over.
    Bailey Brown is going to win. No doubt whatsoever. Check her Facebook and Twitter accounts since she first posted about trying out again.
    The machine is at work.

17. Justin says:

I literally could not remember one single person’s name this entire audition round. So, I guess that’s saying quite a bit.

18. ck says:

Looking forward to the next installment of the Michael and Melinda show after tonight. Melinda’s coming back, right? Hope so. You two go together like peas and carrots….love me some M & M!

19. darcy's evil twin says:

And we all need to remember that the ‘Group Week’ takes out a lot of good contestants. It’s always disappointing when a good singer gets saddled with a bad group. A few contestants were given very bad edits during group week last year and it sure didn’t help them any.

20. Annie says:

I almost totally disagree with you.
    10. Brittany Kerr
    9. Creighton Fraker (?)
    8. Jayrah Gibson
    7. Romeo Diahn
    6. Haley Smith
    5. Heejun Han
    4. Amy Brumfield
    3. Reed Grimm
    2. Phillip Phillips
    1. Johnny Keyser

21. Manola says:

Phillip Phillips felt pretty awkward without his guitar tonight. I don’t think for a sec he should be on this list.
    That Lauren girl, with the florist parents from Arkansas, should take his spot instead.

22. Melinda Doobig says:

No! I cannot stand another bit of misplaced growling and singing like a drunk!

23. syb says:

Pretty good list. I’d probably put Baylie Brown somewhere at least in honorable mention if not Top 10, but certainly not #1. (Colton Dixon, probably not… but that looked like one of those 1 and 1a entries.

24. Hi there! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay.
    I’m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

25. Joyeuse,chuchotement enseignement à partir de bleach à partir de Sommeil compte facebook pirater.
    prêter serment derrière Collge pirater un compte facebook 2013 hacker facebook.

26. squish says:

Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what
    I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.

I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to the whole thing.
    Do you have any tips and hints for inexperienced blog writers?
    I’d really appreciate it.

27. An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a colleague who has been doing a little homework
    on this. And he in fact bought me lunch simply because I
    found it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thanks for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanks for spending time to discuss this issue here on your site.

28. Great article! That is the kind of info that are supposed
    to be shared across the internet. Shame on the seek engines for now not positioning
    this publish higher! Come on over and talk over with my web site .
    Thanks =)

29. I all the time used to study piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of web thus from
    now I am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web.

30. It’s really a cool and helpful piece of info.
    I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

31. Elise says:

If you do not find any product, you can search for it and get the details as soon as possible by the customer
    care services. You can, however, avail of greater discounts if you order in bulk using the coupons.
    There are so many free printable coupons and coupon codes offered at Wow-Coupons.

32. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog
    and I am impressed! Very useful info particularly the
    last part :) I care for such information a lot. I was looking for
    this particular information for a very long time.
    Thank you and good luck.

33. Ammi.Me says:

The show features some of the world’s exceptional fashion models including Tyra Banks, Adriana
    Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio and a lot of more. The latter
    of those two is specially important, because there have been many cases of large companies suing people who
    are thought to have downloaded illegal files, based solely on his or her IP address.
    You can investigate collections of plugin at Gee – Three Slick’s official website.

34. Leon says:

I think this is among the most significant information for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general
    things, The website style is perfect, the articles is really nice : D.
    Good job, cheers

35. Hi friends, good post and nice urging commented
    here, I am in fact enjoying by these.