Once Upon a Time Star Dishes on Her Date With Cinderella, Big Cliffhangers, the Sheriff's Secret

Once Upon a Time‘s Emma Swan may not have an enchanted backstory to explore, but this Sunday’s episode of ABC’s freshman hit nonetheless will shed light on the bail bondsperson’s past by way of a young woman who once rode to a ball in a pumpkin. Or, more accurately, through a tale told about Cinderella’s pregnant Storybrooke counterpart.

“Ashley-slash-Cinderella (played by Falling Skies‘ Jessy Schram) is definitely a character Emma relates to,” Once star Jennifer Morrison shares in the video Q&A below. As such, as Ashley’s story unfolds, “I put myself on the line in a way I wouldn’t for most people.”

Other topics covered in the video below:

* Is Mary Margaret now an ally in Henry and Emma’s “Operation Cobra”? “She’s not necessarily ‘hands on’ about it,” Morrison says of her TV “mom.” “She’s more of a consultant.”

* When will Emma buy into Henry’s fantastical story wholesale?

* Will anyone from Emma’s past come looking for her? (Like, is she getting texts from pals in Boston?)

* The show’s winter finale, set to air Dec. 11, is “almost like a season finale, there is so much going on.”

* Is the Storybrooke Sheriff really the Hunstman of fairy tale lore?

Comments (38)

• The Huntsman! yes! That makes perfect sense, actually.

Comment by Spencer – November 9, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much as I would LOVE to see Jamie Dornan as the good guy, I have to say I don’t think he can be the Huntsman. Unless the Queen forgave him for helping Snow White escape, because back in ‘Enchanted Forest,’ the Sheriff was totally one of the Queen’s faceless knights. Maybe the one who stabbed Prince Charming. And she obviously knew by then that he had lied to her about killing Snow. But it would explain his role as Sheriff and his tracking ability, so who knows how it’ll be spun. Either way, I look forward to seeing the Huntsman pop up in the flashbacks.

Comment by Phil – November 13, 2011 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you know if ABC has ordered more than 22 eps (like 23 or 24). As is it looks like they wont have too many reruns. 7 eps before Christmas, Only 2 weeks available in feb because of Oscars and Super Bowl.

Comment by Craig – November 9, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chances are the show will only be back way after the superbowl since they have to make all of the remaining of the season.

Comment by Julie – November 9, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Posters [ including myself] here and on other sites have been saying Graham is the huntsman since the first episode.

Comment by Templar – November 9, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, and that is precisely why I ran the theory by her. See how this works? :)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – November 9, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And THAT is why you are awesome, Matt. Thanks for the interview! (-:

Comment by Ace – November 9, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I definitely think the Sheriff is the Huntsman. It makes sense since he works for Regina/Evil Queen, but doesn’t necessarily agree with or always does what she wants.

Comment by Mikaylah – November 9, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^ good point :)

Comment by Tallulah – November 10, 2011 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or are all these shows taking their winter breaks earlier and coming back sooner?

TVLine should get some kind of winter finale/winter return calender up.

Comment by Oceanic815 – November 9, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • do it! do it do it do it do it do it do it

Comment by winky suggins – November 12, 2011 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have almost nothing more to back this up…but for some reason i think the sheriff is Reynard the Fox. It could just be because I liked the Fables comics though…

Comment by Ben – November 9, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not sure the fables would qualify for OUAT because they are morality tales with no magic involved. I kind of got the impression that there had to be fairies, witches or sorcerers in the story to be part of Storybrooke and Fairytale. Although there is none in Red Riding Hood and she’s there.

Comment by Esme – November 10, 2011 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The (last) name pattern of several other residents of Storybrooke threw me off track from my initial thought that he was the Huntsman (as based on his actions and position). :(

Comment by Winnie – November 9, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And since the Huntsman is married to the queen back in Storybookland, it’ll make for good drama and more Queeny hatred if Emma and Graham hook up.

