Fall TV Preview

The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Monday

With the Fall TV season and all its shiny, new wares still rolling out, we’re still going daily with The TVLine-Up. (For those who must plan ahead, here is our complete Fall TV premieres calendar, plus I do summarize what’s coming up the next day.) But for now, here’s what’s happening on….

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
8/7c Terra Nova (Fox) | Grab the family, put some Jiffy-Pop on the stove and settle in for the cinematic two-hour premiere of this Spielberg-produced drama about people sent from a dying future Earth to the prehistoric past. My Fall TV First Impression can be found here, though the re-re-revised pilot has undercut some of the more surprisey elements (and added one scary-intense action sequence).

8 pm Gossip Girl (The CW) | The new season kicks off with a little Dair, Chuck living on the edge, a pregnancy reveal, Nate getting cougar’d by Elizabeth Hurley, and Serena doing Hollywood. TVLine’s Vlada Gelman has all the juicy scoop here.

8:30 pm 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | Based on promos, it looks like Max is poised to follow up her riff on hipsters’ knit caps with a screed on hipstresses’ fedoras. If so, I love this show even more.

The ‘New’ Two and a Half Men: Our Two and a Half Cents

9 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | Rachel Bilson (The O.C.) fronts this charmer of a series as Dr. Zoe Hart, an ambitious Big Apple neurosurgeon who finds herself setting up shop in Alabama. Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights) and Cress Williams (Grey’s Anatomy) are among the cast’s standouts. (My complete Fall TV First Impression can be found here.)

9 pm Two and a Half Men (CBS) | More than 28 meeeeelion lookeloos tuned in last week to hear multiple jokes about Walden Schmidt’s big… debut. How many liked what they “saw” and will return for more?

9:30 pm Mike & Molly (CBS) | Melissa McCarthy — hot off her Emmy win and an uproarious big-screen turn in Bridesmaids — and Billy Gardell return for Season 2, in which Mike prepares to move in with his fiancée and her fam.

Castle‘s Stana Katic Opens Up About the Big Secrets and Kate Being Crazy In Love with Rick

10 pm Alphas (Syfy) | A full-season marathon (kicking off at 11:30 am) leads up to this finale, in which the Alphas team has an explosive clash with the mysterious Red Flag group. (Yep, already renewed!)

10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | Kono is “out,” and Homeland Security agent Lori Weston (Happy Town‘s Lauren German) is in.

10 pm Weeds (Showtime) | Silas’ act of betrayal tees up a sisterly showdown between Nancy and Jill in this season finale. (Not renewed… yet.)

10:30 pm The Big C (Showtime) | Season finale: Cathy runs a marathon in honor of Lee, but what awaits her at the finish line is a lot more than a ribbon and Dixie cup of Gatorade. (Yep, renewed!)

Comments (44)

• This is all pending the aftermath of this tonight’s Weeds finale of course, but i hope Jenji Kohan sets it up for and Showtime renews it for just 1 more season then ends it. It’s had a good run, but it’s time.

Comment by Pat – September 26, 2011 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with this post, but not the ones below it. This is the first season I haven’t had Showtime, so I haven’t followed it, but I thought the prior season was a real return to form for the show (not original form, mind you, but still quite good). I’m a big MJP fan, so I’d like for the last season to be a very intentional final season.

Comment by John Berggren – September 26, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved last season as well, first time in a couple of seasons I watched the entire season. This season hasn’t kept my interest nearly as well.

Comment by Lauren – September 26, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Ever since they left Agrestic/Majestic the show isn’t the same. I get why they did it but it’s just not very good anymore. The season after was okay but now it’s just not fun or funny or clever anymore.

Comment by Samantha – September 26, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought they went into this season of Weeds thinking it was the last. I hope there is some resolution and they cancel it. I really don’t want to watch another season.

Comment by Will – September 26, 2011 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then don’t.

Comment by MadameDame – September 26, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Weeds is long overdue for cancellation. Jumped shark years ago.
    None of the charms exist anymore. the youngest botwin went to quirky to just plain weird.
    Andy isn’t the hilarious guy and is just an expensive boring set piece and a shame the shell that character became. Please end this show while some of us remember when it was good.

Comment by transcender9 – September 26, 2011 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I stopped watching when Shane started masturbating to that old picture of Nancy. Did they really need to go there?

Comment by Katie G – September 26, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is How I Met Your Mother a rerun already? Show some love…

Comment by John Berggren – September 26, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry, folks, but until the big fall launches are over this week, I’m tending to focus on premieres, finales, and significant episodes.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 26, 2011 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OK… I’ll give you a pass :).
        I’m still amazed that with all the drive for “year round content” there haven’t been more efforts to spread out premieres. So much stuff gets lost during this fall launch deluge simply because there isn’t enough time to sample it all.
        Thankfully, TVLine provides me some guidance on what to ignore…

Comment by John Berggren – September 26, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No pass on FRINGE btw. Every episode is an event :).

Comment by John Berggren – September 26, 2011 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ohhh, this coming Friday’s FRINGE is so, so much fun….

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 26, 2011 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah I consider hat bashing pretty significant too.

