Fox Boss Offers Renewal Updates on House, Fringe, Terra Nova and More!

Fox is delaying a decision on the fate of House. Ditto Terra Nova and Fringe.

The network’s entertainment president, Kevin Reilly, told reporters at the Television Critics Association’s press tour that he and House creator David Shore “agreed mutually to put it off until after the first of the year. We haven’t had that meeting yet.” Reilly acknowledged that he’s been “avoiding” a firm decision because “it’s hard to imagine the network without House… It [is] going to be a close call.”

Should this be the last season of House, Reilly insisted that fans will get a satisfying ending. “It’s not going to be an unceremonious finish,” he assured.

Reilly all but ruled out the possibility of a spinoff. “That time has come and gone,” he said. “David never creatively found something that excited him.”

Glee Spinoff Scrapped — Find Out Why!

Regarding the status of fellow bubble show Terra Nova, Reilly said a decision will have to come down in the coming weeks. “We’ll decide very soon, because it does need to get back into production in the next month,” he said. “If [it doesn't come back], we made money on it [and] the audience enjoyed it.” Reilly acknowledged that the show “was hunting for itself creatively through the season.”

Fringe Bosses Say this Season’s Finale Can Work As Series Finale, But Hint at New Home for Saga

As far as Fringe is concerned, Reilly conceded, “We lose a lot of money on the show. At that rating, on [Friday] night, its impossible to make money. We’re not in the business of losing money… [But] I’m not doing the soft cancel here. That’s another decision we will have to make.

“I do not want to drop the ball on the end and let the fans down,” he added. “Please don’t start the letter writing campaign now. I can’t take it. … We haven’t even sat down with the producers and the studio.” (Read more about the Fringe producers’ plan to end the series, if need be.)

Other highlights of Fox’s exec session:

* Allen Gregory is dead. Reilly confirmed the rookie animated series will not be returning for a second season.

* Reilly seemed to all but confirm that Steve Jones would not be back as host of X Factor in Season 2. After confirming that the show will undergo some changes during its hiatus, Reilly honed in on “the hosting gig,” adding, “It’s a much harder job than meets the eye. I think everybody now appreciates the value of Ryan Seacrest.”

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: News, Renewals, TCA Press Tour

1. anon says:

Needs to be cancelled ASAP…

• AmandaLynn says:

And bring back CHICAGO CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a shame that they cancelled this show! Tera Nova was good, but Chicago Code shouldn’t have been cancelled! The X-Factor seemed like it went on FOREVER and it didn’t do in the ratings what FOX expected it too do!

• Donald says:

What the hell?!?!?! What do you mean “cancelled asap?”

They finally get a good show and you want to cancel it… figures. I just hope your opinion counts about as much as mine. Nil.

I’ve read that the ratings were barely adequate because of so many people using DVR’s and watching the show at a later time.

WELL PEOPLE WORK YOU KNOW… !!!

A lot of people have to work more than one job just to make ends meet, and they don’t get time to sleep, let alone watch tv. So they have to watch it later. Big deal… at least they ARE watching it.

It really pisses me off to see a great show cancelled just because some fanatical DUMBASS wants yet ANOTHER freakin crime show… How many of those crime shows are there now? About 20? More? Give it a F’n rest already.

Science or fiction type shows are almost extinct because of stupid reality and crime drama shows… How about a variety for the other half of the world who DOES NOT LIKE cop, crime drama or reality shows? I get enough freakin reality every day in real life for God’s sake… I DON’T want to watch a tv show about it.

There really are a lot of us who like science fiction, comedy, or just plain science. So quit “hogging” the airwaves (so to speak). Let us have our Terra Nova and Stargate Universe type shows.
      Don’t be so damn greedy for Christs sake… there are over 500 channels now. YOU watch something else, and leave these shows ON THE AIR.

• Lindsey says:

We do not need another singing show. There is to many american idol, americas got talent, the x factor, and now the voice! The x factor needs to e cancelled and Terra Nova needs to come back.

• Carolyn says:

My family and I have been searching for Terra Nova for a couple of weeks now. We count down the days until we can race to the living room and watch this Great show as a Family. We have been very disappointed seeing House come on instead. So we turn it an go our separate ways. So the only show our house watches is Alctraz. Terra Nova was a great show we need it back. You left Us hanging when you took it off. Shame on you! The show was a great Idea for people like us. So you only have this t.v for one night again and you could have had two nights. Your loss!

• PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Keep Fringe! It’s actually got a decent story, full of intrigue and suspense, intellectually stimulating and it would be mad to let it go. Today’s TV producers can be so lame… always getting bored with a project and not finishing it off well. Only ’24’ had a decent finale… Why not do Fringe Season FIVE and go all out to actually finish well. The box sets will be awesome!!!!!

2. loma says:

Cancel House, keep Fringe!

• sara says:

House is still in the top 20 for the major demographic Why should it be cancelled? Its a numbers game and House’s numbers in the US are still among the best and internationally it is the most watched show in the world.

I hope Fringe is renewed, I don’t watch it,but I know alot of people who enjoy it. Why would anyone want other people’s favorite shows to be cancelled, I have no idea.

• qwerty says:

because House is crap & Fringe isn’t?

• Jimmy says:

Which doesn’t mean it’s not time for House to go. Better to go out on top than drag on until being unceremoniously cancelled. House has suffered creatively this season. Let it go.

• Ahem says:

Actually, House has suffered creatively last season. This season is quite good.

• Denia says:

I agree with you :) I haven’t seen s7 but I love s8 :)

• @Ahem says:

This i agree, this season is much beter than the last. It has a good old S1-3 flair. It needed some time to get used of the new team members but i like how they all interact with each other like a screwed up family and i like learned to like Foreman as the new boss. It is quite interesting.

• Urkel says:

Totally agree. Season 8 is the worst by far. Critics and fans seem to agree on this. Ratings are speaking. Time to let House go.

• selma&lol says:

critics and fans rejected house by 4 or 5 years, after season 3, the show loss his soul, quality and sense

• Joe West says:

Yes it is a numbers games and House pulls in half the ratings it use to but is costing FOX 4-6 more than it did when it hit peak ratings. As for the international viewers FOX makes ZERO off of them, it is not produced by FOX but NBC/Universal

• I says:

Nope. Not even in the top 25.

• KevyB says:

All three should go, regardless of what people think of their quality. Ratings keep falling for all three, and Fringe’s doesn’t have too much further before it’s down to zero. They canceled Chicago Code and the ratings were going up so for Fox to save any of these shows would be a joke. But then it was a joke to dump Chicago Code and bring back House and Fringe so who knows what these morons will do.

3. Barb says:

They need to finally cancel this show. It stopped being good awhile ago

• Saint Alicia says:

True, and it’s expensive as hell to produce. They’re probably waiting to see if they can negotiate a lower salary for HL; that’ll be the deciding factor.

4. CloisTiva says:

Well, for series finale I would like for Cameron come to the show as a guest star with an arc which ends with her marrying House ….love my ending <3

• Sally says:

Hehe, I’d love that ending too – it doesn’t have to include a wedding though, just a happy end with House finding Cameron and his happiness with her :D

• Joe West says:

For the series finale I want House to wake in Mayfield Psychiatric Hospital. His doctors and the workers at Mayfield Psychiatric Hospital are his colleges from Princeton-Plainsboro.

BTW one more season of 23 episodes will get House to 200 episodes, NBC/Universal might cut the amount it charges FOX just to get to 200 episodes

• Urkel says:

Well the show is already horrible. That ending would make it the worst show in the world. At least people would talk about it. Cameron—>ewww

• Ella says:

I love your ending too. ;)

5. Liz says:

I really hope that House gets a season 9. It just started to get better again after a lousy season 7 (the Huddy arc was horror for any non-Huddy fan). It’s not as good as the first three seasons, but still great. More, please!

6. Troyenne says:

I feel like House is agonizing this season, it’s time for the show to come to an end. Don’t wait after the season finale for a decision, I want a PLANNED series finale.

7. nikki says:

Just put the show out of its misery

8. Hannah says:

What does he mean by “not doing a soft cancel” on fringe?

• Eliz says:

It means he’s canceling Fringe. Like when a doctor says, “It’s not entirely bad, you still have six months to live.”

What a coward.

• Ben says:

He means it’s a cop out to use only ‘we are making a loss on it’ as justification to cancel, and that fans expect more justification than that for a show that is so good.

• Eurydice says:

He’s saying that we shouldn’t take his comments as a “soft” way to announce the show’s cancelation.

