Bones First Look: Booth Is Dealt a Personal Blow, While Hodgins and Clark Get Medieval

Bones Season 7Boys and their toys.

While Booth is dealing with a personal crisis in this Thursday’s Bones (Fox, 9/8c), Hodgins and squintern Clark have a little too much fun trying to track down the weapon that chopped up a victim. As Hodgins reveals in the first clip here, that means raiding the Jeffersonian’s French Revolution exhibit for a guillotine!

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones

Speaking of things that (would seem to) cut like a knife: As mentioned above, the can’t-miss episode leads off with Booth getting bad news from his grandfather (The Waltons‘ Ralph Waite). Booth’s matter-of-fact reaction to the bombshell, however, is “Another day, another crime,” as seen in the second clip below. Will Seeley ultimately allow himself a proper emotional response? Tune in Thursday to check out David Boreanaz’s standout performance as the conflicted G-man.

Also in the episode: Veronica Mars alum Tina Majorino reprises her role of Special Agent Shaw, while Cory Matthews aka Boy Meets World‘s Ben Savage guest-stars as one in a group of lottery winners who may have had motive to off the aforementioned victim.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Piper says:

Yea! I love Pops! Especially when he interacts with Brennan. It’s nice that we’ll get to see David display his emotional acting range after getting to see Emily’s in “The Doctor in the Photo” last season.

• lexxa says:

What I’m interested to see is Pops interacting with BOOTH, or rather Ralph Waite interacting with David Boreanaz. This episode is about Booth’s father, Booth’s bottled up feelings towards him, Booth’s struggle to hide his pain, Booth’s torment and Booth’s emotional outburst. This episode I want to see David Boreanaz and be impressed by his performance, praised by every TV journalist who covers Bones. This is what I’m looking for.

• Templar says:

Wait. Is Booth related to Gibbs? Since that is Jethro’s father and Booth’s grandpa they must be kin.

• Tiffany says:

That’s so true haha. I just noticed when you said that that it’s the same person. I loved him with Gibbs on NCIS their interactions were great so I’m very excited to see this episode with him as Booth’s grandfather.

• the_mac10k says:

So Gibbs is Booth’s father then right?

2. Karen says:

I just know this ep will have me in tears

3. Gina says:

This looks amazing! Simply cannot wait!

4. Garnet_and_Gold47 says:

BOOTH!!!! I feel so bad for Booth and Bones.

5. Sasha says:

Can anyone tell me if Daisy has been on at all this season yet? And if so, what episode?

6. Lambsilencer says:

Daisy was in the episode from two weeks ago, which was the last new episode we saw. Last Thursday saw no new ep due to Thanksgiving.

7. deni says:

Omg gibbs and booth in 1 show that would be heaven love bones so glad she and booth are together long may it last please

8. loli says:

thanks for posting a link the internationals can watch!!!

9. lbhawk says:

Lol 2 hotties related would be great but that would mean gibbs is not the only child then

10. Katy says:

I love Bones and I can’t wait for this ep – and i also can’t wait to see lil Cory all growed up!! Boy Meets World was like my FAVE show as a kid!! I’m even showing a clip from Starry Night for a presentation for uni on the painting of the same name :)

11. Marlina says:

Could not wait for the next episode , miss it when in break last week

12. Adair says:

Does Parker know he is going to get a little sister? Or has he been erased from the show?

• Amy says:

Parker is irrelevant. B&B have their baby girl. Parker can just stay with his mother.

• BonesFan says:

lol! Amy you had me laughing my butt off with that comment!!

• Barbie says:

Seriously, you’re absolutely RIDICULOUS!!! It’s so important to both of them to be with their sibling, to interact with them, and to have a family as it is, one big family, instead of two separate ones. I have three half siblings, a brother I’ve been raised with and lived with my whole life, and two sisters, a 19 year old I’ve never lived with, and a 3 month old baby girl who was just born and I already adore, and they’re absolutely NO DIFFERENT to me than if they had both parents in common with me. My parents have always been best friends, even after their divorce, which has allowed me to have a great relationship with my siblings, and even my brother and sister who are not siblings treat each other as if they were (they’re even listed as brother and sister on Facebook). My point is — Parker is NOT irrelevant, and he should NOT be. He should always be a part of the baby’s life, and Booth and Brennan’s family, as the important person he is. And I absolutely CAN’T WAIT to see his part on the whole baby business.

