Bones Preview: 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Squintern

Get More: Interviews, Previews, Scoop

When Bones killed off Vincent Nigel-Murray last season (R.I.P., chap), the door was held open for a new squintern at the Jeffersonian. And the winner is… the super-smart, uber-Southern Finn Abernathy, who arrives in this Thursday’s episode (Fox, 9/8c). Here, TVLine gets his portrayer, Luke Kleintank, to reveal the five things you need to know about the sweet but troubled newbie.

HE’S A GOOD SOUTHERN BOY | Kleintank describes his character as “a good ol’ boy from the hills” who just happens to have a love of forensic anthropology. And did we mention that he’s Southern? Put it this way: If Daisy is very neurotic and Clark was very private, then Finn is very Southern. But Kleintank had no problem slipping into the role. “I have family from Kentucky and Ohio,” he explains. “I just tapped right into some of my Southern roots.”

Castle‘s Castle Battles Bones‘ Booth, Plus Alias vs. Jump Street as ‘Cop Crush-Off’ Continues

HE’S GOT A PAST | Finn comes to the Jeffersonian with a record, which will “cloud some of the doctors’ minds,” previews the actor. “They’re not going to want him around.” But who can resist that face, especially when country-fried sayings like “Easier than flipping a flapjack standing on your forehead” come out of it? No one for long! Finn’s “very, very sweet,” insists Kleintank. “He wants people to respect him.”

HE’S GOT SOMETHING IN COMMON WITH BRENNAN AND BOOTH | Like the forensic anthropologist and the FBI agent, Finn has a history of abuse. “That is a middle ground for everyone to relate,” says Kleintank. “I fee like their relationship could grow just through that.” Bones, in particular, will form a connection with Finn, especially after she finds out that she inadvertently saved his life as a youngster. “He was in a very bad place before she came in and rescued him,” the actor reveals. “He didn’t have a family growing up, so this is his newfound family.”

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones and More!

FINN AND HODGINS ARE THE NEW DYNAMIC DUO | Wendell, you are well and truly adored, but we think Hodgins might have a new favorite squintern. Like most love stories, this one begins with dislike. “At first, they butt heads a lot,” Kleintank says. Luckily, Finn knows the way to Hodgins’ heart – it involves puke! – and quickly wins him over, giving birth to an awesome new duo. “He has a comedic aspect with Hodgins,” describes the actor. “They become best buds.”

THE OTHER SQUINTERNS SHOULD BE WORRIED | If Brennan ever decides to hire just one intern, Finn’s got a pretty good shot at the gig. Although he may seem “very, very illiterate at some points,” says Kleintank, “he’s on point and he’s focused. He knows his stuff.” And there are plans to bring him back for another episode, so watch your backs… um, other squinterns.

Comments (124)

• Wow. When I first saw the picture, I thought “Who put a wig on Dr. Chase?”

I always enjoy the Squintern Squad. They bring a lot of fun and variety to the show. I’ll always miss “Mr. Nigel Murray” though.

Comment by Matt – November 10, 2011 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I miss Zack too, I’m still not over that ):

Comment by Ana Muller – November 10, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I miss Zack also! He was so awkward and funny, I couldn’t believe what that turned out to be! I wish they wouldve killed off Wendel not Mr. Nigel Murray, I loved his fun facts

Comment by Kat – November 10, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I didn’t mean Wendell, he is the cute one! I ment Clark. He is so dry and boring

Comment by Kat – November 10, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree that they should have killed off Wendell and kept Vincent.

Comment by Lisa – November 10, 2011 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • He is a regular in Alphas anyway, maybe thats why he left?

Comment by Olivia – November 10, 2011 01:35 PM PDT
        • But isn’t the series partly based on a real story?
          Because in that case they wouldn’t really have a choice…

Comment by Be – November 10, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • the series is based off of kathy reiches (i have no idea if thats spelled right) so brennan and booth and the basic murder-bad guy plot is from her. but the writers created a whole other plot line for the tv series

Comment by Lizy – November 10, 2011 05:43 PM PDT
      • I agree. He was so sweet.

Comment by Heather – November 10, 2011 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too. I miss him a lot, and they still need to deal with the whole, he’s in the nuthouse for a crime he didn’t commit thing.

Comment by ClaireEliane – November 10, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Zack Addy again.Sweets sprung him once, he can do it again

Comment by bobbi – November 10, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Agreed! It continues to bother me that he never even gets mentioned anymore, much less do they visit him or anything. The Perfect Pieces in the Purple Pond got my hopes up that he’d at least have a peripheral role occasionally, helping them solve particularly difficult cases from the institution. But no: barely even spoken of again. Apparently forgotten by the cast, but not by the fans!

