Soaps Dish: Two OLTL Men Heading to GH?

At least two Llanviewers rendered “homeless” by ABC’s cancellation of One Life to Live (and Prospect Park’s decision to bail on the soap’s online continuation) may soon relocate to Port Charles.

Though unconfirmed by an ABC rep, Ted King, who played OLTL‘s Tomas, is due to start taping scenes for General Hospital next month, our friends at ABC Soaps in Depth report.

SID hears that Michael Easton (aka OLTL‘s John McBain) is set to join GH as well.

SOAPnet’s OLTL Marathon Includes Karen Wolek Confession, Tina Over the ‘Falls, Time Travel

King, of course, previously played two Alcazar brothers, Luis and Lorenzo, on GH — both now dead — but it’s not clear if he would play yet another member of the international crime family or a brand-new character.

Easton has never appeared on GH proper, but did play vampire Caleb on the ABC sudser’s spin-off, Port Charles, where he was paired with Kelly Monaco’s Livvie. (Monaco now plays GH‘s Sam.) SID hears from at least one source that Easton will likely bring his OLTL crime-solver to Port Charles.

Both King and Easton had signed on to be a part of OLTL‘s online continuation, but Prospect Park pulled the plug on that venture in late November. Thus, OLTL‘s final episode will air Friday, Jan. 13 on ABC.

Finola Hughes Returns to General Hospital for Robin’s Exit Storyline

Earlier this month, there was talk that another OLTL vet, Bree Williamson (Jessica), would switch to GH, though an ABC insider told TVLine that was a “big fat rumor.”

GH fans, do you want to see King play yet another Alcazar, perhaps one of the “dead” bros, or someone new? And do we think that McBain can make a dent in Sonny’s crime empire?

Comments (69)

• I love that Michael Easton will still be on air. He’s great.
    Although I love Ted King…if he plays a third Alcazar, it’ll be weird. And if he plays someone else, it’s still gonna be weird.
    So….why bring him?

Comment by Julie – December 24, 2011 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They managed to successfully have Sarah Brown play two separate characters so we will see.

Comment by Amanda – December 24, 2011 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Good point! Just give Ted King some frosted tips and…. :-D

Comment by Danyelle – December 24, 2011 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ted King can play Timecop on GH now.

Comment by CJ – December 24, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wierd is normal in soaps. I love John Mcbain and think he will be great in Port Charles. They need him in that police dept. As for KIng, I’d love it if he came as his current character on OLTL. I’m personally tired of the Alcazars.

Comment by GHfan 34 – January 11, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Micheal Easton rules and has chemistry with just about everyone I just think they will bring him on as a cop and then hes on the other side of my favorites Jason sonny oh well and how r they going to bring him on as Micheal McBain if Natalie and Liam are not with him:( I loved him and Kelly Monaco as Caleb and Livvie but will always want sam and Jason but If they dont bring Melissa archer then Im sure theyll find someone Im sooooo happy I thought if they could just bring Bree(Jess)Melissa(natalie)Cassie(Blair)micheal(john)and kirstin kristin(starr) to GH it wouldnt be the same as OLTL but the next best thing Ive watched OLTL 25 yrs and gh 30 it just isnt fair they r my only escape and I thought it was bad when they took super soap away Blair and john are hot together if they brought blair as I think CARLY AND JOHN WOULD BE HOT AS FIRE BUT IF MICHEAL HAD THE SAME CHARACTER THEYD BE ON OPPOSITES SIDE OF HER BEST FRIEND AND BABY DADDY i JUST CANT WAIT THANKS GH FOR BRINGING MICHEAL ON

Comment by angela – January 11, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • In regard to Angela’s response (she doesn’t capitalize so it’s hard to follow her comments); I was just wondering if anyone remembers when it was so sad that Sam lost a baby and her ability to have another? Did she somehow have a transplanted womb? I wish that the writers would do their homework! It must be hard to come up with another slutty sort of character for her. This actress is so much better than this~Why not team her up with Easton again (ABC’s Vampire soap), maybe he could be the father of Sam’s baby and the baby comes out looking like a vampire! haha

Comment by P Donaho – February 2, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Love your idea about sam and john mcbain, loved their chemistry on port charles its the most intense ive ever seen with 2 characters and i love the chemisty between them this time around too! Gh give us more!

