The Secret Circle Hot Shots: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner!

The Secret Circle is about to get an infusion of power — from Charles’ mother, Kate!

When the CW series returns Jan. 5, Mama Meade (Hunter alumna Stepfanie Kramer) will be dropping by Chance Harbor, and we’ve got a first look at her unexpected visit.

Spoiler Alert: Secret Circle Boss on the Fall Finale’s Major Cliffhangers and What’s Next!

Diana is thrilled to see her grandmother, but her presence means trouble for Charles and Dawn. You see, Kate is a very powerful Elder — “maybe more powerful than we’ve seen with Henry and Jane,” executive producer Andrew Miller previously told TVLine. “[She] will have certain abilities to sense things.” Like the world’s most awkward dinner party with Charles, Dawn, Diana and Cassie, in whom Kate takes an interest.

Meanwhile, it looks like Cassie’s dark power may prove life-endangering for Adam after she enlists his help with a secret about herself.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts/predictions.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Sara says:

I can just look at pictures of Gale Harold all day long… wait, I have! :D I wonder if Shelley Hennig has a crush on her “dad?”

2. Jess says:

Sticking with this show just for Gale! Yes, fans of the other characters/actors can hate on me all they want, but I’m just speaking the truth. GH really raises above in his portrayal!

• Lisa says:

Gale Harold is why I watch the show too. I’ve watched him in everything every since I saw him as Brian in Queer as Folk.

Poor Stephanie Kramer to play his mother. They have children really young on this show. She’s only 55 and he’s at least 40.

3. Waiting for Jan. 5th says:

I’m really looking forward to this episode. Everything about it just looks and sounds exciting. Plus from all the interviews about what’s being said for the second half of this season when the show returns just sounds amazing! To say the least, this dinner looks like it’s going to be an intense scene!

4. DVJ Photo says:

Stepfanie Kramer is still beautiful.

5. BHM1304 says:

Stephanie Kramer looks gorgeous. Amen to this casting decision.

6. Dee says:

Finally caught up with the last 4 episodes of the year. It is getting good.

So who is Cassie related to? That gorgeous blonde boy?

Stepfanie is still beautiful.

7. Danielle H says:

Britt seriously needs an acting class. I mean, her facial expressions are severely distracting. I think I would like this show alot more if the lead was more engaging honestly.
    Think this could be interesting w/ the mother coming in. Who else sees the chemistry between the prinicpal and GH in some of these shots?? They are getting together before seasons end, mark my words.

• Ciara says:

I disagree…I think she’s a lot more relateable than most teen TV show leads. For example, Nina Dobrev obviously has talent, but even she can’t make Elena work. Elena is this whinging, hypocritical mess of a main character, which is an extremely difficult character type to relate to. In a way, Cassie is just as difficult a character. She’s not annoying in that way, but she’s going through a s**tload more than having a brooding vampire boyfriend that drinks blood. She’s doing a pretty damn good job with Cassie, but then again, she hasn’t had a HUGE challenge with the character yet. Still, take a look at her work in Life Unexpected. She’s better than most stars her age, which is – really thinking about it – saying a lot.

• Katy says:

Have to diagree here Ciara – I find Cassie to be terrible! The first few eps of thsi were truly trrible. It has started to pick up a little bit, but it will have to have a seriously kick a$$ second half to keep me interested. And as for Elena? Cassie lost her mom and then found out she was a witch. Elena lost BOTH of her parents in a car crash where she was teh soul survivor, she then finds out that her new boyfriend is the one who saved her – becuase she looks like his ex girlfriend! He goes on to tell her she is adopted. She had to deal with her younger brother’s drug problems in teh first series, then he fell in love with her best friend before cheating on her with his dead ex girlfriend. Her ex boyfriends little sister was turned into a vamp by her current boyfriends older brother and she is subsequently killed, Her best friend is a witch who hates her noyfriend cos her grams did a spell to help him and it killed her. Her other best friend gets turned into a vamp. She has to deal with the woman that her bf and his brother were in love with, who just so happens to be identical to her, she has vamps after her al the time. She lost her aunt and mother figure/friend in the same night that she looses her uncle – who also just so happened to be her biological father, never mind the fact that she found out her mother is the dead wife of her history teacher/ aunt’s bf/ vamp hunter AND she’s a vamp AND she too dies in front of her. And that’s just the cliff notes version off teh top of my head. But no, poor Cassie, she has to deal with teh death of her mom an dthen becomign a witch and being in the WEAKEST love triangle in TV history with a boy she has ZERO chemistry with! Nina Dobrev is an amazing actress who pulls off both Elena and Katherine seemlessly and has incredible chemistry with all of her cast mates.

