Exclusive

Once Upon a Time Star Dishes on Her Date With Cinderella, Big Cliffhangers, the Sheriff's Secret

Once Upon a Time‘s Emma Swan may not have an enchanted backstory to explore, but this Sunday’s episode of ABC’s freshman hit nonetheless will shed light on the bail bondsperson’s past by way of a young woman who once rode to a ball in a pumpkin. Or, more accurately, through a tale told about Cinderella’s pregnant Storybrooke counterpart.

“Ashley-slash-Cinderella (played by Falling Skies‘ Jessy Schram) is definitely a character Emma relates to,” Once star Jennifer Morrison shares in the video Q&A below. As such, as Ashley’s story unfolds, “I put myself on the line in a way I wouldn’t for most people.”

Other topics covered in the video below:

* Is Mary Margaret now an ally in Henry and Emma’s “Operation Cobra”? “She’s not necessarily ‘hands on’ about it,” Morrison says of her TV “mom.” “She’s more of a consultant.”

* When will Emma buy into Henry’s fantastical story wholesale?

* Will anyone from Emma’s past come looking for her? (Like, is she getting texts from pals in Boston?)

* The show’s winter finale, set to air Dec. 11, is “almost like a season finale, there is so much going on.”

* Is the Storybrooke Sheriff really the Hunstman of fairy tale lore?

1. Spencer says:

The Huntsman! yes! That makes perfect sense, actually.

• Phil says:

As much as I would LOVE to see Jamie Dornan as the good guy, I have to say I don’t think he can be the Huntsman. Unless the Queen forgave him for helping Snow White escape, because back in ‘Enchanted Forest,’ the Sheriff was totally one of the Queen’s faceless knights. Maybe the one who stabbed Prince Charming. And she obviously knew by then that he had lied to her about killing Snow. But it would explain his role as Sheriff and his tracking ability, so who knows how it’ll be spun. Either way, I look forward to seeing the Huntsman pop up in the flashbacks.

2. Craig says:

Do you know if ABC has ordered more than 22 eps (like 23 or 24). As is it looks like they wont have too many reruns. 7 eps before Christmas, Only 2 weeks available in feb because of Oscars and Super Bowl.

• Julie says:

Chances are the show will only be back way after the superbowl since they have to make all of the remaining of the season.

3. Templar says:

Posters [ including myself] here and on other sites have been saying Graham is the huntsman since the first episode.

4. Mikaylah says:

I definitely think the Sheriff is the Huntsman. It makes sense since he works for Regina/Evil Queen, but doesn’t necessarily agree with or always does what she wants.

5. Oceanic815 says:

Is it just me or are all these shows taking their winter breaks earlier and coming back sooner?

TVLine should get some kind of winter finale/winter return calender up.

6. Ben says:

I have almost nothing more to back this up…but for some reason i think the sheriff is Reynard the Fox. It could just be because I liked the Fables comics though…

• Esme says:

I’m not sure the fables would qualify for OUAT because they are morality tales with no magic involved. I kind of got the impression that there had to be fairies, witches or sorcerers in the story to be part of Storybrooke and Fairytale. Although there is none in Red Riding Hood and she’s there.

7. Winnie says:

The (last) name pattern of several other residents of Storybrooke threw me off track from my initial thought that he was the Huntsman (as based on his actions and position). :(

8. Boffo the Wonder Sheep says:

And since the Huntsman is married to the queen back in Storybookland, it’ll make for good drama and more Queeny hatred if Emma and Graham hook up.

9. Gerald says:

Thanks Matt! Great job as always and I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks the Sheriff is the Hunstman.
    Really looking forward to the next episode and the winter season finale one.

10. Trace says:

Sherriff had BETTER be the Huntsman! Ha! But, even if he’s not, he’s hot and totally the future love interest for Emma, which is as it should be. I love this show!

11. trista says:

I made the same connection this week myself when Snow told Charming that the Huntsman had a heart. Until then I had wonbdered about who the Sherriff could be, but couldn’t think of anyone good who wouldn’t be connected to another story book character.

I am loving this show – JM was extremely cagey though!!!

12. Jen says:

Didn’t mean for that to be a reply heh but yes :) looking forward for whats to come for OUAT!

13. Mónica says:

Her hair looks sooo great!

14. Meg says:

great interview ! Love this show

15. Serena says:

There was also a huntsman in Little Red Riding Hood that saved the Grandmother and Red. So is he the Huntsman from Snow White or another story.

• Angie says:

The evil queen ordered the huntsman to bring the young Snow White to the woods and kill her – as proof he was supposed to bring her heart to the queen. He couldn’t kill Snow White – so, he told her to run away and presented the Queen with a heart from a dear.

• serena says:

There are various fairy tales with a Huntsman. Just thought a twist might be if the sherrif was not only the “huntsman” from Snow White but also the role of the “huntsman” in Little Red Riding Hood since Red and Grandmother run the Storybrooke Inn. The writers could even have him be the Huntsman from the Grimms fairytale in which he marries a princess and becomes King.

16. francis says:

I loooove Jennifer Morrison!

17. linda says:

I loved this interview, it hit all the hot spots! Thanks!!

18. Holly says:

I think in LRRH he is called the Woodsman.

19. gillian says:

So, it’s been a LONG time since I watched Snow White. Who’s the huntsman?

• Erin says:

The Huntsman is the one who the queen sent out with Snow White and cut out her heart but he can’t do it and tells Snow White to flee then takes the Queen back a deer heart instead.

20. Lauren says:

I swear Jessy Schram and Brittany Snow could be twins… During the previews for the upcoming episode, I thought Brittany Snow was Cinderella, and I was like “Oh, so she didn’t fall off the face of the earth!” But, nevermind. Ha

21. S.I.C. says:

I have been waiting for this since 10th kingdom!!! I love it!

• Hermione says:

I love you for this comment! As soon as I watched the pilot, I was wondering if it will be spun like 10th Kingdom, and what will happen after the curse is broken. :D

22. THB says:

I’m curious as to what happens if a Fairy Taler tries to leave.

Who really created the book (Someone else knows, or it was part of the spell)

The Evil Queen got the spell from RS, but he said he didn’t create it (Lie or Truth…my guess is Truth b/c RS loves only Gold and you can’t cut the heart out of Gold)

Love the pathos and tone of the show. Its got a lot of love, and all kinds of it…

Lastly…. I hope they one day to a music episode :) Not like Glee…but something closer to what Buffy did, just not so darkish.

23. Sally says:

Huntman makes sense to me. Thanks for the wonderful interview with the lovely Jennifer Morrison!

24. Ellen says:

Jennifer is a great representative for the show. She is gracious and well-spoken, and shows a lot of enthusiasm in all the interviews I’ve seen.