Exclusive

NCIS Exclusive: [Spoiler] Is Back from the 'Dead'!

CBS’ NCIS will ring in the new year with danger and intrigue, when it brings back a familiar face in January 2012.

And that face is a darn pretty one, too. TVLine has learned exclusively that Sarah Jane Morris — whose EJ Barrett was felled by a gunshot in the Season 9 premiere, only to have her body then go missing — is due back for at least one episode, to understandably shake things up.

“Last we saw EJ Barrett, she was gunned down and left for dead. Then she disappeared!” reminds Gary Glasberg, the showrunner of TV’s most-watched drama. “In January we’ll find out what happened.”

TVLine’s Law-Enforcement Crushes Tournament: NCIS‘ Gibbs Faces Off With DiNozzo!

Given all that EJ had been wrapped up in prior to her, Tony and her colleague Cade being shot at — covertly couriering super-top-secret microchips and all — as well as how she then went missing, her return “will bring with it answers to unresolved questions, danger, and intrigue,” Glasberg teases. “Remember where we left off at the beginning of the season? Well, here we go, and we’re thrilled to have Sarah Jane back and along for the ride.”

NCIS — which just last week hit a season high in viewers and in the 18-49 demo — continues its ninth season next Tuesday at 8/7c with the return of Robert Wagner as Anthony DiNozzo, Sr., when Tony’s pop is found in a car with a dead body in the trunk and no memory of the previous night.

1. Valerie says:

9 seasons and I still love it! If we got Sean Harmon playing young Gibbs, when will we see August Weatherly playing young DiNozzo? ;) Looking forward to seeing Robert Wagner return too!

2. tejas says:

YAY!!! Can’t wait! I love EJ, I especially love the delightful chemistry between her and Tony and between Sarah Jane Morris and Michael Weatherly. I hope they keep the character around, even if she’s mostly only around as an off-screen love interest for Tony.

• dino55 says:

I doubt that will happen.

He hasn’t exactly been broken up about the fact that she is missing and possibly dead.

It is more evident from Pyramid and Nature of the Beast that relationship is done.

• Ceindreadh says:

Regarding Tony not being ‘broken up’, we have no idea what he knows about E.J.’s well-being. Stratton and co were the ones who believed her missing, and it would come as no surprize to me to find that E.J. had been in hiding since the season premiere…and that Tony and Gibbs were well aware of that fact.

I am delighted to hear that she’s coming back.

• katmandu says:

well, even if they do know where she is – her relationship with Tony is over. MW said that the lovey dovey part of that was over and oh wait… in the same interview he said Tony was moving towards a possible relationship with Ziva.

I know you are going to say it was bone thrown to Tiva fans, but getting rid of EJ was enough of a bone – he didn’t have to go to the Tiva place and yet – he did.

I know you will twist, turn, distort this interview to fit your agenda, but he said what he said, you can’t change that and anything you think he or GG might have meant by it is pure conjecture on your part – you don’t know what they meant or what they think – you have to go by the words they spoke and there they are in black and white. Read ‘em and weep.

So all this soul searching, bucket listing, etc is Tony working thru his issues. Who knows we may have Tiva by end of the season and since he has some really big issues it make take until next season, but I can wait.

• ceindreadh says:

Yes, we have to go by the words, like in the interview when MW referred to Ziva as a psycho, I completely agree (and that was even before she’d physically assaulted Tony, IIRC)

• JimB says:

I would like to see Tony reunited with his Dr. girlfriend.They had the chemistry.

• Rosita says:

If byDr. girlfriend you mean Jeanne-she weirded me out- she was real needy and clingy in regards to Tony. It was like fatal attraction even though Tony was in love with her. She reminded me of the actress from Misery and one step away from having a nervous break down. She did however did a good job in an episode of Bones

• Saint Alicia says:

“the delightful chemistry between her and Tony”
      Surely you mean the contrived and manufactured “chemistry”? Tony and the cute Chaplain had more natural sparks than these two ever will.

