UPDATED Glee Exclusive: Chord Overstreet to Return in December!

Get More: Exclusive, Glee, News, Scoop, Spoilers

Trouty Mouth is getting reeled back in!

Fox is now confirming what TVLine first told you last week: Three months after his high profile departure from Glee, Chord Overstreet has signed on to return to the show on a recurring basis.

The deal — which closed late Friday — calls for Overstreet to reprise his role as the sweet, sculpted Sam beginning with this season’s eighth episode (slated to early December).

“We love Chord and have always said that we wanted him back,” says exec producer Ryan Murphy. “So here’s an early Christmas present for all the Gleeks—Sam is coming back to McKinley, and just in time for sectionals!” Adds Overstreet: “I had the best time on Glee and couldn’t be more excited to be returning.”

Glee Scoop: Major November Sweeps Spoilers!

Glee made headlines over the summer when word leaked that the show opted not to pick up Overstreet’s series regular option for Season 3. Producers invited him back on a recurring basis, but he declined. “They offered me the chance to come back for a few episodes, but there was nothing guaranteed so I decided to dive into the music thing,” he told TVLine in August. “And that’s been my main priority the past two months.”

It’s unclear how Sam will be reintroduced — we learned in the premiere that he moved out of state with his family — or what his return will mean for exes Quinn and Mercedes. While I suss that out, feel free to speculate in the comments section. And while you’re there, take a stab at answering this question: Are you happy Sam’s back?!

Want Glee Scoop and Spoilers 24/7? Follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

Comments (402)

• Oh, the bipolarity of Glee… why am I not surprised…

Comment by AnaB – October 18, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Ryan Murphy & Co. change the show’s direction more frequently than they change their collective underwear. Still waiting for them to screw up American Horror Story.

Comment by MrMank – October 18, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ….why are you waiting? They already have…

Comment by Chris – October 18, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • no they haven’t

Comment by Dessy – October 18, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • agreed that show is really good so far

Comment by Roger – October 18, 2011 03:06 PM PDT
          • I think they are screwin up the show. They move too many things in it. Glee’s dying…

Comment by Zoe – October 18, 2011 10:02 PM PDT
      • what are you talking about!!!! that show is already screwed up.

Comment by james – October 18, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh come on…look at American Horror Story…it’s a completely mess from episode one

Comment by Chris – October 19, 2011 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thats a little harsh don’t you think? I certainly think so. You have the right to voice your opinion but being rude to others ideas is not nessicary. I’m not saying that if you hate Glee so much don’t say anything at all (but thats what I would perfer) however, if you could just tone down the attitude, that would be awesome :)
          Happy Holidays

Comment by Mrs. Colfer – November 26, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • so true. They did it second season to Nip and Tuck now Glee season 2. Give American Horror Story a season 2 then see where it heads.
        As for Glee season 3 it’s better but the volume of viewers have dropped dramatically. It’s a shame for Glee s1 was it for me. And still I watch with baited breath for S3 for fall as well. Hope not.
        As for Sam coming back I’m glad just hope for sound writing for all characters including his. I feel he is straight and that he deserves a fair stake in the show not as a background character who always loses a girlfriend to someone or something (Quinn/Finn or Santana/Britanny).

Comment by yep – October 20, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I enjoyed Glee in season 1 when it was more about the music than all the freaking drama. I can’t stand all the stupid stuff that is going on in the background, just sing, dance and let it be a fun show again and not all about who is dating who and who is going behind someone’s back to stab them in it. No wonder kids today are so messed up relationship-wise when this is what they have as examples.

Comment by ArtNOLA – October 25, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The volume of viewers has not dropped dramatically. The episodes in Season 3 have all scored higher ratings and demos than some of the later episodes of Season 2. Once the 3 day and 7 day DVR ratings are added in, Glee’s number improve dramatically. It is at or near the top of the several key ratings (such at teens, women age 18-34, households making over $100k).

Comment by Darcy – October 26, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You’re right Darcy. There’s a lot of talk about Glee’s ratings dropping so fast. Even with the drops in viewers, they are still near the top in ratings.

What you’re saying about their target audience is absolutely true.

I’m curious about all the people who are saying “I’m not watching anymore if…” I would bet that 90% of you will be back.

Comment by Brad – October 27, 2011 12:48 PM PDT
        • Have to wonder if they will write in Sam’s return with Mercedes being pregnant and not knowing who is the father Sam or the boy she is now dating. She sure has been portrayed as possibly being with bun in oven. Would make life interesting for all involved.

Comment by Jessica – November 4, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah it’s not like I didn’t like Sam, I did, but I wish the Glee writers would make up their minds. Siriusly!

Comment by Greg – October 18, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Excuse me, but it was not the writer’s fault!! They wanted him to stay as regular, he didn’t take it. There’s nothing they can do about the actors choices!

Comment by Anna – October 18, 2011 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They didn’t offer him the chance to be a regular, just a recurring role.

Comment by Jackie – October 18, 2011 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No, they actually did offer him to be a regular. They said that he would go as a recurring character for the first half of episodes, then possibly be made a regular by the end of the season, probably so that he could be the lead star of season four.

Comment by Ty – October 18, 2011 09:06 PM PDT
          • @Ty, key word – POSSIBLY. I have the feeling he wanted a guarantee.

Comment by Aces – October 19, 2011 02:29 AM PDT
    • Another example of the producers not having a clue how to run this show. Going to be another lame storyline to reintroduce him, one of way too many characters to write for. I just can’t see this season recovering from the mess. They needed to stick to their promises of ‘back to basics’ and no guest stars… instead we have a return to the baby plotline of season 1 and a big guest star for Shelby. Next we have to make way for the Glee project kids, oh and even coach Bieste needs to have a storyline. Please. Get. Back. To. Basics.