9. Dessy says:

I hate hearing about FOX ‘losing a lot of money’ on Fringe.
    I know it’s true, but it hurts.

10. mercie says:

They can cut down Fringe’s budget.. cut back on special effects, more product placement, etc. Product placement can be irritating but I will sit through all of it if it means Fringe will be renewed! Most amazing show on TV.

• Tracy says:

More Red Vines and Pop-Tarts!

• Ari says:

Agreed on the product placement. Some shows do product placement WAY better than others. On one end of the spectrum you have The Biggest Loser and Bob’s special time with Extra Sugar Free Gum. On the other you have shows like Cougar Town who regularly feature Subway but don’t shout “HERE IS A SUBWAY SANDWICH! IT IS SO GREAT! YOU SHOULD BUY IT!” I am ok with well done product placement, it’s a necessary evil in this day and age of DVR and online viewing. I am not ok with obvious 30 second infomercials for a product in the middle of a show.

11. StacyHouseCuddy says:

Oh look, two Hamerons! Always the same two though -lol

• Lou says:

What does it matter? So, someone likes a character that played a big part in a tv show and would like to see them back on the show- is it personally hurting you that people like different things? There are plenty of House/Cameron fans still watching the show actually- although a lot don’t bother coming here for this very reason. I hope you like the show still and enjoy the characters you like, but it’s stupid to laugh at them, especially if you want to be respected too.

I hope they do get renewed, just so it has an excellent ending! I hope Fringe does too! Come one Fox!

• Saint Alicia says:

Uh, cos “Liz” and “Sally” are the same person ;)

• @nosaintAlicia says:

No, sorry to disappoint you but they are not the same persons ;)

• Urkel says:

Yes they are the same person. Actually i think there are 5 hamerons. Not enough to make producers think about the ship.

• Serena says:

It’s so pathetic how much huddies are bitter and worried about hameron ship! Maybe because it was the main ship when the show was a real success with 20 millions viewers, 7/8 18-49 ratings and the show have all international critical acclamation and the greatest awards? So, I’m sure hameron fans are the majority of the real viewers.
          No matter how you strive here, everyone knows that the real ”House md” was of the first three seasons, when the show was a scientific series, there are the original team, patients at the center of the scene, and hameron was a main ship. Hameron was the better ship (with hilson) because don’t need to have ass, boobs and sex to make a ship, there are much attraction between House and Cameron eyesex than in two years of Huddy vulgarity. But the three immature huddies existing fail to understand this, look at the masterpieces like ”Silence of the Lambs” or ”The arstist” to understand what is a real great ship and a real great love story. And I don’t care about producers, because after Bryan Singer departure did not do anything good, sign that he was the only true genius here.

12. Joe says:

ugh that doesnt sound very good for fringe

13. TheFinalMan says:

How could so many people not understand the hilarity of Jonah Hill’s comedic styliings?

14. Kevin m says:

Renew Terra Nova. Like said above I’m not sure why people wish a persons favorite show would get cancelled. Guess it may help get their show renewed? Idk.

• Ari says:

I have to say Terra Nova got exponentially better once they ditched the story of the week format that plagued the first six or seven episodes. I would hope that if it is renewed Fox doesn’t force them to produce it with the formulaic story of the week format that they did for most of the first season. C’mon Fox, your viewers deserve more! That is how you get can’t miss TV! You have to make it CAN’T MISS! An episode that is not a part of a multi-episode story arc is not can’t miss, it’s I’ll catch it later.

• nadine says:

I agree, more Terra Nova!

• Justin says:

+1 for renewing Terra Nova! My #1 favorite show on TV now. This is by far the most interesting concept for a new show in a while. I’m tired of American Idol, X-Factor, and other shows like Glee…what FOX needs is diversity among their shows and TN has a storyline that can be expanded and created into many more successful seasons if they get even better writers for the show. Love the cast and how they all seem to work well together. TN is all about second chances, so FOX, please give this show a second chance!

Also, Fringe should also not be cancelled, or at least end the series properly. I’ve been a House fan too since the first season, but that show lost it’s way…end the series now with a bang before the show gets worse IMO.

