NBC Orders 'Epic Adventure Thriller' From Supernatural Creator Eric Kripke and J.J. Abrams

Get More: News, Pilots

I’m guessing NBC greenlit this thing based on the pedigree alone.

As first reported by our sister site Deadline.com, Supernatural creator Eric Kripke is teaming up with J.J. Abrams on a one-hour NBC drama series billed as “an epic adventure thriller.”

No other details were released, save for the title: Revolution.

Kripke, who is also developing an adaptation of the DC Comic Deadman for The CW, wrote the pilot script and will exec produce along with Abrams and Bryan Burk.

For more details on this story, visit Deadline.com.

Comments (55)

• HOLY CRAP! Kripke teaming up with Abrams! Can’t wait to see what these 2 can come up with!

Comment by AJ – September 25, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly my thoughts;)

Comment by JustineK – September 26, 2011 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abrams? Yeah, I’ll watch.

Comment by Jake – September 25, 2011 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kripke and Abrams, I’ll be watching this one.

Comment by mrswinchester24 – September 25, 2011 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whatever it is, it has to be fascinating and intriguing and maybe a little spooky!

Comment by raelee514 – September 25, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in.
    Already, no questions, I will be watching this show.

Comment by Sam – September 25, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Possible GREATEST SHOW EVER alert.

Comment by Jeff – September 25, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So now I’m hoping they might cast Misha Collins… oh please God.

Comment by Kate – September 25, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be great! Keep him OFF Supernatural and give the show back to Sam and Dean! :D

Comment by Sivat – September 25, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Couldn’t agree more Sivat! I love Misha, but his character has stayed seasons too long and it has done him, the show,the characters of Sam and Dean and the ratings no favors.

Comment by Cheryl – September 25, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sivat–shut up. Same old dumb point. Cas is great and he will be back.

Comment by Johnny – September 25, 2011 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oooh someone’s a grumpy Cas fan! ;-) Guess it bothers you that your fave’s not only a villain now but being phased out of the show! Not everyone loves Cas like you seem to imagine in your mind, and it’s like getting a glass of cold water poured down your pants when you have to face reality. :-D

Comment by Sivat – September 26, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sorry Sivat–it’s just your constant one note complaining about Cas. This baby moaning is about all you do. Grow up. Any way Sera said don’t be so sure about Cas being dead. He’ll be back.

Comment by Johnny – September 26, 2011 09:28 AM PDT
  • Could it be the show that’s gonna change everything at NBC?

Comment by Till – September 25, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What?! Best news ever?! I think so!

Comment by Mel – September 25, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kripke (Supernatural) + Abrams (Alias and LOST) = I’m in.

Comment by Meredith – September 25, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “I’m guessing NBC greenlit this thing based on the pedigree alone.”
    Legit lol’d at that.
    And I’m guessing this thing won’t last a season.

Comment by Sam – September 25, 2011 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do realize that J.J. Abrams was behind “Lost”, “Alias”, “Felicity” and “Fringe”, right? He’s also produced/directed some very successful movies, like “Star Trek”, “Super 8″, “Cloverfield” and “Mission: Impossible”. At this point, he could get anything greenlit by any network.

Comment by Carrie – September 25, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And Kripke’s show Supernatural just entered it’s 7th season. I’d that both have a good pedigree.

Comment by Maddy – September 25, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ah…you forget about UNDERCOVERS!

Comment by mandy – September 25, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • We’d all like to forget about Undercovers.

Comment by Ali – September 25, 2011 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kripke and Abrams teaming up? Uh, yeah. I’ll definitely watch whatever they come up with. “Supernatural” & “Fringe” are my favorite shows. I’m also a huge fan of “Alias”. The only thing better would be them teaming up with Joss Whedon.

Comment by Carrie – September 25, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just add Joss Whedon and you would have all three of my faves!

Comment by KLB – September 25, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! The first thing I thought when I read this was ‘just add Joss Whedon and they’d have the brilliant geek triumvirate’. Can’t wait to see what Abrams and Kripke come up with!

Comment by Ashley – September 25, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That little weasel Abrams never finishes anything he starts,he has a short attention span.

Comment by Amber – September 25, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol, I so agree with you! But on the other hand, Kripke is extremely dedicated to his work and will do all that he can to make it a good entertaining show. On the other hand, Abrams does come up with some novel ideas. SO I’m very excited for this show. Definitely gonna see this.

