TVLine Items: Chuck DVD Scoop, Madonna Nixes X Factor Gig, House Alum's Next Role and More!

Nerds alert! The Chuck Season 5 DVD package already has a release date — and TVLine has a bit of scoop on the extended series finale we told you about last week.

All told, Chuck: The Complete Fifth and Final Season, out May 8 on DVD and Blu-ray, packs in all 13 episodes plus over three hours of bonus features including a half-dozen featurettes. There’s also an extended version of the very final episode, “Chuck Versus The Goodbye,” which TVLine has learned runs a robust 52 minutes (versus the 45-minute broadcast edit).

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Paula Abdul Confirms X Factor Ouster: ‘Business Decisions Override Personal Considerations’

• Madonna will not be filling any of the newly vacated judges’ chairs on The X Factor. “I think I have enough jobs,” the pop icon quipped at a press conference for her Super Bowl halftime show, when asked about joining the Fox reality show. “But thank you for thinking of me — if you did, Simon [Cowell].”

• Patton Oswalt (United States of Tara) has been tapped to play Walden’s (Ashton Kutcher) ex-business partner on Two and a Half Men, per EW.com.

• Jack Wagner will not be returning to CBS’ The Bold and the BeautifulSoap Opera Digest reports. A message from the moderators on the WagnerWorld.com boards said, “We have just learned that Jack Wagner’s option on his two-year contract has not been picked up.”

Pilot Season Lingo Guide, Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

• Battlestar Galactica alum Jamie Bamber will play a vascular neurosurgeon in David E. Kelley’s TNT medical drama pilot Chelsea General, per Deadline.

• Life Unexpected executive producer/director Gary Fleder will direct The CW’s Beauty and the Beast pilot and executive produce ABC’s take on Beauty and the Beast, per Deadline.

• Ken Kwapis will direct fellow Office vet Greg Daniels’ Friday Night Dinner pilot, per Deadline.

Charlie Sheen Sounds Off on New Series (‘No Fart Jokes’), Old Demons (‘I’m Not Crazy Anymore!’)

•  Lisa Edelstein (House) and Tony Hale (Arrested Development) will be among the guest stars when Hulu premieres Paul the Male Matchmaker, an original web series, on Feb. 13. The 10-episode comedy stars Paul Bartholomew (Mad Men) and will also feature appearances by Janeane Garofalo (The Larry Sanders Show), Sam Trammell (True Blood), David Eigenberg (Sex and the City) and Jonathan Silverman (The Single Guy).

• CBS’ The Talk will count down to the Grammy Awards the week of Feb.6 with special guests, segments and live performances from Grammy host LL Cool J, nominee Tony Bennett and musicians Bret Michaels, Wayne Brady and k.d. lang. The awards air Feb. 12 at 8/7c on CBS.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. DavidR says:

Unless the extended Chuck episode extends/changes the final scene then I will still be disappointed…..

2. George says:

I can not wait till the Chuck DVD comes out

3. Stefany says:

I thought the finale was brilliant! Bravo! Well done! I have already ordered by boxed set. I would be embarrased to say how many times I’ve watched the final two episodes in the last seven days. I’m just sad that they are only including an additional 7 minutes – wasn’t there over an hour of unaired scenes? INCLUDE THEM ALL – VIVA LA CHUCK! (And when I say “I’m JUST sad”… the fact that I’m heartbroken that Chuck is over is a given. This is an incremental sadness about the DVD…)

4. Jeff Gasikowski says:

TVshowsondvd.com is reporting that a complete series box set for Chuck is NOT in the works. Can you guys find out why? I’m sure the many Chuck supporters out there would be quick to mobilize to make it happen….

• Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com says:

TVShowsOnDVD.com are the experts on such matters, please direct any questions to them.

5. lalez says:

crazy …
    gary fleder is bound to get confused at some point right?
    two shows with the same title and he is involved in both?
    weird
    but ok

6. AlisonWonderland says:

I miss Jeff and Lester already.

• Scott says:

When Jeffster covered A-Ha’s Take On Me in the theatre during the finale, that was one of the single best moments in tv history.
      Jeffster, bigger than The Hoff!

7. Lina says:

Friday Night Dinner just reminds me of Gilmore Girls.

8. Dan says:

Finally Lisa Edelstein back on my screen! It was about time.

9. Bel says:

Hey great to see Lisa Edelstein back on our screens if only for a few episodes of this new series. It sounds like it will be funny.
    Now if only the House Powers that be came to their senses and we could have her back on House as Cuddy. This season hasn’t been the same without Cuddy, she is missed! :(

• Noelia says:

I know. I still love the show but it´s just not the same without her. I wish she could be back for a few episodes this season.

10. Urgentemente says:

May! May! arrrghhh. 3 month wait!
    and that’s the release date in the US,
    UK Amazon site isn’t even showing it at all.
    Come on folks, you could probably cash in on the finale by getting the DVD’s out quicker, even tho you probably know all us/we fans will buy it

11. bruna says:

thx for the update about Lisa E!!! =D

12. lipsticksocialism says:

BOOO for Jack Wagner, but YAYYY for Lisa E :DD

13. cega says:

That new HULU series sounds terrible. So that’s the kind of thing that Lisa Edelstein does now? She should have stayed with House, paycut or not.

14. Kelly says:

I’m excited to see Lisa E again. This looks like a funny show and seeing her doing comedy is just what the doctor ordered ;)

15. Noelia says:

I saw the bit with Lisa and the dummie and i found it hilarious. Good to know she is a guest star in this pilot. Show looks funny.

16. Calli says: