Exclusive

How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: Ugly Betty's Becki Newton to Romance Barney!

You snooze, you lose, Robin.

How I Met Your Mother producers have found a new girlfriend for Barney, and this time they’re not playing around (no offense, Nora).

Much-missed Ugly Betty scene-stealer Becki Newton is joining the CBS hitcom as a potential love interest for Neil Patrick Harris’ brokenhearted cad, TVLine has learned exclusively.

And this isn’t some quickie fling. I’m told Newton will recur throughout the show’s current seventh season, with her first episode slated to air in January. The arrival of her character — named Quinn — comes on the heels of Barney’s breakup with Nora (Nazanin Boniadi) and subsequent rejection from Robin (Cobie Smulders).

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey’s AnatomyRingerGossip GirlCastleHouse and More!

Since wrapping Ugly Betty nearly two years ago, Newton has headlined the short-lived NBC anthology series Love Bites, and was a regular in the ill-fated CBS comedy pilot Home Grown. As she told TVLine over the summer, it was while shooting the latter that she “discovered my love of sitcoms… I had never done a mutli-cam show before, and I absolutely loved it. The next step will be to play a sassy role on a multi-cam show!”

Wish granted!

Thoughts? Are Harris and Newton a match made in TV heaven? Or are you too devoted to Barney and Robin to even ponder such a question? And here’s something else to chew on: Might HIMYM execs be plotting a season-ending bait-and-switch, climaxing with the Mother of all reveals? Just putting that out there. Discuss in the comments.

Want HIMYM Scoop and Spoilers 24/7? Follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop

1. Steph says:

A perfect casting. If only she was the mother.

• Furrina says:

Na… She looks better with Barney than Ted. A match made in HIMYM heaven. I hope she’s more like Lily than Robin or Nora. Someone who can control Barney and let him at the same time.

• jen says:

agreed! Love becki newton and love that she will around for more than one episode!

• Pitta says:

Yes! That’s what I mean, more like Lily. Lily gives Barney direction, but still let him be him. I think they make a great couple and I hope this Quinn is Barneys bride.

2. Chris says:

Anything to keep Robin and Barney apart is fine by me…

3. Ben says:

Great, the only good thing about Nora leaving was it put a stop to the scary posts from crazy shippers, now they’ve got another target in character I’m probably going to love (how could I not, it’s Becki Newton!)

4. nath says:

this means barney will not even have enough time to grief? c’mom!

• Jakes says:

Barney isn’t the grieving type not even after his break-up with Robin. Barney gets over one relationship by moving on to another.

5. Ryan says:

Well that settles, my two favorite blondes on TV becoming a surely hilarious power couple? Best news all day.

6. Melissa says:

I adore Becki Newton. I still mourn not having the Amanda/Mark/Betty friendship on my TV every week. That being said, I’m so over the back and forth with Barney/Robin. I’m sure I’ll enjoy her, I always do, but still….

And she can’t be the mother, unless Ted doesn’t meet her til the wedding. Which seems unlikely. They established Barney’s wedding is where he meets the mom. (For a sitcom, the mythology is sure complicated! LOL)

• Amar says:

What if Ted never met her until the wedding but she became friends with Barney and/or Robin (or some other woman who ends up becoming Barney’s future bride) and ended up getting invited to the wedding? Given the convoluted nature of the show, wouldn’t it be just perfect if we met the mother, didn’t know her as the mother and got to know her? It seems like something the writers would do …

• Eddie says:

Barney wouldnt be so inconsiderate and not introduce a lady who’s a perfect match for Ted, and i dont think Robin would be like that either..

The mother has to be so notorious that if anyone of the gang met her before Ted, they would notice she’s perfect for Ted.. So I really dont think your theory could be all right, except for the bride, it obviously has to be friends with the bride or something like that.

• Ryan says:

The mother is Barney’s half sister, Carly that we haven’t met yet. I think we’re supposed to assume Barney hasn’t met her yet either.

• Jakes says:

7. Bailey says:

Love Becki Newton – hate her in this role, if only because she’s allegedly coming between Robin and Barney.

I love the idea of her winding up as the Mother, though – I’d be all for it.

