The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Thursday

On TV this Thursday: All four NBC comedies get in the holiday spirit, a very interesting Person of Interest surfaces, Eliza Dushku tackles The League and more. Here’s a dozen programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm The X Factor (Fox) | Another elimination night! Plus, Mary J. Blige and Lenny Kravitz perform.

8 pm Community (NBC) | This is the Christmas episode that sends a certain Fox show hiding under a rock, as the Greendale gang, one by one,  get “possessed” by the Gleeful show choir spirit.

8 pm The Big Bang Theory (CBS) | As Leonard confronts his high school bully (The Comeback‘s Lance Barber), Penny realizes she might have been one back in the day.

8:30 pm Parks and Recreation (NBC) | Still suspended from her job and with her political campaign waylaid, Leslie keeps busy as a community advocate. Meanwhile, Ben goes job hunting, and Leslie’s coworkers labor to give her the perfect Christmas gift. The closing scene will make you cry.

Hot Community Video: Watch Troy and Abed’s Hilarious Hip-Hop Holiday!

9 pm Bones (Fox) | While investigating the death of a “storm chaser,” Booth grows increasingly overprotective of Brennan, and Hodgela come to terms with having Angela’s dad babysit their son.

9 pm Person of Interest (CBS) | Reese and Finch’s game of cat-and-mouse with Carter becomes way complicated when The Machine names her their new POI. Enrico Colantoni (Flashpoint) guest-stars.

9 pm The Office (NBC) | Ain’t no Christmas party like a Christmas party attended by a sullen, heartbroken Robert California. Meanwhile, Jim and Dwight must cease pranking each other, lest the offender forfeit his year-end bonus to the other.

9:30 pm Whitney (NBC) | I point you to this only to witness how very different Peter Gallagher is as Whitney’s Brylcreem’d scalawag of a dad, versus Covert Affairs‘ polished, officious Arthur. Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle) plays Whit’s mom.

Exclusive: Grimm Gets Lost Again, Adds Titus Welliver as [Spoiler]

10 pm Grimm (NBC) | Special night: In the wake of a high school teacher’s death, Nick enlists Monroe’s help to get through to a troubled outcast before he exacts revenge on his fellow students.

10 pm The Mentalist (CBS) | Jane gets the rare chance to work with a “murder victim who is alive” when Craig Bierko (Boston Legal) guests as a pro football vet who was presumed dead in a car explosion.

10 pm Burn Notice (USA Network) | Michael needs Pearce’s help transferring a dangerous prisoner who may have information on Anson. The reveal of that “information” — aka Anson’s true endgame — sets the stage for next week’s tense season finale.

10:30 pm The League (FX) | Kevin thinks his Krav Maga instructor (Tru Calling‘s Eliza Dushku) may be into him; when a prank backfires, the guys need to rescue Ruxin from a cult.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Hanna says:

Looking forward to Parks & Rec, as usual!

• Avi says:

I am too! I am so pleased with how Parks and Rec has evolved as a show, it’s so funny but also has a lot of heart. It’s what every comedy should aspire to be. I am also looking forward to Community, which is a very very close second to Parks & Rec.

2. J says:

I’m a little embarassed to say Whitney makes me actually laugh out loud.

• CJ says:

It doesn’t embarrass me at all. I like Whitney a lot, though I wouldn’t say it’s a great show. It’s better (to me, anyway) than several shows that people praise all the time. I like the characters, plus Chris D’Elia is hot. Unfortunately, I doubt it will survive the season.

3. jennrae says:

Isn’t Eliza Dushku’s more current identifier Dollhouse?

• John says:

Do u use the most current or the most famous?

• Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large says:

If you’ve followed Ausiello and I for enough years, you know the special meaning TRU CALLING has. Example: Who can tell me where new episodes of TRU CALLING are currently airing?

• Hey Matt says:

Just an FYI to TvLine at large, the side bar of What to Watch Tonight is effed up. The 8:30 slot says Parks & Rec but then the description of the episode is for TBBT.

• Mehvash says:

I forget the name of the network but new episodes of arrested development have been on there for years even before the netflix deal. And I hear that all my children and one life to live will be featured now.

• I miss Dollhouse!!!! I just got done watching both seasons. But she is most famous for her role as Faith Lehane on Buffy. I miss that show too lol

4. Justin says:

Looking forward to Bones, Burn Notice, Parks and Recreation, The Office, Grimm, The Big Bang Theory and Person of Interest. Plenty to see this Thursday for me!

5. Amy says:

COMMUNITY is going to be awesome this week! Its also going to be bittersweet because we won’t be having new episodes for a while due to the “hiatus”.

6. Renee says:

Person Of Interest and Grimm for me! Really looking forward to how this plays out on Person Of Interest.

7. Little Scarf Girl says:

Community, Parks and Recreation, and The Big Bang Theory!

8. fernando says:

ABC should give a three hour of Revenge Reruns, I need more and I can’t wait till Jan. 4

• Liz says:

If it’s Revenge reruns that you’re looking for, Ausiello’s former website noted yesterday that all already-ran episodes will be available on ABC’s website until the next new episode in January. Personally, I will be rewatching the flashforwards in the pilot very closely…

9. Eliza says:

Community, Parks & Rec, Bones, Burn Notice and Grimm.

In the meantime, I’m home sick & there’s a Eureka marathon on Syfy. Yay!!

10. Luis Guzman says:

You take Whitney off this list!!! You take it off now!!!

11. kevin says:

I’ll watch COMMUNITY on DEMAND but it’s going to be sad to go into a long hiatus when the show returns around the course of next year but I think NBC has one new sitcom destined to be short lived: ARE YOU THERE, CHELSEA? on Wednesdays. Hope COMMUNITY has a better chance for renewal rather than cancel but I’m planning to watch PERSON OF INTEREST and MENTALIST tonight with no PRIME SUSPECT this week now that it’s already been canceled but its “series finale” set to air next Thursday.

12. Brisbane says:

Person of Interest is the show for me tonight. Wonder if the Get Carter ep will be the game changer the promos touted it to be. Hmmm. Might tune in to Grimm. Go Community!

13. Lisa says:

Parks & Rec
    Burn Notice

14. ThursdaysAreHectic says:

The Big Bang Theory, Bones, Burn Notice, Mentalist and Grimm

15. em says:

Community is a must. Parks and Rec and Grimm, too.

16. Noelle says:

Was looking forward to Bones but its not on here in Cleveland because of a Browns game. So I’ll just be watching Big Bang.

17. Walrus says:

Love watching Grimm, but this extra episode is giving my DVR conniption fits. I’m just very glad that Burn Notice is replayed a few hours later, so calamity is avoided (Gotta have The Mentalist as well).

• Danielle H says:

I’m afraid they are going to move Grimm to Thursdays since it’s doing decently (which would effectively tank the ratings since Thursdays are such a huge TV nite). I know I won’t be able to watch if they do that, and the only reason it’ll record tonite is because almost everything else is in hiatus. Private Practice and The Mentalist already occupy my Thursdays @ 10 spots.