Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Sundays?

The Fall TV season is right around the corner, and some tough viewing choices are coming. Let’s see what your gameplan is for Sunday night.

Fall TV Survival Guide: News, Scoops, Premiere Calendar

Each day* this week — during “the calm before the storm” — I’ve been showing you the grid for that night’s line-up, including Big 5 fare and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot, since live-ish viewership is still the gold standard when it comes to ratings, whether we like it or not. (*Yes, we’re skipping Saturday since I know you’ll all be watching Rules of Engagement; don’t want to break PollDaddy, after all.)

Fall TV Polls: What Will You Watch Live on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday?

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not keep the walkers from gnoshing on your brains when that day comes. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately ally with you.

NOTES ABOUT THE SUNDAY GRID: This represent the face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; that is why AMC’s Hell on Wheels (premiering Nov. 6) is included, while Breaking Bad (which finales Oct. 9) is not. Details on new shows (indicated by *) can be found at these links: Allen Gregory, Hell on Wheels, Homeland, Once Upon a Time, Pan Am.

1. Dean says:

Tie between Dexter and The Walking Dead for me.

2. Matt says:

Good Wife and Pan Am. Great night.

3. Carmen says:

Desperate Housewives and Pan Am! :D

4. nonabgo says:

Once Upon a Time and Dexter, but I’ll also watch The Good Wife.

5. Sally says:

Once Upon A Time. And probably Dexter.

6. Josh says:

DEXTER OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEXTER FOR EVERRRR!!!

• Kate says:

Absolutely! Dexter is the only show I absolutely have to see live. I dont mind finding out what happens on other shows before i watch it if I get behind, but Dexter is so good I would hate to find out the twists ahead of time rather than experience them myself.

7. Templar says:

Once Upon a Time, otherwise none of the above.

8. lee says:

dexter good wife and walking dead?! tough hour…
    Watch good wife live tivo the other two then watch them the next two hours since the next hour has nothing good
    as for the previous hour amazing race love that show, I’ll tivo once upon a time

• Amanda says:

I watch cable shows live and tivo network shows so I can skip the commercials!

• ESLKid75 says:

Actually, you should check out Homeland in the hour after Dexter.
      Went to an advance screening last night, and found it really interesting and really well done. It’s even on YouTube and on sho.com if you want to stream the pilot before its Oct 2nd debut (although you won’t have the nudity characteristic of Showtime shows until you watch it on Showtime).

9. Jorge Jose Herrera says:

I’m going to watch Once Upon a Time, The Good Wife and Pan Am live, whilst Desperate Housewives and Homeland record.

10. LOL says:

We get football early on the West Coast. The game is usually over by 8:30pm.

11. XK says:

The truth, of course, is that Sunday Night football will crush whatever it’s up against in the ratings (unless it’s a bad game). Thankfully, I’m on the west coast, will DVR Once upon a time to watch it when football ends, and then watch The Walking Dead and Pan Am (for at least a few episodes)

• elr says:

Yeah, football on CBS will ruin the Sunday night schedule for 2 of my shows that I would normally watch live. I will even need to record CSI Miami in order to make sure I have everthing enough time covered to watch the CBS shows.

12. aargh says:

Dexter vs The Good Wife? Tough choice.. but yeah, Dexter wins

• mdaily says:

Yeah, that’s what I thought: “Oh crap! what a tough choice.” But Dexter is shown multiple times throughout the week. So I will watch the Good Wife unless darn football causes overruns. Then I’ll go to Dexter and hope that the Good Wife is On Demand. I’m a DVR-less household. I am also looking forward to Homeland. So I hope that TGW doesn’t butt up against Homeland due to time overruns.

13. kevin says:

AMAZING RACE and PAN AM. Really don’t have Showtime to watch DEXTER and HOMELAND.

14. Laurel says:

The DVR is gonna get a workout on Sundays !
    Dexter & the Walking Dead are a must but I’m looking forward to AMC’s new show “Hell on Wheels” .
    There isn’t anything on TV quite like it.

I also want to check out Pan Am ,Once Upon a Time and Boardwalk Empire.

