Why Didn't Gossip Girl Dare to Dair? Is Revenge Hiding a Sibling Secret? And More TV Questions!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, here are some queries we are going to throw at you, from shows such as Nikita, Gossip Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Glee, Revenge, Bones and Community!

1 | Has frequent Nikita guest star Devon Sawa been promoted yet to series regular? And if not, why?! The guy steals each and every scene he’s in.

2 | Is there a more thankless role on an otherwise superb piece of television than Homeland‘s Mike? Even when they give Diego Klattenhoff something to do (Advise Nick! Persuade Jessica! Dribble a basketball!), they don’t give him anything to do.

3 | Are Boardwalk Empire‘s Gillian and Jimmy the creepiest mother-and-son duo since [suggest names in the comments section]?

4 | Did Kalinda’s pre-Lockhart Gardner alter ego, Leela, spend some time in Britain? How else to explain the increasing presence of Archie Panjabi’s native accent this season on The Good Wife?

5 | Is Colin Hanks the most cartoonish villain in Dexter history?

6 | Does anyone else find themselves screaming at their television every time Chef Faulkner proclaims she is already The Next Iron Chef‘s next Iron Chef?

7 | ABC has promised Vanessa Williams a plum role on a new or existing series as payment for imprisoning her in an increasingly superfluous role during Desperate Housewives‘ final season… right?

8 | Which line of Castle fans do you think would be longer: Those volunteering to be handcuffed to Nathan Fillion, or to Stana Katic?

9 | Forget who the mother is! What is going on with Robin’s clothes on How I Met Your Mother? Thank goodness for her black dress this week because the blouse/trousers at the beginning of the episode were dreadful.

10 | Dear Gossip Girl: Couldn’t we have had at least a little Dan/Blair romance before the inevitable Chuck/Blair reunion?

11 | Why are more people not watching (and obsessing over) HBO’s hilarious and transcendent Enlightened?

1. Jaye says:

#11 because this is the most depressing show currently on TV.

2. Seriously says:

Please tell me that dair fan is not talking about “living in the past” and Chuck not being redeemable. Dair fans do NOTHING else but “live in the past” when it comes to Chuck and Blair. You all are constantly bringing up S1 stuff. Get over the FACT that Blair will always love Chuck. It doesn’t matter who she “hooks up” with along the way, in the end it WILL ALWAYS be Chuck and Blair, Blair and Chuck. If you deny that CB won’t always go back to each other, you are delusional. Some Chair fans are immature AND some dair fans (clearly) are immature. The superiority attitude coming from you all is really pathetic, to be honest.

3. Angel says:

Dan and Blair will happen and when they do it will be beautiful. They are beautiful! They might not be endgame because we are already in the 5th season, and the show will most likely end next season, but Dair will happen!

4. midsummernights says:

I think Dair has so much potential in itself that it’d be a waste not to explore it. :) A lot of us would like to be able to relate to the characters of tv shows we watch and Dair provides us a window to a normal one with the zest of the same Uppereast side life we know. It’s perfect! ;)

5. Rjrtist says:

#11, try $25 a pop a month and go from there.

6. Steph says:

So excited for Dair to happen. It’s inevitable :)

7. Lisa says:

Try something new and exciting GG! Give us DAIR!!!!

8. Melanie says:

Dear TVline: Please stop creating Gossip Girl fanwars just to get hits on your website. Thanks.

9. cj says:

i respectfully disagree with #19. Michael from Bones is not the cutest baby on television, AMY FROM UP ALL NIGHT IS SO FRICKIN ADORABLE IT HURTS.

10. Chair is end game! says:

Gossip Girl was Epic mostly because of Chair
    , hopefully dair fans will understand that Blair loves Chuck and nit Dan and Dan is a loser and chair is endgame! Blair choosed Chcuk

11. Heather says:

Glee– They mentioned that it was cider before he opened the bottle… IT WAS NOT BOOZE! Re-watch the scene.. I did!

Nikita– Devon Sawa needs to be promoted ASAP! He is amazing as Owen and I keep watching to see him!

Revenge–Would love to see Emily and Charlotte as Sisters!

Castle– NATHAN FILLION! LOVE!!!!

Gossip Girl– Love Dair!! Keeps things interesting and not predictable!

Good Wife– Love her voice… Makes me think of her in Bend It Like Beckham!

12. Kewi94 says:

YES PLEASE. The best thing to happen to Nikita right now would be promoting Devon Sawa to series regular :)

13. Thalia says:

I hope Dair happens, I used to love Chair but they’ve just made their relationship way too complicated. The scenes between them broke my heart but its just too much now and they keep adding problems between them to the list. Dan has always been a great character and I’ve always loved him but I found him incredibly annoying whenever he was with Serena. The way they’ve left things off I think if Dair may ever happen it will be difficult because of Serena now and not Chuck. They’ve made Serena’s character very bitter and vindictive. To me Serena and Dan were one of the worst couples of the show, maybe its because Serena’s character is awful if she is ever involved with a guy. I only tolerate her when she is single but if she meets a guy she automatically falls madly in love with him and is very dramatic about the entire relationship. Also her character has no growth whereas even Nate is trying to do things. Sorry I feel as if I’m ranting but I’m only mentioning Serena so much because if we ever want Dair we’ll have to deal with the wrath of Serena. For example in the last ep. she decided to help Louis just so Dan couldn’t tell Blair he loves her. She didn’t do it to help Blair find happiness like she put it but for selfish reasons because she still cares for Dan. I respect Chair fans and it makes sense they ship them so strongly because a lot has happened but to me now its just overkill. Honestly Blair is the best character and I just hope she gets a good happy ending.

