Emmys

What Emmy Winners Revealed Backstage: Shrink Love, K-Mart Underwear and the Key to Badassery

On stage, when accepting their shiny new Emmy, actors oft recite well-thought, safe speeches. But once they get backstage to “meet the press,” things can get a little…. looser. Here’s what some of this year’s big winners had to say about their beloved shrinks, on-set rivalries, the art of being a badass, hearing costars tout their sex scenes, and so much more.

Emmys 2011: Modern Family Feels the Love With Five Wins, Friday Night Lights Grabs Some Gold

1. Cathy says:

Nothing from Kyle Chandler??

2. LeSo says:

Was it just me, or did Julie Bowen look like she was drunk?? There was something very off about her whole presentation after she was announced as the Supporting Actress winner. I’ve read a bunch of articles about the Emmys since it ended, but no one has commented on this yet..

• Susan says:

Maybe Julie Bowen was just so stunned to win in her category. I have to say I love Modern Family but her character Claire Dunphy is so shrill and grating it kind of spoils show for me. Phil Dunphy would try any wife’s patience , but there’s a sweetness to him that’s very ingratiating. I heard that she won, but was in another room, so I didn’t hear her acceptance speech. I expect it was nerves, and that she didn’t prepare a speech, not expecting to win at all.Glad to see Modern Family sweep the show though.

• steph says:

i thought she looked frighteningly skinny. and in dire need of a bra.

• JIll says:

If you ever watch an interview…like when she’s on Jimmy Kimmel or Letterman, she seems a liitle off. I think it’s just who she is with a little bit of nervous energy mixed in!

3. Susan Reid says:

VERY awkward moment with her husband (?) when her name was announced. Looked like she was horrified to have to come in contact with this person. Wouldn’t say she looked intoxicated though – suspect she was nervous and had a rough day with her 3 kids prior to evening (talked to Seacrest about “projectile vomit” from one of her kids happening just hours before the Emmys.

4. Anna says:

I like Julie Bowen I think she was just surprised her speech seemed fine to be. She’s a great actress I’m glad she won :)

5. shawn says:

i thought she looked drunk and high

6. Τhе deputy director off the FDA ԁivision that oveгsees mеtabolic drugfs stated,
    “I was a little surprised the vote went as it did”, tthe deputy director
    fеlt that altgough many panelists weгen’t strongly
    against Qnexа, but possibly just had some
    lingering concerns that would make them vote no. During her captivity in a
    baѕement room сontaining a bed and a tеlеvision a tipping point occurs when she comes across an
    exercіse show and deсides to get up and get exercising. While in
    some rare occurrences this may be true the one thing to keeρ in mind is if you are purchаsing theѕe
    pills and live in the United States you are breaking the lаw
    and if caught will be proѕecuted.