Comment by Sam – October 18, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i dont consider idina menzel’s part time gig as a guest appearance, at least in the sense that everyone is referring to. shelby in one of the more subtle guest characters, she’s not like Gwyneth Paltrow or Britney Spears where they made a huge deal out of it. shelby’s story line is going to, presumably, take us throughout the entire season, as one of many interlaced plot lines, rather than a one-off exciting episode. still a guest star, yes, but a much better constructed one in my opinion.

Comment by cj – October 18, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I for one am NOT excited about Ann Hathaway as Kurt’s lesbian aunt. Kurt show again and so is the sexual orientation over-load. There are wonderful characters and actors portraying them on the show already why have more guests stars is beyond me. I’m totally over guests stars since Gwynneth was forced fed on me. I really like GP as an actress and she is remarkable on all accounts but not on my favorite show over and over. Since GP was given such headlining pinache on Glee many other stars have stated would like to be on Glee also. Enough is enuff.
          Idina Menzel whose talent is supurb has a character binding her to many of the characters on Glee making her storyline essential to and eventual and harmonious hopefully end for all.

Comment by nope – October 20, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seems to me that the “back to basics” is that they’re creating a NEW glee club in the school, which is for the underdogs. Sounds like they’re trying to re-create season 1, except of course having two glee clubs in a school that two seasons ago didn’t have the interest or finances to maintain one is just stupid.

I’m willing to bet that the story lines for the new glee club will mirror some stories from season 1, first 13 episodes.

Comment by Andre – October 18, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Making way for the Glee Project kids was a good call for the producers… All the regulars are graduating at the end of this season, so if you want a season 4 they need to be replaced. I think this was a great way to get some fresh faces onto a show that most of us love… they can introduce new characters with our old favorites and season 4 will go much more smoothly. Not to mention they can build up stories with the new characters that will bring back viewers and keep ratings where they need to be to avoid being canceled.

Comment by Glee Project – October 26, 2011 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually, Tina and Arty will be there since their Juniors this year. Also, Rachel, Finn, Kurt, and Blaine will be their for sure next season as Main Characters still, with the new Glee Club members as Reccuring or either new added Main Cast members(Sam). If they stop with all this nonsence and all the Guest Stars, then viewers wouldn’t drop. They still have high viewership, just not many people are interested anymore due to all the Guest Stars and pointless storylines. These new Writers are just terrible with the story lines, some are good, but I just think they should of hired 2 new writers instead of six with all different ideas.. to much to handle since they now have this new show for FX.. I love Glee, and I always will. I hope they can stay on for at least 6-9 more Seasons…

Comment by Kalleb – November 5, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sam is my very favorite character! I’m about ten levels beyond thrilled that he’s coming back!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Katy – October 18, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is the best news I’ve heard in a very long time! Love me some Trouty-Mouth! :)

Comment by karenb – October 19, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Really glad he’s coming back. Loved the songs he and Quinn sang together, especially “Lucky”

Comment by ms – October 25, 2011 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i love sam too hes the best ive ever seen sing and dance well Harry Jr Shum is the best dancer but i love him so much that i want to go see the glee cast so bad i cant stop talking aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i lovvveeee gleeeeeeeee

Comment by katie – October 25, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NOW I CAN GO BACK TO WATCHING GLEE! WAS HOLDING OUT BECAUSE SAM *CHORD OVERSTREET* LEFT THE SHOW!!!

Comment by jcamacho – October 18, 2011 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I gave it up also after Sam’s departure. I’ll give it another shot also, but not until he’s back on.

Comment by Ready – October 19, 2011 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? You stopped watching because ONE New reccuring character that was added last season? Oh wow. He wasn’t the important one last season, but I just know he will this Season.. But whatever, what will you do once all the origianl characters are gone? What did you expect? That they can all be Sophmores and Juniors for 10 years.. then graduate? Haha.

Comment by Kalleb – November 5, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Am I excited Sam Evens is back in town?…HELL YES!!!

Comment by Danielle Burger – October 18, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely excited about his return!

Comment by David – October 18, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! His storyline finally got exciting…then they let him go.

Comment by Denise – October 18, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love dthe possibility of Sam and Mercedes and would rather they return to that duo….

Comment by Brock – October 18, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh. He was useless before and he’ll probably continue to be when he returns.

Comment by scooterbeanbag – October 18, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my thoughts exactly!!!

Comment by gleeKaitlyn – October 18, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed

Comment by Lauren – October 18, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly.

Comment by Tin – October 18, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed. Im tired of ppl leaving and going back to glee like its no body business and its usually a boring and idiotic sl so please stick with all your 97356537 main characters RIB. Tina, Artie anyone?

Comment by Stephanie – October 18, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 100% agree. I could not care less.

Comment by annette – October 18, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and i’m assuming that you prefer boring blaine than sam, hm?

Comment by michelle – October 18, 2011 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why do you Sam fans have to turn everything into Sam vs Blaine? SOme people just aren’t impressed by Sam or Chord, deal with it. Personally, I’d prefer more of Mike Chang. He got a great episode this season, I don’t want to worry about yet another face for him to lose time to.

Comment by D. – October 18, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed. Harry Shum Jr. was amazing in “Asian F” and that’s exactly why this season is already so much better than last year. The showrunners had no idea what to do with Chord Overstreet and Sam Evans last year. Just take a look at his horrible story arc. So what’s the point in bringing this actor and character back when they tried everything under the sun last season and nothing stuck. Not his dyslexic wannabe quarterback plot, his attempt to be BF material to Quinn, Santana and Mercedes, his gay-tease story with Kurt, his recession poster boy garbage, his not so great singing and so on and so forth. Sam is a useless character and will always be useless.

Comment by AndyLuvr – October 18, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • All those storylines you mentioned are boring to you and interesting to me !

Comment by Lily – October 18, 2011 05:20 PM PDT
          • I actually found them all interesting and I also enjoyed his singing voice.