Also, let’s not forget: this Finn shares a history of abuse with Brennan, Booth, and Sweets. It’s getting to be like a support group in there.

Comment by Eve – November 10, 2011 10:01 AM PDT
        • Well, the nuthouse is better than the big house because Zack would have been fresh meat all around.

Comment by LMMMM – November 10, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bring Zack back. He was fantastic on the show.

Comment by MK – November 12, 2011 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m right with you! I thought it was Jesse Spencer too! That would be an AMAZING episode!

Comment by Sandra West – November 10, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh boy, I too thought it was Chase from House. Looking forward to tonights episode. Love having the new baby on the show and look forward to Bones being a mommy. That ought to be alot of fun!

Comment by Judy – November 10, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ahaha. I love House, but it never uccored to me, until now. I totally see your point. Those bright intelligent overgrown-teenager eyes, and the marked chin. It’s totally Spencer-ish.

Comment by Lise – November 11, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • omg i thought the same thing when i saw him! he really does look a lot like Dr. Chase!

Comment by lilly – November 10, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Being from the south myself, it always cracks me up when people portray “southern” on tv. That being said, I’m really excited about the new squintern, as I didn’t really care for VNM (unpopular opinion, I know).

Comment by Piper – November 10, 2011 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Coming from Michigan I’m surprised that Ohio was listed as a spot for him to tap into his ‘southern roots’ ..LOL

Comment by Tami – November 10, 2011 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Coming from Ohio I’m surprised that Ohio was listed as a place for him to tap into his Southern roots. We’re Southern? Really? Compared to what, Canada?

Comment by Brooke – November 10, 2011 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • southern ohio… is pretty backwoods… i mean southern as in right on the wv border lol i lived on the border but on the wv side.. and they are southern… just not deeeeeeeep south like a mississippi or arkansas

Comment by a – November 10, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • My roots are in southern Ohio, so I agree there is a definite accent. Backwoods might be a good way to describe, but not illiterate by any stretch. As for the word choices, I have to say the folks down there do have some very unique ways of turning a phrase.

Comment by Karmella – November 11, 2011 07:07 AM PDT
      • Yeah, I thought the same thing. I’m pretty sure no one considers Ohio Southern, except him apparently.

Comment by Cameron – November 10, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree on that one. I was born and raised in Michigan and Ohio is not the much more southern that Michigan. Kentucky I can see. My in laws are from Kentucky and I can see the roots from there.

Comment by shay – November 10, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I’m from Georgia, and Ohio? Southern? No.

I think “rural” and “Southern” get confused for each other a lot. Personally, I’d like to see a southern character on tv who doesn’t have a country-fried accent. There are also variations. One thing, though, I think you’d be hard-pressed to find a teenager saying those weird, supposedly southern, sayings. Old people might say those things, but not so much the young’uns.

Comment by jennrae – November 11, 2011 12:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn is really a sweet character. I quite enjoyed him!

Comment by Jenny – November 10, 2011 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He sounds really adorable.

Comment by Sasha – November 10, 2011 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I DON’T LIKE the the new squintern steals or usurps the role of THE LOVELY WEDELL!!

Comment by Conunts – November 10, 2011 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like all the squints. I hope they keep them all, until one gets a better gig someplace else!

Comment by majamababe – November 10, 2011 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s why they killed off Mr. Nigel-Murray. The actor (Ryan Cartwright) got another gig: Alphas on Syfy. He’s the main reason I watch that show. But I do still miss Vincent (esp. because on his new show, he doesn’t have that awesome British accent!)

Comment by Jennifer – November 10, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ohio isn’t the South. Just saying. :)

Comment by S – November 10, 2011 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing…

Comment by Chrissy – November 10, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing when I read that. Ohio is definitely not the South.

Comment by Andrea – November 10, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Neither, technically, is Kentucky. Unless the dude lives in Canada and he’s using that as his reference point. Plus, we don’t all use trite phrases here in the South. TV writers have a hard time making Southerners genuine on tv…

Comment by Amy – November 10, 2011 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t know, I pretty much consider anything below the Mason Dixon line “The South” – so while Ohio doesn’t count (I’d say midwest), Kentucky would count.

Comment by Rachel – November 10, 2011 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Ohio is actually more mid EAST. It’s east of the Mississippi River. Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, the Dakotas, Kansas, Arkansas, etc. are considered the Midwest…

Comment by marleneD – November 10, 2011 11:54 AM PDT
        • While not southern, they do have some culturally southern traits and traditions. Living in West Virginia for a good chunk of my life, I can say that even though it is in fact above the Mason Dixon line, they are very culturally southern in parts of the state; it is the same in Ohio, Tennessee and Kentucky.
          I do hate though how “southern” is depicted on TV, it’s kind of an insult to any real southerner when we see the dumbarse rednecks they make them out to be. lol.

Comment by Maggi – November 10, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m not from the South, so I couldn’t say which states are concidered part of it but I do know a terrible fake accent and bad colloquialisms when I hear them. I emplore both the writers and the actor to cut the crap and get real.

Comment by Shea – November 11, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m Canadian and I really just sat here a moment reconsidering everything I know about American geography (which is more than most Americans — and this was just proved in this article). If Ohio shares a border with Canada, I’m not sure how it can be *more* north, short of being Alaska.

Comment by deebot – November 10, 2011 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He needs to come visit Texas or Louisiana. He would find plenty of “Southern” down here!! I hope he sticks in a “ya’ll” every once in a while! And remember…”ya’ll” is singular. “All ya’ll” is plural!!

Comment by Annie – November 10, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I lived In Missouri for 3 years; I was told that “Ya’ll” means you and “You’ins” means everyone in your family… could include everyone you know. I never heard anyone say “All ya’ll” There were very different levels of accents, tho….

Comment by marleneD – November 10, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, I am from Texas, and now live in Georgia. Both southern bc they seceded from the Union and were part of the Confederacy during the Civil War. Y’all is in fact a proper contraction (like can’t or won’t). It is the contraction of y(ou) all. To spell it correctly it is “Y” apostrophe “all”.

Comment by crna2012 – November 10, 2011 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Ya’ll” is not something Southerners say. We say “Y’all”; it’s a contraction of “you” and “all”.

Comment by David – November 10, 2011 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just gotta chime in here to say that this new squintern is in fact pretty awesome. (Partly because he gives Hodgins and Cam some great scenes, and knocks Temp’s socks off with his smarts.) I think he could evolve to become a fan fave, easily make the Top 3.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – November 10, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cool. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the article, Matt. :)

Comment by Natalie – November 10, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oops, I should be thanking Vlada for the article. My bad. It’s cool that “Bones” is so popular that an article about a new squintern has this many comments and this much interest. And to Matt, thanks for the bit you added about being in the top three. Looking forward to seeing how he pans out. But you typically have pretty good taste, so–

Comment by Natalie – November 10, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m interested in seeing him on Bones, but NOBODY will replace Wendell. He is the BEST! :)

Comment by Staci – November 10, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Wendell, but to me the best was always Nigel. :)

Comment by @Staci – November 10, 2011 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how he says he’s got family from the South and says they’re from Ohio and Kentucky… XD Hun, tell me Arkansas and you’re sold.

Comment by Alex – November 10, 2011 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww… isn’t that cute. He thinks that Ohio is the South.

Comment by Xian – November 10, 2011 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited about a new intern. As much as I love the ones we have now we are due for some newbies. it will take a lot to replace the lovely wendell as my favorite, but my number two spot is available!

Comment by Kim – November 10, 2011 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t we just have Zack Addy (Eric Millegan) back? His character was so interesting and his personality contributed so much to the stories.

BRINK BACK ZACK!!

BRINK BACK ZACK!!

BRINK BACK ZACK!!

BRINK BACK ZACK!!

Comment by Al – November 10, 2011 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No thank you, the best thing Bones ever did was get rid of Zack!

Comment by Rain – November 10, 2011 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree… I mean I miss Zach but I really love the Squinterns! I am sad they killed of Vincent… But I like Ryan on his new show though.

Comment by AliZin – November 10, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want Zack back too. I wish they would write a script bringing hom back.

What’s with TNT dropping Bones. I am beginning to think they are only interested in Law and Order which is terrible. I am so sick of it, I want to vomit!!

Comment by Kathy – November 10, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • we should start a petition to bring back Zack! The new guy is not cute so lets at least hope he is funny. VNM was great but still not Zack.

Comment by Kaye – November 10, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the Actor asked to leave. He was awesome. I loved his character but I respect the actual person.

Comment by Kae – November 13, 2011 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn is 18, right? How can a 18 year-old boy be working on his PhD? As far as I can remember Brennan only hires PhD students as her interns. Is he some kind of a genius, like Spencer Reid who was already in college at 14?