8. Jessi says:

This is Legendary. Seriously, she’s a perfect foil for him if they make her sassy. I’ve never really cared one way or the other about Barney/Robin and never been a Robin/Barney ‘shipper, so I’m not dying for the bride to be Robin. Sometimes their chemistry just seems too forced.

9. PutAforkINit says:

all these characters have WAY too many relationships

except for the married duo, theyve each had about 50 SERIOUS relationships

it’s so unrealistic

10. Mafalda Neto says:

AMANDA MEETS BARNEY, SPIN-OFF NOW.

11. Heather says:

hm. I have maintained that I am not convinced that Barney actually gets married on the day of his wedding (he is nervous, not sure that he picked the right “tie,” and if I remember correctly Lily is confused as to why the bride wants to see Ted (I doubt shed be confused if it was Robin!) Barney+Robin 4 ever!). Could this be his bride?! If Robin is the reason none of Ted’s relationships last….How much more so would/should this be for Barney (who on balance has been in love with Robin for much longer)?

• cd says:

I loveee Becki but she cant be the mother – they said ted meets the mother at Barney’s wedding and surely he would have met her before hand if Becki is the one Barney is getting married to. Although it would be awesome if she was the mother!!

• J says:

Imma burst your bubble right there–you can go back through the tvline articles but there’s an interview with the creators from earlier this year (after season 6 ended).

They only confirmed one thing: This 100% Barney’s wedding, he isn’t going to do a fake-out. He is 100% legit getting married so the only question is: who?

• Heather says:

I did mean Barney’s bride and yes it’s his wedding (as in not teds) but they never said anything about him actually going through with it

• anon anon says:

Yes, they did.

“It’s not a wedding day that will go completely smoothly, but it will end with Barney being married. It’s not a fake-out. It’s not going to be something where he runs away from it. Barney Stinson will get married that day, and we will show to whom and exactly how it goes down.”

On TVLine, actually.

12. Alberto says:

WHAT? I love her, but i want Robin & Barney!!!!

• manav says:

it is robin and barney as we all remember that in the 1st episode of season 7 lily told ted that the bride is calling him so why would quinn call ted and in season 6 episode 12 robin asked ted to be his best man so robin is calling ted as she is also having some pre wedding jitters.

13. Lesley says:

Love, LOVE, L O V E this casting scoop! So excited to see Becki Newton again, even if she is with Barney. I hope she turns out to be the mother.

14. Savannah says:

Agreed! I sometimes think I am the only one who doesn’t like Barney/Robin together.

• Jeremy says:

I FIRMLY dislike the Robin/Barny relationship

• Eddie says:

I was curious to see how it played out, but I think its just too weird for them to get back together.. awkward.

Also from season 6 I thought Nora was something more serious, she seemed so clueless on season 7, seemed like the writers were trying to get rid of her asap.

• Anna says:

I seriously do not like Barney & Robin together!
      I honestly thought Nora was going to be Barney’s bride & was shattered when they started portraying Nora in a different light this season, compared to season 6 where she looked like a serious contender to me.
      And then, they obviously broke up because of… ROBIN!!

15. Russ & Scott says:

Becki Newton AND NPH??? i am verklempt and i ain’t even jewish. don’t call me on Mondays folks. i won’t be answering my phone.

16. III says:

I want Barney and Robin back together, but not right now, so I think it’ll be good for Barney to date someone new, since his relationship to Nora wasn’t that great. And I like Becki Newton, so I think she’ll be a good addition to the show.

• Ace says:

This about sums it up for me. Barney and Robin are endgame, so we need an interesting storyline to kill the time between now and (at least) the end of this season, when we flash forward to Barney’s wedding. Becki Newton should fit the bill quite nicely.

17. Brenna says:

Ahh!! this show is killing me–first mondays episode and now this!! O well, this Barney/Robin shipper aint giving up :)

18. I’m a Robin/Barney fan, but after Robin rejected him last week, it’s obvious he’s going to try to move on a bit. I just hope they play this storyline better than the Nora one, and that Barney and Robin end up together in the end.

19. Rebecca says:

I thought Nora was perfect. I’m not very happy with the idea that Nora is replaced by someone else

• Eddie says:

yeah from season 6, how barney skipped a hearbeat, how he couldnt like to nora and all those bs, all of that just to get rid of her like this in the end, mm dam.

