Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: A Heartbreaking Royal Wedding Nears, and Sexy Red Is Revealed

Once Upon a Time‘s Prince Charming is heading for a wedding — and poor Snow White is none too happy about it, based on new photos from the Jan. 22 episode.

As previewed in ABC’s official synopsis for the episode, which is titled “7:15,” “Mary Margaret and David continue to grapple with their unrequited love, and Emma and Regina grow suspicious over a mysterious new stranger in town. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Snow White yearns to ease her breaking heart as Prince Charming’s wedding to King Midas’ daughter approaches.”

How will Snow cope with the looming event that threatens to waylay her hope for “happily ever after” with the gent she met under most unusual circumstances? perhaps, based on these pics, she’ll get by with a little help from her seven friends aka the Dwarfs. Or perhaps the note (love letter?) she appears to extricate from the leg of a visiting feathered friend will offer some solace? Or is the bird bringing/taking away some sort of potion…?

Once Upon a Time Hot Shots: Hansel and Gretel Visit Buffy Alum Emma Caulfield’s Creepy Blind Witch

Also in this series: a full-on look at Red Riding Hood (played by Meghan Ory), who thus far has only been fleetingly glimpsed at in the fairytale-verse, while her Storybrooke alter ego, Ruby, enjoys a smidgen more screen time. (The line to sign up as a Big Bad Wolf forms behind me.)

ABC’s Once resumes its freshman run this Sunday at 8/c.

Comments (35)

• It just keeps getting better and better. If a parent was reading this as a bedtime story, the child would never want to go to sleep at the end of a chapter.

Comment by Toto – January 4, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been looking forward to this episode.

Comment by Tim – January 4, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show! My favorites this year: Once Upon a Time, Fringe, Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, and Switched at Birth.

Comment by majamababe – January 4, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot get enough of this show. I love it!!

Comment by Jessica – January 4, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enjoy this show, but I’m having difficulty getting excited for it after Graham died :(

Comment by Phoebi – January 4, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • same here. His hotness will be missed :(

Comment by Catherine – January 4, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto. I atleast hope we get some Huntsman flashbacks in Fairytale world this season.

Comment by Paige – January 4, 2012 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • in fairytales everything is possible. so lets hope

Comment by makaay – January 4, 2012 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ruby looks amazing!

Comment by Kay – January 4, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just cannot get over how well these characters are styled…

Comment by Amber Louise – January 4, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone should tell ABC that the love is not unrequited. It’s quite requited. It’s just forbidden.

Comment by Jenn – January 4, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you. I was thinking that exact same thing when I read the article.

Comment by Godfrey – January 5, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm…this line caught my eye: “Emma and Regina grow suspicious over a mysterious new stranger in town”

I think this is a great direction for the show. Regina can’t always be a super beyotch, so forcing her to work together with her nemesis (similar to the Jiminy Cricket episode) should be delicious.

Can’t wait for the show’s return, though I still miss Graham. :(

Comment by cinephilactic – January 4, 2012 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Honestly, if they don’t eventually go for a redemption arc for Regina, I’ll be disappointed in the show’s narrative.

Comment by Denna – January 4, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How does someone who tore their father’s living heart out of his body redeem herself?

Comment by Toto – January 4, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • How does anyone? How does anyone like any of the vampires on The Vampire Diaries or True Blood? They’re always ripping hearts out of people’s bodies, yet they’re the romantic ‘heroes’.

Comment by xav – January 19, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You have to feel sorry for the villain ( Regina) otherwise there is no where for the plot to go. That is Writing 101.

Comment by RjrtistBrittickjr – January 4, 2012 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Recognizing that it’s not the psychopath’s fault that they’re crazy doesn’t equate to sympathy.

Comment by JJ – January 5, 2012 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you Denna but mostly because I find the “heros” of the story (Emma and the little boy) to be so annoying that I can’t help but feel sorry for Regina.

Comment by JJ – January 5, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t see any redemption in Regina’s future, unless it accompanies her death. Obviously, that’s not going to happen any time soon. We need her. I would like to see her lose a few battles, though, while the war wages on. Her complete domination over everything is getting a little tiresome. RIP Graham. Hope to see you again, Lovely, Lovely Man.

Comment by Crosby – January 5, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe I am just being nitpicky but shouldn’t the dwarves be..well short?

Comment by macontosh2000 – January 4, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In the scene where Snow is walking with the dwarfs, she is taller than them. And dwarfism is more about having limbs that are not proportionate to body length. Cee Lo Green is a dwarf, but isn’t all that short.

Comment by Tico – January 4, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have to agree with mac. They should have used the same forced perspective trick used in The Lord Of The Rings.

Comment by quangtran – January 4, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes the “dwarfs” should actually BE dwarfs. There are plenty of Little People actors that I would actually prefer to see playing the seven. What an insult to the Little People community.

Comment by gcem – January 5, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Probably too expensive for TV.

Comment by Godfrey – January 5, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just thinking that!

Comment by Anna – January 5, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Prince Charming and Snow White
    Yay!

Comment by Dessy – January 4, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to this. I think the Prince’s and Snow White’s story is one of the most interesting aspects of the show and Ginnifer Goodwin is such a good actress she really makes it that much better. Thanks for the scoop, Matt. :)

Comment by Natalie – January 4, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited for Ruby’s, I’ve always been a fan or Red Riding Hood. Can’t wait to see how they work out her origins.And how the differ in the two worlds. Well Ruby seems like a capital whore but not the point.

Comment by Lee – January 4, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I caught the marathon on Sunday, I’m hooked! Great show.

Comment by Nadine – January 4, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most magical show ever. It needs season 2 NOW¡¡
    Snow and Charming….OHHHH

Comment by fotreya – January 5, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Back at last!! I’ve been waiting impatiently, mostly after Hipster-Handsome-Sheriff-Hunter’s dead…

Comment by Tinemi – January 5, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now how in hell can Little Red Riding Hood get mixed up in Snow White world? I swear, this show is just so awesome! They probably should launch a book by now.

Comment by Leo – January 5, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was thinking that as well!

Comment by ag – January 19, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me to i miss graham he is sooo cute but i also like james he is also cute. Man and i hate regina she is annoying

Comment by letty – January 22, 2012 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post