Vampire Diaries' Kat Graham on Bonnie's New Guy, Parental Reunion and Face-off With Klaus

After losing her boyfriend and some of her mojo, The Vampire Diaries‘ resident witch Bonnie will soon find herself gaining a mom and a possible new love interest. But first, she’ll help her undead friend Caroline ring in her 18th birthday in this Thursday’s episode (The CW, 8/7c). TVLine chatted with Kat Graham about her character’s impending showdown with Klaus, long-awaited family reunion and more!

Vampire Diaries Preview: ‘Payoff’ for Damon and Elena, Love for Klaus, and Even More Originals!

TVLINE | This week is Caroline’s birthday. How does the gang celebrate the big day?
In an unpredictable way. And where it takes place and what happens during the birthday is also a surprise that I don’t think has been revealed yet. It’s not a normal birthday.

TVLINE | Caroline is struggling as she turns a year older. What’s going on with her?
Getting older is hard, especially if you’re a vampire. She’s facing new thoughts that she hadn’t necessarily considered before. Everything’s kind of triggered it. She’s also in a slump because of what happened with her and Tyler.

TVLINE | It’s been a while since we’ve had some good Bonnie/Caroline or just friendship scenes. Does this episode give you a chance to have more girl time?
Absolutely. Girl time is so important. We have this powerhouse female as a writer, Julie Plec, who’s just so girl power in everything she does. You’ll definitely get to see some scenes of us together.

TVLINE | What’s Bonnie going to do about her coffin dreams in upcoming episodes?
If she feels like anything is going to benefit everyone in the town or benefit Elena and their lives, she’s going to do it. When she realizes what they mean, she is going try and go after it and solve the mystery.

Exclusive First Look: Vampire Diaries Stars Get Sexy (Duh!) In Fangtastic New Photo Gallery

TVLINE | Will she be partnering with Stefan against Klaus?
[Pauses] Yeah. … [She and Stefan] have a really cool dynamic. He knows he’s just been off the deep end, so she’s going to be a little trepid with anything he presents to her. She’s going to want to really look into it for herself before she commits to anything.

TVLINE | If Bonnie is getting caught up in the coffin business, does that mean there’s another showdown with Klaus in store for her? The last one was pretty scary.
She is going to have to face him. You are going to see more scenes of Klaus and Bonnie, and her having to deal with him, but it might not be in the way you’d expect. Her motive is to try and get him killed. If she is in normal Bonnie mode, then she should be OK. If she’s weakened by anything or in any way, it could make for crazy, crazy times for Bonnie.

TVLINE | Could Bonnie find it in her heart to forgive Jeremy?
Yeah, but not forget. I’d like to see Bonnie with somebody who matches her more. Because she’s grown so much and gone through so much. I’d love to see her character with somebody who shares that. The Jamie character is perfect. Those scenes could be electric. But it depends on which way they’re writing it.

Vampire Diaries Sneak Peek: ‘Our Town’ Pictures

TVLINE | What’s Jamie (pictured on left) like?
You see him in [Episode] 312. It’s so interesting how they brought him in because we don’t know if he’s good or bad throughout the episode.

TVLINE | They’re also introducing your mom (pictured on right) soon.
Played by Persia White, which is really exciting because I love her! I loved her in Girlfriends. Everything’s pointing to Bonnie’s mother, and she has to go and find her and have a reunion with her. It’s not the kind of reunion she always thought it would be. It’s interesting, her mother’s stance on everything, and even if she would help Bonnie. Maybe she’s excited to see her, maybe something kept them from each other…. Her mom hasn’t been seen for 15 years, so we don’t know what happened to her.

TVLINE | What’s coming up for Bonnie and Elena?
A lot of cool stuff. Elena’s going to be going through her own thing with Stefan, and at some point, I’m going to have to be honest with Elena, even if it’s like, “I’ve been lying to you.”

1. faria shaw says:

ohhhhhhhh i love the vampire diaries.paul wesley,nina dobrev and ian somerhalder i love u all.STEFAN YOU’RE WAY HOTTTTTTTTTT.

2. Max says:

Love Bonnie (hope her charecterisitcs go back to pre deus ex mode) but I really want them to bring elijah back, it’s been way too long since his last appearence…

3. aliea shaw says:

vampire diaries rock.stefan you’re HOT……….

4. Josh says:

Yikes, that kid who played Jamie has been a horrible actor in almost everything I’ve seen him in…Hopefully he’s better here.

5. Saracen Riggins says:

I kind of could care less about Bonnie these days. But it sounds like there’s some interesting stuff coming her way, which will hopefully help me care about her again. But like the above poster said, I’m BEYOND ready for the return of Elijah. Best. Villian. Ever. Or almost ever.

• Danielle H says:

THIS. Thought I don’t count Elijah as a villian. He really helped our peeps @ Mystic Falls before he got staked.
      The thing I don’t get is why ppl like Bonnie so much; aside from Matt, she’s the most boring and grating character on the show. I don’t miss her a bit when she goes away.

• lana says:

Well I honestly find Bonnie to be the most interesting character on the show. Aside from obvious and admirable qualities like Loyalty, bravery, courage and strength, I think her story and her potential is really exciting. even more so now that the show seems to be on the verge of exploring that.

• Lexi says:

bonnie is the best character i love her!!!! and if you dnt like bonnie then thats you but you dint need to come over here and say things like “i dont get why bonnie fans love her” !!!!!!!!!!!! she the best !!! and she is not boring !! i cant wait for her and her mom !! so dont come over here and try to be a bitch because you will get whats coming to you! and if you wanna know the worst character check out elena that dam bitch needs to chose stefan or damon ! gosh she needs to grow up ! she needs a wake up call !

6. bonniefan says:

more Bonnie!!! stefonnie klonnie scenes coming up!!! cant wait! bonnies mom!!!! yes yes yes

7. Si says:

“You are going to see more scenes of Klaus and Bonnie, and her having to deal with him, but it might not be in the way you’d expect.”

They say Klaus will fall in love. It could be with Bonnie, I would love to see that, LOL! :D

Klaus is an AMAZING character, my favourite!

8. tara says:

Yeeeeees! More Bonnie the better. And I know I’m gonna love her scenes with Stefan who I also love.

9. Gia says:

I’m pretty sure it is bonnie that catches klaus’ eye.. I mean we know he likes him a witch no? Klonnie would be awesome!! Bonnie trying to figure out how to kill klaus, klaus falling for bonnie in the process would be incredible to watch!!

• Manie says:

YES!!! Someone else who thinks like me on that one!! This season second half is going to be quite something with Bonnie, Klaus and Stefan! I can’t wait for it!

10. Erin says:

They’ve been teasing a love interest for Klaus and some of these comments make me think that it could be Bonnie. Bonnie dealing with Klaus “but not in the way you’d expect”? And being “weakened” in some way against him? Sounds suspicious…but hopefully that’s not the direction they’re going. I kinda love the character of Klaus and I’m pretty sure pairing him with Bonnie would ruin it.

• Lexi says:

I don’t think it would ruin it. it would be good because it shows more of his human side when he has someone to love or care about. it would be very intresting to see how she would deal with klaus falling in love with her.

11. Carly says:

WOW! THIS 2ND HALF IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! AND WOW KLAUS IN LOVE? INTERESTING. YAY! MORE BONNIE FINALLY! :D

12. Charlie says:

Everybody luvs Bonnie bcos she is such a great and down to earth character just like Matt, the only thing i would luv 2 see her go badass evil witch!

13. sarah says:

Love this show
    I have loved Paul Wesley since he was guest stared on The OC!!!

14. jazz says:

Bonnie is my favorite character :)