Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: I Hate My Teenage Daughter Casts Bridesmaids Scene-Stealer

Fox’s new comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter has nabbed one of this summer’s big-screen scene-stealers.

Wendi McLendon-Covey, who played Rita, the nympho-esque member of Maya Rudolph’s wedding party in Bridesmaids, has joined the pilot of Teenage Daughter, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The actress will play Principal Diego, the woman running the high school attended by the bitchy offspring of Annie (Jamie Pressly) and Nikki (Katie Finneran). Diego herself is a former mean girl and used to torment Nikki back in the day — and it’s something at which she apparently still excels. Strong Medicine‘s Rosa Blasi was originally cast in the role.

Awesome Exclusive: Chuck‘s Ryan McPartlin Visits I Hate My Teenage Daughter

Covey’s additional credits include CBS’ Rules of Engagement and Comedy Central’s cult hit Reno 911!.

I Hate My Teenage Daughter premieres Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 9:30/8:30c.

Comments (8)

• SHE SO GOOD! noo she CANT be on that fugly show!!! Why not Happy Endings?! WHYY??

Comment by Andre – September 13, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’ll always be “Deputy Clementine Johnson” to me… Isn’t she more known for that part?

Comment by bhm1304 – September 13, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess this means that we’ve seen the last of her and Russel on Rules of Engagement.

Comment by Rob – September 13, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RoB: I think I’ve read she’ll be returning to Rules…

Comment by TR – September 13, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that’s what I’ve heard. Doesn’t she get married to russell or something? from all the promos cbs is running right now.

I’m going to try out this show anyway. I really hope it’s not as bad as it sounds. lol…

Comment by Jess – September 14, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WENDI is just doing the pilot on the show one epsiode. She’ll be on Rules and a couple of movies in the works i heard. I love her and want to see her more and more. go Wendi!!!

Comment by Big fan – September 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is a versatile actress–on Reno911, she was the resident sexpot/tramp, then on Rules of Engagement, she’s the whiny, dumpy sad sack. And she didn’t change her look much between the two; it’s pretty much all acting.

Comment by satirex – September 14, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have seen the pilot for this show and it was really funny. Don’t hate on it if you havn’t seen it!

Comment by Brad – September 20, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post