Exclusive

UPDATED Glee Exclusive: Chord Overstreet to Return in December!

Trouty Mouth is getting reeled back in!

Fox is now confirming what TVLine first told you last week: Three months after his high profile departure from Glee, Chord Overstreet has signed on to return to the show on a recurring basis.

The deal — which closed late Friday — calls for Overstreet to reprise his role as the sweet, sculpted Sam beginning with this season’s eighth episode (slated to early December).

“We love Chord and have always said that we wanted him back,” says exec producer Ryan Murphy. “So here’s an early Christmas present for all the Gleeks—Sam is coming back to McKinley, and just in time for sectionals!” Adds Overstreet: “I had the best time on Glee and couldn’t be more excited to be returning.”

Glee Scoop: Major November Sweeps Spoilers!

Glee made headlines over the summer when word leaked that the show opted not to pick up Overstreet’s series regular option for Season 3. Producers invited him back on a recurring basis, but he declined. “They offered me the chance to come back for a few episodes, but there was nothing guaranteed so I decided to dive into the music thing,” he told TVLine in August. “And that’s been my main priority the past two months.”

It’s unclear how Sam will be reintroduced — we learned in the premiere that he moved out of state with his family — or what his return will mean for exes Quinn and Mercedes. While I suss that out, feel free to speculate in the comments section. And while you’re there, take a stab at answering this question: Are you happy Sam’s back?!

Want Glee Scoop and Spoilers 24/7? Follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Glee, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. AnaB says:

Oh, the bipolarity of Glee… why am I not surprised…

• MrMank says:

Agreed. Ryan Murphy & Co. change the show’s direction more frequently than they change their collective underwear. Still waiting for them to screw up American Horror Story.

• Chris says:

….why are you waiting? They already have…

• james says:

what are you talking about!!!! that show is already screwed up.

• Chris says:

Oh come on…look at American Horror Story…it’s a completely mess from episode one

• Mrs. Colfer says:

Thats a little harsh don’t you think? I certainly think so. You have the right to voice your opinion but being rude to others ideas is not nessicary. I’m not saying that if you hate Glee so much don’t say anything at all (but thats what I would perfer) however, if you could just tone down the attitude, that would be awesome :)
          Happy Holidays

• yep says:

so true. They did it second season to Nip and Tuck now Glee season 2. Give American Horror Story a season 2 then see where it heads.
        As for Glee season 3 it’s better but the volume of viewers have dropped dramatically. It’s a shame for Glee s1 was it for me. And still I watch with baited breath for S3 for fall as well. Hope not.
        As for Sam coming back I’m glad just hope for sound writing for all characters including his. I feel he is straight and that he deserves a fair stake in the show not as a background character who always loses a girlfriend to someone or something (Quinn/Finn or Santana/Britanny).

• ArtNOLA says:

I enjoyed Glee in season 1 when it was more about the music than all the freaking drama. I can’t stand all the stupid stuff that is going on in the background, just sing, dance and let it be a fun show again and not all about who is dating who and who is going behind someone’s back to stab them in it. No wonder kids today are so messed up relationship-wise when this is what they have as examples.

• Darcy says:

The volume of viewers has not dropped dramatically. The episodes in Season 3 have all scored higher ratings and demos than some of the later episodes of Season 2. Once the 3 day and 7 day DVR ratings are added in, Glee’s number improve dramatically. It is at or near the top of the several key ratings (such at teens, women age 18-34, households making over $100k).

• Brad says:

You’re right Darcy. There’s a lot of talk about Glee’s ratings dropping so fast. Even with the drops in viewers, they are still near the top in ratings.

What you’re saying about their target audience is absolutely true.

I’m curious about all the people who are saying “I’m not watching anymore if…” I would bet that 90% of you will be back.

• Jessica says:

Have to wonder if they will write in Sam’s return with Mercedes being pregnant and not knowing who is the father Sam or the boy she is now dating. She sure has been portrayed as possibly being with bun in oven. Would make life interesting for all involved.

• Greg says:

Yeah it’s not like I didn’t like Sam, I did, but I wish the Glee writers would make up their minds. Siriusly!

• Anna says:

Excuse me, but it was not the writer’s fault!! They wanted him to stay as regular, he didn’t take it. There’s nothing they can do about the actors choices!

• Jackie says:

They didn’t offer him the chance to be a regular, just a recurring role.

• Ty says:

No, they actually did offer him to be a regular. They said that he would go as a recurring character for the first half of episodes, then possibly be made a regular by the end of the season, probably so that he could be the lead star of season four.

• Aces says:

@Ty, key word – POSSIBLY. I have the feeling he wanted a guarantee.

• Sam says:

Another example of the producers not having a clue how to run this show. Going to be another lame storyline to reintroduce him, one of way too many characters to write for. I just can’t see this season recovering from the mess. They needed to stick to their promises of ‘back to basics’ and no guest stars… instead we have a return to the baby plotline of season 1 and a big guest star for Shelby. Next we have to make way for the Glee project kids, oh and even coach Bieste needs to have a storyline. Please. Get. Back. To. Basics.

