UPDATED: NBC Picks Up 10 Pilots, Including Jason Ritter Drama and Roseanne Barr Sitcom
That NBC drama being developed by Parenthood boss Jason Katims for Jason Ritter finally has a title and a premise — and a green light!
The Peacock network has ordered a pilot for County, an hour-long drama starring former Event leading man (and current Parenthood guest star) Ritter about a group of doctors, nurses and administrators who work in a struggling hospital in Los Angeles.
NBC has also given the go-ahead for Chicago Fire, a firefighter drama from Law & Order boss Dick Wolf, and Downwardly Mobile, a sitcom starring Roseanne Barr as the proprietor of a mobile home park and surrogate mother to all of the unique people who live there in a challenging economy.
Other NBC pilots receiving orders Monday:
* Go On, a single-camera comedy from former Friends writer Scott Silveri about an irreverent yet charming sportscaster trying to move on from loss.
* Animal Kingdom, a single-camera office comedy centered on a House-like veterinarian, who loves animals but usually hates their owners.
* Friday Night Dinner, a single-camera comedy (based on UK series) about a quirky family that has dinner together every Friday night from Office EP Greg Daniels .
* Untitled Jimmy Fallon, a multi-cam comedy produced by Fallon that centers on three thirtysomething guys who enjoy the adventures of parenting despite the fact they haven’t grown up themselves.
* Next Caller Please, a single-camera gender comedy focusing on a brash alpha male DJ and his new, plucky, feminist co-host set in the offices of a satellite radio station.
* Untitled Hilary Winston, from Community scribe Winston comes a comedy about a a shy, focused woman who leans on her co-workers to help her come out of her shell and plot her revenge on the fiance who dumped her.
* Daddy’s Girls, a comedy about a young woman who returns home from overseas to find her father is seriously dating the “mean girl” from her high school.