The Cougar Town Cameos: Who Has Popped Up Where? (Now Updated With Hot In Cleveland)

If you’ve already fallen behind on Cougar Town‘s hotly-anticipated cameo tour across your favorite TV shows, fret not! TVLine is keeping tabs on each and every pit stop the Cul-de-sac Crew makes this season in this handy photo — and video! — gallery.

These six offerings represent first of the appearances on tap (look for around 10 in all), and as more occur, more hot shots will be here at your disposal. So, check back often to see where Jules and Co. end up next. (Fingers crossed it’s a Parenthood pop-up!)

Comments (71)

• The way Cougar Town is taking a crappy situation and making it awesome is why I love this show!

Comment by kati spencer – October 21, 2011 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! This show is great and is getting a real crap deal from ABC. I am glad they are taking it in stride! Ian Gomez seemed to be in character in both of those cameos! I miss Cougar Town.

Comment by Vivian Volkoff – October 22, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree as well! However, I don’t care who the cameo’s are, I want to know when. Get it back on the air please.

Comment by Rkar – October 25, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey, ABC, let the show go to a real network already! Preferably CBS. Fox is allowed to have it if it airs after American Idol and NBC is allowed to have it ONLY if it airs in place of friggin’ Whitney!

Comment by KevyB – December 1, 2011 01:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad TVLine is keeping tabs because I don’t watch any of the shows they’re appearing on!

Comment by Snapy – October 21, 2011 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you should watch happy endings… its a very good show

Comment by andy – November 17, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show! I really miss it!!

Comment by John – October 21, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m also keeping tabs on all of their appearances at culdesaccrew.net, my Cougar Town fansite. :)

Comment by Lauren – October 22, 2011 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if someone will be appearing in Castle or Revenge. Heretofore known as the only other two ABC shows I watch on a regular basis.

Comment by Mark – October 22, 2011 03:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to our original story (linked above), CASTLE is on the list: http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/cougar-town-crossover-cameos-season-3/

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 22, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was on the set of Castle when Josh Hopkins was doing his cameo.
        He’ll be a police officer in the next episode (10/24).
        He even showed me that his arm was all bandaged up from falling off a bike.

If you watch the episode, you can’t miss him. Very funny guy!

Comment by SL – October 23, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually started watching Cougar Town because of their Community cameo and Abed’s love for the show. Haven’t regretted it for a second, it’s so awesome!

Comment by Lynn – October 22, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I started watching Community because of the fact that the shows have mutual love for one another. Like Dan Byrd making his gf watch the first season of Community on their first date.

Comment by Jessica – October 22, 2011 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The daughter and I were talking about what our absolute favorite show on TV was. I finally decided on Cougar Town.

[heavy sigh] indeed.

Comment by emmitwest – October 22, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 6 seasons and a movie.

Comment by Abed – October 22, 2011 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is the deal with Cougar Town? I keep looking for it. It is my favorite show. Where is it!?!?!

Comment by Joan – October 22, 2011 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It seems ABC has kept it for midseason – between Dancing With The Stars cycle. Why? I do not know. I really miss it on my Wednesday nights! Come back Cul-de-sac Crew!!!

Comment by spencer – October 23, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Courteney and Christa were supposed to be on Private Practice. Culdesaccrew.net said 10/20 but I didn’t see them and they are not listed here. Am I confused?

Comment by Christy – October 23, 2011 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to ABC’s website, they should be on this Thursday.

Comment by Sarah – October 25, 2011 02:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Josh on CASTLE!!!!! As a cop in uni. no less…

Comment by W – October 24, 2011 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw that, did you see the way Beckett looked at him when he handed the folder to Esposito? Looks like yet another JOSH for Castle to worry about hanging around his girl…

Comment by Robyn – October 25, 2011 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, just spotted Grayson in Castle!! Awesome :)
    For those of you who wants to see Josh Hopkins in uniform, it’s 8:30 into the episode

Comment by Cic – October 25, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahh I love Becketts look after it :D

Comment by Matt – October 25, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dang, I can’t believe I didn’t notice him. Just shows how observant I am.

Comment by Lisa – October 25, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He had a decent amount of screen time there, and yet I still didn’t spot him. I guess that shows how much I pay attention to anyone besides the main cast. Cute little interplay between Beckett and him.

Comment by Mikaylah – October 25, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe I also saw a quick shot of Courtney Cox during Dancing With the Stars (granted it wasn’t actually a cameo)

Comment by David – October 25, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see Busy Phillips on HIMYM for a Freaks & Geeks reunion with Jason Segel.

Comment by @ChicagoVince – October 25, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it would be weird, being that she already did guest star on himym

Comment by Jess – October 26, 2011 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Plus, it’s on a different network.

Comment by LizL – October 26, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What matters isn’t so much the network the show is on, but the production company that makes it. For example, House is produced by Universal, which is part of NBC.

Comment by Doc Spector – November 1, 2011 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why isn’t the screen shot of the Community cameo up with the others? I don’t watch Community so it would be much appreciated. :o)

Comment by tp – October 25, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was last season. This is about the concerted effort to make fall cameos.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 25, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so miss CT… I can’t wait for its return and really really hope they won’t change the name !