• cj says:

i dont consider idina menzel’s part time gig as a guest appearance, at least in the sense that everyone is referring to. shelby in one of the more subtle guest characters, she’s not like Gwyneth Paltrow or Britney Spears where they made a huge deal out of it. shelby’s story line is going to, presumably, take us throughout the entire season, as one of many interlaced plot lines, rather than a one-off exciting episode. still a guest star, yes, but a much better constructed one in my opinion.

• nope says:

I for one am NOT excited about Ann Hathaway as Kurt’s lesbian aunt. Kurt show again and so is the sexual orientation over-load. There are wonderful characters and actors portraying them on the show already why have more guests stars is beyond me. I’m totally over guests stars since Gwynneth was forced fed on me. I really like GP as an actress and she is remarkable on all accounts but not on my favorite show over and over. Since GP was given such headlining pinache on Glee many other stars have stated would like to be on Glee also. Enough is enuff.
          Idina Menzel whose talent is supurb has a character binding her to many of the characters on Glee making her storyline essential to and eventual and harmonious hopefully end for all.

• Andre says:

Seems to me that the “back to basics” is that they’re creating a NEW glee club in the school, which is for the underdogs. Sounds like they’re trying to re-create season 1, except of course having two glee clubs in a school that two seasons ago didn’t have the interest or finances to maintain one is just stupid.

I’m willing to bet that the story lines for the new glee club will mirror some stories from season 1, first 13 episodes.

• Glee Project says:

Making way for the Glee Project kids was a good call for the producers… All the regulars are graduating at the end of this season, so if you want a season 4 they need to be replaced. I think this was a great way to get some fresh faces onto a show that most of us love… they can introduce new characters with our old favorites and season 4 will go much more smoothly. Not to mention they can build up stories with the new characters that will bring back viewers and keep ratings where they need to be to avoid being canceled.

• Kalleb says:

Actually, Tina and Arty will be there since their Juniors this year. Also, Rachel, Finn, Kurt, and Blaine will be their for sure next season as Main Characters still, with the new Glee Club members as Reccuring or either new added Main Cast members(Sam). If they stop with all this nonsence and all the Guest Stars, then viewers wouldn’t drop. They still have high viewership, just not many people are interested anymore due to all the Guest Stars and pointless storylines. These new Writers are just terrible with the story lines, some are good, but I just think they should of hired 2 new writers instead of six with all different ideas.. to much to handle since they now have this new show for FX.. I love Glee, and I always will. I hope they can stay on for at least 6-9 more Seasons…

• Katy says:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sam is my very favorite character! I’m about ten levels beyond thrilled that he’s coming back!!!!!!!!!

• karenb says:

This is the best news I’ve heard in a very long time! Love me some Trouty-Mouth! :)

• katie says:

i love sam too hes the best ive ever seen sing and dance well Harry Jr Shum is the best dancer but i love him so much that i want to go see the glee cast so bad i cant stop talking aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i lovvveeee gleeeeeeeee

• jcamacho says:

NOW I CAN GO BACK TO WATCHING GLEE! WAS HOLDING OUT BECAUSE SAM *CHORD OVERSTREET* LEFT THE SHOW!!!

• Ready says:

I gave it up also after Sam’s departure. I’ll give it another shot also, but not until he’s back on.

• Kalleb says:

Really? You stopped watching because ONE New reccuring character that was added last season? Oh wow. He wasn’t the important one last season, but I just know he will this Season.. But whatever, what will you do once all the origianl characters are gone? What did you expect? That they can all be Sophmores and Juniors for 10 years.. then graduate? Haha.

• Danielle Burger says:

Am I excited Sam Evens is back in town?…HELL YES!!!

2. David says:

Definitely excited about his return!

3. scooterbeanbag says:

Meh. He was useless before and he’ll probably continue to be when he returns.

• gleeKaitlyn says:

my thoughts exactly!!!

• Stephanie says:

agreed. Im tired of ppl leaving and going back to glee like its no body business and its usually a boring and idiotic sl so please stick with all your 97356537 main characters RIB. Tina, Artie anyone?

• annette says:

100% agree. I could not care less.

• michelle says:

and i’m assuming that you prefer boring blaine than sam, hm?

• D. says:

Why do you Sam fans have to turn everything into Sam vs Blaine? SOme people just aren’t impressed by Sam or Chord, deal with it. Personally, I’d prefer more of Mike Chang. He got a great episode this season, I don’t want to worry about yet another face for him to lose time to.

• AndyLuvr says:

Agreed. Harry Shum Jr. was amazing in “Asian F” and that’s exactly why this season is already so much better than last year. The showrunners had no idea what to do with Chord Overstreet and Sam Evans last year. Just take a look at his horrible story arc. So what’s the point in bringing this actor and character back when they tried everything under the sun last season and nothing stuck. Not his dyslexic wannabe quarterback plot, his attempt to be BF material to Quinn, Santana and Mercedes, his gay-tease story with Kurt, his recession poster boy garbage, his not so great singing and so on and so forth. Sam is a useless character and will always be useless.

• Lily says:

All those storylines you mentioned are boring to you and interesting to me !

