Good Wife Exclusive: Peter's Rival Resurfaces!

Get More: Casting News, News, Scoop

Tony-winning actress Anika Noni Rose, who last season appeared on seven episodes of The Good Wife as wannabe State’s Attorney Wendy Scott-Carr, is returning to the acclaimed CBS drama, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Ask Ausiello Scoop: The Good Wife‘s Peter Will Investigate [Spoiler]‘s Shady Past

As of now, Rose will be returning for just one episode — and we can only speculate that Ms. Scott-Caar might be game for a little payback now that Peter has claimed the office that predecessor Glenn Childs’ ambitious underling had her eye on, had her numbers not been crippled by an illegal nanny scandal dug up by young Zach Florrick.

The Good Wife‘s Matt Czuchry on Cary’s Kalinda Crush and Unholy Alliance With Peter

Rose most recently guested on the season premieer of Law & Order: SVU, playing a hotel maid who accused a diplomat of rape.

Comments (19)

• good news I liked her

Comment by t.t – October 10, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She has such a warm, likable personality, I’d like to see the actress get her own show (though she might not want one, what with all she does on stage). It’ll be good to have her back, wherever it is.

Comment by CJ – October 11, 2011 03:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that show really has a lot of left handed actors

Comment by volkan – October 10, 2011 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how TGW brings back old characters every season. The guest stars help make it the show it is today ; a GREAT one.

Comment by Ingmar – October 10, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Lisa Edelstein stays for a while I don’t care who they bring back!

Comment by Tommy – October 10, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here. I’ve heard almost all great buzz around Twitter about her in the show. The actress and the character is cool and hot, btw. Sign me up for a second helping. ;)

Comment by Pradalvr – October 10, 2011 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved Lisa Edelstein on House, but I can’t stand her character on TGW. Celeste just seems so pointless to the entire storyline. Yes, we get it, Will has a shady past and clearly had a gambling issue. We don’t need a whole new character to get a glimpse into that — Blake already providing some insight last season, and I feel like the writers could have found another way to introduce Will’s past problems. Also, I don’t like the whole Alicia “playing jealous” thing. What is this, high school?
      I still love the show and will continue to watch it — I’m a huge fan and won’t give up this easily! But we need more episodes like last week’s (‘The Death Zone’) which were funny, cynical, political, and character-driven. This week’s was so blah.

Comment by Ashley – October 11, 2011 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liked her character. Curious to see why she’s coming back.

(By the way, it’s not Zach who dug up the Scott-Caar’ illegal nanny scandal. It’s Eli. Zach dug up the scandal (another nanny scandal…) which forced Glenn Childs to drop out of the race.)

Comment by Stella – October 10, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right, but it was sort of a domino effect, I recall.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 10, 2011 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has gone from must see to must miss. The court room scenes are pathetic. We watched our last show. Sad that such a great show has become unwatchable.

Comment by andy – October 10, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is that in your opinion?

Comment by Billie – October 10, 2011 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • good one, billie!

Comment by lipsticksocialism – October 11, 2011 01:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL to this!!

Comment by nakedheat2356 – October 11, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hahaha. what a great answer :D

Comment by Mayra – October 11, 2011 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The most recent episode didn’t have a court scene, so exactly what do you think you’re watching?

Comment by Lori – October 10, 2011 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love A.N.Rose, glad she will be back. I just wish this show moved to Tues, I hate it on Sunday nights!

Comment by Sean – October 10, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it Scott-Carr or Scott-Caar? It is spelled both ways above. Either way, this is good news, unless it means fewer Eli/Kalinda scenes. Poor Cary is hardly seen anymore.

Comment by Chris – October 10, 2011 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tha was her on SVU? o.O
    I would never guess…

Comment by Mayra – October 11, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch the show but the sexy promos make me think it should be called the good milf

Comment by A Chan – October 12, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post