Pilot Scoop: CBS Greenlights Super Fun Comedy Starring Bridesmaids Breakout Rebel Wilson

Get More: News, Pilots

Something tells me CBS’ latest pilot pickup will more than live up to its title.

The eye network has given the green light to Super Fun Night, a half-hour multi-camera comedy written by and starring uproarious Aussie comedienne (and Bridesmaids scene-stealer) Rebel Wilson.

Conan O’Brien is among the exec producers of the project, which follows three nerdy female friends on their “funcomfortable” quest to have super fun every Friday night.

Feel free to dream cast Wilson’s two party girl sidekicks in the comments!

Comments (26)

• Looks like she’s been rebelling against healthy eating and exercise.

Comment by Sid Snarko – January 26, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aw you’re so cool making fun of others weight behind your computer screen. I hope making fun of her made you feel better because you’re obviously a pathetic waste of a person and need this to make yourself feel superior. On topic the show has a good premise and CBS usually does a good job so it will probably be worth at least checking out.

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – January 26, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s more of a fact, actually, but alright. Anyways, I liked her in the movie, but I’m unsure if she can carry a show.

Comment by BRETT – January 26, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, really? That’s your only comment to make.

Despite what the media keeps perpetuating, fat people can be healthy (and skinny people can be unhealthy).

Myself, I’m a fat woman but I’ve just completed my 5th 15k marathon…and I’m still fat. I eat well…and I’m still fat.

So next time you want to make hateful stereotypical comments, maybe you should rethink it.

Comment by pv – January 26, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good for you… But 15k isn’t much, and it isn’t a marathon.

Comment by BRETT – January 26, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know I’m just feeding the troll right now, but Brett, don’t you have anything better to do than be a jerk? If so, go do it. If not, go back over to 4Chan where they’ll appreciate your dickishness.

Comment by Erin – January 26, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Anyone who disagrees with someone is a “troll.” Right. Continue to show your intelligence!

Comment by BRETT – January 26, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sid Snarko is likely fat himself. I’ve found that it’s usually self loathing that leads people to make fun of others.

I think a 15K is admirable.. but it’s under 10 miles and a marathon is 26 miles. Based on your level of evident cardiovascular health you are likely not OBESE. Rebel IS obese and obesity – no matter how you want to sugar coat it – is not healthy. It puts undue stress on the entire system.

All that said.. I still love her and look forward to this show!

Comment by dane – January 26, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the premise of the show, in fact, I think I might adopt it, because it’s so easy to let time go by without making an effort to include fun. Maybe super fun once a week is more than I could handle, though. I don’t remember her from Bridesmaids, although I loved the movie. What role did she play?

Comment by Bella – January 26, 2012 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it took me a long to time to remember who she was in the movie too. it was a very small role, i found her parts to be more annoying than “scene stealing” Melissa McCarthy was the scene stealer

Comment by SonR – January 26, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was the roomates sister. She read her diary!

Comment by Meme – January 26, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “at first i thought it was a very sad hand written book.”
      she had an infected tattoo of a mexican drinking worm on her back and then poured a bag of frozen peas on it.
      this is some of the best TV news I’ve received in a LONG TIME.
      Youtube Rebel Wilson and check out her “6 MINUTEs SHOWREEL” and “TGYH- Rebel WIlson”

Comment by cj – January 26, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FYI Rebel is spokewoman for Jenny Craig here in Australia. She lost weight but has been told not to lose anymore by her producers! For the purpose of HOLLYWOOD she is forbidden to lose anymore weight.

She is a funny funny lady, have loved watching her on Australian tv (on youtube search for ‘Rebel Wilson Thank God You’re Here’).

Comment by Sarah from Aus – January 26, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that is seriously insane that they forbid her to lose weight. but if they can forbid actresses to gain weight, fix their boobs or lips, i guess they can forbid her to lose more. UGH.

Comment by lipsticksocialism – January 26, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nikki Blonksy was told not to loose weight either. All of the dancing during Hairspray had her losing loads so she was put on a special diet to keep her bigger for the role of Tracy.

Comment by gabhainn – January 26, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I find that hard to believe. If so, why is she bigger now than she was then? No one in Hollywood is giving her jobs, so according to your logic, she should be stick thin.

Comment by BRETT – January 26, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, BRETT, after she finished filming the movie she was no longer dancing so she was no longer losing weight! It’s the same reason why people who go on the Biggest Loser lose weight because they are exercising 6 hours a day, but when they leave the show they go back to the real world where they don’t have time to exercise 6 hours a day, so they gain back some weight. A lot of different factors influence why someone loses or doesn’t lose weight. Willpower is ONLY ONE of those factors.

Comment by lipsticksocialism – January 26, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And “Fat Mandy” or “Bogan Pride” will result in more awesome clips… and she is a scene-stealer in “A Few Best Men” in cinemas now!

This is awesome. One of the best comics around!

Comment by Brock – January 27, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She was also Toula on ‘Pizza’, but her improv on ‘Thank God You’re Here’ was awesome.

Comment by OiOiOi – January 27, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE cast Rachel Dratch as one of the friends! She is so funny in every guest spot she does. Molly Shannon would be good too.

Comment by Adam – January 26, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is hilarious, and the premise sounds like a lot of fun. Glad to see that Bridesmaids continues to have a positive effect for everyone involved.

Comment by Nicole – January 26, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only scene stealer in Bridesmaids was Melissa McCarthy… just sayin’.

Comment by Jon – January 26, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds promising, I would rather see it as a single camera show though!

Comment by Leah – January 26, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonder if she’ll have the accent or adopt an American one. She was funny, in a very dry humor type of way.

Comment by Danielle H – January 26, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If I’m honest, she’s so much funnier with an Australian accent.

Comment by Haley – January 26, 2012 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally agree with you adam I love racheal she so funny loved Debbie downer you can never go wrong with snl girls their so talented love Amy on parks and rec

Comment by Dot – January 26, 2012 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post