Comment by Ready – October 19, 2011 05:27 PM PDT
          • Sam had a lot of potential, which they only realized towards the end of the season. His poverty story was just as hard-hitting and emotionally resonant as their treatment of gay issues. Harry Shum Jr’s single episode doesn’t prove that he’s a better actor or singer than Chord. He’s done nothing but dance for two seasons.

Comment by angela – October 24, 2011 10:24 AM PDT
  • OH MY GOOOOOoOoOODOD AND KURT AND BLAINE ARE HAVING PROBLEMS AND ITS KUMMING OH MY GoOOOoOODD

Comment by EHJKELJDNRWEFD – October 18, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup, that’s totally what’s going to happen!!!

Comment by Emily – October 18, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Obviously…

Comment by lietomeifyouhaveto – October 18, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • L O L….I’m sure that’s where they’re going with this. If Sam’s getting with anyone, it’s Mercedes. Shane/Mercedes doesn’t work, I’m sure the writers are seeing that too.

Comment by E. – October 18, 2011 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL. Sam is straight. How many times do you shippers have to be told this?

Comment by Max – October 18, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please refresh my memory – when exactly was that stated? Bisexuality exists, you know.

Comment by ha – October 18, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Didn’t you pay attention to Kurt last season? Bisexuality in men is a myth!

Comment by Ash L – October 18, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • ..are you joking around or are you just that clueless.

Comment by catplanetcatplanet – October 18, 2011 06:02 PM PDT
        • I don’t know, Maybe when Sam EXPLICITLY STATED THAT HE WAS STRAIGHT. Maybe my deduction skills and use of context clues are a little rusty, but I that was a hint that he’s, you know, straight.

Comment by Mas – October 18, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • even if sam was supposed to be gay during season 2…they totally had it but suddenly the writers made sam straight by pairing him up with quinn.

Comment by michelle – October 18, 2011 03:55 PM PDT
          • He DID state in second season on Duets episode

Comment by Lim – October 25, 2011 03:21 PM PDT
      • It’s not about Sam being straight or not. We ship them because we find the two of them compatible. And cute. And perfect, but that’s besides the point. Besides, it’s not like you can say for 100% certainty that Sam isn’t just a closeted bisexual. You can never know. We shippers only hope and wish, there is no law forbidding us from doing that.
        Personally, I’m seriously excited!!! Sam is such a lovable character, and with his return, I’ll be able to go all gaga over him x3

Comment by Nina – October 18, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • There is a distinct difference between liking a ship and insisting that that ship will happen on the show. Personally, I’m a MiKurt fan. I’d love to see it on the show, but I know that’s not going to happen. I’m not sure why some Kum shippers can’t just enjoy their ship without going “it’s kumming!!!” all the time. It’s probably not. It might because Glee has no sense of continuity, but at the moment it looks like Kurt and Blaine are solid. Why take the time to post an irritating message when instead you could just express happiness for a character you like coming back?

Comment by D. – October 18, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • wait, so a sam/kurt pairing is called “kum” and fans of said pairing say “it’s kumming?” how did i not know about this? hilarious. probably the only good thing to come out of “shipping (which is the dumbest term EVER ftr).”

Comment by bob – October 18, 2011 05:09 PM PDT
          • Why shipping Sam and Kurt ? I think if Sam is gay.. he is more compatible with Blaine…

Comment by Lily – October 18, 2011 05:22 PM PDT
    • Why does everyone have to turn gay, bi, or unable to come out. I have great respect for some of the themes of the episodes on Glee. Bullying, teen pregnancy, gay acceptance, accepting one’s self,etc. But there are other issues teens go through not just sexual orientation. Please let handsome Sam be straight and have a great storyline for his time on Glee s3. Like get rid of Shane and rekindle Sam and Mercedes. They were good together. Sam didn’t deserve the hurt and disrespect Quinn gave him. I hope the writers don’t rekindle that pair.

Comment by nope – October 20, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How can Sam and Mercedes be good together when we didn’t see their relationship to the very last episode and for five seconds? That made no sense. And honestly, I think Quinn and Sam were great together, she was nicer while dating him. They were perfect.

Comment by Blah – October 27, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt it. Sam/Kurt was one of the early aborted versions of the “Kurt gets a boyfriend” storyline – he was originally brought in to fill that role, but they decided to focus on the Karofsky “closeted bully” story instead, and then developed Blaine as the BF. Sam had already been introduced, though, so they had to figure out what to do with him, and paired him off with Quinn. The whole thing was a part of the stupid storyline whiplash that they’re apparently not over at all.

Sam leaving was very much a part of the summer PR debacle where they didn’t know who they were keeping or letting go. But he’s plenty popular – still tons of fan fiction being written about him.

I’m betting that a Kurt\Blaine breakup will involve a repentant and redeemed Karofsky, given that “beefy football player” was more Kurt’s “type” than Blaine is, and given the hints Chris Colfer is throwing out about Kurt\Blaine because they didn’t have other options. I doubt Sam will have anything to do with Kurt. I’ll bet he’s going to be Quinn’s redux boyfriend again. Boring.

Comment by Steph – October 24, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Kurt specifically told Karofsky that he was not his type. The other option who is being brought in is Warbler Sebastian who will be attracted to Blaine but will be a Santana type. Kurt and Blaine will only be getting closer (as close as you can get) in upcoming episodes.

Comment by Darcy – October 26, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Disgusting.

Comment by Jo – October 24, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since his absence has been the reason I haven’t watched one second of S3 of Glee, yeah, I missed Sam Evans. I’ll tune back in to watch when his episodes air.

Comment by Cindy – October 18, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was a fairly minor character and he’s the reason you aren’t watching new episodes? Really? Did you like season one when there was no Sam?

Comment by L – October 18, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • she probably didnt watch season 1 U_U!, Im guessin

Comment by Stephanie – October 18, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well that makes perfect sense!
          Season 1: “Oh, theres no character in this show named Sam Evans played by Chord Overstreet? I don’t think I can watch this.”
          Season 2: “Hey, how convenient! I can watch this show now.”
          Teach me your ways, oh wise prophet.

