2012 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Axed? What's on the Bubble?

TV’s uneasy season is upon us. From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows will be back next fall and which will be join Lie to Me, Brothers & Sisters and Ghost Whisperer over at the MIA Network. (For the last time, MIA is fictional people; stop scouring your on-screen channel guide now.)

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the bubble, we present you with our annual easy-to-browse cheat sheet. We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so I strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. And for the record, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal index are as follows:
♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Getting Married, Dying, Breaking Up, Etc!

ABC
The BachelorA sure thing. Officially renewed.
The BacheloretteA sure thing. Officially renewed.
Body of Proof: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Castle: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Charlie’s Angels: Officially cancelled.
Cougar Town: Could go either way. Officially renewed… by TBS!
Dancing With the StarsA sure thing. Officially renewed!
Desperate Housewives: Officially cancelled; series finale aired May 13.
Don’t Trust That B—– in Apartment 23: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: Officially cancelled.
GCB: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Grey’s Anatomy: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Happy Endings: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Last Man Standing: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Man Up: Officially cancelled.
The Middle: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
MissingToo early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Modern Family: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a Time: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Pan Am: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Private Practice: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Revenge: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The RiverToo early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Scandal: Too early to tell. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Shark TankA safe bet. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Work It: Too early to tell. Officially cancelled.

CBS
2 Broke Girls: A sure thing. Officially renewed
The Amazing Race
: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
The Big Bang Theory: Officially renewed.
Blue Bloods: A safe betOfficially renewed.
Criminal Minds: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
CSI: A safe bet. A sure thingOfficially renewed.
CSI: Miami: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
CSI: NY: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially renewed.
A Gifted Man: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Good Wife: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
Hawaii Five-0: A safe betOfficially renewed.
How I Met Your Mother: Officially renewed.
How to Be a Gentleman: Officially cancelled.
The Mentalist: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
Mike & Molly: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NCIS: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NCIS: Los Angeles: A sure thingOfficially renewed.
NYC 22: A long shot. Officially cancelled.
Person of Interest: Could go either way. A safe betOfficially renewed.
Rob: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Rules of Engagement: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially renewed
SurvivorOfficially renewed.
Two and a Half Men: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Undercover Boss: Could go either way. A safe betOfficially renewed.
Unforgettable: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially cancelled. Plucked from the ashes and renewed!

FOX
Alcatraz: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Allen Gregory: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
American Dad: Officially renewed.
American Idol: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Bob’s Burgers: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Bones: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Breaking In: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Cleveland Show: Officially renewed.
Family Guy: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Finder: Too early to tell. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Fringe: A long-shot. Could go either way. A safe bet. A sure thing. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Glee: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
House: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
I Hate My Teenage Daughter: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Kitchen Nightmares: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Napoleon Dynamite: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
New Girl: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Raising Hope: A sure thing. Officially renewed
The Simpsons: Officially renewed.
Terra Nova: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Touch: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
The X Factor: Officially renewed.

NBC
30 Rock: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Are You There, Chelsea?: Too early to tell. A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Awake: Could go either way. A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Bent: A long-shotOfficially cancelled.
Best Friends Forever: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Betty White’s Off Their Rockers: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Biggest Loser: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Celebrity Apprentice: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Chuck: Already canceled; two-hour series finale aired Jan. 27.
Community: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Fashion Star: Officially renewed.
Free Agents: Officially cancelled.
Grimm: A safe bet. Officially renewed
Harry’s Law: Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Law & Order: SVU: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Office: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed
Parenthood: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Parks and Recreation: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Playboy Club: Officially cancelled.
Prime Suspect: Officially canceled.
Smash: Too early to tell. Officially renewed.
The Firm: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Up All Night: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed
The Voice (Season 3): A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Whitney: A long-shot. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Who Do You Think You Are?: Officially cancelled.

THE CW
90210: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
America’s Next Top Model: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Gossip Girl: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed.
H8R: Officially cancelled.
Hart of Dixie: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Nikita: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
One Tree Hill: Officially cancelled; series finale aired April 4.
Remodeled: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Ringer: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
The Secret Circle: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Supernatural: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Vampire Diaries: A sure thing. Officially renewed.

GET MORE: Cancellations, News, Renewals

1. alex says:

how is nikita a safe bet, as much as I love the show, I just don’t see how it’ll get renewed with those ratings, do you know something we don’t?

• hayleyscomett says:

I really like Nikita! I actually like it better then I thought I would. Last two episodes were terrific!