Comment by Tee – September 26, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No love for How I Met Your Mother? That’s the main one I’m tuning in for. I didn’t like 2 Broke Girls last week, so I thik I’ll skip it. 2.5 Men might still be worth a look. Unfortunately my sister is all into The Lying Game, so we’re obligated to DVR it, making it impossible for me to get Terra Nova, too. Does anyone know if it’ll be on Primetime on Demand or something?

Comment by SK – September 26, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yup its gonna be on Free on Demand. if not u can always watch online on the networks website or hulu.com.

Comment by lauren – September 26, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tonight is a pretty busy night too many shows I really enjoyed 2 broke girls but I’m gonna have to skip it tonight definitely watching Terra Nova and gonna dvr Gossip Girl. I’m giving gossip girl one last chance, last season was terrible it lost it’s charm I hope tonight’s episode is good or I’m done with GG.

Comment by Patchi25 – September 26, 2011 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 & 1/2 Men, Mike & Molly, Castle. Will watch Alphas later.

Comment by Templar – September 26, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kono is out? for good? she’s the best person in the cast and the only reason I watch hawaii 5-0.

Comment by RG – September 26, 2011 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s not out, she’s “out” (as I wrote it). Massive difference.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 26, 2011 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She is also “hot.” :)

Comment by Sg. Grant – September 26, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TERRA NOVA
    GOSSIP GIRL

Seen HART OF DIXIE and it’s great. I hope people tune in.

Comment by Jamie – September 26, 2011 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terra Nova encores on Saturday.

Comment by Daniel – September 26, 2011 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im watching gossip girl,hart of dixie,2 broke girls

Comment by Brandy – September 26, 2011 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tonight – watching HIMYM, Hart of Dixie, and Castle
    DVR’ing Lying Game, 2 Broke Girls, Playboy Club

Comment by Willow – September 26, 2011 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the Playboy Club–shocked by how good it was–it reminded me of SHOWGIRLS which is my all time favorite movie.

Comment by Tim – September 26, 2011 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Hart of Dixie was adorable. I didn’t like it as much at the beginning, but once Zoe got to Bluebell it got much better. Besides that, I’ll be watching Terra Nova and Hawaii Five-0. :)

Comment by Mikaylah – September 26, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really looking forward to Hart of Dixie. I’ll check out GG even though it’s pretty terrible now.

Comment by Lauren – September 26, 2011 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll try Terra Nova hopefully it doesn’t suck like Spielberg’s Falling asleep I mean Skies. But knowing its a sci-fi and on FOX it could end up like Firefly,TSCC and get cancelled or clinging to life like Fringe is.

Comment by Angel – September 26, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i didnt like two and a half men last week..i’ll definitely skip it and i am looking forward to Terra Nova and Castle

Comment by Amy – September 26, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie is an embarrassment,the teens might enjoy though who knows.

Comment by Kim – September 26, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch DWTS and Castle live, The Sing-Off has an encore on Tuesday on Oxygen and if Terra Nova survives I’ll catch up later. Everything I like on FOX gets canned so I’m not investing my time at this point.

Comment by Kim – September 26, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely watching 2 Broke Girls, Hawaii 5-0, and Alphas. Alphas is the surprise hit of the summer for me.

Comment by Justin – September 26, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    Castle
    Castle
    Castle
    Castle
    Castle…Castle :)

Comment by Lisa – September 26, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Castle love, Matt W Mitovich?! :(

Comment by Jerri – September 26, 2011 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Matt posted this above.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 26, 2011 07:51 AM PDT

Comment by Renee – September 26, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I also posted above the 10 o’clock listings a big fat link to my brand-new Q&A with Stana: http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/stana-katic-castle-season-4-preview-kate-rick-love/ ;)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 26, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “I also posted above the 10 o’clock listings a big fat link to my brand-new Q&A with Stana” Because you are awesome, Matt? I think so. CASTLE and 2 BROKE GIRLS are on my list. I might watch H5-0 tonight and possibly give TWO AND A HALF MEN a shot-to see what all the fuss is about. Their ratings have to go down tonight though. A lot of people tuned in out of curiosity last week. They’ll lose some of those viewers, but I do hope and believe it will do well. I like Kutcher.

Comment by Natalie – September 26, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TERRA NOVA going to be to hard to watch when people get eaten up by dinosaurs and HART OF DIXIE seems to be a very bad series because I like Rachel Bilson since she was great on THE OC. Looks like this “fish out of water” series will last only one season.

Comment by kevin – September 26, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • REALLY looking forward to Terra Nova.

Comment by Renee – September 26, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a crazy Chair fan or anything but Dair is a terrible coupling. They have great chemistry as friends who tease and make fun of each other and I think it would be smarter to explore that friendship instead of involving any romantic feelings, but seeing as this is Gossip Girl after all, I guess they just HAVE to try every single combination of characters that have dated/slept with each other don’t they?

Comment by Ana Muller – September 26, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woohoo, Being Erica is back tonight!

Comment by fugly – September 26, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thanks for the heads up – i love that show!

Comment by alexandra – September 27, 2011 01:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m finding Two and a Half Men to actually be funnier this season. But I wasn’t a fan of the humor in previous seasons (it just wasn’t funny to me), but this season is pretty funny. I’m guessing the ratings will go down drastically just cause I like it now.

Comment by uhyeahright – September 26, 2011 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post