Comment by claire – October 25, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad I’m not crazy! I was watching Castle last night and I was like woot…Cougar Town!

Comment by Doc Harley – October 25, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you Bill Lawrence and Cougar Town for keeping us busy while we wait for Cougar Town’s return! ABC is so dumb! It is taking WAY too long!

Comment by JJ – October 25, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andy is totally texting Bobby about how he snuck into a hospital, is walking around in a lab coat, and having everyone think he’s a doctor in that GA clip.

Comment by E – October 25, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we need to TAKE BACK THE SAC. lol. i loved that episode with the neighborhood watch. plus, the slogan totally rocks. lol. i miss this show.

Comment by tigersmurfette – October 25, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad for this article–I thought I was seeing things on Castle when Grayson handed over the file then POOF! He was gone! BTW, why didn’t I read about TWO Star Trek: DS9 alums on TVline first? Just wondering.

Comment by Leener – October 25, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am shocked! I was watching Castle on my DVR this morning and somehow completely missed that cameo!

Comment by Evan – October 25, 2011 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is why we are doing this ;) We are the TV site that CARES.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 25, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the heads-up on the cameos. I didn’t think I would see one until I watched this past Monday’s Castle. I absolutely gasped when I saw Josh(Grayson) appear on the screen in a cop uniform. I’m still smiling from that cameo. I really do miss Cougar Town. :(

Comment by Holly – October 25, 2011 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was watching the Castle EP the other night (on demand) and noticed Josh, then had to go back and freeze it so my wife could see him. Very cool :)

Comment by Jeff – October 27, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • anyone have a youtube link to the pp moment?

Comment by Ainav – October 28, 2011 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they brought this show back. I tried 3 times and found it to be the stupidiest thing on TV. (and there is alot of stupid out there).

Comment by art – October 28, 2011 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thanks for proving your own point. Cougar Town rocks!

Comment by Obviously – November 17, 2011 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, TVLine Team…

You can’t use the contraction “who’s” in place of the words “who has”. “Who’s” is only ever a contraction of the words “who is”.

And don’t call me a grammar Nazi. You’re the ones that want to write for a living, so learn how to do it.

Comment by Sencho – October 28, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Both the Webster and Oxford Dictionaries disagree with you.

Comment by The Late GS – November 1, 2011 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how do I keep missing these, but love CT can’t wait for its return

Comment by juan – October 28, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saw the Cougar town guy in Castle and I thought “thats weird, He shouldn’t be there. What show does he belong on.” I couldn’t place him because they’ve been off the air so long.
    Funny show, love it, and can’t wait for the new season.

Comment by beck – October 29, 2011 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It can be both. Google it before you comment and insult the writer

Comment by What? – October 29, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just Dan and Busy left right?

Comment by Jessica – November 1, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You do realise that we can’t see HULU from outside the USA and you have international readers?
    Pls find another source for clips?

Comment by umbrella – November 2, 2011 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While we’re talking about cameos, is anyone going to mention that BARB is currently popping up in Swiffer commercials? LOVE IT!!

Comment by the girl – November 2, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY :D, I knew it was Josh Hopkins cameo-ing in Castle. Loved that guy since the day I watched Pepper Dennis (Yes, I watched it, get over it).

Comment by Sham – November 3, 2011 02:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We recently spoke with Cougar Town star Dan Byrd about his recent film work in “Easy A” and “Norman”. I’m sure your readers will enjoy it, so please feel free to link:

Comment by John Neal – November 16, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Busy Philipps in Happy Endings!!!

Comment by Annie – November 16, 2011 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Continued thanks for keeping this page up-to-date and front-and-center.

Comment by Jon88 – November 17, 2011 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These updates are great because I keep missing the cameos. Thanks TVLine!

Comment by TimeShiftingMom – November 17, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew that was Busy Phillips! It was such a quick flash I didn’t really get a good look but I knew it was her.

Comment by Captain – November 17, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So it’s still called Cougar Town? I thought they were thisclose to deciding on a new title??

Comment by Abe Froman – November 17, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I noticed Josh on Castle and was sitting there thinking, what the heck is he doing on Castle… AND he totally just mugged for the camera!

Comment by e. – November 17, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hey Christy the above picture show Courtney with Benjamin Bratty in a Private Practice EP a few weeks ago. Courtney & Christa were both walking with him. Love following the cameos & am impatient for CT return

Comment by Kristin Curzon – November 17, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew nothing about this, thought I was losing my mind.

Comment by Joe – November 17, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never was able to really get into Cougar Town, but I appreciate that the cast always seems to be up to something fun.

Comment by Julie – November 19, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just caught Dan Byrd’s cameo on Body of Proof. Real blink and you’ll miss it moment. He was at the bar, drinking when the detective’s were questioning the bartender.

Comment by Jake – November 29, 2011 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You guys forgot that they did a cameo on Community last season!

Comment by Ilana – November 30, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s not what this story is about, but yes, they did!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – November 30, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post