Comment by Sam – October 18, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • well I happen to know ppl that didnt watch season 1 but tuned in later…makes no sense? sorry for ya. really man, chillax

Comment by Stephanie – October 18, 2011 02:44 PM PDT
          • Maybe he was a minor character, but maybe she liked him over other main characters (who are horrible, btw). And she didn’t say she didn’t like season 1, she meant season 3. Get your facts straight.

Comment by michelle – October 18, 2011 03:57 PM PDT
    • My sentiments exactly. I enjoyed watching the adorkable nice guy Sam and enjoyed watching his character. I completely lost interest when his character was written out. Once he is actually back on the show, I’ll give it another chance.

Comment by Ready – October 19, 2011 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Trouty Mouth!!!!!! Hahaha so excited!!!

Comment by Kelly – October 18, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprising. I wouldn’t have come back if I were him.

Comment by Irishgirl – October 18, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder how his music career is going then?

Comment by spencer – October 18, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • it’s obviously going bad if he’s coming back on glee lol

Comment by jules – October 18, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I guess the thought process was, if you’re music career is going down the toilet, might as well flush down your acting career while you’re at it.

Comment by mas – October 18, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • If you followed his twitter, you would know he has been recording xD maybe he’s finnishing the album and decided to come back

Comment by pmcc – October 23, 2011 02:44 AM PDT
          • I’m sorry, what acting career? While he and “Sam Evans” are ridiculously cute, he is not a good actor, and neither is Cory nor Mark. Don’t get me wrong. I am a fan, and own the first two seasons and I am delighted that he is back. But let’s be honest here. What acting career? Cris, Harry, Lea and Naya could have excellent acting careers!!

Comment by a – October 24, 2011 08:35 AM PDT
      • Actually, it’s going well. He recorded on his album, with help from Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and some other big hitters and now he has the opportunity to step right back in where he left off and get paid more money. Then when the show is on hiatus, he can promote and release his album. Oh, and he did some co writing with his VERY successful songwriting Dad while not appearing on Glee….Yes, I think Chord, aka Trouty Mouth is either brilliant or living a charmed life. Don’t comment on things if you don’t know what you are taling about. I also began watching Glee during S2 and quit watching when Sam’s character left, now I’m going to tune in again in December. Oh, and I’m not a silly little teenage girl, I am a 44 year old woman with a husband and 3 children. We all watched Glee at the beginning of S2, but we own the S1 on DVD, but we all stopped watching when Sam’s character left. Hmmm, weird huh? Guess we like Chord Overstreet more than the main characters.

Comment by cgubbin – October 25, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • 44? Wow, what a sad life.

Comment by generalsan – October 26, 2011 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That was unnecessary. And really mean. It’s fine to attack someone’s ideas, but not the person. Totally uncool.

Comment by J – November 13, 2011 11:24 PM PDT
  • YESS! I foresee lots of drama.

Comment by Ali H. – October 18, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited by this! Too excited I think?!

Comment by Sarah I – October 18, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m SO happy! I know a lot of people thought Sam was boring or generic, but I really thought towards the end of last season they were taking him in the right direction so I was genuinely sad when they said he wouldn’t be returning. With this news though, I’m just elated!

Comment by Katie – October 18, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto Katie!

Comment by Rex – October 18, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ditto Rex, who dittoed Katie!

Comment by Dayana – October 18, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This back-and-forthing is maddening! Meanwhile, we STILL haven’t seen Max Adler’s Dave Karofsky. I was enjoying this season, but this news and the scarcity of my favourite character in the first 7 (if spoilers are to be believed) has me doubting that I’ll KEEP enjoying it…

Comment by Melanie – October 18, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Max will be back in episode 5 airing November 8th.

Comment by Andrew – October 18, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Uh huh. And I’m looking forward to a shocking and interesting 2-minute appearance before he’s gone again for another 2 episodes, if Iqbal’s correct. Then Christmas break… Running out of steam and hope that the most compelling story on the show is going to get told.

Comment by Melanie – October 18, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Karofsky is back in episode 5

Comment by Emily – October 18, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Karofsky probably won’t ever be seen again after that episode. There are too many fans who hate his character.

Comment by NMO – October 18, 2011 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …karofsky is your favorite character?

Comment by lietomeifyouhaveto – October 18, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • … problem?

Comment by Sarah – October 18, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not the favorite, but the fourth. Just behind Jesse, Shelby and Rachel.

Comment by Mica – October 18, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m confuzzled…wasn’t Dave a senior? Did he graduate? Cause we’ve seen Azimio so if Dave wasn’t a senior last year wouldn’t they have at least shown him in passing? Is Max Adler on contract or is he like Idina and just a guest star?

Comment by Meisha – October 18, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought Karofsky and Azimio were both seniors but clearly Azimio at least wasn’t since we saw him in Asian F. That makes me think Karofsky WAS a senior because otherwise it makes no sense for us not to see him AND for no one to mention him.

Comment by Jason – October 18, 2011 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Put Karofsky was JUNIOR prom king.

Comment by Mellie – October 18, 2011 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well, we all know that RIB has no problem with constantly changing what grade a character is in. Take a look at Blaine. He started out as a senior, then he was a junior at the end of the second season, and now at the beginning of the third season he’s still a junior. So he could have changed Dave’s grade without a second thought.

Comment by JPihasdpga – October 18, 2011 01:20 PM PDT
          • Blaine is going to be a senior again by the time 3.22 rolls around because of how pissed the fans are that Kurt’s leaving him behind. Then next season he and Kurt will be sophomores again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Comment by Sam – October 18, 2011 02:33 PM PDT
          • They never said Blaine was a senior or junior or anything last season.

