Office Scoop: Kelly Kapoor's New Boy Toy Is…

Get More: Casting News, Spoilers

Longtime Office lovebirds Kelly Kapoor and Ryan Howard are headed for heartbreak, but Mindy Kaling’s alter-ego won’t be lonely for long.

Heroes alum Sendhil Ramamurthy has been been tasked with swooping in to romance the adorably clueless paper pusher, TVLine has confirmed.

“[Ryan and Kelly] go through a heart-wrenching break-up,” B.J. Novak tells TV Guide Magazine, who first reported the casting news. “[They] end up becoming bitter enemies in the office when she falls in love with an Indian doctor. He’s very handsome and a much, much better match for Kelly than Ryan is.”

Pilot Scoop: Fox Orders Comedy Starring Mindy Kaling – Are Her Office Days Numbered?

Ramamurthy — who now co-stars on USA Network’s Covert Affairs — is currently slated to appear in just one Office episode.

Comments (22)

• Yeah, he’s hawt.

Comment by the girl – February 6, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally. He was my favourite actor on Heroes. That voice, that face!

Comment by chiana – February 6, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hate the Office,. but I’m glad for Sendhil. Liked his character on Heroes other than when he spun people into a web. Miss that show, still have to watch the last 3 eps..

Comment by lorna – February 7, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    I mean, obviously Ryan and Kelly were doomed from the start – but I loved them anyway.

Comment by Chelsea – February 6, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My exact reaction, right here.

Comment by RS – February 6, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this! And I hope the Office readdresses the cold open from last season when Kelly and Ryan announced they were married. We never got that full story!!!

Comment by Kelly – February 6, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So if Jack Coleman came in as a love interest for Angela and Sendhil Ramamurthy is coming as one for Kelly. Does that mean Ali Larter is going to be a new love interest for Kevin next?

Comment by Isaac – February 6, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I quit watching The Office in the middle of this season. I just got really sick of it. It’s just simply not as good as it once was, and everything it can do, Parks and Recreation is doing a million times better.
    HOWEVER, I will be coming back for this episode. God, I love Sendhil Ramamurthy. He is so insanely handsome.

Comment by R.T. – February 6, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if they’re setting the stage with the news that Mindy K has a pilot in development that if it gets picked up to series her Office character will exit. Makes sense to do so.

Comment by Nina – February 6, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • still must hurt getting fired on COVERT AFFAIRS!!!! ouch.

Comment by John – February 6, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what did i miss?
      or are you just referring to his character?
      (In that case it didn´t hurt it was predictable)

Comment by lalez – February 6, 2012 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s not fired from covert affairs. NBC and USA network are under the same brand NBC Universal.

Comment by james – February 10, 2012 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSS! He is hot and I would love to revisit her reasons for not dating Indian guys – they wear their phones clipped to their belts.

Comment by LaurT – February 6, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since when did he get fired from Covert Affairs? I don’t recall hearing that anywhere.

Comment by Ashlyn – February 6, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would he be fired? He’s not becoming an Office regular; he’ll probably just be on for a few episodes. Covert Affairs has one of those split year USA schedules so he’s probably on break from filming for a couple of months.

Comment by Mallie – February 6, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow Kelly, way to upgrade!

Comment by Lauren – February 6, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess this means I’m going to have to start paying attention to The Office again. I still watch but never really focus on it at all and am always doing other things when it’s on. I will pay attention as long as this gorgeous man is on it!

Comment by Lindsey – February 6, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was “Mohinder!” Then I remembered that I don’t even really watch The Office anymore. I’m glad to see a Heroes alum getting work though.

Comment by Julie – February 6, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ryan & Kelly are the best. It’ll be nice for them to actually get a storyline though, as long as this breakup is temporary.

Comment by Cindy – February 7, 2012 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember the days when the Office was against stunt casting? Or at least if they stunt cast they made sure it made sense and was a good actor? Yeah I remember those days…..
    Parks and Rec might stunt cast but they’re casting feels natural, the Office, meanwhile has lost it’s way completely.

Comment by Josh – February 7, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! He’s undoubtedly the MOST GORGEOUS Indian man on earth. So much contrary to what most people think of guys from that country (unattractive, ugly, hairy, sleazy etc). Kelly would look great with him!

Comment by Lexi – February 7, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish he’d do a cameo on Big Bang as Raj’s brother. I’d love to see Penny’s reaction to him.

Comment by Collette – February 7, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post