Comment by Boffo the Wonder Sheep – November 9, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did I miss something? How is the Huntsmen married to the mayor?

Comment by H.F. Washington – November 9, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rather, since when is the Huntsman married to the Queen?

Comment by Phil – November 13, 2011 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Matt! Great job as always and I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks the Sheriff is the Hunstman.
    Really looking forward to the next episode and the winter season finale one.

Comment by Gerald – November 9, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sherriff had BETTER be the Huntsman! Ha! But, even if he’s not, he’s hot and totally the future love interest for Emma, which is as it should be. I love this show!

Comment by Trace – November 9, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think he’s the Huntsman and I’m totally rooting for Sheriff & Emma. Adore this show!

Comment by Jen – November 9, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I made the same connection this week myself when Snow told Charming that the Huntsman had a heart. Until then I had wonbdered about who the Sherriff could be, but couldn’t think of anyone good who wouldn’t be connected to another story book character.

I am loving this show – JM was extremely cagey though!!!

Comment by trista – November 9, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t mean for that to be a reply heh but yes :) looking forward for whats to come for OUAT!

Comment by Jen – November 9, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her hair looks sooo great!

Comment by Mónica – November 9, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great interview ! Love this show

Comment by Meg – November 9, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There was also a huntsman in Little Red Riding Hood that saved the Grandmother and Red. So is he the Huntsman from Snow White or another story.

Comment by Serena – November 9, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The evil queen ordered the huntsman to bring the young Snow White to the woods and kill her – as proof he was supposed to bring her heart to the queen. He couldn’t kill Snow White – so, he told her to run away and presented the Queen with a heart from a dear.

Comment by Angie – November 10, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There are various fairy tales with a Huntsman. Just thought a twist might be if the sherrif was not only the “huntsman” from Snow White but also the role of the “huntsman” in Little Red Riding Hood since Red and Grandmother run the Storybrooke Inn. The writers could even have him be the Huntsman from the Grimms fairytale in which he marries a princess and becomes King.

Comment by serena – November 10, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loooove Jennifer Morrison!

Comment by francis – November 9, 2011 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this interview, it hit all the hot spots! Thanks!!

Comment by linda – November 9, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think in LRRH he is called the Woodsman.

Comment by Holly – November 9, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, it’s been a LONG time since I watched Snow White. Who’s the huntsman?

Comment by gillian – November 9, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Huntsman is the one who the queen sent out with Snow White and cut out her heart but he can’t do it and tells Snow White to flee then takes the Queen back a deer heart instead.

Comment by Erin – November 9, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I swear Jessy Schram and Brittany Snow could be twins… During the previews for the upcoming episode, I thought Brittany Snow was Cinderella, and I was like “Oh, so she didn’t fall off the face of the earth!” But, nevermind. Ha

Comment by Lauren – November 9, 2011 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been waiting for this since 10th kingdom!!! I love it!

Comment by S.I.C. – November 9, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love you for this comment! As soon as I watched the pilot, I was wondering if it will be spun like 10th Kingdom, and what will happen after the curse is broken. :D

Comment by Hermione – November 17, 2011 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m curious as to what happens if a Fairy Taler tries to leave.

Who really created the book (Someone else knows, or it was part of the spell)

The Evil Queen got the spell from RS, but he said he didn’t create it (Lie or Truth…my guess is Truth b/c RS loves only Gold and you can’t cut the heart out of Gold)

Love the pathos and tone of the show. Its got a lot of love, and all kinds of it…

Lastly…. I hope they one day to a music episode :) Not like Glee…but something closer to what Buffy did, just not so darkish.

Comment by THB – November 9, 2011 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huntman makes sense to me. Thanks for the wonderful interview with the lovely Jennifer Morrison!

Comment by Sally – November 10, 2011 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer is a great representative for the show. She is gracious and well-spoken, and shows a lot of enthusiasm in all the interviews I’ve seen.

Comment by Ellen – November 13, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post