Comment by NMO – October 18, 2011 10:45 PM PDT
      • The actor has said he’s going to be back – there was some speculation that we haven’t seen him because he enrolled at Dalton at the beginning of the year. Supposedly there were photos of him in a Dalton uniform.

Comment by Steph – October 24, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “confuzzled”!! Ha!! I love that word. You’re my hero. :)

Comment by J – November 13, 2011 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Sam’s coming back I will be the happiest person EVER! He was my favourite male character and I was missing him so much! But please this time they HAVE to make him sing something bettere than Rebecca Black or Bieber! I’m counting on “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz! He’s perfect for that song!

Comment by Alessia – October 18, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREED!!!!!! He fits Mraz, McGraw anything soft rock. When looking at reruns s2. The best part where he shines at his vocals IMO is his back up to Rachel on the Cherolet commercial during Thriller episode. His voice is so pure. That’s when I appreciated his vocals. Not Bieber or Rebecca Black.

Comment by yep – October 20, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • His voice is so weak he can’t get anything better than that. Even Glee’s usual over-production couldn’t hide that disaster.

Comment by James – October 24, 2011 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Couldn’t care less. But I WOULD like to know when the SHOW is coming back. It dropped off the air without a word.

Comment by Ruby – October 18, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The World Series is happening that’s why it’s not on. Show comes back Nov. 1st.

Comment by dan – October 18, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it got bumped due to baseball playoffs and will return Nov 1.

Comment by Krista – October 18, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show comes back in November after baseball is over.

Comment by KSM – October 18, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Baseball on FOX. Happens every year since Slick Willy was president. They’ll be back after the World Series. Also, the network has to keep stroking Simon Cowell and his mediocre show, so they’ll use Tuesdays in October to air that.

Comment by MrMank – October 18, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe there were previews saying when it would be back. Also, no shows air new episodes every single week.

Comment by Lauren – October 18, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they ditch one of the newer characters cause there’s just way too many!!

Comment by Frank – October 18, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • in season one they had time to focus on every caracter! but now? all i get is a lot of Kurt&Blaine/Rachel and thats it. SOME OF US JUST DON’T CARE ABOUT THE 3 OF THEM.
      and every solo goes to Finn (and i really don’t like him singing. specialy since he destroyed Just the way you are) or Blaine.
      why?! Mark is there from season one and he has great voice (way better than Finns in my oppinion) and Mike is way better than i thought. it’s just sad that i have to watch 3 seasons to find that out coz all I’m hearing is Kurt and his drama.
      I want to hear a song form Mark, Mike, Quinn, Santana, mabey even Tina.
      but I won’t coz we don’t have time because thay have to may caracters on the show and of course Rachel has to have at least 2 solos per episode.

Comment by nikki – October 19, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ‘Every solo to Finn’…. are you actually watching this show? He hasn’t had a solo since the Furt episode in season 2. Blaine has become the male soloist judging by all the Dalton tunes last season and his solos in the first two eps in this. And the show is suffering for it because the guy can’t act. Even if you judge Finn not to be the best singer (I don’t agree, particularly for Jessie’s Girl and the Zombies number which were the kind of pop rock he sings) but at least he ACTS though the songs so you feel the characters emotions. There are a lot of polished performances on the show but very few that leave you with any emotion.

Comment by Sara – October 20, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!
          Blaine good singer and performer but not as an actor. He’s ok and fits the bill but not on emotions and showing anything subtle.
          Finn I personally like and love his singing most better than some. But he shows the emotions and heartfelt actions and shows them during the scenes while acting and singing. Sara you are exactly right on about polished performances of Finn’s. Cory is an awesome actor who can sing not the best but is accomplished enough to deserve recognition for his talents. Cory you are genuine and awesome to me and deserve accolates for your talents. Cory’s greatest abilities are subtle no words necessary acting skills. Like Clint Eastwood IMO. Look where Clint is today. Hope this works out for Cory too.
          As for Sam he was almost always forelorn about something in his storyline which made him look dull and all. A shame. He’s got alot that could be tapped into to be great.

Comment by yep – October 20, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my god!!!!!!! SO HAPPY SAM’S COMING BACK he was the best part of season two!

Comment by Karen – October 18, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am! I would love to see him duke it out with Mercedes new boyfriend (who could probably squash him easily!) Or maybe defect to the new glee club?

Comment by Kelly – October 18, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im so freaking excited!!!! Welcome back Chord!!! Maybe mercades will dump that guy she’s with and get back with Sam. This is just wishful thinking.

Comment by KB – October 18, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m hoping for this, too!

Comment by Ali – October 18, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES we get Sam back!! :D

Comment by weshipit – October 18, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Insert nobodycaresFiggins.gif

Comment by Renata – October 18, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reading between the lines: Glee actually wanted Chord. Chord wanted a better deal. No one else wanted Chord. Chord’s back on Glee.

Whatever. I give it 6 more months before Chord leaves again to pursue “music” (read: a bigger paycheck).

Comment by Slizabeth – October 18, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But he was honest since the beginning. He wanted to be regular, they didn’t, so he decided to step out. But he actually likes the show and probably the money is better so he’s back.
      I’m happy, since I like Sam, even though I could live without him as well. Actually, to me, the only characters that are irreplaceable (for now) is Rachel and Kurt. All the rest I can manage to live without (even those I love, as Santana and Brittany).

Comment by Mica – October 18, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He was honest after the spin of “he was fired to give Darren Criss a contract” was revealed to be incorrect. He said nothing…not even a thank you to his fans who pointlessly rioted in the street because they thought he has been fired, not even to stop his sisters from trashing the show via their own Twitter accounts. he’s the one who did the tweet that started the entire thing and refused to clarify it until he booked another gig with The Middle. I can apprecaite him wanting to be a series regular but whoever was behind that entire broohaha gave some really wrong advice.

I totally agree he’s back due to the money…the grass wasnt’ greener.