I agree.
        Sarah Jane Morris and Michael Weatherly are beautiful people, but I didn’t see the chemistry. It felt forced. MW and the actress, who played the Chaplain last episode, had more chemistry and it was delightful to watch. I loved it.

• Kim R says:

I agree as well. I did not get any kind of chemistry between EJ & Tony but the chaplain….I kind of did. That would be a great story line for Tony. I hope they go that way. :)

• Lola says:

I saw chemistry with both. What I don’t get is how you can not like RJ but like the chaplin…they were both similar in that they pushed themselves into the “team”. I liked both characters and would be happy to see Tony in a relationship with either one of them!

• Lola says:

Sorry, typing error…should be EJ not RJ…oops!

• Svenja says:

Even Michael Weatherly said that Tony’s and EJ’s lovey-dovey plot is over. They won’t go back there.

I am kinda intrigued and hope the episode will cover some plot-holes.
            I hate plot-holes

• Saint Alicia says:

Yep, it’s kinda funny, Tony has chemistry with practically every woman he’s met, except for EJ. Yet TPTB have positioned her as his love interest–how did they mess that up?

@Lola, “how you can not like RJ but like the chaplin?” Because they are so COMPLETELY different. The Chaplain is genuine and came in without artifice or pretense, which can hardly be said about EJ.

• Lola says:

Oh well, to each his own. I personally didn’t see it (the artifice or pretense) but that’s just my opinion.

• Svenja says:

He didn’t have chemistry with every woman.
            I have to admit that Scottie and Michael had a good, natural chemistry, too.
            I also don’t see any chemistry when it comes to CdP and EM.
            CdP had chemistry with several man on the show.
            I am not saying any of this because I am a Tiva fan. I am…
            Openly, but I also appreciate chemistry and good storylines. EJ started off pretty good and ended up just annoying the crap outta me. I actually loved the fact a hot, blond agent would join the club. I am a fan of smoking hot blondes on shows. SJM is hot, but EJ is just an inexpierenced, annoying agent, who was full of herself and got promoted way too early.

• Saint Alicia says:

@Svenja, I said “practically every” ;) and that’s more a testament to how charming and affable MW is. But I agree, the whole story with EJ has been pretty pointless and over-hyped. I keep reading how EJ “brought out another side of Tony”/”helped him be a better agent” etc etc, but all I saw was Tony getting distracted by her in the squad room while he was supposed to be focusing on the (P2P) case.

• Amanda says:

What did you think about the chemistry between Tony and Dr Rachel Cranston (Kate’s sister)? She sure knew a lot about Tony’s “complicated” relationship with Ziva.

• Dj says:

Really Tony had great chemistry with Burke I would love if she came back as love interest for him.

• Jill says:

Why am I not surprised you want her back? You hate Ziva.

3. vicki says:

Glad to see EJ back! Hopefully, this will lead to an exciting Tony-team adventure and wrap up the previous storyline.

4. Gaby says:

Do not want. :(

5. Sarah says:

Ugh. I hope it’s a flashback and she stays dead and gone!

6. Foedhrass says:

Yeah, I’m also glad she’s gonna reappear! Totally agree with tejas, a great role, and I also enjoy the chemistry between Tony and her.
    I hope she’ll come back now and then.

7. harmony says:

I know they have to bring her back to wrap up the story, but I hope this is the last we see of her. The whole Frankenstein storyline was a dud, and so was EJ.

8. Zoya says:

So not happy to hear this piece of news. It’s time for EJ & Ray to go, no more stumbling blocks for Tony & Ziva, who are soulmates.

• as says:

soulmates? not in this lifetime….maybe in the fanfic you read, but definitely not on the screen…

• Rahrah says:

HAH. Wow you’re going to be in for a rude shock when they end up together. xD That goes for the rest of you people who don’t think Tony and Ziva will ever have anything happen. And I’m gonna laugh at you when we prove you all wrong. :P

9. Bobby says:

Ari…bring him back from a gunshot to the head. Not EJ. BOOO.