15. Suhara W. says:

PLEASE FOX. You can do whatever you want with any of the other shows, but please, please please keep Fringe. Cut the budget in half if necessary just don’t axe one of the last remaining quality shows on TV. And before making a decsion they need to move it to any other weeknight even for 1 episode and see the dramatic increase in viewers… Friday night is not called a death-slot for no reason. And if there was any way for them to see the number of people watching Fringe that don’t have Nielsen Boxes, they would be shocked in how big the numbers are. Please. Please. Please.

• fauxlivia says:

THIS! They should cancel Terra Nova and/or House.

• Nicole says:

I completely agree with you. Fringe did great when it wasn’t on Friday. How about instead on having like 6 hours of American Idol on every week (which got old after season 5 and people just voted for the worst contestant), cut one hour of American Idol and put Fringe on after American Idol. It would have a great lead in and the numbers would improve dramatically.

16. pv says:

I really hope they renew FRINGE. A 5th season would be its last so its only one more year of investing before they can finish it. Plus giving it one more season would really ingratiate the fox execs to the fans.

17. ruan says:

Keep house keep terra nova, fringe sucks its a copy of The X-Files. So how about bring back the x files

• Tarc says:

Since Fringe is nothing like X-Files, your comment is moot.

• The Observer says:

I’ll agree that they are similar, but if you think its a copy of the X-Files you obviously haven’t even given FRINGE a chance. Any FRINGE fan/viewer would know that FRINGE has an entirely different story (one that is very well written and complex). The X-Files = extraterrestrial. FRINGE = Alternate dimensions and scientific cases. Both are GREAT shows, similar, and yet entirely distinct. So before you decide to make another (uneducated) judgment, first take some time to learn about whatever you decide to bash on.

18. mara says:

We need to start some kind of movement to save Fringe. We should send packs of licorice to the Fox headquarters. This would show em how much we love this amazing show!

19. Jarrod says:

“fans will get a satisfying ending.” – Yeah, we will once Cuddy returns, along with Jennifer Morrison character reuniting with Chase.

20. Barbie says:

Am I the only one who thinks Fringe’s a goner, House MAY be a goner, but they kind of have been implying for a while that Terra Nova needs to get back into production?

• Mico says:

You’re definitely not the only one. From that interview, I can tell Fringe’s wrapping up, House is on life support, while Terra Nova is returning. It kind of surprised me though that they made money out of it considering all the stuff we hear about how expensive it is. And that thing he said about TN hunting itself creatively last season is kind of a hint for me that they’d be willing to give the show a 2nd chance assuming that it has already successfully “found itself”.

• SonR says:

Fringe has been on the verge of cancellation for a long time, it sounds like it only got this season so the series could have closure.
        House needs to die,
        I think Terra Nova did find itself by the end of the season, the story lines were good. it should get a second season

• Mike says:

Terra Nova WILL succeed!

21. Claire says:

2012 cannot be the end of Chuck AND Fringe ! No no no no it really can’t ! Come on Fox, please :)
    I really don’t care about House, I gave up last year, but I’m supportive for its fans !

22. Sarah says:

I will watch every product placement they throw at me, I can deal with budget cuts, I can deal with a shorter season but do not just cancel Fringe for the sake of two mediocre shows. House hasn’t been on top of it’s game in years and while Terra Nova is enjoyable I will gladly have those two cancelled to keep Fringe alive, even for one more (short) season.

And you know what, America already has the Patriot Act so I’m all for just sticking a recording chip in every tv manufactured so we can get accurate ratings data. I hate that I can’t be that .0001% of the Nielsens people that they factor in. Three hundred someodd million Americans and I’m one of them that watches Fringe who has no box to let the world know. How many more are out there like me? Probably millions more than you think, FOX.

23. SonR says:

Cancel house Save Terra Nova!!

24. Camila says:

Gosh! I’m huddy and i don’t want you to cancel House! I know it’s having a low auddience and all,but i just can’t let you guys do this.House is my favorite show and it always will be.Sure,without Cuddy it sucks a little,but it’s still special! With Cuddy,without Cuddy,who cares? I need House.Please,don’t cancel House.They can make it good again!!! But if there’s no other way… Please make the end be worth it! Make it the best episode ever! Make it PERFECT!

25. Dani says:

Just end House before it turns into even more of a ghost of its former self. If they go into season 9 there’ll be serious budget cuts, which means they’ll probably go after RSL and Omar Epps in the same way they did LE last year. It’s not worth it when it’s evident most of the producers have new projects and HL clearly is happier doing other stuff.

