TVLine Items: SOAPnet Serves Up Brothers & Sisters Feast, FX Ratings Surge and More!

SOAPnet is giving Brothers & Sisters fans something to be grateful for this Thanksgiving: an eight episode marathon!

After stuffing your face with turkey and mashed potatoes, head on over to the suds-centric network for eight classic installments of the late ABC drama, beginning at 5/4c.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

In ratings news, October gave FX its highest-rated month in network history, thanks to strong performances by Sons of Anarchy (up 22 percent in the demo year-to-year), It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (+32 percent) and The League (+39 percent). What’s more, SOA, It’s Always Sunny and The League are delivering their most-watched seasons ever, while American Horror Story is on pace to become FX’s most-watched and highest-rated freshman drama.

America’s Most Wanted’s 25th season is slated to premiere Friday, Dec. 2 at 9 pm on Fox Lifetime.

• Desperate Housewives baddie Mark Moses will play a “powerful, savvy trial attorney” on a Season 2 episode of USA Network’s Fairly Legal, EW.com.

Soap Opera Digest is reporting that Jessica Tuck (Megan!) was spotted shooting scenes on the set of One Life to Live last week. The daytime staple is nearing the end of its run on ABC and will (hopefully) relaunch on The Online Network in January.

• ABC’s new six-episode do-gooder reality show You Deserve It will launch Nov. 21 following Dancing With the Stars’ final performance show. Chris Harrison and Brooke Burns will co-host.

• Andrew Dice Clay — who recurred on the final season of Entourage — will make a cameo on the Nov. 29 installment of Fox’s Raising Hope. According to TV Guide Magazine, the comedian will act as a celebrity judge of an amateur inventors convention.

• Fox has officially pulled the plug on In The Flow With Affion Crockett, the Jamie Foxx-produced sketch comedy series that premiered in August.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (8)

• Whatever happened to Cougar Town starting up again after Dancing With The No-Stars concluded its run. That was the initial plan from ABC. If they wait any longer they’ll definitely kill the show! Bring back my cul-de-sac crew!

Comment by davey – November 2, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay for the B&S love <3 <3

Comment by lipsticksocialism – November 2, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For a tiny minute I thought that Soapnet was going to run new ones; the rumored half season wrap up the writers wanted to do. Darn! Oh well Classics are just as good.

Comment by English – November 2, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ya, I’d actually be excited if it said new episodes of brothers and sisters. I still miss that show!!

Comment by Fan – November 2, 2011 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never even heard of In The Flow.

Comment by KD – November 2, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You didn’t miss much.

Comment by CJ – November 2, 2011 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sunny used to be my favorite show, so in a way I am happy for their uptick in viewers, but at the same time, I am worried because something horrible has happened to that show. It seems like the more viewers they get = the worse Sunny gets. The quality of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia has been drastically declining ever since they did The Nightman Cometh episode, and I think it has something to do with their rise in popularity. In my opinion, it’s made them lazy with their writing. It’s not nearly as clever and fun and quick as it used to be. But yet, still I watch, in the hopes they can get back to their basics. Sorry, just had to soliloquize on what I see as my favorite show’s demise. It makes me sad that I can’t find much humor in the gang anymore. I could write essays on what I think is making Sunny feel tired and phoned in. But congrats to them on picking up viewers, I guess.

Comment by Amber – November 2, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post