The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Tuesday

On your TV this Tuesday: Glee goes all the way, Raising Hope‘s Burt and Virgina go there, SOA goes for broke, and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original feature stories, here are 11 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm NCIS (CBS) | In Part 1 of a “heart-wrenching” two-week arc, the team uncovers a discrepancy with DNA remains when investigating the crash of a military plane that had been transporting caskets. Mark Harmon’s son, Sean, plays younger Gibbs in flashbacks, while Jaime Ray Newman (Eureka) begins an arc as a Navy chaplain. (Read much more about it here.)

8 pm Glee (Fox) | Ausiello pretty much said it all. And then Chris Colfer said more. Good episode.

8 pm 90210 (The CW) | In Vegas, Naomi meets Austin’s country superstar dad (guest star Billy Ray Cyrus), the guys run into a celebrity (played by Jersey Shore‘s Vinny Guadagnino) who lures Liam into a poker tournament, and Teddy and Shane decide to tie the knot.

ABC Gives Full-Season Orders to Last Man Standing and Once Upon a Time

9 pm Vietnam In HD (History) | Launching tonight and narrated by Dexter‘s Michael C. Hall, this three-part, six-hour documentary series promises to immerse viewers in the sights, sounds and stories of the Vietnam War in a way no other has done before.

9 pm Ringer (The CW) | Andrew and Bridget receive upsetting news; Juliet continues to form a bond with Mr. Carpenter; Agent Machado confronts Malcolm; Siobhan’s relationship with Tyler is jeopardized.

9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | The team travels to Mexico to investigate some missing hazardous materials.

9 pm New Girl (Fox) | Cece, crashing at the loft, convinces Jess that Nick likes her like that, while Schmidt hilariously tries to “seal the deal” with the model.

9:30 pm Raising Hope (Fox) | When Maw Maw swallows her gold tooth, Burt and Virginia contemplate waiting to retrieve it. Yes, you read that right.

Chris Gorham Previews His New Covert Affairs Romance and a Shift Ahead for Auggie/Annie

10 pm Sons of Anarchy (FX) | Forget the “extended” season finale; I don’t know how they crammed so much into this week’s episode. (I already teased the heck out of what happens in Ask Ausiello.) Brace. Yourself.

10 pm Parenthood (NBC) | Letting Seth stay at her apartment after rehab, Amber comes to understand what her mom endured all these years; Adam aims to get intimate with Kristina for the first time since Nora’s birth.

10 pm Flashpoint (ION) | As Ed walks her up the aisle, Donna’s wedding is violently interrupted by a vengeful family seeking to do harm to everyone close to her.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the Comments to offer tune-in suggestions of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. AndyLuvr says:

Can someone please monitor comments pertaining to “Glee?” I have no dog in this who-belongs-with-whom game on “Glee” but the terms I keep on seeing such as “Kum,” “Kummers” and variations thereof are really gross and disgusting.

Kids can read TVLine.Com and these portmanteaux are highly inappropriate for children and even adults. Such highly sexually charged and not-so-disguised terms don’t belong on this site especially because young fans of “Glee” do go and read articles about “Glee” and the comments thereto posted here.

• Snapy says:

Think of the children! We MUST protect the children!!!

• Winter says:

Just as a point of interest…not arguing your point, but…

What exactly makes them “inappropriate for adults”?

• AndyLuvr says:

Are you serious? These portmanteaux for Kurt and Sam refer are a tad too close for the slang term for ejaculate. Does that answer your question? You think Net Nanny and its ilk are foolproof or kid proof when it comes to this?

Yes, I do think we should protect children. They’ll grow up fast enough – why give them easier access to this kind of nonsense. The fact is “Glee” is the most discussed television show on the Internet and attracts a wide viewing audience whose ages range from young children through late teens. That is enough reason to try and protect them from this nonsense. Let the fandoms keep it in whatever sites they discuss these stupid smush names but not on the comments sections of general entertainment news sites that aren’t exactly blocked from kids. And, yes, these kids do read about “Glee” if they are fans of the show. As someone who went to a performance of the summer tour, I saw many children from toddlers to late teens who were part of the audience.

As for adults, well, personally, I think these are gross terms. Why they’re gross is self-explanatory. Stuff like this, slash fiction, fandom nonsense has its place – but not on a site like this where young ‘uns like to read up on a show they follow religiously. Most importantly, the discussions about “Kum” and “Kummers” do not even follow the above guidelines about keeping discussions about smart TV. They amount to silly fanbase wars and, unfortunately, a fandom has taken it upon itself to use an unfortunate portmanteau for the pairing they advocate.

• Marcus says:

LOL, be more of a prude. 1) Kids who are genuinely too young to be exposed to “Kum” as a portmanteau shouldn’t be watching Glee OR going on the internet unsupervised. 2) Young kids shouldn’t be watching Glee anyway, because it provides horrible portrayals of teen relationships, and that’s sure to give kids unrealistic expectations in life.

• Plum says:

Please stop trashing Kum Kardashian, it’s not her fault she’s famous but she’s doing the best she can!

• Allison says:

If it wasn’t for Kris Jenner and Ryan Seacrest,Kim would have a private life away from cameras and stalking camera guys who apparently have lost the desire for a social life.