Comment by udontget2getmeback – November 10, 2011 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • another website says he’s a genius and graduated from college at 16

Comment by bonesfan – November 10, 2011 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you watch Thursday’s episode? The kid’s a savant or somrthing. He graduated high school early, and college at 16-18? (can’t quite remember from the ep. I was more interested in those gorgeous eyes. He’s definitely in my top favorite squinterns. Wendell, Finn, and then VNM. But first and foremost, if I had the choice, Zach Addy would be back and all the rest of them would be in the background, assisting when needed.

Comment by Jen – November 11, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sure he’ll be a nice addition to the show, but Wendell is still my favorite. :)

Comment by Mikaylah – November 10, 2011 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t mind if they hire this Finn guy permanently, if it means I never have to see Daisy again. Miss Mr. N-M, though. He was adorkable!

Comment by zaza – November 10, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Daisy makes me nauseous. I was honestly hoping she would get killed off at the beginning of last season in the jungle. I can’t believe they brought her back because no one seems to like her. Especially on the message boards. I miss Zack and I definitely miss Vincent Nigel-Murray but he had a new show to go to and they had to get Booth and Bones together somehow..

On a side note:
      I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS BABY TO BE BORN! Booth and Brennen are perfect together!

Comment by Jordi – November 10, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I could not stand Daisy either. How could they pair up Lqance with such a witless character. No personality, just in the annoyingly in the background.

Comment by Kathy – November 10, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I can really do without Daisy being on the show anymore and also I hope we don’t see Wendell less I really like his character on the show, but I have a feeling since Finn well have so much in common with 3 main characters that they will keep him around awhile.

Comment by Blair – November 10, 2011 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will always love Wendell the best but I’m open to having a second fave. He’s sounds enjoyable!

Comment by Elena – November 10, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sorry. Neither Kentucky nor Ohio are southern states. South Georgian born and bred! Commitin’ serious offenses with that kind of talk!

Comment by Mary Jane Cardwell – November 10, 2011 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Having lived all over the US, southern Ohio is definitely a part of the south, while northern Ohio is definitely not… !

Comment by Amanda – November 10, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Being “Southern (I.e. country)” has very little to do with geography. It is more to do with personality. That being said states that are in the south have more country people. But I’ve met some very country people from new York, California, Canada, Washington (state), all over really. Being country has little to do with the state youre from. As for the new squint…. I MISS ZACH!!! Excited to see how this dude turns out.

Comment by janeace – November 10, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the same when I saw him…lol

Comment by Kitty – November 10, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree I miss Zack too.

Comment by Leah – November 10, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LMAO! This kid is definitely not cut out to work at the Jeffersonian…
    Neither of those places are in the South. This guy is clearly an idiot.

Comment by Matthew Jackson – November 10, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is my brother and we do have family from the south… Your clearly a retard!!

Comment by Rkleintank – November 11, 2011 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As his sister is saying, and my cousin is referring to – our family has roots and relatives in Kentcuky and southern Ohio. Being from Michigan and living all over ther world in the United States Navy I can tell you there are country folk everywhere. Your juvenile comments show there are mentally challenged people country-wide also.

Comment by Steve Kleintank – November 18, 2011 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow!! He does look like Dr Chase.

Comment by Lori – November 10, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spencer Reid! Love that guy! He’s the reason I keep coming back to Criminal Minds.

Comment by Max – November 10, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones is my favorite show… My favorite. I love it. Cant wait for tonight episode. Work it Brennan and Booth.

Comment by Andre Wrightd – November 10, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since when is Ohio in the south. Guess the dim-wittedness isn’t just all in the character he’s portraying.

Comment by Jon – November 10, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you think they will bring Zack back for another episode? They left it open once he revealed to others he wasn’t actually guilty!

Comment by Mona Kuzemchuk – November 10, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Zack back. He was the first & best & always will be.

Comment by LKerin – November 10, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want zack back

Comment by sandi – November 10, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Zack also!! This could be interesting, though!! Looking forward to watching tonite!!

Comment by rg – November 10, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr. Nigel “Vino Delectable” Vincent-Murray was my fave intern :)

Comment by Lisa – November 10, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zack was amazing and my heart kind of broke when he went off the show. It’s been nice seeing the different squinterns, it kinda gave it some “flava”. When Mr. Nigel Murry was killed I cried, I’m gonna miss his fun facts. Can’t wait to see what the new squintern is like.

Comment by Jessica – November 10, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zack is my favorite! Since he is unavailability Nigel Murray was my 2nd favorite. Any way to bring Zack back?

