Desperate Housewives Exclusive: Dana Delany, Kyle MacLachlan Book Final Season Comebacks

Wisteria Lane will be experiencing increased congestion this winter.

With Desperate Housewives inching closer to its series finale this May, the show is welcoming back three of its most popular graduates: Dana Delany (Katherine), Kyle MacLachlan (Orson) and Andrea Bowen (Julie).

The length and timing of the trio’s comeback stints are not known. (ABC declined to comment.)

Desperate Housewives Scoop: Is Lynette Dating [Spoiler Alert]?!

After Housewives set its May 2012 finale date over the summer, showrunner Bob Daily made it his mission to lure back as many of the show’s alums as possible — beginning with Delany (who’s currently headlining ABC’s Body of Proof, which is nearing the end of its 13-episode second season).

“She’s working like a mad woman on Body of Proof but I would love that,” Daily said at that time. “We want this season to feel like a bookend, so we would love to bring back some familiar faces and tie up some loose ends — and God knows there are plenty of loose ends.”

Thoughts? Which characters are on your DH Season 8 wish list? Hit the comments!

Comments (61)

• Andrew and Tom’s daughter!

Comment by Iago – November 23, 2011 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Andrew and Tom had a daughter? I must have missed that season.

Comment by Miffy – November 23, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think he meant he wanted Andrew to return as well as Tom’s other daughter. I read it as their daughter the first time too. I’ve been wanting them to bring back Kayla since the time jump.

Comment by madhatter – November 23, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ha! You’re logic makes more sense lol

Comment by scorpo – November 23, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahahah, what show are you talking about? Andrew is Bree’s son and Tom is Lynette’s estranged husband. How would they have a daughter together?

Comment by scorpo – November 23, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she’s still with Robin. They were really, really cute together.

Comment by xav – November 23, 2011 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should bring back Edie!!!! That would be a GREAT way to circle back – especially since she was in the Pilot!!

Comment by ceebee – November 23, 2011 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol. That’s just not going to happen.

Comment by RichieOnTV – November 23, 2011 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think they should make one “afterlife episode”.
        All dead people (Mary Alice, Martha Huber, Edie, Chuck, Alejandro…) who “live” now on “Dead Wisteria”.

That would be hilarious xD

Comment by JP – December 5, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • YES!!!! That would be awesome!! Karl, Rex, the pharmacist that dated Bree and then killed himself (forgot his character name but LOVE Roger Bart who played him), Ida, Beth Young and Felicia Tillman (if she’s actually dead…). This would be so much fun.

Comment by Teresa – December 5, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be beyond awesome! But I think the chances of that happening are slim to none..

Comment by chelsea – November 23, 2011 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol edie is dead already. But nice try…

Comment by reg – November 27, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They never should’ve killed off Edie! That was a huge mistake. Her return would help the show go out with a bang, though!

Comment by Skotty – December 5, 2011 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! I am SO happy! :D Of course I am sad that this is show’s the final season, but to see those characters back is so cool! :D I can’t wait!

Comment by Akmaral – November 23, 2011 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Tom’s daughter Kayla! They’ve all, including Tom seems to have forgotten about her.

Comment by BillyandVictoriaYRforever97 – November 23, 2011 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My wish list always included Kayla coming back as a young woman with an Electra Complex towards Tom, she tries to get Lynette out of the picture because she wants Tom for herself. How twisted would that be???

Comment by Nerwen Aldarion – November 23, 2011 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Katherine’s storyline was such a drag her season, but far better than the Applewhite’s and Bolen’s…although that’s not saying much. I’d much rather have Rex return, either in flashbacks or spirit form.

Comment by scooterbeanbag – November 23, 2011 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d like Rex as well. I hope there is a flashback with all the old crew, and especially a Mary Alice scene or two! But very happy that Julie is coming back, her and Andrew were always my favourites.

Comment by Lauren – November 23, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they can bring Rex and Edie in some flashback episode

Comment by Marcos – November 23, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad Andrea Bowen is returning! Then she finally gets to the 100 episode mark! And seeing Kyle and Dana again is a bless aswell!

Comment by Ingmar – November 23, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Even if Andrea returns, she will never make it to the 100-episode mark. She’s only been featured in 83 episodes so far, she’d have to be seen in 17 more episodes, and the season doesn’t even have 17 episodes left in it anymore. And I’m pretty sure she isn’t seen at least in the next four episodes either.

Comment by Renato – November 23, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dana Delaney! I gave up on DH towards the end of last season and this season. I have to watch now with Delaney’s return! Love Body of Proof!

Comment by matt – November 23, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha the ghost of Edie! Her demise a few years back was classic though I did miss her on the show.

Comment by Tara – November 23, 2011 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING BACK JULIE! I’ve missed her so much. Susan without Julie isn’t nearly as much fun. I love their relationship and miss it a LOT.

Comment by Bobbie and Joe – November 23, 2011 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know it’ s not really “bringing back”, but I’d like to see Zach get his life together and be productive and happy. I’d like some resolution with Bree’s kids.

Comment by Amanda – November 23, 2011 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad Katherine, Orson and Julie will be back. I think all the kids should be included. Andrew, Danielle, Dillion, Juanita, Celia, Mj, all the Scavos(including Kayla), Bob and Lee’s Lyza. BRING BACK THE KIDS! Lol I agree I hope Katherine is still with Robin. Oh yeah! Zach, Ana and Austin too! They need to tie in the families and friendships. I know things are falling apart

Comment by SarahMoss – November 23, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ….but they should tie everything back together. Show the strengths in themselves and their bonds with each other.

