The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching Wednesday

On TV this Wednesday: Someone in Tree Hill makes a life-changing mistake, CSI bids adieu to Catherine, Joe Jonas finds Love in Cleveland and more. Here are nine programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm American Idol (Fox) | Season 11 auditions continue in Aspen, Colo. (Read Michael Slezak’s Night 3 recap.)

8 pm One Tree Hill (The CW) | Dan helps a struggling Haley at Karen’s Café; Quinn discovers that Clay is hiding something from her; Julian makes a life-changing mistake.

8 pm Whitney (NBC) | Working temporarily for Roxanne, Whitney befriends the assistant to Roxanne’s nemesis (guest star Kathy Griffin).

Criminal Minds Boss Teases Episode 150, Weighs In on BAU Romance and the [Spoiler] Rumor

9 pm Touch (Fox) | Series preview: This new drama, from Heroes creator Tim Kring, revolves around a widowed father (24‘s Kiefer Sutherland) who discovers that his autistic, mute son can predict events through patterns in numbers. Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon) and Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Doctor Who) also star. (Read our preview.) Touch officially kicks off its season on March 19.

9 pm Criminal Minds (CBS) | In the series’ 150th episode, the team searches for “The Piano Man” (Jay Karnes, The Shield), a serial rapist who has resurfaced and is assaulting previous victims; Prentiss tries to come to terms with her trauma from last year and rejoining the team. (Read TVLine’s preview Q&A.)

10 pm CSI (CBS) | In Marg Helgenberger’s final episode, Catherine and D.B. find refuge in a strip club, get a big assist from one of Catherine’s colorful old friends and ultimately crack the Mark Gabriel case. The next-to-last scene will make you sob.

10 pm Royal Pains (USA) | When a mysterious illness overcomes the members of an up-and-coming rock band, Hank must work with Divya to find the cause —  even as Hank struggles to trust her after a recent prescription error.

10 pm Face Off (Syfy) | The contestants put their body-painting skills on display for a chance to be featured on rapper Asher Roth’s latest album cover.

10 pm Hot in Cleveland (TV Land) | Victoria’s daughter (Ghost Whisperer‘s Jennifer Love Hewitt) returns for a visit with some very surprising news — she’s engaged to Melanie’s son (guest star Joe Jonas)! Also: Keep an eye out for the latest of the Cougar Town cameos.

Which of the above is must-see for you? Also, hit Comments to offer your own tune-in suggestions!

Comments (30)

• Touch! Can’t wait for that.
    CSI – may be my last episode that I watch. Too many changes and not a big fan of Elizabeth Shue.

Comment by kirads09 – January 25, 2012 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to Criminal Minds and Hot in Cleveland.

Comment by ravens2013 – January 25, 2012 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal Minds and I guess CSI but I mean to be truthfully the show been dead for year ever since grissom and sara became a couple

Comment by Michael – January 25, 2012 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with what you said about CSI wholeheartedly. Time to put a fork in the whole franchise I think. CSI NY is marginally good at best, and CSI Miami is downright painful it is so bad IMO.

Comment by kirads09 – January 25, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So because you don’t like the show, you think that’s a good enough reason for the show to be cancelled and kill the enjoyment for those who still ARE watching?

Comment by S – January 25, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. That coupling killed the show with how awkward and forced it was. But Catherine is my favorite character, so I’ll definitely be watching tonight!

Comment by Jane – January 25, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Couldn’t disagree more. I loved the Grissom and Sara storyline and I miss it on the show. It added some much needed light to the show’s often dark storylines. And, I tend to enjoy what little glimpses of the characters’ lives we get.
        Catherine was never my favorite, but I admit her character has been better in recent seasons. I remain a fan of the show (even suffered through the Fishburne years),and am looking forward to seeing Danson and Shue together.

Comment by jackson – January 25, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL. ‘Sara and Grissom’ haven’t even been on the show for the last 3-4 seasons. Hate is a terribly crippling emotion. Let it go, for goodness sakes!