• Sarah says:

I like the way you think :)

Ari was interesting. I can think of alot of adjectives to describe EJ and interesting is NOT one of them.

The only way I want to see her back is on Ducky’s table and even that may be too much to watch. Ugghh.

• silencero says:

I actually would prefer Ari rising from the dead than EJ. God he was awesome and really interesting. Nowadays we have to endure this EJ character.

10. Bella P says:

Please let this be the LAST time we see Little Miss Stomp & Pout. Hope CIRay shows up as well so we can send them off…together…forever! Would love to see the writers get over the fear of the Moonlighting curse and put TIVA together, subtly but overtly. 6+ years of plot devices keeping them apart is enough for this fan. TIVA is my PAH for NCIS.

• NCISDar says:

Little Miss Stomp and Pout? You must be talking about Ziva ’cause that would make sense.

• slashbygosh says:

pretty sure I have never seen Ziva pout.

This post is not about Ziva. Careful, your hate is showing.

• Lola says:

Have you ever heard of the saying about people in glass houses? Take a look at all the negative posts about EJ and everyone wishing she was dead…oh no, no hate going on there. *rolls eyes*

• slashbygosh says:

Yes, but this posting is about EJ. So all comments concerning EJ are relevant.

If this were a post about Ziva – then your comments would be appropriate, but you used this posting for something other than what it was meant for.

• Mel says:

I don’t wish her dead, I just wish her gone from the show I love.

• NCISDar says:

Careful, your bias is showing. Others are mentioning Ziva. Now go reprimand them!

• Elana says:

Miss stomp and pout describes Ziva more acurately than EJ.

• NoChance says:

Ain’t that the truth. Storms away in a major pout because her CIA boyfriend was following orders and didn’t tell her of his involvement with the P2P case. Yea, that was real mature especially she’s very fond of talking about “you get orders you follow them. You may not like it but you follow them”. She’s failed on that account by her own statement that she was giving orders to kill Ari and she didn’t do it because she didn’t want to until SHE wanted to.
        Speaking of Ari…

Talk about a Zombie.
        I don’t know much about much and even less about medicine but I’d say the chances of surviving a gunshot to the center of your head and a big pool of blood coming out the back pretty much eliminates EVER getting up again. Getting shot to the chest (and could have been wearing a vest since her jacket was all zipped up, perhaps to hide it) would possibly be survivable.

I don’t know who said it but I think the FBI might have her in witness protection. Probably are the ones who called the medics and stuck around watching over Tony until help arrived.

11. silencero says:

Well I was pretty certain that she would come back. I´m curious how GG wants to explain this plothole (EJ disappearing right in front of Stratton’s eyes).
    Apart from that I hope she will be the next casualty, she is the worst character this show ever had and it´s time to get rid of her once and for all.

• NCISDar says:

Are we sure she disappeared right in front of Stratton’s eyes? We only have Stratton’s word for that. Are you sure you want to trust him? Seein’ as he’s the bad guy and all.

• Rocky says:

*Sighs* There are just too many plot holes in “Nature of the Beast” to fix, if they are fixable.

• ceindreadh says:

There’s a long line ahead of EJ in the ‘worst character’ on the show stakes, and I would place Ziva waaaay ahead of EJ on that list.

• Svenja says:

The worst character was Jeanne LOL.
        Then EJ.

Ziva and Gibbs are the best characters on the show.

• ceindreadh says:

Nope, Tony, Ducky and Palmer are the best characters. Ziva is the worst.
          Gibbs used to be one of the best until the reveal that he’d committed pre-meditated murder. Add to that the hypocrisy of letting his former mother in law away with murder, and he barely ranks above Ziva.

• max's mommy says:

Gibbs is flawed – just ask his portrayer….& he might have been a great character until s6-7 when sb all but destroyed him to prop up ziva. now that character is so awful (in both writing & how she’s portrayed) that she’d be a great character if MAD or SNL was spoofing the show somehow. ziva makes jeanne or jenny look like great characters & both of them were anything but

• barb says:

I so agree!Ej the worse.Bringing her back is starting to become very wearing and making not even watch when she is on! She is such a waste!