Comment by SarahMoss – November 23, 2011 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kinda liked Applewhite…so I want to see her back. I also want to see a return of the lady from the Sopranos. I really enjoyed her story.

Comment by bamalam – November 23, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait up. Whats this about BOP being only 13 eps this season?!?!?! They never got the full pickup? Is it considered cancelled now?

Comment by Marni – November 23, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Dana!!!!! Wait…no Julie Benz?? I want her to come back w Robin!! Well, here’s hoping she alludes to them still being together

Comment by Sarah – November 23, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Body of Proof – hope they bring back Crystal Bowersox

Comment by Karen – November 23, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andrew, Justin, and Edies newphew Austin.

Comment by Paul James Hurlburt Jr – November 23, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAVE!

Comment by Joe – November 23, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IMDB says that Andrea Bowen has been in 99 episodes

Comment by Aaron – November 23, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s incorrect. imdb also counts with the episodes in which she was credited, but from which she was absent. She was credited in all 87 episodes for seasons 1-4, 1 in season 5, 11 in season 6 and 1 in season 7. Which means she’s actually been credited in 100 episodes already, not 99. But she was only featured in 83 of those episodes, she missed 17 in the first four seasons.

Comment by Renato – November 23, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring back Steven Culp as Rex!!!!

Comment by Gerry – November 23, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my god! Kyle is coming back! YES! I mean, I’m excited for Dana to return, but Kyle was the one return I was hoping for more than anyone! I wasn’t expecting him back at all, so this is amazing! Orson is one of my all time favorite characters (that may an unpopular opinion, but I can live with that), especially klepto!Orson! So excited right now! I can’t wait! :D

Comment by Casey – November 23, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who would I like to see again? How about Parker and Paige? They’ve been absent from the storyline. In the episode where Penny starts resenting her dad’s new lady friend and refused to visit him…the writers seemed to forget the fact that Tom and Lynette have two other kids who are under 18. Why don’t they visit daddy too? I guess Tom’s love life won’t work with Baby Paige in the picture, huh? It’s so convenient of him to ignore the fact he has a baby so that he could hook up with that lady friend of his.

Comment by Ann – November 23, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1) Andrew – in a stable relationship and happy with his mother, again
    2) Kayla – been waiting for that twisted psycho for years!

Parker? Maybe the kid’s schedule didn’t allow it. Maybe he’s on a low episode order… he’s not a series regular. Paige? The kid’s under two, better off-screen than on.

Comment by Brock – November 23, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My comment was more or less meant as a joke. The kids in this show always seem to disappear. So, Tom likes to play catch with his daughter but not his son? He gets to selectively take his kids during visitaions…ie-take Penny but ignore Paige.

Comment by Ann – November 23, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Parker is a series regular indeed, but a supporting one. Parker and Paige only show up when they’re need for budgetary motives. Whereas Penny, I guess, has been more needed lately. Jane is well aware of Paige, and all three of them visited their father in 8.02. Lynette even told Tom to pick up Parker after he came home for Penny in 8.04. They’re not seen because actors cost money. Which is why all the kids are rarely seen on the show nowadays, especially MJ and Celia, who don’t contribute much anyway. And now Porter and Preston have been written off… Whereas back in season 1, the Scavo kids were seen in pretty much every episode.

Comment by Renato – November 23, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Andrew. He’s one of the greatest characters on the show!

Comment by Lily – November 23, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1) ANDREW – he has to come back.
    2) DAVE – one last attempt to ruin Mike and Susan’s happiness.
    3) ROBIN – in a stable relationship with Katherine.

Comment by Daniela – November 23, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want to see Edie again. I know things ended badly between her and Marc Cherry but the show hasn’t been the same since her exit

Comment by Lex – November 23, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Edie, by all means!

Comment by Pamela – November 23, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!!!!!! I hope they bring back also:
    - Robin;
    - Andrew;
    - Dave (!!!!!);
    - Kayla!

And I know she won’t be back, but i was hoping for Edie… :(

Comment by Alberto – November 24, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should bring back bree’s boyfriend Keith!!

Comment by Tom h – November 25, 2011 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how bout mccluskys sister roberta played wonderfully by Lily Tomilin!

Comment by bob – November 25, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want them to bring back Edie, thought it’s unlikely. maybe they could have a flashback episode with her in it. I also really loved Angie Bolen, though shes also unlikely to see return.

Comment by Eric – November 26, 2011 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :O
    it’s amazing, i believe that maybe orson is blackmailing bree… hahhahahahah, but it’s great that katherine, orson, and julie returns….. i will like that Paul Young, came out of the jail and help the housewives, or angie bolen i will like that she comeback too!!!
    what about betty applewhite?, ohh God!! Will be AMAZING!!!

Comment by Cristian – November 27, 2011 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Betty Applewhite would be amazing. I always felt that her story ended too quickly. Also Gabby and Carlos Bio daughter that was deported.

Comment by Mhead – November 30, 2011 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Rowland and Andrew!!!!!

Comment by Chris – November 28, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gaby’s biological daughter!!

Comment by Juliana – December 2, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m totally Agree.. Hope orson coming back. Its neever be the same without him

Comment by tscha – December 4, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should bring Dylan back with Katherine…maybe even Adam? Kayla should come back too! Glad Julie is coming back. I agree that Robin should return as well! It would also be nice to see Porter and Preston again…oh yeah and Gaby’s biological daughter!

Comment by JenniferAlyssa – December 11, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Umm, Edie died. In like season 4 or 5.

Comment by Dana – December 20, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Felicia Tillman!

Comment by Bob – March 21, 2012 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i agree with all of you , everyone is important!!!

Comment by elena – April 16, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post