15. Melody says:

GREAT NEWS!! A light night of TV!! I have only one show on this night that interests me, Once Upon a Time. That’s it!! WOW. I’m not sure what else to say, after all the heavy nights during the week, it will be nice to have a relaxing evening.

16. Cassie says:

I would say I’m committed to watching “The Good Wife” live and DVR “Desperate Housewives” but I know that CBS will air the 4pm football game on the east coast and push Good Wife back to 9:45 on some nights so… Housewives live, watch Good Wife on Tuesdays with PrimeTime on Demand– the one reason why I am still a Time Warner customer.

17. Sivat says:

LIVE
    The Amazing Race
    Desperate Housewives
    Pan Am

DVR
    The Simpsons
    Once Upon a Time
    Dexter
    The Walking Dead

Sunday is a *huge* tv night for me. Thank God I get the West Coast feeds!

18. candice says:

Watch
    Once Upon A Time, Good Wife and Pan Am live.

I’ll record The Walking Dead, and watch Desperate Housewives on hulu.

19. Paul says:

Honestly, Sunday nights are going to be the best night pf the week for TV this year. Unfortunately, there’s not enough time to watch it all that night.

20. Elle says:

I’ll be tuning into Once Upon A Time and Good Wife and DVRing Desperate Housewives.For once Sunday won’t be dead for me can’t wait for Once Upon A Time though I can tell I will be obsessed.

21. BRETT says:

People need to watch THE GOOD WIFE live, and leave DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES for DVR. It’s their last season, they don’t need the ratings. TGW is the only appealing show to me on Sundays. PAN AM? Give me a break.

22. Brandy says:

Desperate Housewives, check out once upon a time

23. jenn says:

The Amazing Race…Desperate Housewives…Pan Am.

24. Sivat says:

This is the last season of Desperate Housewives…it’s our last chance to watch the entire thing “live”, so DVR The Good Wife and watch DH!!!

25. Sheldon W. says:

Live: 8-9: Once Upon a Time [loved the pilot]; 9-10: The Walking Dead [last year’s best new drama]; 10-11: Homeland [haven’t seen the pilot – just love the concept].

Record: 8-9: Not a darned thing; 9-10: Dexter, The Good Wife, Desperate Housewives [last season and Vanessa Williams is back]; 10-11: Pan Am, Hell On Wheels [CSI: Miami has sucked rocks for so long, there’s no way they could entice me back unless they killed off Horatio]

26. Meghan says:

DVR The Amazing Race and Once Upon a Time, DVR The Good Wife and Desperate Housewives, DVR Pan Am, DVR The Walking Dead at a later time. Easy!

27. J.C. says:

Desperate Housewives I love that show and I will definitely miss it. Like the promo said kiss them goodbye LIVE!!!

28. Denise says:

The Good Wife is the only show I always watch live. I’m going to give Once Upon a Time a try also.

29. AnnieM says:

We don’t watch *anything* live anymore (except my husband & his sports) since the DVR, but for Sunday, ‘Once Upon a Time’, ‘Walking Dead’, ‘Desperate Housewives’, ‘Pan Am’. Will most likely be watched at some point in that coming week.

30. rachel says:

Will watch Desperate Housewives and dvr Walking Dead!

31. Donna says:

Homeland & Dexter

32. Liz says:

ABC all night for me this year. I don’t think I can handle NFL without Peyton Manning. I may give the Giants a chance though.

33. Ram510 says:

I’m worried about Desperate Housewives. All of the competition at 9, I hope DH still manages to have good numbers for it’s final season.

Yes, I will be watching DH live like I have every Sunday in the past. All of the competition will have to be DVRd (sorry American Dad).

• Gia says:

The ratings for DH don’t matter too much this year. Unless they are absolutely abysmal, the show will air all of its episodes. ABC allowed several shows to limp through full seasons last year with poor numbers (Brothers & Sisters, that superhero show with Michael Chiklis whose title I’ve already forgotten, Detroit 187), and I doubt DH will drop as low as any of those series did. Though I agree, I’d like to see it go out on a high ratings note.