• Anna says:

completely agree! i hate how the writers made it look like barney’s completely in love with nora in season 6, no interest in robin, and this is how the storyline turned out. pretty shattered & disappointed

20. Cheyenne says:

I was actually upset with Robin bcuz of what she did but hmmmmm this should be interesting. Im all for the barney and robin thing but they could play with this for a whie

21. SpydR says:

Anything I read on this site I fail to believe. She may be joining the cast, but you also have to remember that Ted is slated to meet “the mother” this season. So…. why think this girl is going to be Barney’s love interest? I ultimately think Barney is going to marry Robin, otherwise why would they be keeping the secret? You start to think it was Nora, but then Barney and Robin reconnected and Robin also showed the same need and want to be with Barney and show her true feelings for him. To quote the man himself, “Come on, pull your head out of your ass.”

• JCF says:

Had you watched the show, you’d know that Ted will meet the mother at Barney’s wedding, so Becki will NOT be the mother. And we think she is going to be Barney’s love interest basically because it was announced. Read the article too, don’t read the title and skip to the comments.

• anon anon says:

The casting spoilers on here are usually correct. Ausiello sometimes goes a little wild with his own theories and presents them as fact (House, anyone?) but he told us about Nora (though I think it was “Sarah,” at the time) around this time last year. So I’d trust that she’s definitely a potential love interest for Barney.

• Ahhhhh says:

Ted will not meet her this season, the wedding is next season. This season will end with Lili giving birth and the guys in the Casino (Barney still wears the duckie tie).

22. michelle says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO D,:

23. RCFan says:

As long as he marries Robin at the end, it’s fine by me…

24. Ceyda says:

Come on guys! Robin and Barney are meant to be together! Hopefully this unnecessary relationships (Kevin&Quinn) wouldn’t last longer.

• Eddie says:

I dont like that Kevin the therapist, it doesnt even match Robin man… such a screwed up couple, even worse than Robin and the other muscle guy

25. Javi says:

How can you not like Barney/Robin?! They’re AWESOME together they must be together but yeah, after what Robin did she should suffer a bit and barney have a good time. I just hope they will end up together eventually

26. alyssa897 says:

I absolutely LOVE Becki Newton and I’m so excited for her to join the show.

27. Imani says:

After the way Robin broke Barney’s heart, I would be ok if they don’t get back together. I think Becki is a great casting choice and I can’t wait to see her and barney together.

28. Yujin says:

How to find out if Becki Newton’s character is going to be Barney’s wife:

See if Future Ted refers to her as Aunt Quinn. Boom.

• SpydR says:

I don’t think the writers of the show are that stupid to do that, lol.

• anon anon says:

Or see if they say something like, “Kids, you remember Quinn.” They did that with Nora and it was a subtle way to indicate that she was not Barney’s bride without banging it over our heads. I.e., if Nora was still around, the kids wouldn’t have to “remember” her, they’d know her.

*POSSIBLY NEW SPOILERS BELOW*

Also, why hasn’t Ausiello reported that HIMYM is casting Robin’s kids “a blonde boy and a brunette girl.” It’s everywhere else in the spoiler world.

29. Alison says:

I can’t believe that EVERYONE is forgetting about Robin’s “crush” who was introduced last season. Remember? They had initially met when she was with Ted, and the episode let us know that we would be seeing him again. THIS is the guy who may beat out Barney, not Don.

30. Jake says:

OMG! i so want Robin and Barney to get together but this is awesome casting, i love Becki Newton. Cant wait to see her on the show!

31. DVE says:

Well I think that Barney will marry Robyn. If you remember the scene at Barney’s Wedding, the bride wanted to talked to Ted so it has to be Robyn.

32. Scot says:

Early prediction: The wedding finally happens at the conclusion of this season and the producers hire Lea Michelle to play Ted’s future wife, especially since the HIMYM producers seem dead set on pilfering Fox series castoffs… or at least House cast members.

• Ann says:

I’m kind of in the belief…or maybe it’s wishful thinking…that we never see Ted’s wife’s face. I’d be happy if we saw her from behind and learned about what a great match she is for him…I don’t the Mother to be forever attached to a big name star like Katie Holmes was attached to the Slutty Pumpkin. I vote, either we never see her face OR they get an unknown actress to play the Mother.