14. Tara says:

#10 Maybe they are still going to Dare to Dair. Just have to be patient. I think that some awesome Dair is coming up :)

15. Vee says:

Dair all the way!! <3<3

16. will says:

HELL TO THE NAW TO #16! nolan ane emily are the only two with loads of sexual tension on that show they better not pull that siblings bs.

17. Samantha says:

When GG dare to dair, i will happily dare to change the channel, just the idea of them shrugs me UGH !!!
    Chair are EPIC <3

18. khs says:

TVline.com:
    This is very minor and I apologize in advance, but you may need to hire another writer and/or intern or two so you don’t take up unecessary space with pointless questions.

Exhibit A (and actually my only exhibit..): #12. Finn did not “pop open a bottle of Champagne” on Glee. Kurt clearly and audibly stated seconds earlier: “sparkling apple cider.” I could not believe that Michael Slezak mistakenly brought up this said “champagne” twice in his recap of the show. Did he even watch the show? Or just fast forward to the song performances? I’ve always been a fan of Selzak, considering I’m a fello idoloonie; but I find his Glee recaps disappointing and uninspiring. I’d rather discuss more funny/possibly offensive/ridiculous quotes from the show.

19. Moll says:

There is no Dair because the audience is tired of the circus and some smart person in the writers’ room seems to realize it. They want DS back and not two people who can only exist in some AU-world with Chuck dead. They are from parallel world. He’s Serena’s love of her life, not Blair’s. Anyone with eyes and ears who watched the midseason finale understands that Blair wants and loves Chuck. Period.

20. Lauren says:

I’m going to be real and say that I think the only reason why Dan and Blair are even being hinted at as a possibility is because the writers have to explore every romantic option on the show. With the exception of Dan and Jenny (for obvious reasons), Serena and Chuck and Dan and Blair (until now) every single person has had a romantic story like with every other person on this show:

Blair & Nate
    Blair & Chuck
    Blair & Dan

Serena & Dan
    Serena & Nate

Vanessa & Dan
    Vanessa & Chuck
    Vanessa & Nate

Jenny & Chuck
    Jenny & Nate

• Lauren says:

And Chuck & Blair are pretty iconic. Even if you’re over the age of 18. Blair & Dan have the capacity to challenge each other intellectually but the chemistry will never be there. I don’t think that the writers expected Chair to become such a monster but if you ever rewatch S1E7 Victor/Victoria you see the best episode there ever has been of GG and it was the first episode when you saw Chuck and Blair together. And it became pretty apparent that they are perfect for each other.

21. Johnny Z says:

Completely agree with # 7 .. whats up with that?

in regards to # 10 – dan and blair are the best couple .. i think they don’t want to explore that option bc when gg ends who will serena be with?

22. Cat says:

#8 – sign me up for both lines!!!!

23. SsvenjaE says:

ok #19 I mean Michael ist super cute, but Beth From Glee is absolutely adorable. The look when puck is singing to her, Oh my god its so supercute.

24. Vivienne says:

I’m so disappointed Gossip Girl hasn’t gone there with Dair. Maybe they producers are planning to get them together next season. If not, what was the point of teasing the fans with the idea of a romantic relationship with them? It’s like Chekhov’s gun. That gun needs to be fired next season or all of this has been a waste of time.

25. Samantha F says:

I LOVE Chef Falkner (you mispelled her name) and would LOVE to see her win! Zakarian is an jerk who treats his employees like crap. Google search him, he just filed bankruptcy to avoid paying his past employees fair wages.

26. G says:

Devon E Sawa needs to become a regular! He’s epic!!!

27. kaci says:

I didn’t read all 13 pages of comments but THANK YOU for bringing up Robin’s clothes. It’s all I can think about when she’s on screen. It’s awful. My only guess is they are trying to show her as older and more mature to sync with her job at world wide news. It needs to stop.

28. monica says:

#19: Amy on Up All Night is adorable!

29. jordan says:

i am a chuck and blair fan and have been since the begining but all of the arguing is pointless. i honestly can’t see dan and blair as a couple, just really good friends and after everything that has happened, i can’t see blair and chuck together anymore either. of course i’ll be rooting for chuck, but i’m not so sure it will work out. for blair’s sake and for the sake of these silly comment wars, i hope blair ends up with louis. yes, he’s a schemer but it’ll be nice to see blair with someone new and then serena will get dan.

30. Jasna88 says:

Why Owen is not regular? Because he is jumpy, twitchy, annoying and worst of all, sleazy character.

31. TamIAm says:

Finn definitely opened Martinelli’s sparkling cider. I recognized the label right away from years of drinking that stuff as a teenager for New Year’s.

I’m loving the Emily/Charlotte theory. I hadn’t even thought of that.

32. Angie says:

Dan is a wonderful man, beautiful, smart and sweet and, beside him Blair becomes fantastic.
    I love them together. Please dare to Dair.