America’s Got Talent is said to be zeroing in on outspoken radio personality Howard Stern as a replacement for departing judge Piers Morgan, The Wall Street Journal reports.
Morgan announced his AGT exit on Wednesday’s edition of Piers Morgan Tonight, stating, “I’m leaving America’s Got Talent after 6 wonderful years. Turned out that juggling’s harder than it looks…”
Talent’s seventh season is slated to debut in 2012, with or without rumored replacement Stern.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• True Blood vet Kevin Alejandro will guest star on a Season 2 episode of A&E’s Breakout Kings playing a prison escapee dying from lung cancer, per EW.com.
• Fez and Donna together again! NBC’s midseason comedy Are You There, Chelsea? is staging a That ’70s Show reunion with former co-stars Wilmer Valderrama and Laura Prepon, EW.com reports. Valderrama will play a minor league baseball player who dates Prepon’s titular character.
• With The Muppets hitting theaters soon, those colorful little puppets are everywhere — including Pretty Little Liars! Take a look at the lovely Miss Piggy channeling her inner Liar in the hilarious trailer below:
• Good news for Anderson Cooper. His syndicated talk show Anderson, which has only been on the air for two months, has scored a second season renewal.
• Curb Your Enthusiasm star J.B. Smoove has joined the cast of NBC’s midseason comedy Bent. According to TVGuide.com, Smoove will play an electrician co-worker of David Walton’s womanizing contractor, Pete.
• Sullivan Stapleton and Philip Winchester (who play Sgts. Scott and Stonebridge) are officially set to return for Season 2 of Cinemax’s Strike Back, as are Rhashan Stone and Michelle Lukes (aka Sinclair and Richmond). The action-drama’s 10-episode sophomore run begins shooting in South Africa in January, to debut later in 2012.
• St. Louis Cardinals third baseman and World Series MVP David Freese has booked a cameo in ABC’s midseason cross-dressing comedy Work It, EW.com reports.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?