The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching Wednesday

On TV this Wednesday: Someone in Tree Hill makes a life-changing mistake, CSI bids adieu to Catherine, Joe Jonas finds Love in Cleveland and more. Here are nine programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm American Idol (Fox) | Season 11 auditions continue in Aspen, Colo. (Read Michael Slezak’s Night 3 recap.)

8 pm One Tree Hill (The CW) | Dan helps a struggling Haley at Karen’s Café; Quinn discovers that Clay is hiding something from her; Julian makes a life-changing mistake.

8 pm Whitney (NBC) | Working temporarily for Roxanne, Whitney befriends the assistant to Roxanne’s nemesis (guest star Kathy Griffin).

Criminal Minds Boss Teases Episode 150, Weighs In on BAU Romance and the [Spoiler] Rumor

9 pm Touch (Fox) | Series preview: This new drama, from Heroes creator Tim Kring, revolves around a widowed father (24‘s Kiefer Sutherland) who discovers that his autistic, mute son can predict events through patterns in numbers. Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon) and Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Doctor Who) also star. (Read our preview.) Touch officially kicks off its season on March 19.

9 pm Criminal Minds (CBS) | In the series’ 150th episode, the team searches for “The Piano Man” (Jay Karnes, The Shield), a serial rapist who has resurfaced and is assaulting previous victims; Prentiss tries to come to terms with her trauma from last year and rejoining the team. (Read TVLine’s preview Q&A.)

10 pm CSI (CBS) | In Marg Helgenberger’s final episode, Catherine and D.B. find refuge in a strip club, get a big assist from one of Catherine’s colorful old friends and ultimately crack the Mark Gabriel case. The next-to-last scene will make you sob.

10 pm Royal Pains (USA) | When a mysterious illness overcomes the members of an up-and-coming rock band, Hank must work with Divya to find the cause —  even as Hank struggles to trust her after a recent prescription error.

10 pm Face Off (Syfy) | The contestants put their body-painting skills on display for a chance to be featured on rapper Asher Roth’s latest album cover.

10 pm Hot in Cleveland (TV Land) | Victoria’s daughter (Ghost Whisperer‘s Jennifer Love Hewitt) returns for a visit with some very surprising news — she’s engaged to Melanie’s son (guest star Joe Jonas)! Also: Keep an eye out for the latest of the Cougar Town cameos.

Which of the above is must-see for you? Also, hit Comments to offer your own tune-in suggestions!

GET MORE: Lists, Premieres, Previews, TVLine-Ups

1. kirads09 says:

Touch! Can’t wait for that.
    CSI – may be my last episode that I watch. Too many changes and not a big fan of Elizabeth Shue.

2. ravens2013 says:

Looking forward to Criminal Minds and Hot in Cleveland.

3. Michael says:

Criminal Minds and I guess CSI but I mean to be truthfully the show been dead for year ever since grissom and sara became a couple

• kirads09 says:

I agree with what you said about CSI wholeheartedly. Time to put a fork in the whole franchise I think. CSI NY is marginally good at best, and CSI Miami is downright painful it is so bad IMO.

• S says:

So because you don’t like the show, you think that’s a good enough reason for the show to be cancelled and kill the enjoyment for those who still ARE watching?

• Jane says:

Totally agree. That coupling killed the show with how awkward and forced it was. But Catherine is my favorite character, so I’ll definitely be watching tonight!

• jackson says:

Couldn’t disagree more. I loved the Grissom and Sara storyline and I miss it on the show. It added some much needed light to the show’s often dark storylines. And, I tend to enjoy what little glimpses of the characters’ lives we get.
        Catherine was never my favorite, but I admit her character has been better in recent seasons. I remain a fan of the show (even suffered through the Fishburne years),and am looking forward to seeing Danson and Shue together.

• jesse says:

LOL. ‘Sara and Grissom’ haven’t even been on the show for the last 3-4 seasons. Hate is a terribly crippling emotion. Let it go, for goodness sakes!

• Ella says:

Agreed. Never saw what ANYONE liked about Grissom/Sara and it somehow did kill the show – everything became less OOMPH. Grissom leaving was the final straw for me, I quit. But I will tune in for Catherine’s last episode because I adore the character and the actress.

4. P&B says:

Will watch Criminal Minds then CSI and DVR Touch.

5. localboy says:

So is the “Sneak Preview” of Touch the full first episode, or a extended trailer or something?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It’s the full first episode, but the series doesn’t truly premiere until March 19. This has been edited for clarity. – Management

6. Sourabh says:

How come Gugu Mbatha-Raw is credited for Doctor Who over Undercovers?

7. Liz says:

One Tree Hill and Hot In Cleveland. What’s with everything on ABC being repeats already? They just came back from a winter hiatus.

• Michael says:

A lot of people have had ABC pull from their TV so in portest ABC is doing repeat

• CJ says:

Talk of a “winter hiatus” or “Winter season premiere” is a bit of a smokescreen to appeal to fans of cable shows that do that. The networks are still doing reruns the way they always have:
      1. they start the season with several new episodes
      2. new episodes for sweeps months
      3. whatever they have left are sprinkled around the remaining months

So there are reruns mixed with originals in December, January, March and April and sometimes late October.

8. jenny says:

No I agree with the original poster lol they were gross. Sara annoyed the crap outta me, I mean she walks like a man and has the most annoying voice (kinda sounds like a deaf person). Thought they’d pair Gris with Cath or Lady Heather, but no…they had to give him the ugly chick. :( ah well

9. kevin says:

The preview event of TOUCH. Kiefer Sutherland back on TV and Fox and CSI won’t be the same without Marg Helenberger as she’s leaves the crime lab for good but I don’t know how Elisabeth Shue would fare as she joins Ted Danson and Co. on February 15th.

10. Justin says:

I’ll definitely be watching:
    Criminal Minds – 150 episodes, Wow! Best procedural on television, and one of the best series on television, in my opinion.
    CSI – last episode for Catherine Willow. I’m gonna miss her a lot.
    Royal Pains – One of many USA network shows that flies under the radar. I really like this show for Hank being the anti-House, and Divya and Evan as good main characters.

11. With revenge taking the night off, I’ll probably check out Touch, though the Tim Kring connection makes me anxious…

Likely recap it for everyone tomorrow.

12. King says:

Touch, Criminal Minds and CSI!

13. nitemar says:

Already emotional with Marg departure-last reason why kept watching the show..I was probably the only Grissom/Cath shipper on earth. :(

• Dana says:

You’re definitely not alone! Before Sara and Grissom happened, a lot of people thought that it might be heading in a Catherine and Grissom direction. Watch the early seasons and you will definitely get that sense! I really wish it would have gone that way; William and Marg had way more chemistry together and their characters complimented each other so well. :)

• Ella says:

WAY more chemistry. Even the TV magazines would hint at Grissom/Catherine. Really not sure why the writers took the Grissom/Sara route. It killed a lot of what I loved about the character Gil Grissom and the show.

14. CJ says:

Knock me over with a feather! Whitney got mentioned without even a hint of a dig.

15. fernando says:

I need Revenge, but I will watch One Tree Hill and check out Lucy Hale on her ABC Family movie Once Upon a song and also Hot in Cleveland

16. l says:

Criminal minds!!! Love me some shemar moore and excellent crime stories. Debating if I wanna tape ot get Touch on demand later. Looms good but I already watch way too much Tv.

17. peggy says:

I really hope they show that preview episode of “Touch” again since my recording cut off right at a crucial moment. I guess it went longer than the guide had it set for.

18. Danielle H says:

We don’t tolerate trolls on this site, bug off.