Comment by Beth – October 18, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lol, someone’s bitter. That’s only your interpretation, what I saw was the show treating him like crap (no wonder he left).

Glad to have him back, though.

Comment by xan – October 18, 2011 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • In any type of employment, but especially in acting, a recurring gig is better than no gig! He wanted to be a regular (meaning he’d get paid for a guaranteed number of episodes whether he appeared or not) and they said recurring with no guarantee so he walked. Now after an episode (or was it two?) of “The Middle” he’s realized that recurring work is better than no work. Welcome to the real world Chord!

Comment by dan – October 18, 2011 12:50 PM PDT
          • Agree w/ dan. Chord was being a diva. “treating him like crap” = not making him a regular? So he quits? Please. Do you know how many people would KILL for a job where THAT is the definition of being mistreated? I’m surprised the shows producers even brought him back after that little stunt. He’s a completely replaceable, not to mention proven to be unnecessary (see: season 1) , character. The fact that he up and left because he wasn’t getting what he wanted makes him look like a big crybaby, douche bag, diva.

Comment by Sam – October 18, 2011 02:49 PM PDT
    • Yup pretty much this. He thought he ws going to get a bigger paycheck out of leaving…he didn’t (one shot at the Middle…wow…big time) and he came crawling back.

Blonde Finn added nothing last season and will continue to add nothing this season.

Comment by Beth – October 18, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Or maybe the Glee execs realized he was worth a pay raise? He didn’t even finish touring with Glee until August, so he’s been out of the franchise for three whole months. How on earth would he have found a steady acting gig in that amount of time? The idea that he came crawling back due to bad job prospects is just ridiculous.

Comment by amelia – October 18, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The only reason he left the show in the first place was because he thought that one season in Glee made him a big star, only to find out that nobody really cares about him, or is music. The thing is, he is not the only one. All of the Glee kids are acting like they are the biggest stars in the world, because the show is so successful, when in reality about 90% of them have no talent, and after the show will end, nobody will care about them either .
          RIB should consider themselves very lucky, if it’s not for Lea Michele talent, the show would have been cancelled after season one!

Comment by b77 – October 18, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is so over. The writers can’t decide whose story they’re telling or how to tell it. It’s like a train running out of control. Sue and Mr. Schue are playing the same old themes they’ve been playing for three seasons now, boring. The other characters keep changing around but not in any logical way. Whatever mojo Glee had is gone.

Comment by Bess77 – October 18, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you completely.

Comment by Mia – October 18, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree. If they get renewed for a 4th season, it will be their last. This I am sure of.

Comment by Sam – October 18, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So over Sue. She is back at it again but it’s old news and passe. Mr Shue was a shmuck s2 without direction or self control no wonder his kids were also. Now he’s more aggressive and demonstrative how bizarro is that. He had no spine before why now finally get one.
      S3 has just started and I’m trying to keep a positive and open mind about storylines and character development. I just don’t want a Kurt, Blaine, Rachel dominance of the show. S2 turned into a Kurt show just don’t want to go back there.

Comment by yep – October 20, 2011 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree, cannot stand watching sue, or schuester, too too many story lines trying to fit in all the characters. I actually fast forward through their lines and songs, and also please no more guest stars. The kids make glee fun to watch, not the guest stars. I think Brittany is hilarious and the relationship she has with santanna enjoyable to watch. Please focus on the glee kids and stop all of the peripheral story lines, no one cares.

Comment by sandie – November 25, 2011 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely! I loved him in season 2. Despite some lame songs and almost no storylines featuring him, he managed to be (IMO) one of the best aspects of the season. He has an inherent sweetness and likeability, like a improved Finn! I will certainly welcome his return with arms wide open.

Put him back with Santana, I love that angel/devil pairing, however brief it was!

Comment by Bibi – October 18, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So if Mercedes is preggers (sick, tired, etc.) is it her current bf’s or Sam’s?

Comment by Ashleah – October 18, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she isn’t pregnant.

Comment by mary – October 18, 2011 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am happy he’s back!! I got used to seeing him in the choir room… and I have missed him. I’m happy!!

Comment by Javi – October 18, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SAMMY! I MISSED YOU BB!

Comment by Annie – October 18, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG YES! Sam was always one of the two really good guys on this show. YESS!!!

Comment by Karin – October 18, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I assume the second guy was Finn? If so, you should really just count them as one guy, because Finn 2: The Matrix Reloaded is basically a carbon copy of him.

Comment by GleeSucks – October 18, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh PLEASE let this mean we get rid of Marcus/Shane/whatever his name is this week! He is BAD for Mercedes…go on in there Sam and win her heart back!

Comment by bamabunny – October 18, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • either he is gonna return as apart of Shelby Glee squad or he is gonna come back as a member of Vocal Adrenaline

Comment by ggny – October 18, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • His family will move back and he’ll return to McKinley, only to find out that Mercedes and a few others have defected to the new glee club. Then he’ll find out that Mercedes has become a royal beyotch thanks to the new boyfriend, and he’ll be the mediator to get everybody back together before sectionals (or regionals, whatever they’re calling it this year). It’ll be a kumbaya moment when the two clubs come together, Mercedes and Rachel hug it out, and all will sing in joyous harmony…

Comment by dan – October 18, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Cute… or he can end up becoming friends with Sam’s (glee project) character.

Comment by Lily – October 18, 2011 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey Dan LOL oh yeah said this before, Mercedes has lost her best friend, good christian girl, thinks about others status. Always a great look for her awesome in fact. The moral one amongst all the others with less than perfect notions. Now with Shane being an ill advised influence on Mercedes she has gone all out diva which was reserved for Rachel S1 and S2. Mercedes found her outburst and demands backfired on her like it always did on Rachel. She is the outcast now. They need a mediator to merge the conflicted and descention among the rivals in school glee clubs for Sectionals and beyond. But as history serves Glee well, Sectionals is the episode of internal dramatics and upheaval. As the world turns. Sam could be the spark that gets all together once and for all. Just in time. Puck is kinda lost in his own world of babydaddy wannabe. Not gonna be any help I’m afraid.

