Vampire Diaries Sneak Peek: Damon and Elena Share a Moment! Plus, Bromances Back in Bloom

The wait for a new episode of The Vampire Diaries is almost over, and as you can see in this new photo gallery, Stefan’s absence in the Jan. 5th installment will lead Damon and Elena to grow even closer.

As executive producer Julie Plec previously teased to TVLine, the pair will be “very, very, very angry at Stefan.” But that doesn’t mean they can’t find some heated alone time together, right? After all, they’ll be “fraught with sexual and romantic tension” while Stefan is MIA.

Vampire Diaries Finds 2 New Originals and More!

Damon and Elena aren’t the only twosome working together. Damon and Alaric’s bromance is still growing strong, and it appears Tyler and Jeremy have renewed their short friendship too. But not everyone’s chummy: Stefan and Tyler both have confrontations with Klaus in the second episode back, “Our Town,” airing Jan. 12.

Check out the gallery below, which also includes “Our Town” sneak peeks of TVD star Paul Wesley’s wife and One Tree Hill alum Torrey DeVitto as Alaric’s new love interest, Caroline’s unconventional 18th birthday, and Damon and Sheriff Forbes back at work.

1. Ari says:

I can’t wait! Tyler is looking fine! Hopefully he has gotten over his douchey attitude from earlier in the season!

2. Haren says:

YES! THE TYLER/JEREMY BROMANCE IS BACK!! FINALLY. I’VE BEEN WAITING!!!!

3. Elli says:

Looks all kinds of good. Got say my favorite couple of this whole gallery is Damon/ Alaric.Although Damon & Elena look pretty cute together too.

4. Kami says:

Yay I can’t wait! Elena and Damon are so cute together! Please please let them be together!!

5. ALEX1452 says:

As long Delena isn´t propped up at the expense of Stefan since he did it all for Damon.

6. Kim red says:

Yay!! So excited!!
    Team Damon-he is so hot!!
    Although I’m all about Stefan/Elena
    I love Tyler and Jermey
    Alaric is awesome(:

7. A says:

Delenaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!<3

I can't wait! :D They look so cute together ^_^
    Damon & Elena FTW!

8. Caitlin says:

Yes! Damon and Elena belong together!!!! <3333

9. Theo says:

I hope they don’t do that thing where Delena get to the point of coupledom then she finds out what Stefan did to save Damon and then she goes fighting for him to return to the martyr he was and etc. Delena atleast deserve a chance and yay for the Jeremy and Tyler friendship. There scenes are always nice.

• Mimi says:

Oh god if that happens, I WILL SERIOUSLY STOP WATCHING now that will just break my heart into pieces I mean that totally sounds like something Elena will do.

10. Suezzanne says:

I lv both the salvatore brothers bt stephan en elena wa jus the perfect couple.damon tho is stil hot n irresistable.jere en tyler with the bromance,thts jus kul

11. TV fan says:

So, lame and lamer …if this show wouldn’t be on the CW it should’ve been cancelled by now. Thank God Once Upon a Time, Being Human and Grimm came to save us from mediocre TV like this!

• Danielle H says:

I normally ignore haters, but you are just ignorant in and of yourself.
      This is the one show I seriously live to watch each week. It is incredibly fast paced, throws season finale worthy cliffhangers into nearly every other episodes, the actors are great/sexy/very watchable, the writing is really good, and the show somehow still is relatable even in the crazy world it’s set in.
      This show is what TV NEEDS to be about. I am waiting w/ baited breath for Thursday!
      O, and OPAT is the mediocre one, the stateside Being Human isn’t even watchable, and I stopped watching Grimm after 5 episodes because it was going nowhere fast. But to each his own.

• Adrian says:

I agree the show is completely lame and a waste of my time, they should focus on The Secret Circle and leave this s**t to rot

12. LJ says:

I really hope Stefan and Elena stay a couple, he did everything to save his brother. I love them together. I really don’t like her with Damon as a romantic couple, and I don’t want to see him “turn into the good guy”. He is so much more fun to watch when he is conflicted and their scenes together that way are great.

13. Victor Hugo says:

lol, Vampire Diaries is going to steal every supporting Actor from PLL?? First Claire Holt and now Torrey DeVitto? xP

14. Scotty says:

BRING BACK ELIJAH

15. miko says:

i can’t wait to see TVD next part it will be awsome.Elena and Damon 2gether hopfully wow.

16. Lisa London says:

Just flicking through the photos… an intense reminder how EVERYBODY is insanely good looking on this show. Can’t wait for some Damon-Alaric bromance! Ric sure is forgiving of things such as angry Damon snapping his neck earlier this year…

17. Holly says:

OMG I can’t wait to see what happens with Elena and Damon. They are sooooo cute together!! I am really upset that Anna is dead :( her and Jeremy were just as cute acouple as Elena and Damon!! :)

18. kara147 says:

Damon is soooooo hot and I think he and Elena should totally be together!!! Go team Damon!!!

19. Me says:

I looks like iJustine finally managed to get a part on TVD! Good for her! It must be awesome to work on a show you’re a fan of (especially if it’s choke-full of hot guys like this one is :P).
    P.S. Can’t wait for thursday to come!! I want to see more Delena, more Forwood and more Elijah :)

20. nightmagic says:

I cant wait for these episodes .Damon and Elena have so much chemistry .Its good they have been getting slowly closer .What a fantatic show this is .It just gets better and better .Also i love the bromance between Damon and Alaric .

21. shannon bowen says:

Does elana and sefan get back together in the new season 3 series????? I hope they do