• Anon says:

What’s wrong with character’s having flaws? All the characters on NCIS have flaws, it’s what makes NCIS interesting and successful. When characters are perfect, it’s boring, because you can’t empathize and relate with them, because they are not realistic. If by best and worst, you are talking in moral standpoints, you should be more clear. I don’t see Ziva as being a bad character. Ziva is a great femme fatale character, and I feel there has always been more chemistry with her in the team than there ever was with Kate.

12. ncisnut says:

Enough is enough with EJ and Ray.

13. Lord Vader III says:

When I saw the title, I was really hoping it was going to say Paula Cassidy. :(

14. kytivafan says:

Well, we knew that this was coming so I can’t say I am surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Hopefully, this is the last we will see of her.

Didn’t like EJ – not one little bit.

15. katmandu says:

NO!!! Hated EJ – I was hoping she was dead, dead, and dead. Maybe it will be flasbacks only. We can only hope.

NO!!!! to EJ!!!! yuck

16. ncisfan says:

So hoping we had seen the last of EJ.

If she MUSY come back – make it short and send her back to the abyss where she belongs.

EJ ruined NCIS for me. I could barely watch when she was wrong.

Tony for Gibbs always!

17. Gloria says:

I don’t like this news, EJ is so boring.. I hope they wrap up her plot for good.

18. stardust sally says:

You have got to be kidding me. Please tell me this is some sort of cosmic joke from Gary Glasberg.

This has to be the worst decision – EJ did nothing for NCIS.

I can promise you I won’t be watching any episode she appears in.

Seriously?

19. Cheyenne says:

Ughhhhhhh…. Well, at least we’re not waiting and wasting the season finale on her (Oh God, I hope that doesn’t happen!).

20. disappointed in NCIS says:

3 positive comments out of 19.

so far,EJ looks to have about a 15% approval rating.

Not a good indicator that her return will be applauded by most fans. Didn’t GG learn from all the other polls that EJ is not someone most of us liked and want to see again? sure, there are some who want to see her back, but most of them would put Tony with a monkey if it meant keeping him away from Ziva. It’s not EJ they want, but anyone other than Ziva.

And it’s not only the TIVA fans who don’t like EJ – the Gibbs/Tony slashers aren’t too fond of her either. And then there are those of us who want any romance on the show – NONE!

Besides, she was a horrible character.

• Elana says:

I liked her and I don’t want any in team romance be it tony and ziva, Gibbs and Tony or gibbs and the mighty mouse stapler. EJ’s storyline showcased Tony as a capable agent and opened new dymanics within the team. I enjoyed it considerably more than some of the more radical flights into Mary sue or super soldiers we’ve had since.

• Mel says:

Well I disliked her (very much so), and also don’t want any romance.

• Sam says:

I agree with disappointed and Mel. Whenever someone says they don’t like EJ the immediate response is usually “oh you’re a Tiva shipper” or something along those lines. I like Ziva. I like Tony. Separately. I watch NCIS for the team dynamic, not for individual relationships.

I liked EJ at the start but then her story line went way downhill, IMO. Having her come back is not something I am interested in.

21. Pamela says:

So bored with this show…

22. oldNCISfan says:

Mr.Glasberg, did you forget the poll? 86% don’t want EJ. We prefer to see more screentime for Ziva, McGee & Abby, don’t waste their popularity.

• Lola says:

LOL! What poll was that?!? Oh! You mean that silly one I heard about on cbs.com? The one that only had a couple hundred tiva supporters that responded? Yeah, that’s a really clear, acurate indicator of what *millions* of fans want/like. ROTFL!

• Mel says:

Didn’t vote on that poll; but I do agree with the results!

• Svenja says:

thousands participated in that pole!
        Tiva fans aren’t posting at the old CBS board because they hate it.
        Too much hate. Most people I know, stayed away from it.Facebook and Twitter are their places.