Comment by priscilla – March 24, 2012 12:14 PM PDT
      • Thanks GHfan~Ditto what you said!

Comment by P Donaho – February 2, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi, Here is my 2 cents: I think that because General Hospital is dark and named wrong thanks to the writers (S/B called Mobsters and Guns). You should have a brand new police story where King could be bad head cop, and Easton good (or the other way around) I like the Mcbain character very much. I’m so very tired of gangsters and mob leaders- why can’t we have some law and order and older doctors on the scene at GH. I’m also tired of hearing Sam whisper. Why can’t she be a happy person and smile once in awhile, her character as a moll depresses me. She could be so much better. How about it ? King and Easton together again!

Comment by P Donaho – February 2, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully the return of Ted King would mean the return of Robin Christopher as Skye!

Comment by Snapy – December 24, 2011 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Easton would be playing John McBain on GH? Not that I’m a fan of theirs, but what does that mean for John and Natalie?

Comment by Snapy – December 24, 2011 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hope that they keep the story line of John and Natalie and Liam going!

Comment by Becky Seymour – December 24, 2011 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love it if they keep John and Natalie together on GH; because they make a good couple.

Comment by brenda4697 – January 2, 2012 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • when will Michale easton start on General Hospital can you reply ASAP I am dying to know I love Michael Easton

Comment by luciana – February 3, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • those of you who say john and natalie made a good couple obviously never watched port charles caleb and livvie look them up on utube HOT HOT HOT!

Comment by priscilla – March 24, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by ANGELA – January 11, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YES BRING JOHN,NATALIE AND LIAM TO GENERAL HOSPITAL..WOULD BE GREAT…KEEP STORY GOING…EVEN JESSICA AND RYDER WITH JAMES NOW ALONE WOULD BE GREAT ADDED TO GENERAL HOSPITAL

Comment by WENDY – January 13, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • bring john and natlie toqthers on general hosptial <

Comment by jackie lutes – January 16, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hopefully the end of them.
      I love love love Michael Easton, can not stomach him with Melissa Archer/ no chemistry at all. He definately needs a worthy love interest.

Comment by Cathy – January 27, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree with Cathy about Michael and Melissa~Not good together at all! If John McBain needs a love interest it should be someone older, like a Cougar. His character shouldn’t be a settled in husband and father-Just my opinion~

Comment by PDonaho – February 2, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this. King back as lorenzo would repraise a lot of good story lines, and if they’re bringing easton as mcbain they better bring natalie as well!

Comment by emily – December 24, 2011 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wouldn’t John take one look at Lorenzo and wonder why he looks just like Tomas?

Comment by Snapy – December 24, 2011 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Remember Kelly Monaco was Livvie on PC–Kevin’s daughter…Kevin was from GH and they all lived in Port Charlies and several regular GH people guested on PC yet when Kelly started playing Sam no one in town thought she resembled Livvie. And both Sarah Brown and Tony Geary have played two different characters on GH and no one noticed.

Comment by JAmandaFan – December 24, 2011 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Port Charles took place in a parallel universe where vampires existed. Sarah Brown doesn’t count because someone else was playing Carly during her second stint. Geary’s other character was related to Luke.

Comment by Snapy – December 24, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • flove me some soap news. Ted King is yummy

Comment by lipsticksocialism – December 24, 2011 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are SOOOOO many other characters I’d rather see continue than John McBain.

ABC is so stupid for doing all this….ok, stupid is the wrong word…but certainly uncaring for their long time fans.

Comment by Ralph – December 24, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. If you’re going to bring over guys from OLTL, start with Roger Howarth, Tuc Watkins or JP Lavoissier.

Comment by nyguy – December 24, 2011 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that OLTL has many characters that I would love to see continue on, but I do love me some John McBain. I would be devastated if they separated John and Natalie for this. Even though I was initially hesitant to jump on that bandwagon, they are now one of my favorite soap couples. If they bring Melissa Archer on also, I may be forced to start watching GH again which will upset my husband who thinks he is in the soap opera clear in a couple of weeks.

Comment by Nichole – December 26, 2011 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Michael Easton should be on GH as John McBain. GH has not had a good cop role stoy going,since the actor that played Robert Scoripo. They need to get another story line going like that. I have been watching GH & OLTL as well as PC ever since the first air date on all three soaps.Michael easton is one of the best actors there are in the soap world. He would be a great asset to GH!I hope he never goes away! I will dearly miss his good acting ability if he chooses to move on.

Michael Easton – if you move on I wish you all the best luck in the world. I will be one fan that will be watching out for you in TV as well as in the Movies!

Comment by Bev Charrette – January 2, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they bring the Kramer women to GH. Kassie DePaiva and Robin Strasser would spice up the show.

Comment by mike – December 24, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would LOVE to see Robin bring DOCTOR Dorian Lord to GH as the new Chief of Staff! She could also be Edward’s new love interest.

Comment by Snapy – December 24, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would love the Cramer women to go on GH! I was never a huge GH fan but I would start watching it a lot more now that John McBain and Tomas will be on that show! General Hospital needs to spice things up.

Comment by M – December 28, 2011 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree!! I’m so sad to see OLTL vanish. How can you truly end a soap? You can’t! Not and have it make sense. :( I NEVER watch GH but I would if they brought some more of the OLTL characters over. It would be good for them to do so. I especially think they need to keep the John, Natalie, & Liam story going since they’ve just confessed their love for each other today once again and things are good between them! ABC should combine the two soaps and make it a one and a half hour long show. I have no doubt it would increase GH’s fan base!! :)

Comment by Ima – January 11, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Ted and Robin I’d start watching again for Skyelo. I hope they don’t waist him on Carly.

Comment by Kandi – December 24, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael Easton would be great on GH! GH needs a hot and sexy character to spice things up in the bedroom and Michael (John) will deliver! Just leave Natalie in Llanview. I’ll follow Michael (John) whereever he goes!

Comment by TD – December 24, 2011 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Michael Easton come back and be paired back with Kelly Monaco!!

Comment by Jill – December 24, 2011 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! thats what ive been saying!!!!

Comment by priscilla – March 24, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oooh Ted King as Kelly Monaco’s dad! I mean he is a mystery. Only not as an alcazar… because well Alexis killed one… awkward

Comment by Lisa – December 24, 2011 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is good news but I NEED Bree Williamson to come over to GH! That would be amazing news! My Christmas wish is to have my two favourite soap women (Kelly Monaco and Bree Williamson) on the same show.

Comment by Captain – December 24, 2011 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lorenzo Alcazar………yum, yum, yum……he and Tamara Braun’s Carly will always be one of my favorites……I’ll take him back any old way, though……and Michael Easton, too – Michael Easton has been in the soaps I’ve watched almost as long as Tony Geary lol…….

LD

Comment by Linda Dowell – December 24, 2011 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So King wasn’t making enough $$$ on his tool infomercial?

Comment by socalgal – December 25, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love them to bring as many characters from Llanview to Port Charles as possible–then expand GH to two hours.

I love the fact that ABC has a cooking show (chow down) and then a fitness show back to back–makes no sense–not that I would ever watch either one of them, anyway.

Comment by susan montez – December 25, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only proof that Alcazar was dead was just Skye hearing and a recording of him saying “Morgan” and then a gunshot. I always thought he would just be hiding out from Sonny and Jason. The character was too good to kill off. With Lucky gone, the PCPD does need another cop.

Comment by amb – December 26, 2011 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I believed that John McBain would be permitted to work hand in hand with Mac Scorpio to take down, arrest and throw Sonny and Jason in jail, I might find this satisfying. But, John McBain and Natalie Buchanan together as a team and couple is a requirement for me watching. And I don’t get the sense that R. Carlivati likes the character of John let alone the couple of John and Natalie, judging how he’s written their story the past year and how he’s disappointed so many fans.

Comment by sharon – December 26, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember the What If Videos. One of my favorites was Livvie… oh I mean Sam with Caleb… I mean John. There was even a poster behing them written Caleb and Livvie or something like that. There was Sonny and Erica Kane also and Geary and Sleezak too. Good thing they are bringing him along. However, Ted King needs to return as presumed dead Alcazar. They never found his body and Skye will be in danger… Question… Why the heck was Robin Christopher not part of the final episodes of All My Children or OLTL ? She could of been the catalyst to bring people from both shows over?

Comment by televisionplus – December 26, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TK and ME can be Dolphin-men from the lost city of Atlantis for all I care. Just bring them on!

Comment by Alexis – December 26, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope the micheal easton scoop is real i loved him as caleob on pc but i perfered him as the bad boy then playing the cop. He played opposite of kelly monaco so i could see a triangle with him and jasam in that case not sure who i would vote for lol. To be honest gh hasn’t had much reason to watch so bringing michael easton on would make me watch i do hope it is a new character someone more like caloeb rather then john. As for Ted King I don’t know if playing a third alacazr is really a possiablity it would be to strange but since the audience never really knew what happened to alcazar they might just pull a mistaken death not like they haven’t done that before. They did with brenda we saw brenda’s car go over the cliff but somehow she survived and luis son was shot by sam and he managed to come back as did stavros cassidine even though he died on screen so anything is possible.

Comment by Hallie – December 26, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To be honest I don’t see Micheal Easton playing John again I think it would be to complecated and hard to tie his character in with the gh characters more then likely he will be a new character tied to someone in pc. If i was to guess i would say something to do with the mob more then likely the zaccarah’s

Comment by Hallie – December 26, 2011 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG not OLTL they already done away with all my children that show has been on a long time. All my children I watched the first episode with my Granny when I was 5 and now I’m 47 and watched the last.

Comment by Sonya – December 26, 2011 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They never found Lorenzo Alcazar’s body – so he could totally come back as Lorenzo! WHICH I LOVE. He was one of my favorite bad guys ever.

Comment by Caitlin – December 27, 2011 02:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully it means the end of John and Natalie once and for all. GH doesn’t need another “Natalie” on the canvas. Never liked the character so I’m hoping that it disappears.

Comment by TJ – December 27, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not stand John McBain the character or the guy who plays him; bad actor! BUT, the woman who plays Natalie is even worse. If either comes to GH I will be annoyed beyond belief; as it is I fast forward by them in OLTL. Bring on Ted King in any way, just do it quickly!

Comment by aej – December 30, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I TOTALLY AGREE!

However, Ron C. LOVES Easton so IMO, Michael will definitely come to GH and again be getting paid his big salary for doing mediocre acting! I am so sick of this boring actor, IMO, he was a big factor in causing decreased ratings for OLTL from 2008 thru 2009. As usual he only stopped walking thru his role once the show cancellation was announced in early 2010.

I think he’ll be continuing his role of McBain on GH and I hope Sonny knocks him right on his skinny ass. GAWD! If McBain brings Natalie with him, I won’t be watching GH at all!
      JoLie is a Disgusting couple; I Despise MA/Natalie and the age difference between ME/McBain and Natalie is greatly emphasized by Nat’s presence and MA’s over bearing acting; Easton looks like an impotent skinny old man chasing his wet dream of the immature noxious Natalie.

Prior to 2008 I liked Michael Easton, sometimes loved him; he used to be a sexy leading man and a good Actor. I feel his past persona and good acting could be again ignited with a good Actress who is closer to his age range and SEXY! But, Coupling with MA/Natalie makes Easton look bad and totally brings out all his negatives!

Comment by 5Danielle – December 31, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in favor of Ted King and Michael Easton going over to GH. I think Ted King did wonderful as the Alcazar brothers so, it wouldn’t hurt to have one of them rise from the dead. I see that many fan of John and Natalie want them at GH…not going to happen. That ship has sailed!!! I’m in favor of John and Sam because they have great chemistry!!

Comment by dlastqueen – January 7, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • team caleb and livvie! i mean john and sam! he he

Comment by priscilla – March 24, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • King could be the new mob boss trying to take over, Johnny and Sonny team up to keep Port Chuck, Easton teams up with Max to try to bring peace..good story lines

Comment by gj – January 8, 2012 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why bother going over at all? as when Katie Couric gets her talk show in the fall,ABC pulling the plug on General Hospital. In many TV markets especially on the west coast the line up will be as follows in many areas.
    12:00 Local News.
    1:00 The Chew
    2:00 The Revolution
    3:00 Dr, Oz
    4:00 Katie Couric. No GH.
    5:00 Local News in many areas. Why put off the enviable job search seach as ABC wants out of producing soaps.

Comment by Sammy Joe – January 9, 2012 02:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just be real and tell the viewers the truth ABC. When will General Hospital be cancel? I have tried to hang in there with ABC when you cancelled All My Children and One Life to Live. Enough is enough, what do you want ABC? I know it does not matter to ABC that I with not watch The Chew and The Revolution. To the cast and crew of the ABC soaps…this could be a blessing, keep the faith and look to the hills which cometh your help, it comes from the Lord which made heaven and earth. I miss AMC, OLTL and GH. Be Bless

Comment by 2012Debra – January 25, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG if they get John McBain on Gh i would totally watch it then i LOVE Michael Easton!!l

Comment by Alena Mayer – January 10, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dang…here I was hoping that John Easton would come back as Caleb. Port Charles was before its time, and it won the daytime grammy award for best soap opera the year they took it off the air. Let’s get that vampire rock going again!!!

Comment by Leslee – January 10, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As for Michael Easton coming to GH..I welcome it….ME can play a Special Detective from Landview here to investigate the killing of Franco…They would interview all the people who came in contact with him..

And do the intrerviews one on one…

maxie…sonny …spinelli…carly….jason.
    And Sam finally….
    The writers should look how Y&R wrote
    for the mystery killing of Diane..

Looking forward of Michael Easton..
    Kelly Monaco and Steve Burton having
    Scenes together…

Comment by Sal – January 10, 2012 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Michael Easton, can’t wait to see him on GH whoever he plays. I don’t particular want to see him go against Sonny though (he’ my favorite also). Please don’t bring Roger Haywarth on. He is a trader when he left OLTL and went to another soap. I would also love to see Trevor St. John on GH (he and Michael Easton would make good rivals). For sure I would also like to see the little boy who currently plays Sam on OLTL come to GH, he is adorable and I love the way he acts on OLTL. Plus he is John McBain’s honorary deputy, so they need to stick together.

Comment by Dinah – January 11, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say bring all of OLTL actors to GH and get rid of some of the actors on GH. OLTL is a much better soap than GH.

Comment by Carol – January 14, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a big fan of both OLTL and GH. It’s a sad day when the networks care more about shows that degrade women such as Bad Girls Club, Teen Moms, Mob Wives and Jersey Shores instead of shows that tackle real life issues. Just maybe the networks are run by men that see women as brainless robots that exist for the pleasures of men. I hate to think that this is what our society has come to. Instead of us changing the immaturity of our young, they have stripped the foundation of our intelligence and given us an incapacity for thought. We as a society have become our own worst enemy-the young and ignorant.

Comment by ej – January 14, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Natalie has to come as well John would never be the same without Natalie. They will take port Charles by storm. There son should hook up with Carly daugheer

Comment by Charlece bradley – January 15, 2012 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First of all the whole situation is ridiculous – cancelling all our soaps. With all the comments on tons of sites, threatened boycotts, petitions etal, the train still left the station. They don’t care about us millions of boomers who are fast becoming the majority of consumers. These Chew/Revolution will be short term! I’ve only been watching 5 yrs & on Soapnet, all 5. OLTL was my fave, then Y&R, GH, DOOL & AMC in that order. But ever since the return of Brenda, GH dropped down a notch and hasn’t recovered. Fans are right about it being driven into the ground purposely. The SL’s getting old – carly “keep my children safe” baring her teeth, Michael “I wanna be in the mob”, robin/patrick even more insufferable than JaSam, Lisa a timewaster. And WU w/Maxie? Liked the old one. Can’t stand the new winey one. Same w/Kate – new one is boring. Just think they’ll blow this ME opportunity. I hope not and my heart goes out to all u 40+ yr viewers. Have begun weaning myself onto other networks since Soapnet will be ending soon.

Comment by new soapnut – January 16, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post