Comment by Kimi – November 10, 2011 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since when is Ohio in the south?? Now my son is learning about this and I don’t remember that being on his test!!!! LOL Well everything has changed this past year why not. I’ll be sure to tell my friend in TX that we’re neighbors now.

Comment by Mom – November 10, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zack Addy was the best! I miss his character. Him and Hodgins were the best dynamic duo! then nigel-murray! i noticed all the people bones liked are the ones that something bad happens to them.

Comment by mani – November 10, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Southern Ohiomight just as well be Kentucky. My family is from northeastern KY and we have spent tme on southern Ohio and it definitely ranks as southern in all ways.

Comment by Reba – November 10, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zack Addy was awesome! He had the best rapport with Bones and the rest of the cast. I never understood why they wrote him out of the show. He still ranks as the best of the Squinterns! Now, Daisy I can do without,

Comment by Reba – November 10, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree….get Zach back and get rid of Daisy. Also, Cam needs a love interest and what happened to her daughter?? Bones is the best show on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by sharon – November 10, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still want Zach back. Rotating squints is fun. But zach is still the best.

Comment by mnmo – November 10, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss zack when is he goin be in another episode. Bones is my fav tv show but no one can replace zack

Comment by anna – November 10, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still miss Zack. the other squints are good but I still wonder why he left. does anybody know?

Comment by sharon – November 10, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked Zack. it’s a shame that his bipolar disorder makes it difficult for him to be an actor and the condition is what made it difficult for him to continue to be on Bones.

I really don’t like Daisy because of her freaky Brennan fan girlness.

Also, it seems a bit repetitive to have people from broken homes be apart of Bones. Lance coming from foster homes and suffering those scars. Brennan too. Booth had an abusive father.

I think another female squintern could/should have been considered. Someone opposite of Daisy…more like Haru Tanaka.

I hope we get to learn more about Lance in this season too.

Comment by LisaRose – November 10, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ohio is definitely not south. I’m from new Orleans Louisiana which is extremely south. Although I consider new Orleanians a different kind of southerns, tv often steroids types southern and we do not walking around saying crazy weird phrases like they make it seem.

Comment by grace – November 10, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s premature to judge this new character until
    we see what he can/can’t do or how he jives w/ the rest of the
    Jeffersonian “lab rats”.
    On the subject of Daisy—ugggh!Her abrasive ADHD behavior makes
    me want to shove a wet sock down her throat![a little harsh?]
    I will also support the vote to get Zack back or at least in a recurring manner. There is a Twitter acct @bringbackzack
    [#bringbackzack]& website http://www.bringbackzack.com for those who
    wish to voice their desire for Fox execs or Hart Hansen to bring
    Zack back to Bones.As far as Eric Millegan’s bipolar condition:
    He stated in a YouTube video that he’s been stabilized on his
    meds and continues to perform. He did, after all, return in
    season 5 “The Parts of the sum of the hole”. YES Bring back Zack.

Comment by Reebus856 – November 10, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also miss Zack and I thought they didn’t finish that story so won’t we see him back at some point? He told Sweet he didn’t kill the man as accused so he should have a follow up. I didn’t miss that story did I?
    I am always willing to like new Squints though so we’ll see.

Comment by rjmaloney – November 10, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see how the new guy holds up with everyone!! i also miss Vincent:// soooo sad what happened & Zack of course, def never saw that coming! but hopefully the new guy will shake things up, wendell & clark are boringggg

Comment by Jasmine – November 10, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You have to go to southern Ohio, that may not be in the south, but some of the people there are pretty southern, so it may not be true south but it can get pretty close

Comment by Sarah – November 10, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am with everyone who thought that was Chase!! WOW what an amazing resemblance. And sometimes his Southern accent almost had an Australian sound to it!!

Comment by Carol – November 10, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This new guy has one of the worst southern accents I have ever heard! I’ve lived in Louisiana my entire life…which is the deep south…..and I have never met anyone who uses phrases like “Easier than flipping a flapjack standing on your forehead”. Ridiculous character! Too bad. I love Bones.

Comment by Barry – November 10, 2011 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I absolutely hate it when actors use fake accents, it’s so grating, like chewing tinfoil. If you can’t do an accent, don’t do it. I fastforwarded through all his scenes. What a twit.

Comment by Shea – November 11, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought I heard a British accent in there too. I think he studied Liam Neesom’s accent from the movie “Next of Kin”. That might explain it.

Comment by Barry – November 10, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post