• Svenja says:

BTW a poll where thousands participate in is more representative than maybe 50 people actively posting here or on other websites (yes I am including pros and antis).
          NCIS doesn’t have a big internet fanbase that chooses to engage in discussions. Most of them are pretty silent.

• Lola says:

This is so true, Svenja! A number of my friends that are NCIS fans have never heard of or would ever think of posting/reading/participating online about some TV show.

Oh wait…I think I just insulted myself. LOL!

• NCISDar says:

And that poll was an accurate representation of which age group? and what age group is the predominate one that keeps NCIS at 20 million viewers every week? And since the poll wasn’t a random sampling of NCIS’ total audience demographic, the poll of which you speak is invalid.

I think Gary and CBS have more scientific polls on which to base the direction and content of their stories. Or they tell, like most creative people, the stories they want to tell…if you like the stories great. If not…oh, well.

• Colette says:

Not when fan of one character were told to make 3,4,5 accounts just to push up the voting numbers and many said they had.

• Svenja says:

You just don’t get what I’m trying to imply.
            It wasn’t scientific. Certainly NOT.
            I am studying and do know what scientific polls are.

But I also learned that the vote of thousand people is MORE representative than our discussions here. It is an indicator and that is exactly why OFFICIALS from CBS launched it.

• Svenja says:

Well, I don’t know any person, who made new accounts for that poll.
            I believe there were almost 10.000 votes.
            How could maybe a few very active, passionate fans of one group possibly manage to manipulate a poll effectively?

• Colette says:

Who is this “we” you speak of?Not me. The only good Ziva is a dead Ziva.

• lovesmentionof polls says:

absolutely laughing here that someone (betting it’s a ziva fan) mentions a polls that was on the old cbs forum….& thinks it should be taken as gospel…

23. ronnie says:

I would love to have the EJ thing wrapped up and would really prefer not to see her come back once the answers are brought to light, but what I would really love to know about is Tony’s past fiancee, Mary, as well as the kid from Baltimore that Tony and Rachel have both brought up a couple of times. There would be some answer I would love to have.

• Blix says:

You mean Wendy? Tony’s fiance in Baltimore was Wendy.

I would like to know about the kid we’ve heard mention of more than once now. It sounds like it was a defining type of moment for Tony, and certainly something that stuck with him.

24. Beverly says:

EJ can go hook up with Ray or Kort.

25. TX_Mike says:

If you must, bring her back on Ducky’s autopsy table.

26. Sharon says:

I thought we were done with the EJ character. She ruined the last 1/3 of season 8 for me and I didn’t even watch the season 9 premiere because of her.

I like that no one seems to miss her or is even concerned that she is missing. It’s almost like she never existed and I liked that.

Now, they are bringing her back? Why? They can wrap up that storyline without her just fine.

I hope they give us plenty of notice on when she will be one – I will plan on “busy” that night.

I can only hope that it’s the just the one episode.

27. Maria says:

Ugh. And just when this season was going along so beautifully. Oh well…maybe she’ll just be around for one episode and then…oops…fall down an elevator shaft or something.

28. Kevin says:

No love for EJ.

Sorry to see her come back. I like the above comment – put her on Ducky’s table if she must return.

Wrap this up quick and move on.

NCIS has better things to focus on.

29. Kiki says:

Do we really need her back? I mean, I get that she still got a story to wrap, but every episode she was in was just so meh-whatever for me. She doesn’t quite fit the group and isn’t interesting on her own either. This season’s been so great and seeing her again feels like a step back. Besides, I don’t think her chemistry is that great with Tony/Michael: Michael is the one who does a great job at selling DiNozzo to us.

30. slashbygosh says:

so, we gotta endure another episode of EJ? If they promise us it is just one – I can skip it and be done.

If they bring her back for more than one – I may have to start watching Glee.

Because watching a bunch of over-hyped singing teenagers will be less painful than watching EJ.

