Castle Hot Shots: Beckett and Castle Get 'Cuffed'

Forget the criminals. Next Monday, ABC’s Castle will entrap in handcuffs two people who can’t spend enough time glued to each other — and we’ve got a dozen photos from the awkward encounter.

As if being cuffed together isn’t embarrassing enough, “Beckett and Castle are very curious as to why they are cuffed together, and wonder why they can’t remember exactly how it happened,” series creator Andrew W. Marlowe told TVLine. What’s more, they wake up shackled together in a bed! Whoever did this to the will they/won’t they pair is wickedly evil — and clearly has a ‘shipper heart.

Castle Scoop: Smallville‘s Justin Hartley Lands Role In Reality-TV Riff

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments to chime in with your thoughts on Castle and Beckett’s hook-up hooked-up adventure. (Stana Katic, for one, told us it’s “cute” and “adorable.”)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. David says:

Marlowe is just torturing shippers now with this, but it does seem like it will be a fun episode can’t wait!

2. Alyssa says:

Andddd….This is why I love this show :)

3. DL says:

Looks like an awesome episode! Can’t wait! Castle manages the perfect balance of dark, serious episodes and light-hearted, comedic ones.

• M says:

I totally agree with this. I love the balance that you mentioned and the fact that Castle seems to be one of the few shows that is getting better as it progresses.

4. Eva says:

Looks like they were cuffed by the shipnapper;)

5. kenseysmom says:

Man….this is gonna be good! Looks like shipper heaven! Thanks for the pics!

6. Kate says:

I can’t wait for this episode. Cute and adorable work for me!

7. Saint Alicia says:

Ugh, why isn’t this airing tonight?!!

8. Audrey says:

Squee-worthy? Hell yeah! Bring it on!

9. Liana in San Diego says:

I absolutely adore this show (chubbier Nathan Fillion notwithstanding!) but I gotta say this…. there is no self-respecting law enforcement officer who wears 5 inch heels while on duty! I realize she is dynamite, one sexy broad, etc etc etc., but that is just so ridiculously unrealistic in a show that is great on all the other details. And it’s not the only show doing that – Rizzoli & Isles, and a few others have their female cops in high heels running after perps. Oh PUH-LEEZE!!!!!

• CastleBuffySVU says:

I definitely get what you’re saying, but maybe they were abducted “after-hours”, when they weren’t at work, or something! ;) Just another perspective. They both seem pretty borderline casual/work casual. So I don’t know.

I love the Scully reference on another post. :)
      Castle is so awesome, each year gets better and better.

• Caskett says:

Hate to point it out…BUT Beckett almost ALWAYS wears 4 or 5 inch heels while on the job. ;) It’s one of her unmistakable signature features. So it’s not because they were maybe abducted “after-hours”.

10. peanut says:

Honestly what cop would wear heals that high? Only on TV

11. Nan says:

Can anybody tell me where is the promo for this episode? They usually releasing it just after previous episode aired. It was the same with Kill Shot – did not matter that it was in 2 weeks

12. Amy says:

Looks amazing! And I am sure Castle will find a way to bring a great twist to the hand-cuffed together mystery.

13. Harley Q says:

I can’t think of a better way of waking up then waking up handcuffed to Nathan Fillion.

I can’t wait until Monday!!!

14. Julie says:

I need to know: How in the world can she run with those heels!!!!?!?!?!!! *points at picture 8 (NOTE: I know she’s not running in that picture but she does in fact run with those! Amazing!)

• JB says:

I have friends that wear heels like these and they are as comfortable in them as I am in sneakers. In fact, their feet hurt when they wear sneakers or lower heels because their calf tendons have stretched. And yes it is very possible for these ladies to run in those shoes, especially with a solid stacked heel, not a pencil thin one. Recently they have had a high heeled foot race in New York’s Central Park and hundred’s of women run to the finish line in heels.

15. Newo says:

According to the internet, Fillion is 6’1 and Katic is 5’9 so im sure they have her in heels so shes on an even eye level with Castle considering shes beside him or talking directly to him in a majority of every episode.

• marc G says:

I wonder why people feel free to criticize women that make the effort to wear heels, Probably the kind of desperately plain women that nobody look to and that despise the few woment that make efforts to look feminine. We are now just today getting the first episode of season 4, please tell me that the producers have not listen to this rubbish (Castle is not realistic, and that’s a big part of its appeal), and that Kate keep wearing her nice heels in seasons 4 & 5 !

16. Rick says:

A whole week seems to long …. :(

17. zaza says:

They are so awkwardly handcuffed though. They can’t be face to face. Oh well, guess he could still nuzzle her neck! LOL!

18. JJ says:

This is gonna be great!!! Yeah – cant wait

19. Prachi says:

It seems its going to be episode full of suspense and fun between the dynamic duo.why can’t it be December 5 now?

20. Brisinger says:

I know of actual detectives who wear rather tall heals. When asked one replied that if she is running after a suspect she has done something wrong.