• The ratings are similar to nearly EVERY other show on The CW, and it airs on Friday, when fewer people in general actually watch TV. Therefore, the numbers are actually bigger in comparison to other CW shows like 90210 and Gossip Girl, who air on nights when more people watch TV but actually get around the same ratings as Nikita.

• Brandy says:

Networks don’t look at total viewers but the demo & ringer,Nikita are tied for second lowest rated cw show at 0.4-0.5. for the second half of the season. Only remodeled, h8tr,la complex did worse in demo. Nikita’s total viewers are now below 1.50 million viewers just like most of cws other shows.Nikita is the lowest rated,least watched show on Fri.

• Michael says:

yeah and SPN is the 2nd lowest so what is your point exactly and big deal all CW shows is the lowest. Brandy you dont have any clue what you are talking about and in your hate for Nikita you are forgetting that it gets 0.4 on a friday in the freaking springtime at 8. where so many are out enjoying the sun and going out at 9 most are home again.

Man i cant wait to see Nikita renewed just to see you look like a dumb fool like you are doing even now.

2. hayleyscomett says:

RINGER AND ALCATRAZ DESERVE A SECOND SEASON!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DON’T LET THESE GREAT SHOWS GET CANCELLED!!!!

3. GuyRX says:

Can’t wait for NIKITA SEASON 3

4. Chris says:

Nikita, with a stinktastic .4 in the demo yet again, is a “safe bet”? ROTFLMAO, you must be on something really good!

• Taylor says:

yet have you seen the ratings for other CW shows and they do NOT air on fridays and even have lower viewer numbers than Nikita.Thats why Nikita is a safe bet. I rest my case

• Michael says:

Taylor is right. Also there is more Nikita isn’t a freshman show either so Nikita’s ratings on a friday is actually way better than all CW’s freshman shows.Yes a safe bet

• Chris says:

Taylor is wrong. Nikita does worse in the demo than the CW freshman shows with the exception of Ringer. No, NOT a safe bet. A terrible bet.

• Chris says:

Supernatural is also on Friday and has the stinktastic Nikita as its lousy lead-in, yet it flops every single week. Total viewers don’t matter; the demo does, and there Nikita does worse than every single CW show except Ringer (and now the Canadian import The L.A. Complex). Nikita is not a safe bet; it’s dead. I rest MY case, chuckles.

• Michael says:

you are completely insane

Nikita is a safe bet and its coming back seen deadline what they said about Nikita it has a very good shot of coming back. 0.4 in the demo on fridays in springtime against avengers premiere is way better than all their freshman shows getting 0.6-0.5 on the weekdays.If you cant see that then something is seriously wrong with you.

Also seen the ads in hollywood reporter and variety. Noway they are going to buy ads for a show they already cancelled or will in less that 2 weeks. Nikita is coming back it is huge overseas for them and noway would a show like TSC that gets 0.5 after TVD do better than Nikita on a friday with no lead in.

I know you are a Nikita hater but if you cant admit all this you are pathetic.

5. Isabella Whitton says:

I was so worrying about castle and revenge but none of the abc shows are renewed (officially) so I’m now only worried instead of super super super super worried

• Lauren says:

You really don’t need to be worried at all about either. They’ll both be renewed. Neither of them are bubble shows.

6. Alexis says:

COME ON CW! Renew Supernatural and Vampire Diaries already!!!!!!!!!!

7. Jim Schultz says:

Whitney Must Go for the SAKE OF HUMANITY.

8. Alex says:

I so need a season 2 of Ringer!

9. Megan says:

Any news on Breakout Kings being renewed for Season 3

10. B says:

Aww I love Missing, I hope it gets some sort of renewal or at least a chance to give it a decent finale.

11. Keenan says:

I’m thinking it might be a blood bath at the CW to make way for a few of those new shows if Secret Circle or 90210 actually got the axe i’d be suprised but i think 1 might.

• Inside news says that 90210 will stay, but Secret Circle is definitely on the bubble. It’s been struggling lately, and I actually do watch and enjoy the show in general, but I’d be OK with its leaving. Ringer is most likely leaving, too, as well as The L.A. Complex and Remodeled in additino to the already ended H8R and One Tree Hill. That frees up spots for about 4 season-long shows.

12. angelstorm says:

Yes ! loving the Nikita status change !!

13. Jenny says:

I’m really sorry to see both Body of Proof & Harry’s Law on the ‘could go either way’ list. Here’s hoping both are renewed.

14. Nancy Bailey says:

Just heard the news this week that Fringe has been renewed BUT for only 13 episodes, so far……come on give us a full season! Really hope the writers do 13 kick butt shows that we get a full season!

Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle most likely/positive they will be renewed.

NCIS again? I never watch this show, that’s why I loved Fringe on Tuesdays (first season) at least i could watch something else (still do anyway!)

:) Person of Interest was renewed, excellent new show!

Still hoping Alcatraz will be renewed, so many questions not answered yet!

15. B-Dawg says:

Please god make them renew Castle and Supernatural!!!! If they don’t I’m never gonna watch television again!!! (It would be to painful) :'(

16. Fear Factor?
    The L.A. Complex?

Don’t Trust the* B—– in Apartment 23

17. Laura says:

I just want the networks to renew The Secret Circle, Suburgatory, Revenge and Once Upon a Time now. I know Castle and TVD are probably gunna be renewed and Ringer will probably be cancelled but PLEASE GIVE IT AT LEAVE 10 MORE EPISODES!

18. Elizabeth. says:

ringer really needs a second season, there’s still way too many things that need to be shown, they can’t just cancel the show. They should make a second season or if they don’t do that the least they can do is make one more episode where everything gets cleared up and answered.

19. hayleybb says:

Please do not cancel MISSING! It is SO good! Ashley Judd is fantastic in this new show. Everyone needs to watch it! Also I REALLY hope that Ringer and Awake get renewed!!!!

• Ryan says:

Amen. I didn’t think it would be good, but it’s picked up the pace halfway through. I think it could survive not too many more episodes or it becomes repetitive, but 1 or 2 more seasons of ten episodes.

20. Liv says:

I can’t imagine my life without a new SVU every week so I practically need that show to be renewed. Even though the ratings kinda suck, Mariska has signed on for a 14th season and since it’s s safe bet, it better be coming back! And yes, I have no life but I’m perfectly okay with that. I also love Criminal Minds, Parenthood, and Hawaii 5-0 so I’m hoping they all get renewed if they haven’t already. But SVU absolutely HAS to come back or I’ll probably die. Well, not really but I would definitely cry.

21. tvaddict says:

I am getting really nervous about The Secret Circle now. Hopefully it survives. It is such a good show

22. Dave Eubank says:

Has the list NOT been updated since January?

23. SUEBOOH says:

PLEASE KEEP MISSING

24. Tan says:

I want Ringer to come back for a second season. Fringe is great too. I am tired of Gossip Girl, 90210, LA Complex shows that are nothing but every character sleeping with another character every week. Who cares? I enjoy shows that I have to watch every week to keep up with what is going on in the show. I enjoy Supernatural also. It does have some slumps in the later seasons, but I still enjoy watching it. The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle are pretty good too ( If you are into the vampire/witchcraft thing). I don’t watch Hart of Dixie or Nikita, but people who do seem to love it. I just don’t want Ringer canceled. It is my Veronica Mars of Tuesday nights and I really enjoy it. Fringe is awesome to watch over the weekend too.(I Tivo it because it is on Friday nights….just like I did Smallville.)Suburgatory and Revenge are also some of my favorites.

25. Bianca says:

They have to renew TSC!!!!ITS MUCH BETTER THAN NIKITA OR RINGER!!!!Hart of Dixies ok, but why would they not renew TCS???

• Michael says:

much better than Nikita is this a joke lol. You do know that Nikita is CW’s most critically acclaimed show right and it is a huge international seller for the CW and warner. TSC is nowhere

26. dkamoy says:

Is it still “too early to tell” for Touch? ;)

27. Supernatural official renewal announcement in a few minutes..be ready

28. Dee Kottkamp says:

Damn, I want Alcatraz back! Is there a petition anywhere?

29. Jacqi says:

Please let RInger come back! :( Love that show!!! Thats the only show I watch the cw now that one tree hill done.

30. msmarci says:

Um, The Office should just be cut.now. Have any of TPTB actually watched it since Carrell left? Horrible. Unwatchable. NBC just needs to accept this and move on.

31. Amber says:

Yay so happy the TVD, 90210,and SN all got early pickup =) know hoping Hart of Dixie and Secret Circle will also

32. Giovanni says:

The only shows I watch that hasn’t been renewed are Revenge and Modern Family, and I’m completely sure it will.
    I watched the whole first season of Nikita and it was pretty great, season 2 started and I lost interest, but if it gets renewed I will watch it again.
    TSC started so boring, yet I kept watching for Kevin Williamson, and it got better with every episode, But i’m way behind, like 10 episodes, so, if it does not get renewed, I won’t watch them.
    Cancel Gossip Girl, please, it’s just a waste of space.