Comment by yep – October 20, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Prayer circle for him to do something useful and interesting, unlike any of the random pointless new people this season.

Comment by Marcus – October 18, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like Sam at all. But I am very happy for Chord’s fans.

Comment by Kate – October 18, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Babalilbabab – November 4, 2011 12:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yuck. Didn’t like the character and see no point in bringing him back. I think Glee needs to focus on better story lines and scripts and stop with the guest stars and recurring bits. It’s such a hot mess now. Let’s go back to our core group of characters.

Comment by wmcc520 – October 18, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed.
      I think Sam is so boring!

Comment by AnotherGleek – October 19, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? Meh. The character of Sam never did anything for me and his absence hasn’t affected the show… plus there’s already such a large cast to juggle, why bring him back?!

Comment by C – October 18, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! I actually forgot he was even on the show. Did not notice his absence at all. There are way too many characters already.

Comment by dave – October 18, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree. Sam sucks and he’s so boring!

Comment by Britt – October 19, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • watever u guys say, 4 me personally season 2 was d best glee season so far! D songs were great and d addition of Sam was a great welcome change! I just wish his linkup with Quinn didnt end so abruptly! They made such a great pair not only with their romance but also in their duet songs! I hope tey will pair again when he comes back! And who could have sung d songs like ‘millionire’, ‘i’av had the time of my life’ ‘lucky’ or the J biber ones better than Sam! He’s got great luks and voice and there’s nothing gay ‘bot tat! Hats off to you, Sam!

Comment by victor – November 27, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad that he’s coming back; I’ve missed Chord. But I’ve missed Max Adler (Dave Karofsky) WAY more! I know he’s coming back in the fifth episode but I want to see more of him. Maybe some Sam/Dave interaction? :)

Comment by Christine – October 18, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wasn’t Dave a senior? I know Glee tends to joss stuff at the drop of a hat(oh hai, Junior Blaine rme) but I always thought Dave and Azimio were older than Finn/Puck.

Anywhoo, I’m glad Chord’s coming back if for no other reason it might free Mercedes from the creeper she’s dating. Dude looks at least 30. Everytime they show him I keep expecting Chris Hanson to pop up from around the corner and ask him to have a seat.

Comment by Caitlin – October 18, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dave and Finn are in the same grade — in 1×08 Mash-Up, Dave refers to them being in 5th grade together. Dave and Finn both ran for Junior Prom King, pretty definitively implying they (and Puck) were juniors last year.

Comment by STW – October 25, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh God, I’m so happy!! I’ve missed Sam so much! please please pleaseee Chord come back!! This made my day!!

Comment by Tamara – October 18, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELP ME IM SOBBING TEARS OF JOY

Comment by Josie – October 18, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam was my favorite and I was incredibly sad when he didn’t come back for S3. I really hope this is true and a positive thing. My heart might seriously break if Glee messes up with Sam again.

Comment by CJ – October 18, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad he’s coming back; he was one of the only genuinely nice characters on the show and it seemed like such a waste to lose him so abruptly in the middle of his storylines. Hope he’ll be in a lot of episodes!

Comment by Scarlett – October 18, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm… maybe he secretly accepted a scholarship to Dalton and joined the Warblers but chose to cut ties with the McKinley kids & their crazy.

Comment by DougHNut09 – October 18, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since it is expensive IDK about that since they were homeless once. But it would make for interesting Warbler/ New Direction interactions. But ND need help. Sam maybe the only sane one.

Comment by yep – October 20, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a stretch to have him come back. Guessing he’ll be competing against New Directions with his new glee club.

Now, bring me back Lauren Zizes. Frustrating that she was in the movie over the summer, went on tour and then was ousted.

At least Lauren is still at McKinley High.

Comment by Kate – October 18, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have nothing against Ashley but Lauren was the worst and she had too much screentime last season and attention in general, so I’m glad we barely see her anymore.

Comment by maris – October 18, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Ashley is great but Lauren was just obnoxious and way toooooo much. Her character did not merit that much attention last season and I again am glad her character will be background where it deserves. Leave snarky and mean to Santana.

Comment by yep – October 20, 2011 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES!! I totally agree. I loved Lauren as a character and it is so frustrating that they’ve just taken her away :(

Comment by Emily – October 18, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, Ashley Fink’s name was in the opening credits for the episode two weeks ago so I thought we’d see her in Brittney’s “Rule the World” number (sorry, I don’t know the correct name of the song). I didn’t see her in the crowd scenes and she wasn’t in any other scene which probably means she was filmed for the episode but the scene got cut (otherwise she wouldn’t have been listed in the opening credits because she isn’t a series regular).

Comment by dan – October 18, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She was in the crowd scene- watch again and look on the right side of the screen.

Comment by Terry – October 18, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lauren will be back in a storyline with Kurt… hhmm seems that they are capitalizing on the real life friendship between Ashley Fink and Chris Colfer/

Comment by Lily – October 18, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I started liking Sam towards the end with his “i’m poor” storyline but I haven’t missed him to be honest and he was always sort of irrelevant imo. I love Chord but I think I would actually be somewhat mad if he returns.

Comment by maris – October 18, 2011 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Samcedes is back on.

Comment by Belle – October 18, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is perhaps the best news I’ve heard regarding Glee for such a long time. SO excited for him to return!!!!!!

Comment by Alfredo – October 18, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh.

Comment by Sam – October 18, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m honestly speechless… Sam is my favourite Glee character (and one of my top favourite show characters overall) and Glee without him wasn’t really as exciting for me… I honestly can’t believe what I just read, I’m so excited! And obviously, I hope it’ll have a role in the whole “troubles in klaine heaven” deal…

Comment by Jan – October 18, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “I hope it’ll have a role in the whole “troubles in klaine heaven” deal”

If they do Kum, THAT would be interesting

Comment by maris – October 18, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m confused over how you think they will ‘do Kum’ when it’s been quite clearly stated/shown that Sam’s straight?!

