Hot Shots: The Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice Docs Team Up

The doctors of Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice will once again help each other out on Feb. 16 (ABC, 9/8c), and we’ve got your first look at the unique crossover.

Grey’s Anatomy First Look: Watch the First 11 Minutes of the Alt-Reality Episode Now

It all kicks off with Derek’s sis Amelia (Caterina Scorsone) coming to Seattle Grace to ask her big bro for help in saving the life of Cooper’s baby mama Erica (A.J. Langer). But rather than Derek heading to L.A., the second half of the event — the Private Practice hour — finds Cooper (Paul Adelstein) and Charlotte (KaDee Strickland) taking Erica up north to meet up with the famous brain surgeon and Lexie (Chyler Leigh).

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the unusual crossover.

1. hello says:

I love crossovers

2. Jill says:

I don’t care for the characters on PP so won’t be watching second half of this crossover. Not even for Derek.

3. Raechel says:

I’d probably be happier if the episode didn’t include Amelia. I can’t stand her and I wish they would have killed her off instead of her bf. She drives me crazy and there really wasn’t a reason to add her to the cast.

4. amberjj says:

super excited!!! sounds like it will be an intense episode!

5. Lindsay says:

I actually prefer Private Practice to Greys these days. I think the cast are amazing.

• Jessica says:

I agree, lately Private Practice has been so good!

• Barbie says:

THANK YOU!!! I love PP a million times more than Grey’s. Amelia’s been my favorite since literally the first day she appeared on the show. I love her energy, the way she uses it to hide her major vulnerability. I adore that this crossover involves her. Also, Charlotte is my other favorite, she’d been from the beginning, so, a crossover with Charlotte and Amelia.

And, Lexie, she’s one of the few characters in Grey’s Anatomy I truly love. I like the show, but I don’t care about it, I don’ care about what happens to the characters. But I love Lexie. I’ve been telling my friends, that a crossover with Amelia AND Charlotte AND Lexie, it was made for me :))))

(PP is actually one of my favorite shows on tv. I truly care about the characters, especially the women. It makes me cry almost weekly. It makes me FEEL more than pretty much any other show. It’s funny, super dramatic Grey’s winter season premiere episode, I didn’t feel anything. PP winter season premiere episode, I cried more than once, because I feel for and with the characters. They’re much more real).

6. Mayra says:

Looove Amelia and am really happy she’ll be on Grey’s.

• Barbie says:

Amelia’s the best. I love the picture with the grin and the gleamy eyes. It’s her “there’s something I wanna ask you big bro” look, lol. <3

7. Sam says:

Ughh, I hate crossovers, they’ll do it every season which is boring. I love Derek alot, but I will not watch PP for him either, can’t stand the characters.

8. the girl says:

Looking forward to the interaction between Amelia & Lexie, their relationships with their older doctor siblings gives them some things in common.

9. amy8493 says:

I can’t wait! I love both shows and I really hope that they can save Erika. I will be very interesting to watch and it will be for two hours yay

10. Courtney says:

Lexie is going to, at least i hope she will be, pissed at Amelia because she slept with Mark. Should be good tension, because no matter how many times Mark has hurt Lexie I still think they are meant to be together.

• Lucia says:

Why should Lexie be mad at Amelia because she slept with Mark? If that was the case, she would have to be mad at Callie, Teddy, Addison and half of the hospital female population. Derek’s other sisters have also slept with Mark.

• Barbie says:

Pretty sure that’s not gonna come up in the middle of everything going on :)

11. Barbie says:

I really hope they’re able to save Erica. I really like her, Mason, and how she’s been sweet, reasonable, friendly after the shock and the initial tension with Cooper and Charlotte. I hope she gets to live, find happiness and love on the show. :)

12. Alicia L. says:

I totally didn’t forget about the Amelia sleeping with Mark thing, bt you raise a good point even though I think Lexie has no right to be angry. Though she is Lexie and even though I’ve come to love her character she is high irrational regarding her relationship with Mark, so it wouldn’t surprise me very much if she is mad at Amelia even though they are family. Though I would love for them to have a few moments where the talk about how hard their relationship with Mer/Der were hard.

13. Danielle H says:

Can’t wait! These are my favorite episodes of the season when they do this, because you can see how the characters interact with the ones from the other show.
    I always find myself wondering about how such and such would react and what they would say if they stopped by for a visit throughout the whole season, and these episodes are the only chance to see that!

14. Captain says:

Lexie is the only character that could make me watch Private Practice. LOVE her! She’s the best Grey’s character.

15. Sarah says:

Acutally Mark has been on Private Practice.

16. Taylor says:

I love Charlotte and Cooper. It’s great they get to work with Dempsey. I wish it didn’t have to involve those leeches Erica and Mason. They’ve taken up all CharCoop’s time this season. Hopefully the surgery doesn’t work so we’re rid of Erica and they send Mason to live with a relative on another planet. That kid is has such a loud mouth. He’s annoying.

• Michelle says:

WOW…you have issues. You do realize that if something happens to Erica that Cooper is now on the birth certificate so he will get full custody. Pray she lives or else he’s going to Cooper’s house…FOREVER

17. Nicole says:

The storyline with Cooper’s son has proved to be an epic fail among many PP fans. It’s am extremely unralistic plot of Cooper having a long lost son from a one night stand with a bar tramp nine years ago. Can we say poorly written daytime tv drama? I think Shonda decided to use it for the crossover to try to gain some GA fans to like this story because it has failed with many PP fans.

• unodynamico says:

I tottaly agree with you, this was a huge fail, all the PP fans like myself, hate this storyline, it´s terrible, not only because it´s taking all the charcoop time but because it´s really bad made, not realistic, i never thought shonda would do something this bad

18. Lily N says:

The problem with the story is the kid is not the right fit for Charlotte and Cooper. It’s not the kids fault. It’s the adults in charge fault to let it pass. When I watch his scenes I see a child trying to act rather than Cooper’s son. It pulls me too far out of the story so it makes it unreal or unnatural. It can be done. Betsey was very believable. I cried for her when they put her in foster care. I know I will not cry for Mason when Erica dies because he is not believable. It makes the whole story of Cooper having a son moot.

19. Brad says:

Now we know why Shonda was force feeding us Erika and Mason all season. She wanted us to like them and break our hearts in the crossover. It backfired big time. She forced them on us too strong. They took over every episode. Now we want just them to leave and never come back. No broken hearts around here.

20. kess says:

what i love about the crossovers is seeing how they interact with each other. i dont watch greys since george died and absolutely loved kate walsh so i had to watch private practice and seeing the previous crossovers done well with sam & naiomi at SG and bailey and mark coming to oceanside wellness were great viewing. the only reason i will watch this is for amelia and charlotte both who have have excelled in season 3 and 4 of PP. i know charlotte befriended mark and bailey during previous crossovers so it would be great to see some similar scenes and maybe charlotte and christina or charlotte and richard. and then hopefully next season we see callie coming to visit addison at PP when addison finally has her baby.

21. Allison says:

I’ll watch for Charlotte. I absolutely love that gal. I hate Cooper. He’s an arrogant loser. Don’t care much for his anoying kid either. I’ll watch for Charlotte, Lexi and Derrik. I’d love another scene between Charlotte and Mark but he’s not part of the crossover -just Lexie and Derrick. I hope it isn’t all about that mole mom with the brain tumor and her kid-that will be the boringest crossover ever to be wasted on them.