Good Wife Exclusive: Peter's Rival Resurfaces!

Tony-winning actress Anika Noni Rose, who last season appeared on seven episodes of The Good Wife as wannabe State’s Attorney Wendy Scott-Carr, is returning to the acclaimed CBS drama, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Ask Ausiello Scoop: The Good Wife‘s Peter Will Investigate [Spoiler]‘s Shady Past

As of now, Rose will be returning for just one episode — and we can only speculate that Ms. Scott-Caar might be game for a little payback now that Peter has claimed the office that predecessor Glenn Childs’ ambitious underling had her eye on, had her numbers not been crippled by an illegal nanny scandal dug up by young Zach Florrick.

The Good Wife‘s Matt Czuchry on Cary’s Kalinda Crush and Unholy Alliance With Peter

Rose most recently guested on the season premieer of Law & Order: SVU, playing a hotel maid who accused a diplomat of rape.

1. t.t says:

good news I liked her

• CJ says:

She has such a warm, likable personality, I’d like to see the actress get her own show (though she might not want one, what with all she does on stage). It’ll be good to have her back, wherever it is.

2. volkan says:

Well that show really has a lot of left handed actors

3. Ingmar says:

I love how TGW brings back old characters every season. The guest stars help make it the show it is today ; a GREAT one.

4. Tommy says:

As long as Lisa Edelstein stays for a while I don’t care who they bring back!

• Pradalvr says:

Same here. I’ve heard almost all great buzz around Twitter about her in the show. The actress and the character is cool and hot, btw. Sign me up for a second helping. ;)

• Ashley says:

I loved Lisa Edelstein on House, but I can’t stand her character on TGW. Celeste just seems so pointless to the entire storyline. Yes, we get it, Will has a shady past and clearly had a gambling issue. We don’t need a whole new character to get a glimpse into that — Blake already providing some insight last season, and I feel like the writers could have found another way to introduce Will’s past problems. Also, I don’t like the whole Alicia “playing jealous” thing. What is this, high school?
      I still love the show and will continue to watch it — I’m a huge fan and won’t give up this easily! But we need more episodes like last week’s (‘The Death Zone’) which were funny, cynical, political, and character-driven. This week’s was so blah.

5. Stella says:

Liked her character. Curious to see why she’s coming back.

(By the way, it’s not Zach who dug up the Scott-Caar’ illegal nanny scandal. It’s Eli. Zach dug up the scandal (another nanny scandal…) which forced Glenn Childs to drop out of the race.)

6. andy says:

This show has gone from must see to must miss. The court room scenes are pathetic. We watched our last show. Sad that such a great show has become unwatchable.

7. Sean says:

I love A.N.Rose, glad she will be back. I just wish this show moved to Tues, I hate it on Sunday nights!

8. Chris says:

Is it Scott-Carr or Scott-Caar? It is spelled both ways above. Either way, this is good news, unless it means fewer Eli/Kalinda scenes. Poor Cary is hardly seen anymore.

9. Mayra says:

Tha was her on SVU? o.O
    I would never guess…

10. A Chan says:

I don’t watch the show but the sexy promos make me think it should be called the good milf