Comment by G – September 25, 2011 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh yeah!! I’m all over this. Now if only Whedon was involved too. That would be something to see.

Comment by raven – September 25, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kripke, and Abrams… let me just take a second to think about the fact that the two biggest names in genre television are doing a show together….

Comment by Frenchie – September 25, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kripke + Abrams is fab, I dare say they’ll be able to wrangle a pretty sweet cast too

Comment by Amanda – September 25, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d rather see Eric back at Supernatural full time rather than creating new shows.

Comment by Sivat – September 25, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This better not distract Mr. Abrams from the Star Trek sequel!

Comment by Carol – September 25, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL it won’t, JJ doesn’t have much to do with the shows he “creates” anymore.

Comment by Sivat – September 25, 2011 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is this NBC trying to come up with their own Terra Nova?

Comment by Ram510 – September 25, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is quite possibly the best news in the History of humanity.

Comment by Marta – September 25, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uh, yum.

Comment by Morgan – September 25, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JJ Abrams is being given a career on a silver platter by his peeps like Steven Speilberg who want to pass the torch to one of their own.

Cronism and religious (illegal) bias are great if your the beneficiary. Funny how it’s illegal though.

Comment by Jim – September 25, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jim, did it hurt when you got hit by the idiot stick?

Your bigotry reads even worse when you can’t spell or punctuate correctly. It’s “cronyism”, and “you’re” as in “you are”, just for starters. Also, I’m pretty sure it’s not illegal to work with “one of their own”.

Only bigots see two people of the same ethnic or religious group working together and think that some kind of bias is involved. Could it be that Spielberg is working with Abrams because they’re both talented, have similar tastes, and enjoy working together?

Comment by Cloudy Knight – September 25, 2011 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Abram’s work, as for the other guy never heard of him.

Comment by Angel – September 25, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every single character is going to die in fire and lens flare

I’m okay with this

Comment by sabina – September 25, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about RICHARD SPEIGHT JR. in a nice meaty role???

Comment by Nancy – September 25, 2011 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JJ Abrams has lost his way. Sorry but i hated Person of Interest and i doubt this is going to be any better. Its all hype and no talk.

Comment by Gary – September 25, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding me?!! POI is quite possible THE BEST new show this fall! The acting is brilliant and the story is quite interesting.
      Abrams + Kripke on the NBC show = WIN all the way.

Comment by GW – September 25, 2011 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS. And Matt Cohen, too, if the fan petition fails and he is not cast as Deadman. Matter of fact, they should just go ahead and scoop up all the awesome supporting cast that Supernatural disposes of so lightly.

Comment by Kitsune – September 25, 2011 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who can’t hear the name “Kripke” and not think of the physicist on The Big Bang Theory that hates Sheldon? Who pronounces his name, “Kwipkee”?

Comment by Alice – September 25, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. I will watch this show no matter what.

Comment by Jenny – September 25, 2011 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! What a duo. They should cast Joe Flanigan and David Hewlett- they are action/adventure qualified! Fearsome 4some: Kripke/Abrams and Flanigan/Hewlett! What a show that would be!

Comment by Saska50 – September 25, 2011 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it will definitely be worth watching

Comment by Amy – September 26, 2011 12:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care if these guys’ show only goes until Pilot (that could NEVER happen) I’ll watch whatever these two have too poop out of their minds!!!

Comment by Julie – September 26, 2011 04:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think JJ Abrams is hit or miss these days but I’ll watch anything Kripke does! Hopefully the tow together will come up with something wonderful!

Comment by Kat – September 26, 2011 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s on NBC so it’ll suck by default. NBC=No Body Cares

Comment by redvector – September 26, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s a show I MUST watch, no details needed, these guys in one show, it will be EPIC!!!

Comment by Osi – September 26, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Need a lead? What about Joe Flanigan?!

Comment by Jenn – September 26, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just read the title and immediately thought, ‘You’ve just killed at least two fans somewhere. One for Abrams and one for Kripke.’ By that I mean, they were soooo excited, their happy little hearts burst inside their chests.

Comment by henninggirl – September 26, 2011 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Touche. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the good spirit.

Comment by dentistmarkham.ca – June 22, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post