• riley33 says:

If I were the writers, I would just end it with Barney saying to Ted’s future wife, “have you met Ted?” and they pan out with Ted talking to her under a yellow umbrella without showing her face. With future Ted saying, “Kids, that’s how I met your mother.” I mean I am torn between them showing us the mother since the series has been on for so many years, but personally, if this was my show and I was writing it, I wouldn’t even reveal what the mother looks like. It would be a clever way for each person to envision what she looks like because I feel that no matter what, people will probably be disappointed with the choice since it has taken so long.

• nickstrel says:

For me it’s not so much who the actress will be playing the “Mother” but more, how does the “mother” factor in with everyone else. We all know she’s at Barney’s Wedding and that she’s supposedly (Ted’s one-time date) Cindy’s University room-mate. But why would she be at Barney’s wedding? My theory is thus, revolving around one MAJOR plot revelation made in the “Legendaddy” episode (i think) – Barney’s half-sister Carly. Barney would obviously invite all his family members to his wedding, including his half-sister. It is then revealed that Carly is Cindy’s room-mate. I also like to think Barney & Robin do get married and therefore, whenever Future Ted has been telling his kids stories about their Uncle Barney and Aunt Robin, they actually are their actual Uncle & Aunt…plus, how much joy would it give Barney for him to rub the fact that he and Ted are actual brothers (by marriage) in Marshall’s face?

• Ryan says:

I completely agree with the Carly theory. I’ve been saying this since that episode, it makes sense in so many ways.

• Jakes says:

What about Uncle Marshall and Aunt Lily they aren’t actual family plus Season 1 episode 9 “Belly full of turkey” Ted tells the children Tracy/Amber the stripper is their mother and they get shocked. Surely they wouldn’t if their mom’s name isn’t Tracy…

33. J says:

Wow, I just realized, Becki Newton would have made a BEAUTIFUL Mrs. Mosby though she doesn’t match up age wise =/

But she looks like she would go great on Neil Patrick Harris’s arm as well!

34. susan bitler says:

i also agree with that. robin kepps switching guys ted barney ted barney kevin

35. Megs says:

We still have to revisit the guy from the bar that she first met when Ted bought the boots. I don’t like Don, either. They didn’t feel right together. But Kevin doesn’t, either…

36. Rachel says:

NOOOOOO :( agh, that last episode was seriously depressing – with the rose petals?! – and this is only going to prolong the suffering. I like Becki Newton, but I’d really like Robin and Barney to just get it together already!

37. J.J. says:

Well, we saw Barney and Ted at Barney’s wedding….so I think Barney is set to marry Quinn, really still wants Robin. Quinn asks to see Ted, confesses she loves him instead and she IS the mother.
    Wonder if she’ll be introduced as “Aunt Quinn” in January……

• HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER ADDICT says:

In one of the episodes Robin asks Ted to be her best man. In a “flash forward” we see Barney talking to Ted at his wedding and then the bride calling Ted in too… coincidence? probably not. but… i really want Barney and Ted to end up getting married. I don’t want Nora out of the picture so maybe she can marry Ted? hmm.. strange turn of events.

• Ann says:

The Mother can’t be Nora because Ted meets the mother on Barney’s wedding day…and I believe she’s already met the gang. Plus, Ted’s kids don’t look half Indian…

• Jakes says:

Also my theory about Ted being Robins best man as well as Barney’s but as other people pointed out Lily looks confused when calling him, wouldn’t she know of the arrangement if it is Robin?

38. stella says:

I don’t want Robin and Barney end together..I love Robin and Ted together,but it’s impossible :(
    I love this show,but i wanted another ending.

• andy says:

Ya,you’re right…i also thought they were destined to be together….but that seems to be impossible…….right nowwww….

• anon anon says:

No. Not “right now.” Not ever. Robin and Ted will not end up together. They were a good couple, but it has been established since the FIRST EPISODE that they will not end up together.

39. Kristen says:

Becki Newton is probably the only actress they could have cast that I would have been ok with Barney picking over Robin – yes, I know he picked Robin and she did not pick him (still not happy about that turn of events even though I knew it would not be that simple!). I LOVE Becki Newton and think this is a brilliant move. Having her as Amanda would be fun but she’s good enough to make us love her as Quinn, too!

