Ratings: Gossip Girl and Hart of Dixie Rise, House and Alcatraz Dip

With CBS sitcoms in pre-sweeps repeat mode and Fear Factor forced into airing a rerun by Donkey Semen-gate, The CW saw gains while Fox’s dramas dipped.

Gossip Girl Episode 100: The Bluffing Bride saw 1.4 million total viewers RSVP, surging 23 percent to deliver the show’s second-largest audience of the season. Likewise, its 0.7 demo rating grew a tenth.

Leading out of the gnarly nuptials (and seeming Gossip Girl reveal), Hart of Dixie (1.5 mil/0.6) enjoyed 20 percent gains of its own.

2012 Renewal Scorecard: Now Featuring Updates for Gossip Girl, Up All Night and The Firm!

Over on Fox, House drew 8.64 million total viewers and a 2.8 rating, slipping 10 percent in the demo but placing second for the night only behind the Two and a Half Men repeat. Alcatraz (8.34 mil/2.7) in Week 3 dipped 8 and 10 percent, respectively.

Elsewhere on the night:

* The Bachelor (8.1 mil/2.6) dipped slightly.

* NBC’s Who’s Still Standing? (6.6 mil/1.7) played to its largest audience to date. Next week: The Voice returns!

* NBC’s Rock Center (3.3 mil/0.8) continued to see-saw, plunging some 40 percent from its last regular outing. Next week: Smash premieres! (Read our review.)

What were you watching this Monday night?

1. allison says:

I know it is very early to tell but I would love to know what experts at TV Line expect the fate of Alcatraz to be. Season 2 or will it get canceled? Ratings seem good and the dips are not too bad. We love the show in our house and hope it lasts.

2. me says:

my time warner cable was out for 1 and a half last night….missed the whole episode of House…came back on just before it went off…

3. GK says:

This was Alcatraz’s best episode yet! I hope it makes it to season 2.

4. Dee says:

Liking Alcatraz so far.

It took me till this episode to figure out the doctor in the morgue that appeared at the end of the child-kidnapper episode is actually the doctor that treats the patients back in 1960, duh!.

Too bad they had to kill Whitley, but I hear he has been cast in a new tv show.

5. gcem says:

I really like Alcatraz. Just wish networks would give more time for shows to develop an audience before it just pulls the plug. It’s gotten to the point that I pick and choose carefully before watching any new show for fear I’ll find one I really like (Alcatraz) only to have it cancelled after a few weeks. And I REALLY wish they’d stop shoving reality shows down our throats.

• allison says:

Well said. Every time I take the risk of getting into a new show I worry I will have another “Studio 60” in my future. So many great shows are not given enough time to develop. Fingers crossed for Alcatraz!

6. kevin says:

Hope Alcatraz survive for another season, Fox still has no decision on whether HOUSE would end after eight seasons and TERRA NOVA’s fate still unanswered.

7. Erika says:

I agree that the Alcatraz episode last night was really good. I hope it gets renewed. Unfortunately, Hart of Dixie airs at the same time and as I feel Hart is struggling more in ratings compounded with the fact that it doesn’t appear online the next day, I choose to watch it over Alcatraz live.

8. fernando says:

Hart of Dixie deserves a season 2 and maybe a day change to wed. at 8/7 pm

9. TinCan says:

I fear Alcatraz is becoming “Killer of the week.” I would like to find out more of the why & how they are coming back than a “lets focus on this week’s killer.”

10. Jenni says:

HoD is such a nice show. I don’t understand why it can’t get up to GG’s level in the ratings. It deserves a 2nd season but I feel like the CW might cancel it and instead renew the nowadays awful GG. What happend to this show? The episode was just horrible for a 100th episode.

• Dave says:

Its only this last 2 weeks that GG has beat HOD in the ratings, something that i don’t expect to last very long, the problem HOD seems to have is everytime it takes a break it loses viewers and ratings and then steadily builds them up again till the next break and then it falls, it needs a consistent run of 6-7 episodes in a row to get people really hooked on it, hopefully it gets it because it is a great show.

11. tracy says:

I’m getting bored with the show. Each episode is starting to feel the same (I count “the pilot” as 2 episodes) and as much as I’m intrigued by the “mythology”, I’d like a little more humanization of our lead actress. Right now we’re getting a ton of backstory for Hurley but not Sara Jones’ character.

12. Alyssa says:

I think Alcatraz is getting more interesting each week.
    But next week it will go to my dvr. There is no way I am missing The Voice and Smash.
    I watched the Smash pilot and it was the best thing I have watched in years. I cannot wait to watch it in my big screen TV :)

13. linda says:

I´m glad about the House ratings they are not bad but not amazing either. I hoped that it will maintain the 3, in the demo, according to Tvbythenumbers it is adjusted up to a 2,9 but still.
    I pretty much enjoy season8 and feel there are more stories to tell about House & his team. Hope House will get renewed. The silence from Fox and the producers is disturbing.
    They should just tell the fans what is going on.