• Ready says:

I actually found them all interesting and I also enjoyed his singing voice.

• angela says:

Sam had a lot of potential, which they only realized towards the end of the season. His poverty story was just as hard-hitting and emotionally resonant as their treatment of gay issues. Harry Shum Jr’s single episode doesn’t prove that he’s a better actor or singer than Chord. He’s done nothing but dance for two seasons.

4. EHJKELJDNRWEFD says:

OH MY GOOOOOoOoOODOD AND KURT AND BLAINE ARE HAVING PROBLEMS AND ITS KUMMING OH MY GoOOOoOODD

• Emily says:

Yup, that’s totally what’s going to happen!!!

• lietomeifyouhaveto says:

Obviously…

• E. says:

L O L….I’m sure that’s where they’re going with this. If Sam’s getting with anyone, it’s Mercedes. Shane/Mercedes doesn’t work, I’m sure the writers are seeing that too.

• Max says:

LOL. Sam is straight. How many times do you shippers have to be told this?

• ha says:

Please refresh my memory – when exactly was that stated? Bisexuality exists, you know.

• Nina says:

It’s not about Sam being straight or not. We ship them because we find the two of them compatible. And cute. And perfect, but that’s besides the point. Besides, it’s not like you can say for 100% certainty that Sam isn’t just a closeted bisexual. You can never know. We shippers only hope and wish, there is no law forbidding us from doing that.
        Personally, I’m seriously excited!!! Sam is such a lovable character, and with his return, I’ll be able to go all gaga over him x3

• D. says:

There is a distinct difference between liking a ship and insisting that that ship will happen on the show. Personally, I’m a MiKurt fan. I’d love to see it on the show, but I know that’s not going to happen. I’m not sure why some Kum shippers can’t just enjoy their ship without going “it’s kumming!!!” all the time. It’s probably not. It might because Glee has no sense of continuity, but at the moment it looks like Kurt and Blaine are solid. Why take the time to post an irritating message when instead you could just express happiness for a character you like coming back?

• bob says:

wait, so a sam/kurt pairing is called “kum” and fans of said pairing say “it’s kumming?” how did i not know about this? hilarious. probably the only good thing to come out of “shipping (which is the dumbest term EVER ftr).”

• Lily says:

Why shipping Sam and Kurt ? I think if Sam is gay.. he is more compatible with Blaine…

• nope says:

Why does everyone have to turn gay, bi, or unable to come out. I have great respect for some of the themes of the episodes on Glee. Bullying, teen pregnancy, gay acceptance, accepting one’s self,etc. But there are other issues teens go through not just sexual orientation. Please let handsome Sam be straight and have a great storyline for his time on Glee s3. Like get rid of Shane and rekindle Sam and Mercedes. They were good together. Sam didn’t deserve the hurt and disrespect Quinn gave him. I hope the writers don’t rekindle that pair.

• Blah says:

How can Sam and Mercedes be good together when we didn’t see their relationship to the very last episode and for five seconds? That made no sense. And honestly, I think Quinn and Sam were great together, she was nicer while dating him. They were perfect.

• Steph says:

I doubt it. Sam/Kurt was one of the early aborted versions of the “Kurt gets a boyfriend” storyline – he was originally brought in to fill that role, but they decided to focus on the Karofsky “closeted bully” story instead, and then developed Blaine as the BF. Sam had already been introduced, though, so they had to figure out what to do with him, and paired him off with Quinn. The whole thing was a part of the stupid storyline whiplash that they’re apparently not over at all.

Sam leaving was very much a part of the summer PR debacle where they didn’t know who they were keeping or letting go. But he’s plenty popular – still tons of fan fiction being written about him.

I’m betting that a Kurt\Blaine breakup will involve a repentant and redeemed Karofsky, given that “beefy football player” was more Kurt’s “type” than Blaine is, and given the hints Chris Colfer is throwing out about Kurt\Blaine because they didn’t have other options. I doubt Sam will have anything to do with Kurt. I’ll bet he’s going to be Quinn’s redux boyfriend again. Boring.

• Darcy says:

Kurt specifically told Karofsky that he was not his type. The other option who is being brought in is Warbler Sebastian who will be attracted to Blaine but will be a Santana type. Kurt and Blaine will only be getting closer (as close as you can get) in upcoming episodes.

• Jo says:

Disgusting.

5. Cindy says:

Since his absence has been the reason I haven’t watched one second of S3 of Glee, yeah, I missed Sam Evans. I’ll tune back in to watch when his episodes air.

• L says:

He was a fairly minor character and he’s the reason you aren’t watching new episodes? Really? Did you like season one when there was no Sam?

• Stephanie says:

she probably didnt watch season 1 U_U!, Im guessin

• Sam says:

Well that makes perfect sense!
          Season 1: “Oh, theres no character in this show named Sam Evans played by Chord Overstreet? I don’t think I can watch this.”
          Season 2: “Hey, how convenient! I can watch this show now.”
          Teach me your ways, oh wise prophet.

