True Blood star Ryan Kwanten is set to drunkenly woo Zooey Deschanel’s character on the Valentine’s Day-themed installment of Fox’s hit freshman comedy. According to E! Online, Kwanten is filling the role TVLine told you about last week: Oliver, a potential one-night stand whom Jess meets at a bar on the romance-centric holiday. Thing is, Jess’ new guy is as dull as his abs are defined.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Perfect casting alert! Dean Winters — who in recent years has shined as Dennis, the deadbeat ex of 30 Rock‘s Liz Lemon — will play Will Arnett’s über-competitive brother on NBC’s Up All Night, per TV Guide Magazine.
• Showtime has ordered a second season of Lisa Kudrow’s half-hour comedy Web Therapy. The upcoming run — which set to debut in 2012 — will be made up of at least 10 episodes and feature guest appearances by Conan O’Brien, Minnie Driver, Rosie O’Donnell, Molly Shannon, Selma Blair and Oscar winner Meryl Streep.
• VH1′s Single Ladies has officially replaced the departing Stacey Dash with All My Children alumna Denise Vasi. Season 2 of the primetime soap is set to bow next summer.
• Is everyone ready for a little Jersey Shore Shark Attack? EW.com has gotten their hands on the cast list for Syfy’s upcoming original movie (to air next summer), and it includes Tony Sirico (The Sopranos), Paul Sorvino (Goodfellas), Jack Scalia (All My Children), Joey Fatone (‘N Sync), William Atherton (Die Hard) and, of course, actual Jersey Shore star Vinny Guadagnino.
• CBS is revamping the names of two of its upcoming series: ¡Rob!, the Rob Schneider family comedy, will now be (less excitedly) known as Rob, and the midseason cop drama The 2-2 is now NYC 22.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?