Comment by jesse – January 25, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Never saw what ANYONE liked about Grissom/Sara and it somehow did kill the show – everything became less OOMPH. Grissom leaving was the final straw for me, I quit. But I will tune in for Catherine’s last episode because I adore the character and the actress.

Comment by Ella – January 25, 2012 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will watch Criminal Minds then CSI and DVR Touch.

Comment by P&B – January 25, 2012 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is the “Sneak Preview” of Touch the full first episode, or a extended trailer or something?

Comment by localboy – January 25, 2012 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s the full first episode, but the series doesn’t truly premiere until March 19. This has been edited for clarity. – Management

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – January 25, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How come Gugu Mbatha-Raw is credited for Doctor Who over Undercovers?

Comment by Sourabh – January 25, 2012 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One Tree Hill and Hot In Cleveland. What’s with everything on ABC being repeats already? They just came back from a winter hiatus.

Comment by Liz – January 25, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A lot of people have had ABC pull from their TV so in portest ABC is doing repeat

Comment by Michael – January 25, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Talk of a “winter hiatus” or “Winter season premiere” is a bit of a smokescreen to appeal to fans of cable shows that do that. The networks are still doing reruns the way they always have:
      1. they start the season with several new episodes
      2. new episodes for sweeps months
      3. whatever they have left are sprinkled around the remaining months

So there are reruns mixed with originals in December, January, March and April and sometimes late October.

Comment by CJ – January 25, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No I agree with the original poster lol they were gross. Sara annoyed the crap outta me, I mean she walks like a man and has the most annoying voice (kinda sounds like a deaf person). Thought they’d pair Gris with Cath or Lady Heather, but no…they had to give him the ugly chick. :( ah well

Comment by jenny – January 25, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The preview event of TOUCH. Kiefer Sutherland back on TV and Fox and CSI won’t be the same without Marg Helenberger as she’s leaves the crime lab for good but I don’t know how Elisabeth Shue would fare as she joins Ted Danson and Co. on February 15th.

Comment by kevin – January 25, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll definitely be watching:
    Criminal Minds – 150 episodes, Wow! Best procedural on television, and one of the best series on television, in my opinion.
    CSI – last episode for Catherine Willow. I’m gonna miss her a lot.
    Royal Pains – One of many USA network shows that flies under the radar. I really like this show for Hank being the anti-House, and Divya and Evan as good main characters.

Comment by Justin – January 25, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With revenge taking the night off, I’ll probably check out Touch, though the Tim Kring connection makes me anxious…

Likely recap it for everyone tomorrow.

Comment by bitchstolemyremote – January 25, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oth

Comment by Brandy – January 25, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Touch, Criminal Minds and CSI!

Comment by King – January 25, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Already emotional with Marg departure-last reason why kept watching the show..I was probably the only Grissom/Cath shipper on earth. :(

Comment by nitemar – January 25, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re definitely not alone! Before Sara and Grissom happened, a lot of people thought that it might be heading in a Catherine and Grissom direction. Watch the early seasons and you will definitely get that sense! I really wish it would have gone that way; William and Marg had way more chemistry together and their characters complimented each other so well. :)

Comment by Dana – January 25, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WAY more chemistry. Even the TV magazines would hint at Grissom/Catherine. Really not sure why the writers took the Grissom/Sara route. It killed a lot of what I loved about the character Gil Grissom and the show.

Comment by Ella – January 25, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Knock me over with a feather! Whitney got mentioned without even a hint of a dig.

Comment by CJ – January 25, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need Revenge, but I will watch One Tree Hill and check out Lucy Hale on her ABC Family movie Once Upon a song and also Hot in Cleveland

Comment by fernando – January 25, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal minds!!! Love me some shemar moore and excellent crime stories. Debating if I wanna tape ot get Touch on demand later. Looms good but I already watch way too much Tv.

Comment by l – January 25, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope they show that preview episode of “Touch” again since my recording cut off right at a crucial moment. I guess it went longer than the guide had it set for.

Comment by peggy – January 25, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We don’t tolerate trolls on this site, bug off.

Comment by Danielle H – January 25, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post