Really sad for the Fringe fans. I don’t watch it, but it’s sad when a pretty innovative show gets rubbish airing times and as a consequence can’t maintain it’s audience.

26. Denia says:

HOUSE 2011-2012

q Top 20 series among Adults 18-34, Men 18-49/18-34/25-54 and Women 18-34

q Top 10 drama among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Teens, Women 18-34 and Men 18-49, and is #1 among Men 18-34

With the above results who can say that HOUSE must cancel? I didn’t like seasons 1 and 7 but I came back after 1,5 year and I’m watching S8… I really like the writing ,cases and all thing..Hugh Laurie is amazing after 8 years … I think that David Shore will make a good move…If this is gonna be the end I’m 100% sure that they are gonna give us a glorious end ,bloody and different … I just want to make a suggestion ..Let Hugh Laurie write some episodes..He has great ideas and a little bit different perception for his character… I vote for S9 because S8 looks good… When I first watched S7 first episodes I said enough ..this is the end BUT now I really want one more season.. I don’t think That Hugh Laurie wants but we’ll see…

27. Mitholas says:

I don’t watch Fringe, but I really hope for its fans that they give it one last season to finish it up. They’ve renewed it against the odds before, they seem committed to it. Sometimes it won’t hurt a network like FOX to keep certain shows alive, considering the fact Fox killed so many incredibly beloved shows (Arrested Development and Firefly… ‘nough said).

28. Dusty says:

I really hope they give Fringe one last season, announce it’s the last when they renew it (like Chuck and FNL), and give us fans a proper ending to an amazing show. I started watching it last year, and am FINALLY caught up with the current season and am ready to watch the next episode when it actually airs. I am happy that Fox has supported the show for 4 seasons, but PLEASE give it one last one. I agree with what other posters are saying and will also put up with as much obnoxious, in-your-face product placement necessary to give it one last season.

29. hello says:

To me it is more important to get a proper ending to Fringe than a fifth season. Please make a decision soon.

• Agreed! says:

I feel like this season was a gift! I’d be ok with just 4 as long as they know in time to end it well! Fringe has been on the bubble for so long that every season has really felt like it was beating the odds. While I would love to get a 5th season, I’m not going to be as angry if they don’t pick it up as I was about Firefly (ten years and it still stings).

30. cega says:

“agreed mutually to put it off until after the first of the year”

What does that even mean? The first what? First month? First episode after the hiatus? First ratings? First meeting?

31. Well. says:

Whatever they do with House, I hope they decide soon. It just doesn’t make any sense to wait until it’s too late for a proper send-off. And I hope, whatever they do, that they won’t bring Cuddy back. Nothing against the character but the fans of Lisa Edelstein have poisoned the fandom long enough. It’s time for someone else to deal with their bitterness and hatred.

• HouseObsessedAgain says:

I love House Season 8, maily because there’s no Huddy crapfest. I was rooting for an S9 until I heard LE might come back, which means I would stop watching. Either way, I’m okay with it. All good things must come to an end.

• LMAO says:

Oh yeah, Hamerons to the rescue! Talk about BITTER, HATEFUL and DELUSIONAL. Nice try.

• Well. says:

You are wrong. I don’t want Cameron to come back either. While her fans are much less toxic than the Cuddy fans, I think her plotline is over and done. It might astonish you, but there are actually more reasons to like House than shipping. Like, let’s say, there are more reasons to like Sherlock Holmes than shipping. The way I see it, House is a character study, not a soap opera. Just my opinion of course. (And before you now assume that I secretly ship House/Wilson, no, wrong again.)

• serena says:

Huddies are delusional and hateful, before huddies fangirls coming, House fandom was a pleasant place with there was respect for all. But huddies destroy all kidness. They are even going to insult Jennifer Morrison on twitter, what a shame. I miss the first few years, when everything was wonderful.

32. tamy says:

If they’ll not make Lisa Edelstein to come back House better to be cancelled! This show lost its special moments of interaction between Cuddy and House and we all lost hope that House will be happy. It’s just set of jokes like citcome. Give us Cuddy back and don’t cancell House then!