34. Jack says:

Boardwalk Empire is one of the best shows on tv. It has such a phenomenal cast.

35. Nan says:

For those of us on the west coast, cable shows like Dexter and Walking Dead air (and get recorded by our DVRs) at 6pm, and football ends by 7:15, so there isn’t as much competition as you suggest. The main question is which will we watch Sunday and which will be saved for later in the week. Dexter and Breaking Bad are two that I absolutely watch on Sunday. I always watched The Good Wife live on Tuesdays, so I may watch it live on Sunday now.

• Sally says:

Shows only come on earlier on the West Coast if you have AMC HD. We dropped the HD channels a year ago and the regular AMC does not air the shows earlier. I think I’ll watch the Walking Dead like I did last year, get a season pass on iTunes. I have to watch The Good Wife live. I’m too impatient to wait for it to come to On Demand or on the internet.

36. nlc6868 says:

People, people its not a matter of if the football game fouls up the CBS line-up its an absolute certainty. So all of the CBS shows have to get DVRed allowing at least an extra hour of recording time so we don’t get screwed. Oh yea, if forgot. I DVR everything. I never watch live TV and with 3 DVR’s it’s easy, and with the cable channels having multiple showings it makes it a snap to do. If you can afford it and have time to watch its the only way to go.

37. Justin says:

Too much TV on Sunday’s. I’ll have to watch The Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives and Pan Am as they air. DVR Once Upon a Time and The Walking Dead, and watch Boardwalk Empire and Homeland the day after either On Demand or on HBO GO. I’m secretly sort of hoping Pan Am gets cancelled just so it’s one less show to watch.

38. Joyce says:

I haven’t watched ABC in years. Just have basic cable so no Showtime. Won’t watch FOX–their news is so biased, they’ll spin anything to their view point. I’ve had it up to “HERE” with that good wife. Can’t stand reality shows. Doesn’t leave me a lot, does it. I watch mostley CBS and NBC.

39. miles silverberg says:

CBS putting The Good Wife against DH is just plain mean.

Football is going to win the night anyway, let a good veteran show go off the air in peace already.

Amazing Race — Desperate Housewives — Pan Am.

40. Guy says:

The Housewives because this is the last season and Once Upon a Time. Heard great things about this show and its my #1 pick for new shows this season so fingers crossed it does well.

10pm is nothing. All boring.

41. Sourabh says:

I’ll stick to Dexter out of loyalty, but holy sh** look at Sundays at 9.

42. Dan says:

I may drive a Yugo, but I’ve got DVR on 2 TVs. Yesssssssss!

43. Alex says:

Amazing Race at 8. So happy The Walking Dead is on at 9, so I can watch it live. After watching trailers for Homeland, it looks really good and is a sure bet for me to watch. Still not sure if I’ll watch any new network pilots. There’s also of course Breaking Bad which end its fourth season on October 9.

44. francis says:

One of the best nights for me, even though very tough decisions to be made:
    – Once Upon a Time (sooo eager for this to start);
    – This is very very tricky. Dexter and The Good Wife are two of my three favorite dramas on air, and The Walking Dead, which 6 episodes I saw during one afternoon is also amazing, surely top5 dramas, so I will probably watch The Good Wife live due to ratings, dvdr dexter and catch up walking dead online. But I am not sure I can actually dvdr dexter, i am always crazy to know what will happen on that show
    – Pan Am live and I will DVDR the first episodes of Homeland to see what I think of it

45. eli says:

‘Once Upon a Time’
    ‘The Good Wife’

46. Jack says:

These polls prove only one thing: this is a site for chicks.

47. scooterbeanbag says:

Sunday night is probably my easiest. Simpsons/FREE/Desperate Housewives/Pan Am. I’ll catch Family Guy on my DVR Monday morning.

48. Whatever says:

I’ll watch Once Upon a Time, Dexter and Pan Am.
    And DVR The Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels,Homeland and Boardwalk Empire.
    The storyline on Desperate Housewives has become desperate, so I think I’m going to skip that this season.

49. Jo says: