TVLine Items: Real Housewives' NeNe Visits Glee, NBC Plans Super Bowl Live-Stream and More!

Glee is about to get Real.

Infamous Real Housewives of Atlanta star NeNe Leakes has landed a multi-episode arc on Fox’s musical comedy, playing Roz Washington, McKinley High’s synchronized-swim coach and the latest lady to ruffle Sue Sylvester’s feathers.

Glee‘s Lea Michele and Chris Colfer revealed the casting news Monday on Bravo’s Watch What Happens: Live.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Big news, football fans: NBC has announced plans to live-stream this season’s Super Bowl (airing Feb. 5) on NBCSports.com, NFL.com and via Verizon’s free NFL Mobile app.

• Playboy Club alumna Naturi Naughton has joined the cast of Lifetime’s series adaptation of The Client List, Deadline reports, playing a “hard-working masseuse” at the not-really-a-massage parlor.

It’s (finally) official: NBC is hosting a birthday bash for Betty White on Jan. 16. The special, titled Betty White’s 90th Birthday: A Tribute to America’s Golden Girl, will feature her Hot in Cleveland co-stars as well as Ed Asner, Mary Tyler Moore, Hugh Jackman, Jay Leno, Amy Poehler, Carol Burnett, Joel McHale and William Shatner. It will be followed by a sneak peek of the hidden camera series, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers.

Dick Clark Productions is rebooting the 1980s hit TV Bloopers and Practical Jokes, to launch in syndication in fall 2012. The new version will be called Bloopers.

• Sundance will air encore presentations of its SAG and Golden Globe-nominated original film, Appropriate Adult, on Tuesday, Dec. 27 and Thursday, Jan. 5.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. DrBravo2 says:

Wow. I usually have no problem with Glee stunt casting (Bring on Gloria Estefan and Ricky Martin!). But NeNe Leakes? Ugh. Why? She’s a totally vile person and has nothing to do with music.

• Devo says:

Why does she need to have anything in common with music? The show has plenty of guest stars who aren’t music-oriented. Besides, she’s playing a swimming coach, not a rival glee coach or something like that. She’s a polarizing character, with more sass than you can shake a stick at. I, for one, think it’s going to be hilarious and I look forward to her appearance!

2. Tom says:

I’m happy for NeNe. She’s a hard working woman and she deserves any success. I despise glee and stopped watching at the top of the second season. This is exactly the kind of guest start they need instead of hokey musically inclined Grammy and Oscar winners. Plus NeNe does sing well. It’s better than having Kim Zolciak. This shows the amazingness of NeNe and that she has the ability to translate to scripted television. Props to NeNe!

3. Babygate says:

WHY?? How does this make sense? The real housewives franchise is hardly a respectable form of entertainment. Glee is not perfect but the players are real artists who are amazingly talented, housewives players are, well, they are a joke. People who are willing to air out their dirty laundry for the sake of making a buck and they do it in the most crass, undignified way possible. It is reality tv at its worst. What’s next? A Jersey Shore cross-over? I’ve never had a problem with guess stars. I’ve enjoyed most of them, but this, urgh! And she’s going to be there for multiple episodes? Double urgh!!! I get it. Bravo is heavily gay and so is Glee. But there are other ways of forging a partnership… I’ve seen clips of this lady on tv. She’s loud, crude and obnoxious. Is this supposed to be Glee’s new image???

4. Adam says:

I love the fact that Nene is going to be on glee! I can only imagine how good this is going to be! Throw in Teresa and Danielle while you’re at it!

5. Carmichael says:

> John Cleese (Monty Python) will play a couples therapist in a February episode of NBC’s Whitney, TV Guide Magazine reports.

WHY JOHN WHY? Are you THAT desperate for Money? I’ll forever be a Python fan, but that just makes me sad. Now excuse me, Spiney Norman’s back.

6. ann kent says:

I agree. I do not think that NeNe needs anything else to make her head anymore bigger! These are the things that make me think that the writers of Glee are not really thinking about the future of the show.

7. ann kent says:

Well, has the writers of Glee done gone and lost their minds? I mean really, what are you thinking?

8. dee123 says:

So this is what happens. When the cat’s away at American Horror Story the mice will play.

9. Kira says:

I’m really excited about this! NeNe was trying to act for years before Housewives and she actually can sing, so this is a big coup! I’m always thisclose to abandoning the show because of bad writing and it’s obsession with three characters to the detriment of all of the others bit this has me intrigued.

10. Tee says:

Ugh no thanks.

11. Kim says:

I don’t hate the “Real Housewives…” series/franchise, I’ve been known to watch it after work (at like 0800 on my DVR or on-demand if I’m bored). I’ve wanted to smack NeNe on more than one occasion. But didn’t “Glee” already try to do this with Molly Shannon and Coach Beiste (who I adore on “Glee.” She makes me cry)? “We need someone that will ruffle Sue’s feathers… let’s get another coach.” Why not get some English teacher, who will correct Sue’s grammar while she talks? Or some math teacher that breaks down how much Sue spends for her Cheerios? Or a science teacher, who tells her how much bad stuff is in all her protein drinks and such? Someone who isn’t predictable.

12. amy says:

I hope John Cleese is playing the same therapist he played on Cheers – that would be amazing.

13. Valorie says:

Ditto. I have never watched Glee before but I will be tuning in for this show!

14. Jean Williams says:

Of all actress that could have played that part why NeNe Leaks, I hated her on Real Housewives of Atlanta to the point that I stopped watching it, so now I have to add Glee to my list, she loud, rude and just a total vile woman who can make a woman be ashame of being a woman. Glee is no longer something I want to watch

15. I am truly grateful to the holder of this web page who
    has shared this fantastic post at here.