• Stephanie says:

well I happen to know ppl that didnt watch season 1 but tuned in later…makes no sense? sorry for ya. really man, chillax

• michelle says:

Maybe he was a minor character, but maybe she liked him over other main characters (who are horrible, btw). And she didn’t say she didn’t like season 1, she meant season 3. Get your facts straight.

• Ready says:

My sentiments exactly. I enjoyed watching the adorkable nice guy Sam and enjoyed watching his character. I completely lost interest when his character was written out. Once he is actually back on the show, I’ll give it another chance.

6. Kelly says:

Yay Trouty Mouth!!!!!! Hahaha so excited!!!

7. Irishgirl says:

Surprising. I wouldn’t have come back if I were him.

• spencer says:

I wonder how his music career is going then?

• jules says:

it’s obviously going bad if he’s coming back on glee lol

• mas says:

I guess the thought process was, if you’re music career is going down the toilet, might as well flush down your acting career while you’re at it.

• pmcc says:

If you followed his twitter, you would know he has been recording xD maybe he’s finnishing the album and decided to come back

• a says:

I’m sorry, what acting career? While he and “Sam Evans” are ridiculously cute, he is not a good actor, and neither is Cory nor Mark. Don’t get me wrong. I am a fan, and own the first two seasons and I am delighted that he is back. But let’s be honest here. What acting career? Cris, Harry, Lea and Naya could have excellent acting careers!!

• cgubbin says:

Actually, it’s going well. He recorded on his album, with help from Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and some other big hitters and now he has the opportunity to step right back in where he left off and get paid more money. Then when the show is on hiatus, he can promote and release his album. Oh, and he did some co writing with his VERY successful songwriting Dad while not appearing on Glee….Yes, I think Chord, aka Trouty Mouth is either brilliant or living a charmed life. Don’t comment on things if you don’t know what you are taling about. I also began watching Glee during S2 and quit watching when Sam’s character left, now I’m going to tune in again in December. Oh, and I’m not a silly little teenage girl, I am a 44 year old woman with a husband and 3 children. We all watched Glee at the beginning of S2, but we own the S1 on DVD, but we all stopped watching when Sam’s character left. Hmmm, weird huh? Guess we like Chord Overstreet more than the main characters.

8. Ali H. says:

YESS! I foresee lots of drama.

9. Sarah I says:

So excited by this! Too excited I think?!

10. Katie says:

I’m SO happy! I know a lot of people thought Sam was boring or generic, but I really thought towards the end of last season they were taking him in the right direction so I was genuinely sad when they said he wouldn’t be returning. With this news though, I’m just elated!

11. Melanie says:

This back-and-forthing is maddening! Meanwhile, we STILL haven’t seen Max Adler’s Dave Karofsky. I was enjoying this season, but this news and the scarcity of my favourite character in the first 7 (if spoilers are to be believed) has me doubting that I’ll KEEP enjoying it…

• Andrew says:

Max will be back in episode 5 airing November 8th.

• Melanie says:

Uh huh. And I’m looking forward to a shocking and interesting 2-minute appearance before he’s gone again for another 2 episodes, if Iqbal’s correct. Then Christmas break… Running out of steam and hope that the most compelling story on the show is going to get told.

• Emily says:

Karofsky is back in episode 5

• lietomeifyouhaveto says:

…karofsky is your favorite character?

• Meisha says:

I’m confuzzled…wasn’t Dave a senior? Did he graduate? Cause we’ve seen Azimio so if Dave wasn’t a senior last year wouldn’t they have at least shown him in passing? Is Max Adler on contract or is he like Idina and just a guest star?

• Jason says:

I thought Karofsky and Azimio were both seniors but clearly Azimio at least wasn’t since we saw him in Asian F. That makes me think Karofsky WAS a senior because otherwise it makes no sense for us not to see him AND for no one to mention him.

• Mellie says:

Put Karofsky was JUNIOR prom king.

• JPihasdpga says:

Well, we all know that RIB has no problem with constantly changing what grade a character is in. Take a look at Blaine. He started out as a senior, then he was a junior at the end of the second season, and now at the beginning of the third season he’s still a junior. So he could have changed Dave’s grade without a second thought.

• Sam says:

Blaine is going to be a senior again by the time 3.22 rolls around because of how pissed the fans are that Kurt’s leaving him behind. Then next season he and Kurt will be sophomores again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• NMO says:

They never said Blaine was a senior or junior or anything last season.

• Steph says:

The actor has said he’s going to be back – there was some speculation that we haven’t seen him because he enrolled at Dalton at the beginning of the year. Supposedly there were photos of him in a Dalton uniform.

• J says:

“confuzzled”!! Ha!! I love that word. You’re my hero. :)

12. Alessia says:

If Sam’s coming back I will be the happiest person EVER! He was my favourite male character and I was missing him so much! But please this time they HAVE to make him sing something bettere than Rebecca Black or Bieber! I’m counting on “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz! He’s perfect for that song!

• yep says:

AGREED!!!!!! He fits Mraz, McGraw anything soft rock. When looking at reruns s2. The best part where he shines at his vocals IMO is his back up to Rachel on the Cherolet commercial during Thriller episode. His voice is so pure. That’s when I appreciated his vocals. Not Bieber or Rebecca Black.

