Ratings: Biggest Loser Finale Sets New Low, Last Man Standing Falls, Glee and New Girl Steady

The Biggest Loser wrapped up its latest cycle on Tuesday with an audience of 7.8 million total viewers and a 2.7 demo rating — down 4 and 13 percent from the show’s previous finale and setting new all-time lows for a season-ender.

Also on the down side for the night was ABC’s Last Man Standing, which tumbled 15 and 19 percent to 7.46 million total viewers and a series-low 2.2 demo rating. But wait, the next cycle arrives in just three weeks!

Glee Missing Scene Exclusive: Find Out What Blaine Gave Kurt For Christmas!

Elsewhere on the night:

* NCIS (19 mil/3.5) was Tuesday’s most-watched program and drew the best demos, flat versus its last fresh outing. NCIS: Los Angeles (16.3 mil/3.0) saw a 16-percent bump in eyeballs. Closing out the Eye’s night was Unforgettable (11.2 mil/2.1), up 7 percent in total audience.

* Both Fox’s Glee (7.05 mil/2.9) and New Girl (6.8 mil/3.3) were down just a tenth in the demo, while Raising Hope (5.1 mil/2.3) ticked up.

* NBC’s William & Kate “news” special placed a decided fourth place in the 8 o’clock hour, with 5.3 million viewers and a 1.2 rating.

What were you tuned into this Tuesday night?

1. Sg. Grant says:

And here is Kevin with a run-on sentence.

2. Ari says:

NBC needs to put Biggest Loser down, or at least cut it to a one hour show every week. It is ridiculous that BL has a two hour block of television and Community can’t even get 30 minutes.

• Bad Breaker says:

This is so true. I really can’t believe Biggest Loser is even still on, much less 2 hours.

• Erin says:

I agree that it needs to cut back, but I think maybe even better than cutting it to a 1 hour show would be to air the second season over the summer. As a Biggest Loser watcher, I’m burned out on the nonstop seasons… the season just ended last night and the show is already back Jan 2? There needs to be a bit more of a break, or maybe even going to only one season a year. I get that it’s way more cost effective to produce Biggest Loser than a Community-type show with higher production cost and actor salaries, etc., but I do agree that it’s a bit overkill at this point. Plus there are few reality TV hosts as bad as Sammy Brady.

3. DaninSeattle says:

Storage Wars Alllllll night! :-D

4. auntiemm says:

I watched NCIS and NCIS:LA. Not their best Xmas eps but not their worst.

No SOA to watch this week (still ticked off at that finale) so watched White Christmas on AMC.

5. @auntiemm says:

Yeah, NCIS was the only thing I watched last night too. Decent episode. The best part for me was Ziva being her awesome self again. I love it when she gets these scenes. I also enjoyed Gibbs last night. He was pretty cool with the Marine.

6. Dee says:

The BEST part of the episode was watching Gibbs and DiNozzo spend Christmas Day together!!!

That Gibbs took the liberty of asking if he could bring a guest to someone else’s house? That the guest was DiNozzo?
    Massive fangirl squeeing for me.

So does the newborn baby girl get to be the next heir and leader of that tribe?

7. kevin says:

So happy when ABC pull MAN UP from its schedule last week and UNFORGETTABLE still boring if I had to take a good night sleep by watching it.

8. Jem says:

The book I was reading was way better than those awful shows.

9. cp160 says:

What in the world was that all about on Biggest Loser?!!!!! it looked and sounded like a giant out of control frat party. Alison looked a little tipsy. It was just AWFUL. We turned off the sound. the “cheering” was ridculous. What a classless show this turned out to be. The same dreary teary looking into the camera sob stories. The show needs to be canceled