31. Lillian says:

I loved EJ and I know it’s not just me, so I wouldn’t take comments on blogs/message boards as true indications, especially since the majority (if not all) of the negatives to this post are from Tiva fans. I will admit, I would be thrilled if they brought Paula back from the dead. She and Tony had a great relationship, even after what appeared to be a complicated hook-up. Friends to the end.

I feel sad that people will skip an episode because they don’t like someone, and I feel that way for anyone who does that for any character and any situation. This season has been fantastic and I applaud Gary Glasberg and the cast and entire team.

• Mel says:

I hate the “Tiva” but EJ? Really? What a joke, the character is just so annoying. I don’t mind having Tony and her off-screen as a romance… if we don’t see her ever again. She’s wasting screen time of my show.

32. Bella says:

Count me in among those who can’t stand the character of EJ. It has nothing to do with whether Tony and Ziva get together, as I would be fine with it either way, as long as both of them are happy. But EJ from the beginning has been rude, arrogant, self-absorbed and entitled. Not to mention stupid with some of the command decisions she made. Wrap up her storyline quickly and send her on her way. Please!

• Svenja says:

Tony and EJ weren’t together any longer after the SP. So basically all these people complaining aren’t complaining because of Tiva. BTW Ray is a way bigger “threat” to Tiva than EJ. EJ is just an annoying character. I started off liking her in the first ep (this Tiva fan does give characters a shot), but after that she just annoyed me so much and it didn’t have ANYTHING to do with her and Tony. It was her whole behaviour during the P2P case that made me cringe… ugh… but I am glad they are bringing her back to wrap up the storyline completely.

33. Nubiesque says:

Don’t worry about the EJ character – she’s actually a non-factor in the big picture. Things will work out the way they should.

But I do want to know the secret behind her amazing recovery from being face-down on the ground (It was a MIRACLE!!!!), leaving Tony lying there knocked out. She owes us that much in one more episode. But we will always have OUR team at the central core; they are the glue that holds this show together.

• Elana says:

Maybe its her superpower, Ziva acquries a new language or skill to suit the episode’s requirements, Gibbs becomes the ultimate superhero and EJ survives a shot wound.

• Svenja says:

LOL yeah the writers kind of do take the easy way and add languages to Ziva’s list. I am a big Ziva fan, but this is getting weird and unrealistic.
        I buy that she fluently speaks 5 languages but 9? LOL

Willow entered NCIS world and brought EJ back. Oh god, this Buffy-NCIS fan here is insane.

34. Joni says:

Hooray! I’ve been saying that she’d be back from the moment that there wasn’t a body at the scene and it was revealed that Stratton and Latham didn’t dispose of her body or have her imprisoned somewhere.

35. dnoblegrove says:

Glasberg, how about get P2P Killer come back from “the DEAD” to finish his job.

36. cantbelievethestupidityofsomepeople says:

I take offense to the notion that everyone here who posts about not liking EJ is a Tiva fan.

I for one – AM NOT A TIVA FAN and I don’t really care much for Ziva, but I will take Ziva anyday of the week over EJ. Any day.

Ziva can’t drive me from NCIS, but EJ could. She’s insipid and that’s about the “nicest” word I can come up with for her.

I hate it when people make generalities (yes, I am looking at you Lillian) – so I am going to play your game and generalize that everyone on here who supports EJ has to be a Gibbs/Tony slasher fan or a Ziva hater or generally lacking in good taste). See generalities suck – don’t they? So don’t do it.

• Lillian says:

Hmm, I thought these posts were monitored. While you may hate generalities, my comment was just that, general (and based on names posting who are known Tiva fans). You seem to have made it personal while hiding behind anonymity. Bravo!

• srsly says:

I guess the adage: ‘the truth hurts’ is true, eh? ;)

Ziva and that insipid pairing have been the most polarizing and destructive choices made during the run of NCIS. From the moment Ziva was introduced, the other characters and resulting plotlines have suffered from her presence. GG has done a very good job of making her more palatable, especially after the train wrecks that were Seasons 7 and the first half of 8, but it is what it is as evidenced by that headslap last week.