Grow up.

• Lisa says:

Seriously, Barbara you may want to dial it down a bit. This is a TV show, not real life.

Parker is irrelevant to the B&B storyline. He’s a fringe character that we only ever get to see once or twice a season. It has been mentioned that he will show up later in the season.

Just because we don’t see Parker doesn’t mean he is not in their world off-screen. Just like Booth’s grandfather not being a bit surprised that Brennan and Booth are together and having a baby. Obviously the Bones world goes on even when it’s off the air. I’m sure he’s as involved as he could be-we’ll just never see it.

• Jillian says:

Agreed. Just because we don’t see Parker or they don’t talk about him doesn’t mean that he isn’t in their world off-screen together.

• Alyssa says:

I’ve wondered the same thing. He was mentioned once by Booth in regards to some toy the victim had developed (that he apparently loved), but other than that, nothing.

13. Wendy says:

Booth/DB is going to kill me this episode. I know it.

14. Noel says:

I just want to point out that in the last sentence it says “Cory Matthews aka Boy Meets World‘s Ben Savage” and that’s not quite right. Ben Savage is the actor and Cory Matthews is the character from Boy Meets World. It’s an easy mistake, but I just thought it was kind of funny.

15. Jan says:

What ever happened with the southern intern, Hodges called, “Opie?” I loved him and have not seen him since.

16. kara says:

Ralph Waite plays Gibbs’dad on NCIS. He also plays Booth’s grandfather on Bones. Ergo, Gibbs is Booth’d dad :D I wish!
    Maybe they can meet in a AltUniverse on Fringe where they can be father and son. Both military, both heroic, both hot as hell. I’d pay good money to see this. :)

17. Cat says:

Oh god, David Boreanaz is going to make me cry….again! I can see it now! Didn’t he do this to me enough on Buffy & Angel? lol

18. Jennifer says:

Cannot wait! I love this show!

19. Robin says:

Parker is supposed to show up later in the season,probably when Brennan has the baby. And Finn/Opie is going to be more featured in the 2nd part of the season, from what I’ve read.

I’m sure we’ll all be crying for Booth’s pain over this epi. HH said that DB does a fantastic job of acting on this episode! But unlike in Buffy and Angel, he gets the girl he loves here–poor guy, it’s about time!

20. BJohnson says:

Thank you. Will make sure tissue will be nearby.
    That one episode where they talked to Sweets in order to bond with him and Bones told her story about being locked in the trunk of a car then Booth admitting he may have killed himself caught me off guard crying with no tissue, still hard to watch that scene.

21. Katey says:

wow i didnt expect his grandpa to tell him that. i mean i knew he had bad news but i figured that he was dying. i know im gonna be cryin over this one

22. Barry says:

I absolutely love Bones. Best show on television. I’m in the middle of mine own marathon of the series. Can’t wait the upcoming episode(s)!

23. Claire Lovell says:

I love Bones so much that i’m watching all the seasons again!!! i have all of the Seasons Boxsets. Can’t believe Bones didn’t admit her true feelings for Booth when Booth built up his courage to tell Bones that he loves her on season 5. as soon she turned him down my heart sunk and thought oh Bones!! Then when i watched season 6, i thought to myself u’re too late Bones, when she finally admitted to Booth that she loves him when he’s still in the relationship with Hannah. although i hated hannah lol!! but am very pleased that Booth and Bones are a couple and having a baby together awwww….

can anyone please tell me if there’s going to be season 8 nxt year? did the directors/writers/producers of Bones mention in putting flashbacks of Booth & Bones getting together, Booth & Bones telling their friends that they’re couple and having a baby plus their friends reactions to the news? and which episode would that be? Bones please ask Booth to marry u :)

24. I just adore Ralph Waite and am so glad to see him back! He still has that warm “John Walton” feel! I also would love to see more Ryan O’Neal too. And the new squint…just love him! When they announced a new squint, I was really wishing for “No More Daisy”! Honestly, she just drives me nuts! But all around…I am just crazy for the show! I have every ep on my computer, and will just play them in the background while I’m working on the computer.

25. Maria evens says:

Its made my year them 2gether been waitin 4 it they good 2gether hope it lasts x

26. Maria evens says:

I think this is the best program on the planet just wish I still had sky I really miss it + have 2 wait 2 buy the dvds when they cum out 2 catch up its always worth the wait though