40. Kim says:

I’ve liked the characters Becki Newton has played on other shows. Hopefully her character will bring some life back into HIMYM as the show has really gone down hill. This past weeks episode was terrible and the slutty pumpkin revisited was even worse. Have the writers of the show changed because I feel the half hour show I used to look forward to each week has become a waste of time and I only watch via dvr anymore.

41. Kate says:

Has everyone forgotten the episode where ted and robin pretend to be together to impress barney’s dad? In that episode Robin meets a guy at a bar that she had met at a shop while dating ted. At the end of the episode narrator ted says that it isn’t the end of that referring to robin and the bar/shop guy. Nothing can or will happen with her and barney at least until she hooks up with bar guy.

• hmm says:

you obviously have not read other articles, or even previous comments in here. It has been mentioned many times that the guy with the ugly shirt who was supposed to be Robin’s love interest, is not coming back, because the actor got another gig. (Kevin was/is kind of his replacement as in the story line that was meant for that guy, we are seeing now with Kevin) ted’s “more on that later” lines don’t always turn out to be the way initially intended. So no, she most likely won’t date that guy, or marry him.

As for the casting news. I have to confess that I am not familiar with the actress, but I’m waiting to see where this goes. I’m glad this answers at least one question – who are the two ties Barney mentions in the scene from his future wedding. Robin and Quinn.

As much as I really do not like how in TV series they get the couples timing wrong many times, and how it feels a little that this time the timing should have been right for Barney and Robin, I guess third time’s the charm. Because I can’t shake the feeling that even though his new relationship is going to be serious and perhaps even interesting, that everything they story has been telling us so far points too clearly to Barney and Robin being the endgame. I wonder if he’ll choose her right away, or is he gonna re-think on the last minute, like on the wedding day.

So far I’ve liked how they’re telling the story, so I’m okay with the few story arch that haven’t been too interesting to me. If they continue to make me laugh, and cry, and more, then I’ll take it. But my humble wish is that after so much time spent on B/R story, they won’t just throw that away, and in the twist of events won’t get them together in the end. because that would make absolutely no sense. ;)

42. lu says:

why even make barney have a girlfriend. The show was much funnier when he was chasing strange, they’re making barney lose his way. With that said the show is still good.

• Jakes says:

It’s all about character development in the final episode of season 5 Ted says”Eventuall over time we all become our own doppelgangers, these completely different people who just happen to look like us.”

I also love the single suit wearing “Daddy’s home” Barney but after 200+ girls the question was always “what’s next”?

43. HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER ADDICT says:

Barney and Robin MUST get married. He’s truly in love with her and she’s in love with him. She’s just too blinded by how nice Kevin is but he’s not what she really wants. Barney is so sweet when he wants to be and totally deserves to be with Robin. I REALLY hope they end up getting married.

• B/R-lover says:

I totally agree on the point that Kevin is not what Robin wants. He’s nice but boring. In an episode in season 4 she tells Ted that she would describe her ideal guy as smart, funny, passionat and challenging – this discription rather suits Barney!

44. Dee says:

Remember, ugly shirt at clothing store sale guy will be back for Robin :)!!

45. BonesFringeFan says:

Noooo! Robin and Barney are waaay better together! Their chemistry is adorable!

46. Debbie Moore says:

In My Opinion. Robin and Barney Should End Up Together! It Was so sad When She Rejected Him!!

47. Nophyr says:

She won’t be the mother. Why? Because the mother will be Barney’s sister. Remember the dinner Barney had with his dad? Jerry said that his daughter is not there because she’s in college (…studying economics, roommate with Cindy maybe?). And it would be natural to meet someone like a step sister at the wedding. Moreover, that would make Barney a real “Uncle Barney”. Say whatever you want, I’ve had this theory since that episode and revealing Barney being the groom just confirmed it. :)

• HIMYM says:

Oh. My. God. you are sooo right!!!! which episode was that so i can go see it now?!?! Omg GREAT call!! i hope thats what happens!!