• James says:

His voice is so weak he can’t get anything better than that. Even Glee’s usual over-production couldn’t hide that disaster.

13. Ruby says:

Couldn’t care less. But I WOULD like to know when the SHOW is coming back. It dropped off the air without a word.

14. Frank says:

I hope they ditch one of the newer characters cause there’s just way too many!!

• nikki says:

in season one they had time to focus on every caracter! but now? all i get is a lot of Kurt&Blaine/Rachel and thats it. SOME OF US JUST DON’T CARE ABOUT THE 3 OF THEM.
      and every solo goes to Finn (and i really don’t like him singing. specialy since he destroyed Just the way you are) or Blaine.
      why?! Mark is there from season one and he has great voice (way better than Finns in my oppinion) and Mike is way better than i thought. it’s just sad that i have to watch 3 seasons to find that out coz all I’m hearing is Kurt and his drama.
      I want to hear a song form Mark, Mike, Quinn, Santana, mabey even Tina.
      but I won’t coz we don’t have time because thay have to may caracters on the show and of course Rachel has to have at least 2 solos per episode.

• Sara says:

‘Every solo to Finn’…. are you actually watching this show? He hasn’t had a solo since the Furt episode in season 2. Blaine has become the male soloist judging by all the Dalton tunes last season and his solos in the first two eps in this. And the show is suffering for it because the guy can’t act. Even if you judge Finn not to be the best singer (I don’t agree, particularly for Jessie’s Girl and the Zombies number which were the kind of pop rock he sings) but at least he ACTS though the songs so you feel the characters emotions. There are a lot of polished performances on the show but very few that leave you with any emotion.

• yep says:

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!
          Blaine good singer and performer but not as an actor. He’s ok and fits the bill but not on emotions and showing anything subtle.
          Finn I personally like and love his singing most better than some. But he shows the emotions and heartfelt actions and shows them during the scenes while acting and singing. Sara you are exactly right on about polished performances of Finn’s. Cory is an awesome actor who can sing not the best but is accomplished enough to deserve recognition for his talents. Cory you are genuine and awesome to me and deserve accolates for your talents. Cory’s greatest abilities are subtle no words necessary acting skills. Like Clint Eastwood IMO. Look where Clint is today. Hope this works out for Cory too.
          As for Sam he was almost always forelorn about something in his storyline which made him look dull and all. A shame. He’s got alot that could be tapped into to be great.

15. Karen says:

Oh my god!!!!!!! SO HAPPY SAM’S COMING BACK he was the best part of season two!

16. Kelly says:

I am! I would love to see him duke it out with Mercedes new boyfriend (who could probably squash him easily!) Or maybe defect to the new glee club?

17. KB says:

Im so freaking excited!!!! Welcome back Chord!!! Maybe mercades will dump that guy she’s with and get back with Sam. This is just wishful thinking.

18. weshipit says:

YES we get Sam back!! :D

19. Renata says:

Insert nobodycaresFiggins.gif

20. Slizabeth says:

Reading between the lines: Glee actually wanted Chord. Chord wanted a better deal. No one else wanted Chord. Chord’s back on Glee.

Whatever. I give it 6 more months before Chord leaves again to pursue “music” (read: a bigger paycheck).

• Mica says:

But he was honest since the beginning. He wanted to be regular, they didn’t, so he decided to step out. But he actually likes the show and probably the money is better so he’s back.
      I’m happy, since I like Sam, even though I could live without him as well. Actually, to me, the only characters that are irreplaceable (for now) is Rachel and Kurt. All the rest I can manage to live without (even those I love, as Santana and Brittany).

• Beth says:

He was honest after the spin of “he was fired to give Darren Criss a contract” was revealed to be incorrect. He said nothing…not even a thank you to his fans who pointlessly rioted in the street because they thought he has been fired, not even to stop his sisters from trashing the show via their own Twitter accounts. he’s the one who did the tweet that started the entire thing and refused to clarify it until he booked another gig with The Middle. I can apprecaite him wanting to be a series regular but whoever was behind that entire broohaha gave some really wrong advice.

I totally agree he’s back due to the money…the grass wasnt’ greener.

• xan says:

Lol, someone’s bitter. That’s only your interpretation, what I saw was the show treating him like crap (no wonder he left).

Glad to have him back, though.

• dan says:

In any type of employment, but especially in acting, a recurring gig is better than no gig! He wanted to be a regular (meaning he’d get paid for a guaranteed number of episodes whether he appeared or not) and they said recurring with no guarantee so he walked. Now after an episode (or was it two?) of “The Middle” he’s realized that recurring work is better than no work. Welcome to the real world Chord!

• Sam says:

Agree w/ dan. Chord was being a diva. “treating him like crap” = not making him a regular? So he quits? Please. Do you know how many people would KILL for a job where THAT is the definition of being mistreated? I’m surprised the shows producers even brought him back after that little stunt. He’s a completely replaceable, not to mention proven to be unnecessary (see: season 1) , character. The fact that he up and left because he wasn’t getting what he wanted makes him look like a big crybaby, douche bag, diva.