33. Jules says:

[H]ouse like a old wine,Better with age…and deserve to 1 more season to be able to close every chapters on each caracters and specially have time to DShore and HLaurie to create/end perfectly an ending very EPIC….
    And honestly, without my favorite addiction on Monday,my life&tv will be boring(even I’m still prepare for an eventual farewell)but as right now PLEASE FOX give yr best drama another season….
    As for fringe…Euh! Well I try! But a vague copy of xfiles and 2 weird world colliding dosent work all the time…But deserve to get renew more than Bones crappy get together/baby storylines…predictable and where is the chemistry???
    At least [H]ouse as that magical sarcastic chemistry (as mighty HLaurie hv on/off screen)
    with his team,Wilson and even his patients sometimes…that no others series has….
    So as my own addiction (glue to my tv) watching since day1 and even the repeats and taping ALL the promos…I’ll stick until the end
    that’s been call a TRUE HOUSEFAN!!!

Derseving to be renew
    1-[H]ouse
    2-Fringe
    3-Bob’s Burger
    4-Rasing Hope
    Derserving to disappear/Cancel 4Ever
    1-Tera Nova
    2-GLEE&New girl
    3-Bones

Plus,cannot wait until,(finally!) jan 23rd @8pm
    Returning to our spot & regaining #1 on monday nights…who’s idea/DOUFUS at Fox decided to flank the crappy avatar/fake dinosaurs&boring cast show before our favorite sarcastic limping diagnostician….hope he/her got a slap or got fired…terrible idea!!

34. Beth says:

I hope they renew terra nova, it’s interesting and different from other shows. Give it another season please you did make money and I’m dying to find out what the ship piece from the 1700s is doing in the middle of jurrasic period? Please renew!!

35. Ophelia Ward says:

Keep terra nova it is good. Stopped watching fringe first season. Gave up on House last year

36. bill norris says:

you forgot Reilly’s best comment about the fans….a tweet from someone there–( Kevin Reilly jokes that the #TerraNova #House #Fringe people get in a room,hold hands,wait for their fate.) and this guy doesnt want a letter writing campaign…he knows we use twitter/email and our buying power to do that now right? Reading the tweet peeved me off to no end. Talking about fans like that…if he said it, maybe he could expand on the statement so Im not so peeved.

37. keri says:

WHAT IS THIS F * CKERY. Fringe cannot be canceled. It’s the only show on TV that doesn’t rot brains. It’s humanity’s last hope in the terms of quality television. It can’t be canceled. If it is then we’re all going to turn into Jersey-Shore-watching zombies.

• Nicole says:

Seriously. I feel like any show that makes you think gets cancelled. Fringe is one of the few shows that I’ve seen that is intellectually stimulating. How about you cancel Glee after this season (the main/favorite cast members are leaving anyways which will eventually lead to cancellation) and give Fringe a real timeslot? Fox pretty much screwed over Fringe when they moved it to Friday (although I watch Fringe every Friday).

38. Jane says:

Dump fring! House is a great show. Get Lisa E back and the ratings will go up! They will keep terra nova with worse ratings due to th spielberg name. Sorry call it as it is!

39. Joshua says:

The thing is, if FOX gives Fringe a Season 5, we all know damn well Fringe fans will be begging for a Season 6 next year. “I just want one last year.”, “The show needs a good ending!” I know Reilly enjoys the show, but eventually you have to cut your losses. The fans are going to be upset no matter what season the show ends. I’m almost positive if I watched Fringe I’d be a fan of it. Strictly from a business standpoint though, it seems crazy to renew Fringe because Reilly was clear that they lose money on the show. What business wants to lose money?

• Mike M says:

I think you’re misunderstanding what the fans are asking for in regards to Fringe.
      The majority are wanting renewals because they fear it won’t be given sufficient notice to end and the story will be abruptly cut and end unsatisfactorily.
      Whereas if we went into a season with the network making it fully clear it’s a final season renewal then that gives the fans the reassurance that the writer’s have notice to write the show to a conclusion for all that’s been set up in previous seasons.
      If it was a procedural show then there would be no major problem with an abrupt cancellation.

40. maggie says:

I hope that before House ends that Hugh Laurie finally gets the Emmy that he so richly deserves. He’s created one of the all-time great TV characters, and played it too perfection even when the scripts weren’t that great. It would be shameful if he never got an Emmy for the role.