37. NCIS Fan Forever says:

If you need to fill screen time, give us more Abby, bring back Muse Watson/Mike Franks. What are these writers thinking? People wanted Franks to be a permanent role and they kill him, people don’t like EJ & CIRay, so they are going to bring them back… Wake up, don’t ruin the best show on TV!

• Belkin8 says:

I’m with you.

• ceindreadh says:

Not everybody liked Mike Franks.
      Not everybody hated Ray.
      Not everybody hates EJ.

Just because some people like/dislike a character, it doesn’t mean that *everybody* feels the same way. Some ‘people’ would do well to remember the fact that *their* opinions are not necessarily those of the majority.

• Svenja says:

CBS launched an offical poll where they asked whether people want her to stay longer.
        Thousands participated and over 80% said they want to see her gone.
        Of course the other 20% liked her…
        Still, the majority dislikes her.

I for love loved Mike Franks tho…

• NCISDar says:

Official poll…more like a promotional poll to keep people talking about NCIS.

It was not a scientific poll, therefore is not valid for determining any total audience likes or dislikes concerning NCIS.

• Nubiesque says:

Svenja, I must say your point about that poll obviously hit its mark on here. Wow.

Isn’t it interesting how some are so amazingly quick to jump up and “write off” such an inquiry conducted by the parent broadcasting company who OWNS the show. It’s so “laughable”, yet SJM herself was so freaked out by this “invalid” poll, she desperately pleaded with fans across social media avenues to try & get supporters to change the outcome of this “unscientific, laughable” poll.

My, my, my…

LOL you nailed it Nubie.
            I even believe SJM would have stayed on a more regular basis if people would have wanted her to stay.
            Of course it’s not scientific, but it is much more representative than maybe 50 people arguing about the show all over the internet.

• barb says:

I agree! tHIS IS A BAD

38. Belkin8 says:

Turkey….my Thanksgiving is ruined.

• NoChance says:

That is truly sad, Belkin8 for a wonderful holiday like Thanksgiving to get ruined by TV casting news.

I feel sorry for you.

39. NoChance says:

Har! 86% of a unscientific poll on a message board is laughable. Right, the show will go off of that.
    I noticed too that the people posting “Hate her” watch the show in hopes that Tiva will happen. That was a Shane Brennan thing and it seems Mr Glasberg has more sense than that (bless his heart).

Very glad to see EJ again and for the record, Tony has been off his game for these last few months. Loved that she didn’t come in kissing the feet of Gibbs. Loved that the two came to an accord – EJ going to him for help and him saying without directly saying that he trusts her. Sarah Jane Morris is just fantastic so having EJ back is a double “two thumbs up”.

For all we know Gibbs knows where she is and has informed Tony. FBI could have her in protective custody. Could be tucked away somewhere recovering from her wounds.

Cant’ wait. Is it January yet?

• Lola says:

Yeah, that poll was pretty laughable…so scientific, ya know. ;-)
      I’m with you on this, I think Gibbs has known where she is all along. After all, Tony and her went to him for help. I can’t wait for January!

• Svenja says:

At least it is more representative than our comments here. Every professor would tell you that 10.000 people voting are more of an indicator than 50 people discussing the show constantly!!!
        BTW I did scientific polls for my research at universities.
        NO ONE EVER SAID IT WAS SCIENTIFIC.
        Got it?
        It’s just MORE REPRESENTATIVE than the same people with extreme opinions discussing stuff over and over and over again.

• as says:

considering that no one knows how many sign ons were owned by individuals over on the old forums, the idea that the poll is more representative of the viewership is fairly laughable.
          as far as your comments about the same people arguing /discussing stuff in article comments, considering how often your name has appeared everywhere here, i’d daresay you must be speaking of yourself

40. Pia says:

And here I was hoping she would never come back -.-

41. Mike says:

I have no use for CJ! Bury her deep and quick!