• Beth says:

Yup pretty much this. He thought he ws going to get a bigger paycheck out of leaving…he didn’t (one shot at the Middle…wow…big time) and he came crawling back.

Blonde Finn added nothing last season and will continue to add nothing this season.

• amelia says:

Or maybe the Glee execs realized he was worth a pay raise? He didn’t even finish touring with Glee until August, so he’s been out of the franchise for three whole months. How on earth would he have found a steady acting gig in that amount of time? The idea that he came crawling back due to bad job prospects is just ridiculous.

• b77 says:

The only reason he left the show in the first place was because he thought that one season in Glee made him a big star, only to find out that nobody really cares about him, or is music. The thing is, he is not the only one. All of the Glee kids are acting like they are the biggest stars in the world, because the show is so successful, when in reality about 90% of them have no talent, and after the show will end, nobody will care about them either .
          RIB should consider themselves very lucky, if it’s not for Lea Michele talent, the show would have been cancelled after season one!

21. Bess77 says:

This show is so over. The writers can’t decide whose story they’re telling or how to tell it. It’s like a train running out of control. Sue and Mr. Schue are playing the same old themes they’ve been playing for three seasons now, boring. The other characters keep changing around but not in any logical way. Whatever mojo Glee had is gone.

• Mia says:

I agree with you completely.

• Sam says:

Agree. If they get renewed for a 4th season, it will be their last. This I am sure of.

• yep says:

So over Sue. She is back at it again but it’s old news and passe. Mr Shue was a shmuck s2 without direction or self control no wonder his kids were also. Now he’s more aggressive and demonstrative how bizarro is that. He had no spine before why now finally get one.
      S3 has just started and I’m trying to keep a positive and open mind about storylines and character development. I just don’t want a Kurt, Blaine, Rachel dominance of the show. S2 turned into a Kurt show just don’t want to go back there.

• sandie says:

I totally agree, cannot stand watching sue, or schuester, too too many story lines trying to fit in all the characters. I actually fast forward through their lines and songs, and also please no more guest stars. The kids make glee fun to watch, not the guest stars. I think Brittany is hilarious and the relationship she has with santanna enjoyable to watch. Please focus on the glee kids and stop all of the peripheral story lines, no one cares.

22. Bibi says:

Definitely! I loved him in season 2. Despite some lame songs and almost no storylines featuring him, he managed to be (IMO) one of the best aspects of the season. He has an inherent sweetness and likeability, like a improved Finn! I will certainly welcome his return with arms wide open.

Put him back with Santana, I love that angel/devil pairing, however brief it was!

23. Ashleah says:

So if Mercedes is preggers (sick, tired, etc.) is it her current bf’s or Sam’s?

24. Javi says:

I am happy he’s back!! I got used to seeing him in the choir room… and I have missed him. I’m happy!!

25. Annie says:

SAMMY! I MISSED YOU BB!

26. Karin says:

OMG YES! Sam was always one of the two really good guys on this show. YESS!!!

• GleeSucks says:

I assume the second guy was Finn? If so, you should really just count them as one guy, because Finn 2: The Matrix Reloaded is basically a carbon copy of him.

27. bamabunny says:

Oh PLEASE let this mean we get rid of Marcus/Shane/whatever his name is this week! He is BAD for Mercedes…go on in there Sam and win her heart back!

28. ggny says:

either he is gonna return as apart of Shelby Glee squad or he is gonna come back as a member of Vocal Adrenaline

• dan says:

His family will move back and he’ll return to McKinley, only to find out that Mercedes and a few others have defected to the new glee club. Then he’ll find out that Mercedes has become a royal beyotch thanks to the new boyfriend, and he’ll be the mediator to get everybody back together before sectionals (or regionals, whatever they’re calling it this year). It’ll be a kumbaya moment when the two clubs come together, Mercedes and Rachel hug it out, and all will sing in joyous harmony…

• Lily says:

Cute… or he can end up becoming friends with Sam’s (glee project) character.

• yep says:

Hey Dan LOL oh yeah said this before, Mercedes has lost her best friend, good christian girl, thinks about others status. Always a great look for her awesome in fact. The moral one amongst all the others with less than perfect notions. Now with Shane being an ill advised influence on Mercedes she has gone all out diva which was reserved for Rachel S1 and S2. Mercedes found her outburst and demands backfired on her like it always did on Rachel. She is the outcast now. They need a mediator to merge the conflicted and descention among the rivals in school glee clubs for Sectionals and beyond. But as history serves Glee well, Sectionals is the episode of internal dramatics and upheaval. As the world turns. Sam could be the spark that gets all together once and for all. Just in time. Puck is kinda lost in his own world of babydaddy wannabe. Not gonna be any help I’m afraid.

29. Marcus says:

Prayer circle for him to do something useful and interesting, unlike any of the random pointless new people this season.

30. Kate says:

I don’t like Sam at all. But I am very happy for Chord’s fans.

31. wmcc520 says:

Yuck. Didn’t like the character and see no point in bringing him back. I think Glee needs to focus on better story lines and scripts and stop with the guest stars and recurring bits. It’s such a hot mess now. Let’s go back to our core group of characters.

