Once Upon a Time Hot Shots: Hansel and Gretel Visit Emma Caulfield's Creepy Blind Witch

Once Upon a Time will enjoy an embarrassment of riches on Jan. 15 when the freshman smash introduces Hansel and Gretel and the Blind Witch (played by Buffy alum Emma Caulfield). And as you can see in the following photo gallery, the Evil Queen’s behind the fairy tale pile-up.

Seems her majesty needs an artifact that’s in the possession of the sight-deprived sorceress, so she coerces Hansel and Gretel into stealing it for her.

Once Upon a Time Preview Pics: Mary Margaret Clashes With David, Regina’s Fired Up and More

But as scary as the Evil Queen is, it’s Caulfield’s creepy-looking witch who really has us quaking in our boots.

“We couldn’t think of anyone better to trap two children in a house and try to eat them,” Once co-creator Edward Kitsis told TVLine of Caulfield.

Comments (33)

• I love emma =) I love anyanca =) I want emma caufild regular in once upon a time

Comment by paolo – January 3, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who’s Anyanca…I only know an Anya Christina Emmanuella Jenkins, born on the fourth of July and American as apple pie!

…Willow’s the demon :-p.

Can’t wait for this episode!! Lana looks great and Emma looks fantastic! Can’t wait to see her!

Comment by Josh – January 3, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I used to know Anya Lameassmadeupmaidenname Harris – but then…nah.

Comment by ultimate troll – January 4, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Evil Queen’s hairdo and hat….. I mean wow! But only Lana can pull it off!!! Can’t wait until Sunday!!!

Comment by Julie – January 3, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best New Show of the Season! can’t wait to see them build on Red’s story too.

Comment by Brock – January 3, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was the blind witch? I remember her being a little more uglier in the other episode.

Comment by Tay – January 3, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited for the show to return – love Emma Caulfield so this is a great start to the new year. How is this show grabbing all these great guest stars?!

Comment by bitchstolemyremote – January 3, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a great show with a lot of buzz, who wouldn’t want to guest star? With a lot of the crap Hollywood is producing, a guest shot on a small screen hit is a no-brainer.

Comment by Templar – January 3, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the evil queens sassy hat.

Comment by lolo – January 3, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma is fantastic, Anya was my favorite character… and she looks amazing!

Comment by Alex – January 3, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will these children have counterparts in Storybrooke?

Comment by JJ – January 3, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. Emma helps them find their father before they go into foster care.

Comment by xav – January 3, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesome job casting those kids!
    it’s Fringe’s Peter and Olivia taking a stroll on OUAT :D!!

Comment by cau7bispo – January 3, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha! that’s awesome :D I didnt even notice till you said it

Comment by Samisami – April 1, 2012 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the blind witch was old and ugly?

Comment by JJ – January 3, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These two kids played young Peter and young Olivia (in different episodes) on Fringe. Great actors, especially the girl. I think I’ll check this show out

Comment by Donna – January 3, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i knew it!!! but i dint remember when i watched those kids!!!

Comment by Lorena – January 4, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome show, I am so addicted. I love the characters,how everyone true stroy is being told, the timeline,the epic details. <3

Comment by vanessa – January 3, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show seriously needs to win an Emmy for Wardrobe – incredible costuming in every episode both in Storybrooke and Fairytale world!

Comment by Kari – January 3, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or does Emma look a lot like Laura Harris from Dead Like Me in these pictures?

Comment by Steven – January 3, 2012 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyanka you dummy get it right

Comment by amy – January 3, 2012 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lil Peter and lil Olivia and Anya!

Comment by E – January 4, 2012 01:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m losing interest in this show after they killed hot sheriff for no reason. They should have killed empty, one-note Emma instead. The actress from House has one face expression throughout the whole series. They made sheriff a real interesting and sympathetic character. And then killed him for no reason. It’s like when they cheated on Killing with the whole finale.

And remember how we were all happy when we heard that Pam from True Blood will play some evil witch. And we waited and then she appeared for some 5 minutes.

And I feel that show just stuck. They told us all about Snow White and her Prince. And about Evil Queen. And Henry’s and Emma’s story. And now show just stuck. Will it be about Evil Queen again? About how much she hates everyone and that she is bad person? We already know it. Do we need to see again how Henry tells Emma that they all are fairytale creatures and see how Regina is talking evil things and threatens Emma? Again? We saw that hundred times.

And you know when I saw how easily Regina killed poor Sheriff, in one second. And she actually liked and loved Sheriff. And then we see in every episode how Regina HATES Emma and she thinks that she want’s to stole her son… If this is so easy to Regina to kill people then she would kill Emma long time ago. Like in second episode. But you know that Jennifer Morrison is Lead Actress in this show so they can’t kill her. And it really brakes rules of the show. We suppose to believe that Regina would kill man she likes in one second but would not kill the woman she hates and think that that woman want’s to steal her son? Please. THAT is killing m.

Comment by Shy – January 4, 2012 02:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked the sheriff too, but Emma is awesome. I think she’s a great hero. She’s flawed but she’s not one-dimensional. She’s also the lead in this show so she’s not going away anytime soon. Although, if it was a hot guy instead of a kickass woman I’m sure there would be no complaints.

Comment by Whaa – January 4, 2012 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because she would have to kill Emma using non magical means. Emma doesn’t have a counterpart in the fantasy world like the Sheriff did. I am sad the sheriff died but it made sense. It was just a shame since he was our delicious eye candy.

Comment by LoveBug – January 4, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they couldn’t kill off Emma- you moron- that’s the whole basis of the show.

Comment by Justin – January 4, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I literally can barely understand what you are complaining about…
      I guess you want the sheriff back, but he’s gone in “our world.” However, hes not off the show completely…you will still see him in the fairy tale world. And Emma is the main character, so I highly doubt the show will go anywhere without her. I could do with less Henry though…sometimes he’s just very annoying. Just let it play out and stop complaining!

Comment by Alice – January 4, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Graham was starting to remember things from the fantasy world. They had to kill him off or he would’ve told everybody, somehow convince them all, and the series would be over. Although it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he came back somehow. Those ‘Lost’ writers can do anything and make it work.

Comment by sccidk – January 23, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see this episode, especially with that getup Regina/Evil Queen is wearing!

Comment by Monique – January 4, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the blind witch we saw in the thing you love the most is the one from Beauty and the Beast

Comment by Sami H – January 5, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope she is recurring, I love her! I hope the story of the witch doesn’t die like in the fairy tale!

Comment by Marcus – January 9, 2012 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can someone tell me the name of the lad who plays Hansel please?! He is the spitting image of my son………………

Comment by Kirsty Jean McKellar – September 26, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post