TVLine Items: Rick Springfield Rocks Cleveland, The Doctors Ditch Jilian Michaels and More!

Rick Springfield is bringing ’80s rocker chic to Hot in Cleveland.

The General Hospital alum will guest star as himself in an upcoming episode of the TV Land comedy, TV Guide Magazine reports. The story finds a fictionalized Springfield relocating to Cleveland and quickly setting his sights on Jane Leeves’ Joy.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• After just half a season, Jillian Michaels is out as co-host on the syndicated talk show The Doctors. “I have enjoyed my time on the show and the opportunity it provided me in my mission to help others improve their lives,” the former Biggest Loser trainer said in a statement obtained by the New York Post.

• Neve Campbell’s real-life brother, Christian Campbell (Big Love), will play her onscreen brother in Lifetime’s two-hour original movie/backdoor pilot, Sworn to Silence, Deadline reports. The potential series centers on a former Amish woman (Campbell) who returns to her farming community as its Chief of Police.

• Cybill Shepherd has landed a series-regular role in the Lifetime drama pilot The Client List, per Deadline. She will reprise her role from the 2010 TV movie, playing the mother of Jennifer Love Hewitt’s character.

• Former NBA bigwig Charles Barkley returns to host Saturday Night Live for a third time this weekend, and thanks to the following promo, we’re not totally dreading it. Though, to be fair, we really dig Bill Hader.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (8)

• Ten guesses who will be returning to Biggest Loser next fall? Anyone? Anyone?

Comment by Mika – January 4, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREED! When she’s got nothing better to do, she comes back to the Biggest Loser. She did it once before!

Comment by Jenny – January 4, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not surprised about that woman getting dumped by The Doctors. The hosts seem to make an effort not to be too bossy and judgmental, though any medical show is bound to have the problem (Dr. Oz is insufferable). But Jillian Michaels doesn’t seem to realize how annoying she is.

Comment by CJ – January 4, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I quit watching The Doctors because of her. Glad to know I can now start watching again.

Comment by Jaye – January 4, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sports figures rarely do well on SNL, I have no idea why even they’re cast. Aren’t there enough qualified comedians, actors and even singers? If it’s Mr. Barkley’s 3rd time hosting, I guess he must be OK. I hope.

Comment by Nadine – January 4, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she doesnt return to the biggest Loser she was so annoying the last two seasons….

Comment by mandy – January 4, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Jillian. She is far more inspiring than Ana, for sure! Slowly becoming a Dolvett fan but I do not like the rivalry that they are building between he and Bob.

Comment by Diana – January 13, 2012 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First off…Ana isn’t like Jillian. Both have different training methods. There is fiction between Bob and Dolvett so people watch it! Its boring if it doesn’t happen and NBC can sell ads!

Comment by Nelson – January 17, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post