TVLine Items: Gossip Girl Star to Blue Bloods, Private Practice Makes Bold Move and More!
TVLine has learned exclusively that Colin, who plays mom to Leighton Meester’s Blair on the CW soap, will guest star in a March episode of Blue Bloods as a love interest for Selleck’s Frank.
Her character, Melanie, is a high profile investigative reporter for an international cable news network who has been involved with New York’s top cop in a largely long-distance and very discreet romance. The lovers’ private and professional lives collide when Melanie is targeted by a dangerous assailant and Frank is tasked with hunting the bad guy down.
Fun fact: In addition to co-starring in Three Men and a Baby together, Colin crossed paths with Selleck in an episode of Magnum P.I.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
* USA Network is getting back into the reality biz with The Moment, a 9-episode series hosted by NFL star Kurt Warner that follows people who have been given a second chance to reclaim the career dreams they put on hold. It’s slated to debut this summer.
• Bold and the Beautiful star Ashley Jones (Bridget) will guest-star on an upcoming episode of Private Practice, CBS Soaps in Depth reports. No word yet on who she’ll be playing as she reportedly accepted the role sight unseen.
• Tia Carrere has booked a guest-spot on the upcoming fifth and final season of In Plain Sight, which premieres Friday, March 16. The Wayne’s World temptress will play Stan’s dance instructor, TVGuide.com reports.
• TLC has partnered with What Not to Wear co-host Stacy London on a new reality series about a Brooklyn-based boutique for plus-size women, per The Hollywood Reporter. London will executive-produce the project.
• Bravo has added a third part of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reunion, On Air with Ryan Seacrest reports, which will focus solely on recently rehabbed cast member Kim Richards.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?