The Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip actress will play medium Billie Dean during a four-episode arc, reports E! Online. Most of her scenes will be opposite Jessica Lange as the nosy, peculiar neighbor to the Harmons.
The series, which hails from Glee creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, revolves around the Harmon family — played by Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton and Taissa Farmiga — who move into a house with a haunted history.
Paulson’s past TV credits include Grey’s Anatomy, where she played young Ellis Grey, and ABC’s Cupid reboot.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• CBS has renewed Big Brother for a 14th season to debut in Summer 2012. The current cycle wraps up Wednesday with a 90-minute finale at 9:30/8:30c.
• TVGuide.com has your first look at Addison enlisting Dr. Jake’s helping in making a baby on Private Practice.
• Stevie Wonder, Patti LaBelle, LeAnn Rimes, Cobra Starship with Sabi and OneRepublic have been added to the roster of guest performers on Wednesday’s finale of America’s Got Talent, airing at 8/7c on NBC.
• Casey Wilson (Happy Endings) is staying in business with ABC. The network has bought Walk of Shame, a single-camera comedy written by Wilson and June Diane Raphael and produced by Will Gluck (Easy A, Friends With Benefits), per Deadline.
• Fox is turning the DC Comics property The Spectre into a TV series. Brandon Camp (John Doe) will pen the script, reports Deadline. Meanwhile, CBS is developing a modern take on Sherlock Holmes.
• Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men), Scott Caan (Hawaii Five-0), Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Claire Danes (Homeland), Jason O’Mara (Terra Nova) and Kerry Washington (Scandal) have been added as presenters at this Sunday’s Emmys.
• Former 10 Things I Hate About You and Greek writer Carter Covington has sold two new comedies, Where’s My Wand at ABC and Threepete at Fox, per Deadline.
• Turner Classic Movies will pay tribute to Oscar-winning actor Cliff Robertson, who passed away over the weekend, by airing seven of his movies on Sept. 19.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?