41. Reality Check says:

I’m fairly certain that, in the minds of Universal/FOX, House and Fringe are already cancelled. People don’t realize that Pan Am has been cancelled: the network still wants to make money from its sponsors; therefore, the news of its cancellation won’t be announced until after the Pan Am finale has been shown. I have a strong suspicion that this is also true of House and Fringe; they’ll announce their respective cancellations around the time of or after the season finales. That way, they won’t lose as much money. Business is business, after all. And there is NO WAY that Hugh Laurie will take a pay cut; the man is not stupid.

42. baxeckert says:

I’m a HUGE fan of House, but it’s time has come. I didn’t think I’d get used to the new cast members, but I think they do well together. It’s come down to just being the same every episode. Has a case, has an “aha” moment, solves the case. It’s played out now. I’d definitely miss it, but it’s time to say goodbye. On a different note, Terra Nova has turned out to be a very pleasant surprise! I’m loving this show and would be truly sad if it wasn’t renewed. Please don’t make me write letters =)

43. Pyewacket says:

As much as I’d like to see another season of House, I think it has run its course. It’s better to go out with a bang and be remembered as a good show than to wear out its welcome and have people think back on it as something that should’ve ended much earlier. I also think Hugh Laurie is tired, and wants to go on to do other things, like his music. No word of him extending his contract either, which is a big factor as to whether or not they can keep the show going another year.

44. Star says:

I love House and wish there was a few extra seasons. Other shows have gone on for much longer.

45. Joey says:

I’m a huge Fringe fan from England and this pains me to read. However, it’s also distressing to see fellow Fringe fans insisting other shows be cancelled for no clear reason. I have never seen House or Terra Nova but I’m completely aware of their loyal fan bases who would be distraught if their show faced the chop. Imagine how you’d feel if it happened to Fringe. And if this article is anything to go by, it likely will.

46. Joanne says:

I love this… “Please don’t start the letter writing campaign now. I can’t take it. … ” another words, “Please fans, DO NOT tell me how you feel about our programming…let me make my idiotic decisions in peace.” Gotta love TV execs.

47. kris says:

House has to go. seriously, this show is so bad right now.
    They have no crativity left and HL is making a fool out of himself…

48. Jules says:

Seriously! If FOX don’t renew or cancel [H]ouse -TV will be boring..and a BiG mistake and even possible that NBC can recuperate it (or theirs competitors) to reboots their prime!
    Whatever the decision, a true [H]ouseFan dosent desert or quit watching (like me and my friends) stick with it throught the HUDDY overdose and the stupid edelstein’s exit…
    Specially her weirds fans who we are better without them…but right now have nothing to watch…bcuz since her litlle 3 unepressive episodes arc on TGW…well…doing what exactly!!! Euh!…nothing!
    Frankly, I’m not in a hurry to see her crawling back to guest in the final episodes this year or “IF” we have 1more year…bcuz, bfore I dream “13” OWilde rtrn to close her own chapter and give us an ending to the beautiful promises between her and House…Plus she NEVER have any conflict/said bad thing in interviews in her regard to HLaurie or DShore…like Mrs Edelstein..
    Then..they can plan to give a proper Farewell or “I’m sorry/I forgive you…” between Cuddy and House to close their chapter…
    So all of you who left..c’mback and make the 2nd part of the season(or nxt year) the highest viewed-successful as season4 was…

• Urkel says:

Sorry are you on drugs or you were born like this?

• Sandy says:

Jules, please do us all a favor and go buy a new head, ’cause yours doesn’t seem to be really working right now..

And maybe with the new head you will finally be able learn how to write in English, allowing us all to understand whatever you were trying to say in your comment.

Don’t thank me!

• lol says:

Yep, our dearest “Jules” here is a perfect sampling of House’s audience nowadays. Nothing more to say.

49. Sam says:

Terra Nova has potential, hope they give it another season. I stopped watching House last season, if renewal was a close call before this season’s rating decline then surely it will get the axe now. Maybe it will stay if Hugh Laurie takes a pay cut though.

50. britishchris says:

OK I love House but I definitely think that it’s beginning to run its course. Might be time to cancel it and just air the reruns.
    Terra Nova was okay, but poorly implemented. It should get a second season but tighten it up a bit.
    Cancelling Fringe would disappoint me quite a lot, It’s a shame that they put it in the Friday night slot (shove some I Think I Can Dance On Ice With Sharks) show on or something instead, or just repeats of Cops or something. Everyone’s gonna be out anyway.