• Katy says:

BTW I’m not trying to belittle the loss of a parent, I’m just trying to understand how on earth cassie has been through a s***load more than elena. Maybe if the show is lucky enough to last 3 years (which I don’t think it will, by this stage in season 1 TVD was simply unmissbale, addictive, suspensful and the characters were fully developed), then it will be a different story as I’m sure they can cook up a lot of pain and anguish in that time. But at the moment, nothing all that shocking or sad has happened. Even Nick’s death, though shocking, was unremarkable. I didn’t care neough about any of the characters to be all that upset.

8. Tracie says:

Did I miss something?
    Why is Cassie at a dinner party with Diana’s family and Dawn…with no Faye?
    I mean, you’d think if Dawn was there then that would mean they were trying to play up the “dawn and charles are dating” lie they’ve told their children, but why isn’t Faye there? I’m just confused… guess we’ll just have to wait to see.

9. Becky says:

Stepfanie Kramer. That is name I haven’t heard in forever. She is a great actress. What a winning addition to the cast!

10. SKFan says:

Can’t wait to finally see Stepfanie Kramer on TV again. Would be awesome if she becomes a common occurance on SC! Hint, hint!

11. Mike L. says:

Stepfanie Kramer has always been an outstanding actress! Cannot wait to watch her again.Kudos for bringing this amazing star into your cast!

12. Jackie says:

Stepfanie Kramer is incredible talent.Can’t wait to watch her.Just have to say…I’ve never seen a “grandma” look that good!

13. Karl says:

I’m a big Stepfanie Kramer fan.I am 32 years old and I would so date her!She is hot!Is she single???

14. verybookish says:

So excited to see this episode! Love the pics of Gale Harold! He is the reason I am watching the Secret Circle, and he is completely gorgeous. These pics of him are amazing.

I can’t wait to see what Charles and Dawn are doing, and what happens with his mother there.

I agree that it would make more sense if Faye was at this dinner than Cassie. But then, I like Faye more than I like Cassie, plus I love seeing Faye and Diana interact.

15. sarah says:

Why is Dawn at Charles’ house for dinner? They are not dating, it seems random especially as Faye is not there too…..I can see Cassie there as her and Diana are friends and I bet Diana is her sister….

• Kristen says:

My guess is b/c Diana really believes that her dad and Faye’s mom are dating. So I’m sure she mentions something to her grandmother, and then she insists Dawn come to dinner.
      Not sure how Cassie gets invited, but I’m sure we’ll find out.

16. Morgan says:

Yay! TSC and Gale will be back on my tv soon… :) can not wait!!!

Think Jake and Cassie are perhaps half brother and sister, he knows it, and it’s why he would not kiss her when she tried to kiss him. JMO though….

17. jo says:

I have been a Gale Harold fan since QAF, and am so happy for the part (they should use him more)he has in TSC. I think that he has added so much to this show, I started watching because of Gale, but his great acting has caused me to pay more attention to his co-actors. He seems to make them as important to me as he is. Maybe I am wrong about this but when Gale is in the sceen, you/I seem to pay more attention to the others and the way they seem to react as real people not sceen players. (Gale has a way with his acting and facial expresstions of taking you in and of keeping you atuned to the situation/sceen at hand) This ability I think brings that out of the other players as well. Of course this is just MO. Love the show, can’t wait for 1/5.