32. C says:

Really? Meh. The character of Sam never did anything for me and his absence hasn’t affected the show… plus there’s already such a large cast to juggle, why bring him back?!

• dave says:

I agree! I actually forgot he was even on the show. Did not notice his absence at all. There are way too many characters already.

• Britt says:

Agree. Sam sucks and he’s so boring!

• victor says:

watever u guys say, 4 me personally season 2 was d best glee season so far! D songs were great and d addition of Sam was a great welcome change! I just wish his linkup with Quinn didnt end so abruptly! They made such a great pair not only with their romance but also in their duet songs! I hope tey will pair again when he comes back! And who could have sung d songs like ‘millionire’, ‘i’av had the time of my life’ ‘lucky’ or the J biber ones better than Sam! He’s got great luks and voice and there’s nothing gay ‘bot tat! Hats off to you, Sam!

33. Christine says:

I’m glad that he’s coming back; I’ve missed Chord. But I’ve missed Max Adler (Dave Karofsky) WAY more! I know he’s coming back in the fifth episode but I want to see more of him. Maybe some Sam/Dave interaction? :)

• Caitlin says:

Wasn’t Dave a senior? I know Glee tends to joss stuff at the drop of a hat(oh hai, Junior Blaine rme) but I always thought Dave and Azimio were older than Finn/Puck.

Anywhoo, I’m glad Chord’s coming back if for no other reason it might free Mercedes from the creeper she’s dating. Dude looks at least 30. Everytime they show him I keep expecting Chris Hanson to pop up from around the corner and ask him to have a seat.

• STW says:

Dave and Finn are in the same grade — in 1×08 Mash-Up, Dave refers to them being in 5th grade together. Dave and Finn both ran for Junior Prom King, pretty definitively implying they (and Puck) were juniors last year.

34. Tamara says:

Oh God, I’m so happy!! I’ve missed Sam so much! please please pleaseee Chord come back!! This made my day!!

35. Josie says:

HELP ME IM SOBBING TEARS OF JOY

36. CJ says:

Sam was my favorite and I was incredibly sad when he didn’t come back for S3. I really hope this is true and a positive thing. My heart might seriously break if Glee messes up with Sam again.

37. Scarlett says:

I’m so glad he’s coming back; he was one of the only genuinely nice characters on the show and it seemed like such a waste to lose him so abruptly in the middle of his storylines. Hope he’ll be in a lot of episodes!

38. DougHNut09 says:

Hmmm… maybe he secretly accepted a scholarship to Dalton and joined the Warblers but chose to cut ties with the McKinley kids & their crazy.

• yep says:

Since it is expensive IDK about that since they were homeless once. But it would make for interesting Warbler/ New Direction interactions. But ND need help. Sam maybe the only sane one.

39. Kate says:

It’s a stretch to have him come back. Guessing he’ll be competing against New Directions with his new glee club.

Now, bring me back Lauren Zizes. Frustrating that she was in the movie over the summer, went on tour and then was ousted.

At least Lauren is still at McKinley High.

• maris says:

I have nothing against Ashley but Lauren was the worst and she had too much screentime last season and attention in general, so I’m glad we barely see her anymore.

• yep says:

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Ashley is great but Lauren was just obnoxious and way toooooo much. Her character did not merit that much attention last season and I again am glad her character will be background where it deserves. Leave snarky and mean to Santana.

• Emily says:

YES!! I totally agree. I loved Lauren as a character and it is so frustrating that they’ve just taken her away :(

• dan says:

Actually, Ashley Fink’s name was in the opening credits for the episode two weeks ago so I thought we’d see her in Brittney’s “Rule the World” number (sorry, I don’t know the correct name of the song). I didn’t see her in the crowd scenes and she wasn’t in any other scene which probably means she was filmed for the episode but the scene got cut (otherwise she wouldn’t have been listed in the opening credits because she isn’t a series regular).

• Lily says:

Lauren will be back in a storyline with Kurt… hhmm seems that they are capitalizing on the real life friendship between Ashley Fink and Chris Colfer/

40. maris says:

I started liking Sam towards the end with his “i’m poor” storyline but I haven’t missed him to be honest and he was always sort of irrelevant imo. I love Chord but I think I would actually be somewhat mad if he returns.

41. Belle says:

Samcedes is back on.

42. Alfredo says:

This is perhaps the best news I’ve heard regarding Glee for such a long time. SO excited for him to return!!!!!!

43. Jan says:

I’m honestly speechless… Sam is my favourite Glee character (and one of my top favourite show characters overall) and Glee without him wasn’t really as exciting for me… I honestly can’t believe what I just read, I’m so excited! And obviously, I hope it’ll have a role in the whole “troubles in klaine heaven” deal…

• maris says:

“I hope it’ll have a role in the whole “troubles in klaine heaven” deal”

If they do Kum, THAT would be interesting

• Emily says:

I’m confused over how you think they will ‘do Kum’ when it’s been quite clearly stated/shown that Sam’s straight?!

• Mallory says:

Not to be nitpicky but so was Karofsky for a season and a half.

