Office Scoop: Kelly Kapoor's New Boy Toy Is...

Longtime Office lovebirds Kelly Kapoor and Ryan Howard are headed for heartbreak, but Mindy Kaling’s alter-ego won’t be lonely for long.

Heroes alum Sendhil Ramamurthy has been been tasked with swooping in to romance the adorably clueless paper pusher, TVLine has confirmed.

“[Ryan and Kelly] go through a heart-wrenching break-up,” B.J. Novak tells TV Guide Magazine, who first reported the casting news. “[They] end up becoming bitter enemies in the office when she falls in love with an Indian doctor. He’s very handsome and a much, much better match for Kelly than Ryan is.”

Pilot Scoop: Fox Orders Comedy Starring Mindy Kaling – Are Her Office Days Numbered?

Ramamurthy — who now co-stars on USA Network’s Covert Affairs — is currently slated to appear in just one Office episode.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Spoilers

1. the girl says:

Yeah, he’s hawt.

• chiana says:

Totally. He was my favourite actor on Heroes. That voice, that face!

• lorna says:

I hate the Office,. but I’m glad for Sendhil. Liked his character on Heroes other than when he spun people into a web. Miss that show, still have to watch the last 3 eps..

2. Chelsea says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    I mean, obviously Ryan and Kelly were doomed from the start – but I loved them anyway.

3. Kelly says:

I love this! And I hope the Office readdresses the cold open from last season when Kelly and Ryan announced they were married. We never got that full story!!!

4. Isaac says:

So if Jack Coleman came in as a love interest for Angela and Sendhil Ramamurthy is coming as one for Kelly. Does that mean Ali Larter is going to be a new love interest for Kevin next?

5. R.T. says:

I quit watching The Office in the middle of this season. I just got really sick of it. It’s just simply not as good as it once was, and everything it can do, Parks and Recreation is doing a million times better.
    HOWEVER, I will be coming back for this episode. God, I love Sendhil Ramamurthy. He is so insanely handsome.

6. Nina says:

I wonder if they’re setting the stage with the news that Mindy K has a pilot in development that if it gets picked up to series her Office character will exit. Makes sense to do so.

7. John says:

still must hurt getting fired on COVERT AFFAIRS!!!! ouch.

8. LaurT says:

YESSS! He is hot and I would love to revisit her reasons for not dating Indian guys – they wear their phones clipped to their belts.

9. Ashlyn says:

Since when did he get fired from Covert Affairs? I don’t recall hearing that anywhere.

• Mallie says:

Why would he be fired? He’s not becoming an Office regular; he’ll probably just be on for a few episodes. Covert Affairs has one of those split year USA schedules so he’s probably on break from filming for a couple of months.

10. Lauren says:

Wow Kelly, way to upgrade!

11. Lindsey says:

I guess this means I’m going to have to start paying attention to The Office again. I still watch but never really focus on it at all and am always doing other things when it’s on. I will pay attention as long as this gorgeous man is on it!

12. Julie says:

My first thought was “Mohinder!” Then I remembered that I don’t even really watch The Office anymore. I’m glad to see a Heroes alum getting work though.

13. Cindy says:

Ryan & Kelly are the best. It’ll be nice for them to actually get a storyline though, as long as this breakup is temporary.

14. Josh says:

Remember the days when the Office was against stunt casting? Or at least if they stunt cast they made sure it made sense and was a good actor? Yeah I remember those days…..
    Parks and Rec might stunt cast but they’re casting feels natural, the Office, meanwhile has lost it’s way completely.

15. Lexi says:

Wow! He’s undoubtedly the MOST GORGEOUS Indian man on earth. So much contrary to what most people think of guys from that country (unattractive, ugly, hairy, sleazy etc). Kelly would look great with him!

• Collette says:

I wish he’d do a cameo on Big Bang as Raj’s brother. I’d love to see Penny’s reaction to him.

• kaka says:

There are better looking indians than him. HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN INDIANS BEFORE? Search up hrithik roshan, mahesh babu, shahrukh khan, aamir khan, shahid kapoor, john abraham, even dev patel from slumdog is better than him. There are many more, but I guess you will see my point after looking at these people.