42. Tanya says:

UGH. EJ has been one of my least favorite recurring characters. I was hoping her part of the story was over. Hopefully it will end with this episode. I don’t mind having a character that “you love to hate” but EJ is just plain annoying.

43. margo says:

I am sorry to see the return of EJ. She was not a good or likeable character and her presence on screen detracted from time that could have been spent on Abby, McGee, Ducky or Jimmy.

These wonderful characters are so under utilized. I realize that they are B characters, but why bring back characters that most people don’t like only to usurp more time from them.

As far as I am concerned anytime spent on EJ is a waste.

44. ej the zombie says:

Oh dear, NCIS the Zombieland.

45. JAO says:

I love NCIS and the diversity/twists of the plots. EJ isn’t my favorite character, but I like that she gets the team off balance by her presence. Let’s face it, in life, don’t we have people like that who continually pop up now and then?

It’s a fun show and the characters are extremely well written and portrayed. Long Live NCIS!

• Mel says:

I agree, but let’s face it, EJ’s character is just boring, and the actress just annoying. (And no, I’m not a Tiva fan). Very few guest stars got as much on my nerves.

• ceindreadh says:

Mel, just because *you* think the character is boring, doesn’t mean that everybody thinks so.

Personally I think that *Ziva* is a complete waste of space, but I am intelligent enough to know that that’s my opinion.

• Mel says:

Of course it’s my opinion, you always state a personal opinion when posting here, it’s not like I said “everybody knows/can see” I never said that my opinion was universal, thank you very much, since some people actually liked her too.

46. nciswatcher says:

While I understand (in theory) the need to wrap up that whole ridiculous storyline. But, in reality why? The arc started out with such potential and then fizzled out miserably.
    Why remind us of that failing when you have a really good season going right now?
    I for one don’t really care what happened to EJ and would have been just as happy never to know. I don’t care about P2P, I don’t care about Stratton.
    Water under the bridge as far as I am concerned.

• Lillian says:

Except it’s been left open with Stratton and that other guy. It has to be wrapped up, but I don’t think it has anything to do with the P2P arc, which started out very promising but, as you say, but fizzled in the end. The microchip thing was tangential.

• Kiki says:

The thing is… I really don’t think it NEEDS to be wrapped up. I mean, you don’t see any of the characters acting differently because of EJ, or Stratton, or anything regarding this story line. In fact, when I read that they were bringing this chick back, I was like “I forgot she was even in it”. Just compare it to the Ari storyline, we craved for his comeback.

• Lillian says:

You’re looking at it from a character perspective. There’s the plot perspective of those chips being sold to the highest bidder and the Phantom 8. I forget exactly what the chip allowed the people to do, but wasn’t it similar to those NSA agents whose retinal patterns could get them through any retinal scan (their patterns being programmed in through the back door of all the software). The show opened up that possible threat to national security and they need to clean that up.

47. sweetiepie1019 says:

While I think I’d like to see Tiva get together, my hope for that is not high, and so I can accept the need for other love interests. In that vein, I can deal with CIRay or maybe another girl like Jeanne for Tony – minus the whole undercover thing, of course. But I don’t want EJ back. If it were just to pop up and say “I’m alive,” wrap up that story arc, and then ride off into the sunset, then fine. I can do that. I’d really rather she not stick around any longer than that, though. I didn’t like her relationship with Tony and honestly, I didn’t like her. She’s not a character worth revisiting, so I hope she doesn’t stay long.

48. Linda says:

I hate EJ. I heard Ducky has some room in autopsy…

49. Mel says:

Urgh about EJ coming back. Is this the first episode after the winter break? Really? Is this to make sure we forget to watch NCIS that day?

50. Svenja says:

I think it’s good that they bring her back that early.
    I want them to deliver a good storyline and write her off forever.

Tony and EJ is over anyway.

I don’t like the character, but the story is interesting, so I’m intrigued concerning the up-coming plot.
    I hope it’s a logical and good one.

Keeping my finger crossed for a great story and the a big bye bye to EJ.
    I love SJM, but I really dislike her character on the show. She annoys me.