And Santana for all of S1. And Blaine had the big bisexual crisis. This is Glee…they change what they want about a character when they want lol. Not that I think Sam is gonna “kum” out of the closet BUT I will say that he had more chemistry with Kurt in Duets than he ever had with Quinn or Mercedes. I don’t know if that was shot before they decided they weren’t gonna have Sam as Kurt boyfriend or what but he is there IS chemistry there. I’m not lobbying for Sam to be gay or bi because as a Klaine shipper, straight Sam suits my agenda just fine, just saying for *some* of us it wouldn’t be at all surprising if he were.

• Meg says:

To be fair, we only got to see Sam and Mercedes hold hands once because they were just starting up, so they could have had chemistry and we never got to know.

• Sarah says:

More than likely he’ll have a role to play in the Mercedes/Shane shake-up rumored to be coming up, or he’ll somehow be at a competing school at sectionals.

• Ali says:

lol he’s straight tho. I’d rather have him come in and give Mercedes the boyfriend she deserves. I don’t like that Shane guy.

• Ash says:

Yes please.

• xan says:

if you think Sam’s straight, I don’t think you’ve watched the same show as I have.

• Ali says:

You do know that bringing Sam back and making him gay would mean two gay characters in ND in season 4, right? And while I’m completely beyond fine with that, I don’t know how Glee would be able to resist pairing them together and I don’t know how much I like the idea of Sam/Blaine. And people who think they’re gonna break up Klaine to have Kurt and Sam date long distance just, LOL, if anyone is gonna date long distance it’ll be Kurt and Blaine, the pairing they’ve spent all this time on. Not that I want them to date long distance, but I’m just saying. Narratively, it wouldn’t fit to make Sam gay or bi or whatever, and would be VERY jarring to the general audience, who actually, believe it or not, do not think Sam is anything but 100% straight. Having him return, just as he was, and putting him with Mercedes, just as he was, fits.

• Sarah says:

Lol. Did you get that special “kum fans only” edition?

• Jan says:

If anyone thinks Sam’s straight, I don’t think they’ve watched Glee’s second season /at all/.
          I have friends coming up to me after Rumors telling me they were 100% sure Sam was gay and they even ship Quam (and don’t care about Kurt’s storyline at all). Declared or not, there definitely were hints about Sam sexuality ALL OVER the season (Rumor is a big gay -purely in the homosexual sense of the word lol- episode for Sam, come on. The whole Glee club convinced he’s “hooking up with Kurt” without thinking twice about the possibility of Sam being not straight?), no one can deny that.

• Tessa says:

I don’t ship Kum or Hevans or whatever they call them BUT you gotta admit that the entire club jumping on the “Sam and Kurt are doing it” bandwagon was not a rousing endorsement of Sam’s heterosexuality. I mean, NOT ONE of them even doubted for a second that Kurt and Sam were doing the dirty. The only one who didn’t doubt Sam’s sexuality was Quinn and that was only because she knew why he was at the motel.

Just saying…you don’t have to be a shipper to see why Sam’s sexual orientation is, at the very least, open to interpretation. It has been since before he ever started airing. And then there’s the fact that this is Glee and they change whatever they want about a character (hey Junior Blaine! Oh hello there, lesbian Santana! How are you doing, Closeted Karofsky! Non college research doing Kurt and RAchel, how are you two) even if it doens’t make sense. But I actually think Bi or gay Sam wouldn’t surprise nearly as many people as say, bi or gay Mike Chang.

• jules says:

there are no troubles in klaine heaven tho. i mean, they’re going to have sex in episode 6! sounds like everything’s going great to me ;)

44. Sarah says:

Lol. Oh Glee. I mean, I love Sam, but his family moved out of state. Sometimes it’s best to just let things go. But, on the other hand, can he swoop in and steal Mercedes from Shane please?

45. annie says:

So he left the show because he didn’t get promote. Now the writers are kissing his ass to comeback. If this was one of the girls from Glee, the media will be priting a lot of diva stories.

46. Kyra says:

boring Chord is so beige and a sucky actor. did not miss him at all.

47. Rex says:

YAY!!!!!!!!!

48. O'Brien says:

Love this. I hope he’s the member of a rival glee club, rather than moving back. He was a damn fool for jumping ship when they offered him recurring status with the likelihood of being made a permanent cast member come midseason – he was a lock for taking up the role that Finn plays within the club. And look what happened for Harry Shum! He played second fiddle for a while, and they ended up writing him one of the best episodes the show’s ever done. I hope he sticks this time!

• Amelia says:

I agree. I don’t know who Chord’s management team is but they either gave him sucky advice or he didn’t listen. Even though you have to clear it with the show, when on recurring you *can* take other work so its not like, theoretically at least, he couldn’t have done other projects. Mike O’Malley (Burt Hummel) was recurring for awhile and got bumped up too and is getting a storyline arc this year. Chord should have taken the contract, worked on whatever else he wanted to work on and just waited it out. He’s got a large fanbase, they would have given him a bigger contract eventually and in the meantime he would have had the security of a permanent gig and the freedom to do other stuff. I always saw it as a win/win.

49. Thomas says:

There wasn’t enough characters.