Comment by Emily – October 18, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not to be nitpicky but so was Karofsky for a season and a half.

And Santana for all of S1. And Blaine had the big bisexual crisis. This is Glee…they change what they want about a character when they want lol. Not that I think Sam is gonna “kum” out of the closet BUT I will say that he had more chemistry with Kurt in Duets than he ever had with Quinn or Mercedes. I don’t know if that was shot before they decided they weren’t gonna have Sam as Kurt boyfriend or what but he is there IS chemistry there. I’m not lobbying for Sam to be gay or bi because as a Klaine shipper, straight Sam suits my agenda just fine, just saying for *some* of us it wouldn’t be at all surprising if he were.

Comment by Mallory – October 18, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • To be fair, we only got to see Sam and Mercedes hold hands once because they were just starting up, so they could have had chemistry and we never got to know.

Comment by Meg – October 18, 2011 08:21 PM PDT
    • More than likely he’ll have a role to play in the Mercedes/Shane shake-up rumored to be coming up, or he’ll somehow be at a competing school at sectionals.

Comment by Sarah – October 18, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol he’s straight tho. I’d rather have him come in and give Mercedes the boyfriend she deserves. I don’t like that Shane guy.

Comment by Ali – October 18, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes please.

Comment by Ash – October 18, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • if you think Sam’s straight, I don’t think you’ve watched the same show as I have.

Comment by xan – October 18, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You do know that bringing Sam back and making him gay would mean two gay characters in ND in season 4, right? And while I’m completely beyond fine with that, I don’t know how Glee would be able to resist pairing them together and I don’t know how much I like the idea of Sam/Blaine. And people who think they’re gonna break up Klaine to have Kurt and Sam date long distance just, LOL, if anyone is gonna date long distance it’ll be Kurt and Blaine, the pairing they’ve spent all this time on. Not that I want them to date long distance, but I’m just saying. Narratively, it wouldn’t fit to make Sam gay or bi or whatever, and would be VERY jarring to the general audience, who actually, believe it or not, do not think Sam is anything but 100% straight. Having him return, just as he was, and putting him with Mercedes, just as he was, fits.

Comment by Ali – October 18, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lol. Did you get that special “kum fans only” edition?

Comment by Sarah – October 18, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If anyone thinks Sam’s straight, I don’t think they’ve watched Glee’s second season /at all/.
          I have friends coming up to me after Rumors telling me they were 100% sure Sam was gay and they even ship Quam (and don’t care about Kurt’s storyline at all). Declared or not, there definitely were hints about Sam sexuality ALL OVER the season (Rumor is a big gay -purely in the homosexual sense of the word lol- episode for Sam, come on. The whole Glee club convinced he’s “hooking up with Kurt” without thinking twice about the possibility of Sam being not straight?), no one can deny that.

Comment by Jan – October 18, 2011 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t ship Kum or Hevans or whatever they call them BUT you gotta admit that the entire club jumping on the “Sam and Kurt are doing it” bandwagon was not a rousing endorsement of Sam’s heterosexuality. I mean, NOT ONE of them even doubted for a second that Kurt and Sam were doing the dirty. The only one who didn’t doubt Sam’s sexuality was Quinn and that was only because she knew why he was at the motel.

Just saying…you don’t have to be a shipper to see why Sam’s sexual orientation is, at the very least, open to interpretation. It has been since before he ever started airing. And then there’s the fact that this is Glee and they change whatever they want about a character (hey Junior Blaine! Oh hello there, lesbian Santana! How are you doing, Closeted Karofsky! Non college research doing Kurt and RAchel, how are you two) even if it doens’t make sense. But I actually think Bi or gay Sam wouldn’t surprise nearly as many people as say, bi or gay Mike Chang.

Comment by Tessa – October 18, 2011 03:56 PM PDT
    • there are no troubles in klaine heaven tho. i mean, they’re going to have sex in episode 6! sounds like everything’s going great to me ;)

Comment by jules – October 18, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol. Oh Glee. I mean, I love Sam, but his family moved out of state. Sometimes it’s best to just let things go. But, on the other hand, can he swoop in and steal Mercedes from Shane please?

Comment by Sarah – October 18, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So he left the show because he didn’t get promote. Now the writers are kissing his ass to comeback. If this was one of the girls from Glee, the media will be priting a lot of diva stories.

Comment by annie – October 18, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • boring Chord is so beige and a sucky actor. did not miss him at all.

Comment by Kyra – October 18, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me neither. Sam sucks.

Comment by gleek – October 19, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Rex – October 18, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this. I hope he’s the member of a rival glee club, rather than moving back. He was a damn fool for jumping ship when they offered him recurring status with the likelihood of being made a permanent cast member come midseason – he was a lock for taking up the role that Finn plays within the club. And look what happened for Harry Shum! He played second fiddle for a while, and they ended up writing him one of the best episodes the show’s ever done. I hope he sticks this time!

Comment by O'Brien – October 18, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I don’t know who Chord’s management team is but they either gave him sucky advice or he didn’t listen. Even though you have to clear it with the show, when on recurring you *can* take other work so its not like, theoretically at least, he couldn’t have done other projects. Mike O’Malley (Burt Hummel) was recurring for awhile and got bumped up too and is getting a storyline arc this year. Chord should have taken the contract, worked on whatever else he wanted to work on and just waited it out. He’s got a large fanbase, they would have given him a bigger contract eventually and in the meantime he would have had the security of a permanent gig and the freedom to do other stuff. I always saw it as a win/win.

Comment by Amelia – October 18, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There wasn’t enough characters.

Comment by Thomas – October 18, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post