33. Brandon Rowe says:

Why is Unforgettable a safe bet? Everyone else says its toast.

34. abcneedshelp says:

Love HART of DIXIE I get to laugh at all the under the table comments they really need to keep that.. Been watching Nikita from the beginning really like the story lines and bringing people in and out of groups.. I watch Ringer is it good, not knowing who is coming after each of them. Secret Circle is good just growing slowly seeing teens grouping together to help each other and the constant unknown people good to see. Will miss One Tree Hill was a great run.

35. Angi says:

Ringer is the worst show I’ve ever seen. And I love Sarah Michelle Gellar. Total disappointment.
    Totally stoked for TVD. OUAT needs to be renewed, for sure. Heart of Dixie too.

36. Julie says:

Oh I so wish the finder would be renewed

37. David's the Man says:

I guess that makes David an obvious “winner”, right Davey Boy? LOL

38. Dana says:

Does anyone know of a site that’s like this but that watches the renewal odds of cable shows? I can find several sites that give odds on broadcast but none for cable.

39. tvismyradio says:

I’m worried about the Secret Circle. It’s the only show I enjoy that I’m not certain of its renewal chances. I’d say I can’t believe The CW would cancel it and pick up 90210 and burnt out Gossip Girl instead, but then this is the network that brought us a reality show called Farmer Wants A Wife and cancelled my beloved Veronica Mars. Yes, I’m still mad. Anyway, it’s a real shame if TSC doesn’t get a second series. I think it took them too long to get going and people lost interest, but the last few episodes/latter half of the season has been a blast to watch.

40. pryncess slaya says:

I am so sick of them cancelling good shows and renewing all these stupid reality tv shows.

41. Rove says:

i find it ironic and frustrating that the only show on the CW with a fresh and interesting plotline that leads to the writers needing to know if they’re having a third season to decide if they wrap it or blow it wide open is the only show we’re still waiting to hear on. especially after the CW promised they’d announce EARLY if it was to be cancelled or not. i wish they’d put us out of our misery already and tell us Nikita’s fate.

42. jennifer says:

Does anyone else wonder who is in these demographic groups???? Who is responsible for what we get to watch???? I have been suckered in by ABC way to many times to count and then they drop a great show without so much as an explanation or sorry….it was not working but lets reward you with a last episode to give you some closure…..Yes…Yes…I know it is only t.v. but they are trying to hook as and make us be a part of their fantasy but they can’t expect us to just shake our heads like an “Etch a Sketch”and forget characters we have come to relate to or sympathize with……I still have not gotten over that piece of S***t that ABC called the end of lost…all those catch up episodes and look for the clues and then a great big “Hey Moron, we can’t believe you fell for that…they are…hmmm…..hmmmm… oh yeah …um…um… they died” what ever…..I took a chance with Flash Forward and they just walked away like we had a quick dream one night…no explanation and of course they threw in Lost cast to pour salt in our still yet to heal wounds……

43. May says:

Dear frak, when will ABC announce their schedule? They’ll probably renew Castle, but coming from ABC, you’ll never know.

44. do you ever put renewal lists up for showtime and hbo shows?

45. Zabuza345 says:

i cant understand why t.v shows get cancelled we want quality of shows not the quantity of viewers e.g supernatural its just been renewed for a new season even though season 7 had only an average of about 1.8 million viewers, and good quality shows keep getting cancelled with like 6 million its just frustrating =/

46. Michele says:

AWAKE (one of the 4 shows I watch regularly and I haven’t watched tv regularly since the 70s), and Community, and Up All Night, and Bob’s Burgers, Fringe:

SMART, INTELLIGENTLY WRITTEN, FUNNY and/or POIGNANT, ENGAGING, and A POSITIVE DIRECTION THAT TV SHOULD GO FORWARD and NOT get cancelled.

47. kelly says:

please don’t cancel Body of Proof. I love that show. never got boring!

48. Tara says:

The possible cancellation of Ringer bothers me. We finally get Sarah Michelle back on the WB – now CW and even after great ratings out of the gate it still may be cancelled because of low ratings. it sucks! I wish they would factor in people who watch these shows online. This show keeps my husband and I on the edge of our seat each week! There was even an online petition to keep it on. It’s very frustrating because they didn’t exactly end it in the season finale. Instead it’s a cliffhanger and we may never get to see the resolution :-(

49. Ryan says:

Too bad about Missing, The River, and The Finder. I like those shows. I think Missing has a limited concept but they could do another 2 or 3 seasons of 10 episodes each then call it a night.