• Mike says:

I hate to state the obvious here, Andy but what makes you any better by putting your said inappropriate words in the comments too? In fact, I would think you’ve brought more awareness to the similar sounding words. lol In fact, I don’t think anyone would have even been talking about that word in this column had you not brought it up! Just sayin…

• Kyle says:

Boooo! Get a life.
      (Kum… LOL)

• LMMMM says:

If this Glee stuff is so inappropriate then why is this sexual playground show on TV during the family hour for children to watch? Maybe it shouldn’t be.

2. scooterbeanbag says:

Since I hate both Klaine and Finchel, I pretty much have no interest in tonight’s episode of Glee. Perhaps if they didn’t hype up this episode and make a big deal about it (see Asian F), I may think otherwise, but I expect it to fall flat in their execution.

3. Sourabh says:

Wow, Tuesdays are really dull.

4. Renee says:

Looking forward to NCIS. I loved the Gibb’s flashbacks earlier w/his son and I’m looking forward to these.

5. Pam says:

It seems the poo will be hitting the fan on tonight’s SoA. I really love most of the secondary characters, such as Tig, Chibs, Juice, Happy and the prospects so I am concerned about tonight.

6. Snapy says:

I stopped watching Glee, but I might watch tonight for the sex. I want to know if Kurt swallows.
    Then at 9 I will watch Ringer.

7. fernando says:

90210, Ringer, Body Of Proof, DVR Parenthood and Covert Affairs

8. Marcus says:

New Girl’s on my schedule for sure. As for Glee, my friends and I are going to download it, edit out all of the blatantly offensive nonsense, and have a fun time watching the 10 or 20 minutes that remain in the episode.

9. Templar says:

WTF? I have to say that your list of what is worth watching tonight leaves something to be desired. NCIS for sure, but where are Unforgettable and Covert Affairs? Yes, I saw the highlighted Chris Gorham snippet, but the show should be included in the lineup.

10. kevin says:

Parenthood ’cause it continues to have its best season ever even better than the first two years combined. Still hoping that ABC better cancel MAN UP the night after it airs.

11. Denise says:

With the exception of Glee, Tuesday tv sucks!

• Yep says:

You mean, with the exception of Glee, Tuesday tv rocks!

• Claudia says:

This ^^ I hate Glee and I still watch it, and oddly smile when Glee hits its miserable low ratings, but I’m giving 90210 a chance tonight just because of Vegas, Cyrus and Vinnie!

• Julie says:

lol agreed. I still watch Glee but I haven’t the faintest idea why. It’s not even enjoyable anymore. When I read that Sons of Anarchy gets a higher total viewership than Glee when combining all the airings, I smiled. It might not technically mean it gets more viewers, but still : )

• Renee says:

LOL. I gotta agree w/you. I tried watching Glee, but kiddie dramas don’t interest me. Scratch that I LOVED Buffy, Gilmore Girls, Friday Night Lights, and those had a lot of teen drama, but Glee…no. Just no.

12. Matt Webb Mitovich says:

BODY OF PROOF is not on tonight.

13. Brandy says:

90210,raising hope

14. So sad Body of Proof isn’t on tonight :(
    That said,
    I have New Girl & Ringer at 9 (Catching DTWS results online tomorrow)
    Mad Fashion at 10 (Just LOVE Chris March)

@Denise: Agreed, at least with my viewing preferences, Tuesday is a bbit of a snooze.

15. Bella says:

I’ll be watching NCIS, New Girl, then the rest of NCIS Los Angeles and Body of Proof (if it’s on tonight). I loved the first season of Glee, but it went downhill after that, so when I found myself fast forwarding through everything except the music performances, I stopped watching altogether. Way too much Drama and Message for it to be fun anymore.

16. Lisa says:

Bones (TNT)
    Last Man Standing
    New Girl
    Raising Hope
    Covert Affairs

17. Jess says:

Every tuesday I see your line-up, I always wish Glee and Ringer were on at the same time. That way I can just forego Glee and don’t have to miss Raising Hope and New Girl. *sigh*

18. Gerald says:

Ringer and 90210. I stopped watching 90210 in the middle of season 3, but I’ll watch this episode for the Teddy storyline.
    As for Ringer, I’m so excited! I really like the show and in the last episode so much happened…. can’t wait!

19. shaun says:

NCIS was pretty boring,even with Gibbs flashbacks(I don’t believe Women were in the military back then)

20. Plum says:

Egads, I cannot stand Jamie Ray Newman; how many man-stealing desperate third wheels can she play in one lifetime? I’m sure she’s a lovely person but she grates.

21. Justin says:

I’ll be watching NCIS, NCIS: LA, Unforgettable, and Covert Affairs. Decent night of TV for me.

22. Carrie says:

I’ll be watching “Ringer” (it gets juicier by the episode) and “Parenthood”.

23. Jasmine says:

I will be waiting impatiently for PARENTHOOD! I will watch. NCIS & Parenthood. Will watch Covert Affairs later!

24. Lucas says:

Dear God, is Clay going to beat Gemma up?! Ugh, Sons of Anarchy is going to be the death of me. D:

25. Baylie says:

Glee, New Girl, Raising Hope, NCIS: LA= Best tv night of the week.