• adam says:

i’ve been telling everybody i know it’s barney’s sister i’m glad i’m not the only one. plus look at his (barneys) little brother in the legendaddy episode he’s a brunette and so is john lithgow in (real life.) now think back to the no tomorrow episode the st patty’s day one good now remember when ted bumps into that pretty brunette and says sorry why did the producers show that random girl? i’ve watched every episode at least 5 or 6 times and they never just show ted bumping into a random girl and not have him ask her out or be interested in her so why this one random scene? remember older ted tells his kids that their mother was at that party he just didn’t meet her which is very possible because in the legendaddy episode his father tells barney that right after barneys mother forbode him from seeing barney he hit rock bottom and changed well he could have had his daughter a couple of years later which would have made her old enough to be at that st patty’s day party plus barney had no idea he had a sister so he wouldn’t have known her either and here’s one last thing Nophyr was right when he suggested that thats why ted calls him uncle barney well here’s one to bake your noodle robin and barney are married thats why she’s aunt robin plus in the first seasons halloween episode older ted says “hey kids you know how your aunt robin always dresses up in crazy costumes and then reveals that she wasn’t always like that” ok stay with me back to the legendaddy episode barney yells at his father for being a lame suburban dad and gets upset that he couldn’t do it for him (barney) ok finally think about it robin never had the happy childhood and barney did with the exception of not knowing who his father was which screwed him up a lot so if two people who didn’t have that cozy suburban lifestyle growing up but they always wanted it got together where do you think they would end up? robin and barney get married but it’s not this season remember ted atarted telling his kids about the wedding in the beginning of season 6 it’s now the middle of season 7 and still nothing remeber the shows called how i MET your mother not how i met and called and started seeing and eventually got married to your mother the show is going to end with robin and barney getting married and moving to the suburbs ted meeting his wife at the wedding and realizing that she’s the one he’s been waiting for his whole life and he’s going to say and “Kids that’s how i met your mother” lawyered!

• lexi says:

im sorry but the would mean that the mother is like 10 or 12 yrs younger than ted gross!
        i hope its someone else

• Ann says:

My theory is….Rachel Bilson is in college getting her PhD. I would assume that her roommate, who we know is the mother, would be of similar age and also getting her doctorate…which puts her in her late 20s to early 30s, depending on when she started graduate school. Ted is in his 30s…so that only puts them at a maximum 5 year difference.

• anon anon says:

Except that Ted accidentally walked into an undergraduate economics class at the 300 level. And she was in that class. So she was most likely a junior in college (around 20-22) in September 2009. That would make her ~24 in May 2013, which is likely when Ted will meet her.

Unless they can explain away that she was an older college student (totally possible).

• JCF says:

NOPE. Watch the episode again, the mother is wearing different pants than the girl Ted bumps into. That chick may turn up something in the future but she is not the mother. The writers would not make such a foolish mistake like this. Plus, your “uncle” theory makes no sense whatsoever. I call my mom’s high school friend aunt and she is not related to me at all. Also, next time try to use something called grammar, to make your text easier to read and to understand, most of it makes no sense due to the lack of proper punctuation.

Lawyered.

• Ok! Awesome says:

This conversation about figuring out who the mother is has stepped into crazy town, “The mother is wearing different pants than the girl Ted bumps into.” I do agree about the “uncle” theory though. Lily and Marshall and Aunt and Uncle as well so Ted doesn’t need to actually marry into Barney’s family for Barney to be called uncle.

• stella says:

Oh my God,that’s true.I never thought about it,you’re absolutely right.

48. Nicole says:

Love love love Becki Newton! I can’t wait to see how this plays out. Robin kind of bugs me so I’m glad she didn’t end up with Barney.

49. Santiago says:

I like it but it’s kind of predictable. Barney falls for this girl, Robin realizes she still wants Barney, they end up together.

There is no viable, logical reason to make Robin pine over Barney for this season’s first few episodes only to have her to choose Kumar over him and that be permanent.

But then again this season is rife with bad writing so who knows.

• Cath says:

So glad I’m not the only one who thinks so! I’ll add that at this point in the series, it also makes no sense for Barney to marry someone other than Robin after all the time they’ve invested into the Barney & Robin pairing. Which makes everything that is to come for the remainder of this season just plain filler and predictable and I wished that the show had been bolder and took a more unpredictable route.

50. Santiago says:

And lol at Barney no longer being a womanizer for almost the last two years. Anyone remember when that? Now they have him like Ted, worried about being in a relationship.